During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Authentication Invalid.

AskaLanglyAskaLangly
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
edited 3:59AM August 24, 2018 in Bug Reporting
To reproduce, just stay connected.
IaxLfYF.png
Keeps popping up once in a while. During matches, it's even worse.
I have tried relogging both game and Launcher.
DrandelAru404NotFoundiZallen

Comments

• DrandelDrandel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    I had the same pop=up before, however, it was fixed when I re-logged.
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    Right, but even when I did that, I started another battle. Same error. Then it just kept appearing, even in the Park. Hence the screenshot.
  • PollyPolly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 760
    I get the error as well. No idea how to fix it. Restarting temporarily fixes it but it will just reoccur after some minutes have passed.
    yukheii
  • MrZeniousMrZenious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Hmmm.

I'm wondering if Nexon is using some sort of SSO solution (SAML) for the launcher so you do not have to login via the client (read 'Maplestory game). Either way, with many SSO solutions, there is a 'session' that is suppose to be managed and updated. On the SSO end, you can configure a 'timeout' period but the client (Maplestory server) can also have it's own timeout session and should be refreshing the session. Maybe they aren't doing this?
    AskaLanglyLastSaturdayyukheii
  • ArrowVulcanArrowVulcan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,520
    I've had this a few times now no matter restarting the game or even the nexon launcher. Once it happen, it keeps showing up like every minute until you restart the game. This thing have made me die during the Mushking Royale. This was never a problem before so it may have started after the latest maintenance
    AskaLangly
  • 17black17black
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    I'm getting the same error. It has happened twice now, once while in the park, once while in royale. I have to log out and back in. The popup will not go away til I log off.
    AskaLangly
  • TytaineTytaine
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    I have been having this issue often as well.
    AskaLangly
  • meeoutzidemeeoutzide
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 685
    I just got back to the keyboard, and this error was on the screen. I was in the Park.
    AskaLangly
  • meeoutzidemeeoutzide
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 685
    This authentication invalid is not good. It gets in the way of the game. When in royal battle, I cannot move or do anything until I click ok.
    AskaLangly
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    Reporting as of 01:45 Eastern, same issue in NA East.
    Prior screenshot was in NA West at approximately the time of posting.
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,060
    It's an amazing problem! Jk

I hope this gets resolved as soon as possible, it does get annoying to as it interrupts during gameplay.
    AskaLangly
  • AruAru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
  • BashnirBashnir
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    edited 7:07AM August 25, 2018
    Hello,

So starting last night i keep getting a message "Authentication session is invalid. Please restart the game" you can click OK to this message and it goes away, but in a couple min it just keeps coming up. So when you are in a Mushking Royale it stops everything you are doing and this has killed me mult times when playing. I then have to restart my game (takes forever and sometimes i need to kill the session) I can then play for a bit longer then the message comes again.

What is causing this and I didn't experience this at all in CBT.

HELP PLEASE this is getting very very annoying. Please leave a comment if you are experiencing this as well.

EDIT: Also when i come back after the restart all my setting are put back to default so I need to reset up all my hotkeys.

Thanks,
    Bashnir
    AskaLangly
  • RuskiiRuskii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    I get the same message
    AskaLangly
  • BashnirBashnir
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Ruskii wrote: »
    I get the same message

Its getting worse for me, and this is driving me nuts. I hate that I need to restart my game mult times a day. During CBT i was able to keep the game up all the time unless the servers would go down. I really hope someone posts a fix for this.

My guess is they will just tell me to uninstall / reinstall the game.
    AskaLangly
  • Mayham27Mayham27
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    edited 2:14AM August 28, 2018
    Bashnir: i am getting the same message, i was talking to one one of the techs and they told me to do a uninstall, and do some cache thing to. I don't remember all of it and thought the chat would go into my email account to reference it at a later time but i didn't, ANYWAYS lol to my point i tried all of that didn't work, i uninstalled it again, it worked for a couple hrs but now i have been playing it for little over an hr and now its back. I really want this fixed its really annoying. I didn't get this message when in the beta (both times)
    AskaLangly
  • MrZeniousMrZenious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Hey @Bashnir,

I believe there is a patch scheduled for Wednesday to take care of some known issues. Hopefully this is one of them. If you are still experiencing the issue afterwards, I would suggest you open up a ticket with their Support.

~Cheers
    Mister (NAW/NAE)
    Bashnir
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    edited 8:58PM August 29, 2018
    You have seen me ramble on and on about the authentication error.
    I recently gathered the times when I received this error.

1. Start the game, and nearly instantly travel to the beauty salon. Had it pop up after a minute or so.

2. Form a party and start a squad battle. Some time into battle, you'll receive the error.
    N.B. :: It's worth noting that the host is more prone to the error than the rest of the party. But over time, other members will receive the error.

3. If the authentication error pops up right when the Party Formed for Battle message is at 0, you will not be able to join the battle!!

4. If you're solo, idling for a heavy amount of time, then move someplace else, would yield the error.
    yukheii
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,740
    edited 4:57PM September 1, 2018
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of getting this 'authentication error'. It hasn't affected me a significantly during the match, but it sure is annoying to having to restart it. I haven't discovered any patterns, or anything that causes it. Please let me know if you know anything about preventing this error. Nexon should've patched this already.
    AskaLangly
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    They mentioned they are aware of it which in Nexon's case is a huge challenge in the first place. Now they just need a couple of months to actually do something about it since it's not a critical issue.
    AskaLangly