Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

[UPDATE] Mushking Pre-Season Known Issues

Comments

• DraigelDraigel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,200
    I hope everyone who abused will be punished.

I do not think it's fair to reset the ranking, there are people who are there and not abused ... I am one of them. At this point I am in rank 19 solo and NEVER abused, is it fair that I lose all the points that I have gained with effort because of those who abused? It's a few days of Mushking Royale but it's DAYS LOST for nothing and I'm not even guilty.
    No11skanderCylil
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,470
    Snoogem wrote: »
    hankiepix wrote: »
    I really hope they reset the ranks. No good rewarding bad behaviour and Mushking gameplay is so depressing when you can be one shot by people abusing the bug that should've been fixed.
    Also, have you been made aware of the authentication error? I and other players have got this pop up asking us to restart the game because the "Authentication was invalid" which continues to appear around every minute until the game is restarted.
    Hopefully there is a second emergency maintenance and all of these issues are resolved, I have high hopes for this game!

Can confirm also got authentication bug, got pushed into thorns and died due to the popup showing up before i could move out...

Can also confirm. It got me killed as it popped up right before the storm ;x
    hankiepix
  • DraigelDraigel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,200
    edited 10:22AM August 25, 2018
    Nexon please turn off all the servers and fix the problems. It's impossible to play.

I want to see punishments, I do not want to see abusers gaining the founders at the end.
    yukheiiDanDKNo11skander
  • 1skander1skander
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,835
    They should definitely shut down the servers and fix the issue immediately (Remove arcane orb, simple as that, hell it's not even THAT good without the exploit lol). However, I do NOT agree with resetting EVERYONE's (even people who haven't used it) ranks. Like, I'm currently at rank 4 solo on my server and I haven't used it once, even though the number one HAS abused it (and I have screenshots of them admitting + using it!).
    yukheiiSeasiderNo1Cylil
  • ConsolableConsolable
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    edited 11:03AM August 25, 2018
    Resetting rankings would be horrible for those who have already spent a lot of time playing.

I would just look into reported or suspicious players and see if they've used the orb exploit then exclude them from the rankings before awarding out prizes.

For people that have recording software and play often by the rules, maybe you guys can record a game where you know users that exploit are in your game, and then try and catch them killing you with the exploit.
    Carisei1skander
  • LotussLotuss
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 875
    Honestly, I think they would reset everyone's rankings to make it an even ground again.
    1) They don't know who's completely honest.
    2) They want to prove that they will take action for exploits and penalize everyone just to tell them not to exploit, whether it'd be first time or multiple consequence.
    3) There'd be an outcry if your rankings were reset because you were accused of being an exploiter, even if you weren't.
    4) There's just too many people to manually reset their rankings anyways.

Tons of people are using it at this point. By tomorrow, I expect 90% of exploiters will be Top 200. So now, those people will get the rewards, and the average player won't be able to catch up to their dirty-earned ranking. :/
    SeasiderCylil
  • 1skander1skander
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,835
    @Lotuss it'd take less effort to reset everyone, sure, but if laziness was the thing they were aiming for, they wouldn't be listening to our feedback on lumi stones and other things. Since they DID say they're removing p2win and they're listening to our feedback, laziness isn't what they're gunning for.

However, we all know already why most people really want the reset- they want to tear down the players at the top. Tell me, if you were in the top ten and had used up numerous hours farming the ranking points, struggling through matches with losses due to exploiters- would it be FAIR to you to reset you because "it's less effort"? I think not.

The only thing that can help curb the exploiters is a rank reset/soft ban, and even if they take longer to implement it, if anything it's even more of a punishment because they'll lose even more days of progress and fall even FURTHER behind. So yeah, i'd rather they manually reset all the guys after having a few different screenshots of the abuse happening from different people (to make sure it's not someone framing that person), as well as temporarily keeping servers closed while they remove the bug + derank those players.
    CubeNoobCylil
  • LotussLotuss
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 875
    1skander wrote: »
    @Lotuss it'd take less effort to reset everyone, sure, but if laziness was the thing they were aiming for, they wouldn't be listening to our feedback on lumi stones and other things. Since they DID say they're removing p2win and they're listening to our feedback, laziness isn't what they're gunning for.

However, we all know already why most people really want the reset- they want to tear down the players at the top. Tell me, if you were in the top ten and had used up numerous hours farming the ranking points, struggling through matches with losses due to exploiters- would it be FAIR to you to reset you because "it's less effort"? I think not.

The only thing that can help curb the exploiters is a rank reset/soft ban, and even if they take longer to implement it, if anything it's even more of a punishment because they'll lose even more days of progress and fall even FURTHER behind. So yeah, i'd rather they manually reset all the guys after having a few different screenshots of the abuse happening from different people (to make sure it's not someone framing that person), as well as temporarily keeping servers closed while they remove the bug + derank those players.

I honestly agree that it wouldn't be fair for the real ones and would rather reset the rankings to the abusers. So unless we all work together to report these exploiters, we're really on a tight rope here on how they're going to handle this issue and IF they are even going as far as to reset some ranks. As far as I know, there hasn't been any official announcement on how to deal with this anyways, so only time will tell. :shrug:

Rumor has it people are getting banned. But I've yet to see the ones doing it banned in NA West.

But anyways, this is just my opinion and take on how they're going to deal with this.

Now if they can just fix the authentication error. That would be great.
    1skanderCylil
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    No way these people will get banned. On NA west everyone on the top 10 does it. Actually everyone does it in squad. If anything the people who don't do this combo is the minority. It's sad that Nexon has not made any announcement that it's not allowed or anything.

hankiepix
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    1skander wrote: »
    They should definitely shut down the servers and fix the issue immediately (Remove arcane orb, simple as that, hell it's not even THAT good without the exploit lol). However, I do NOT agree with resetting EVERYONE's (even people who haven't used it) ranks. Like, I'm currently at rank 4 solo on my server and I haven't used it once, even though the number one HAS abused it (and I have screenshots of them admitting + using it!).

gonna be real with you here it can still nearly 1shot even without the bug so I have to disagree with it not being that good but I do agree with removing it. only cause I use blocks for protection..
  • RisuneRisune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    If it goes down to a report system I could just place a block in front of an orb kill from someone else screenshot and pretend they exploit to get a higher rank, If they fully reset people who didn't will be upset, if they remove the orb or block people who aren't actually at the top due to skill will not win as much leaving people who can win without it going up the ranks. Yes they will have a huge advantage but without definitive proof I highly doubt Nexon will even ban or disqualify anyone. That being said they fixed a meret shop issue nearly instantly after it came to their attention. I know someone said they removed p2w aspects but that's just straight up removing content not fixing it and that's a whole other ball court of effort. Nexon literally only want your money not players being happy. I don't think anyone should be banned for abusing a imbalanced combo just to be on the same playing field as the other exploiters, at most disqualified from the rewards, but Nexon has no definitive way to know they did or did not use it other then players streaming or video recording them doing so because they can't take your word for it and they cant just look at kill feeds in games if they can monitor it because kills normally with arcane orb do happen. If it does end up as a report to get banned or disqualified route then I and anyone else could easily pretend they did or place a block next to them with an arcane orb and pretend they do.
  • JoweegaJoweega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 11:23AM August 27, 2018
    The least Nexon should do is reset the ranks and extend the dates for climbing the ranks. It will be almost like a soft reset.

As far as disciplinary action, DQ anyone who exploited the glitch PROFUSELY (I'm talking about multiple games to climb the ranks).

Also, please fix the hotkey reset every time we log off. It's cumbersome to have to always fix it.
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    edited 1:12AM August 26, 2018
    Remove the arcane orb.
    Remove the blockade.

REMOVE THE PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER.
  • drizzteldrizztel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 415
    Since you already know there is a problem, why not stop it temporarily? Repair as soon as possible. For those who don't cheat, this model is a disaster.
    DanDK
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    edited 1:08AM August 26, 2018
    Founder's Pack prizes available!!!
    Remember Apogee wanting to give away prizes in Wolfenstein 3D if you called them and said "aardwolf"?!?
    What happened with that??

See, with the exploiters, and you guys at Nexon want to give out Founder's packs, up to USD $90 worth of meret...
    ...do you think it's even worth giving away thousands of dollars to cheaters? Hmm, Nexon?
    DanDK
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    I'm very uncomfortable with how the game is going so far...and it's not even out yet.
    I thought nexon learned their lesson but I guess they are back to ignoring player feed back and aiding cheaters
    DanDK
  • YuriahYuriah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I rather nexon not make any statement than this. Understanding there's a problem and not doing anything about it is worse than not acknowledging it. You are aware of the problem, yet deem it not important enough to be fixed at a reasonable time. Simply turning off the blocks is nothing more than an hours maint. It screams. I don't care.
    DanDK
  • MougenMougen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    Clearly a proof that nexon does not care about us, they should simply remove the orb or the wall directly, and of course we have no information on what they intend to do, I think that no one will be punished for using the bug , which is normal because totally of their fault.
    You exploit or you lose, if not be fairplay and be penalized, It's stupid.
    DanDK
  • ShayarahlaShayarahla
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    They won't be punished watch.

Maplestory's own fault for not catching this beforehand, when you reward the top 200 and there is a "exploit" to get them there. Can you blame the players for using it? Especially when the consequences of not using it is incredible frustration.

Please delete the orb. Royale is unplayable at the moment.

why do people promote this childish mindstate? literally the most basic form of responsibility you are given... and you cant maintain that

so sad lol
    GunPowder
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,470
    I aint using exploits yet I am in the top 200. Nexon is at fault keeping this in the game like it is. But resetting stuff? Sorry but thats just unfair for many who dont use it. Maintenance and remove the orb. (y) for the rest I dont care. I dont even care about people using it to be fair. Gives a bit more difficulty to it
    Cariseidrizztel1skanderCatalyst