Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Participation in Forum Events

SrslyrlySrslyrly
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
edited 5:35PM August 22, 2018 in General Chat
Hello all,

I hope you're having a great day so far! While we wait for the upcoming official launch date reveal on August 21st, I was thinking of ways to liven up the MapleStory2 Forum. With that said, how likely are you to participate in Forum events? -- not only those hosted by Nexon, but by the community as well. I've hosted contests in the past with prizes (e.g. Karma Koins) and would be more than happy to get the ball rolling on this. One example would be the Design a New Class contest, which would be graded on a combination of creativity and the artwork itself. Just trying to gauge the level of interest based on current Forum activity. What are your thoughts? Do you have any other ideas or suggestions?

Active Events:
Design a New Class Contest (8/19-9/30)
Maple Storyteller Contest (8/22-9/30)
DanDKkawingshekJirachuAlzackFluffernutNXACuddles
  1. How likely are you to participate in Forum events?46 votes
    1. Likely / Interested
       59% (27 votes)
    2. Not likely / Not interested
       30% (14 votes)
    3. I would not participate, but would in some way provide support!
       11% (5 votes)

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Sounds pleasant! Looking forward to see what you'll be coming up with.
    Sadly, most contests are about creativity so I'd probably not get very far, but hope you'll be making many people happy. :)
    Srslyrly
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    Thanks @DanDK!

Most likely I'll be selecting a panel of judges for those of you who aren't participating but would like to support in some way!
    DanDK
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    I would love to see more community-hosted events as well. :) If you do decide to follow through with the idea, I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us!
    Srslyrly
  • FaelightFaelight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,925
    I can't wait until Halloween. I want to see spooky haunted house :D
    Srslyrly
  • CelestineVCelestineV
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,805
    It sounds fun but I can't take any more Ls

DMjD1k2.jpg
    BakaAniki
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    @MarkM Thanks, hopefully it works out!
    @Faelight Same here! A lot of upcoming holidays. :)
    @CelestineV Don't give up! I'm sure there will be many more opportunities for that W.

• AlzackAlzack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,745
    edited 3:29AM August 18, 2018
    Events hosted by community are always pleasant experience as well as great idea to spend some time with other Maplers and liven mood on the forum so I'm eager to see what surprises you store up your sleeve. I'll definitely enjoy and support any incentive coming from playerbase.
    Kind regards!
    DanDKSrslyrly
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    edited 11:01PM August 18, 2018
    Based on the results from the poll, I'll be moving forward with a forum event!

To start off, I'm in need of 4 judges for a Design a New Class contest and will be reaching out to several of you. Ideally the panel will include a mix of moderators and other members from the community. If any of you are interested in being a judge, please feel free to send me a private message with a quick blurb about yourself -- this will likely require a time commitment of up to 1 hour per week. Keep in mind that I'll be going through your comment history before making my selections, so I'll be looking for volunteers who are active in the MS2 Forum. As soon as I've confirmed the panel of judges, I'll be posting the event in FAN MEDIA. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Thank to those of you who voted thus far. :)
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    Great initiative!

If you need any help from the team or have questions, feel free to send me a pm here or on discord. Within reason, I am sure we can help accommodate community-driven events :)
    PokeSrslyrly
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    Thanks @Olujiwan! I've just sent you a private message.

I'll be posting the event details later today and will also add the link to this discussion for visibility.
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,255
    ahhh this sounds awesome! I'd love to participate or help in any events! If youre ever looking for some help, i'm glad to help as well! 2b7b9109a54215030bc9241085e1ef01-d7n4wil.gif
    Srslyrly
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    Thanks @Fluffernut!

I've posted the event here: Design a New Class Contest (8/19-9/30)
    LindelyNaos
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    While we wait for the official launch in October, I'll be hosting another forum event. This will be posted in Fan Media alongside my other contest. Keep an eye out for it. :)

More events to come in the future!
    NaosBakaAnikiDanDK
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,610
    edited 6:36AM August 23, 2018
    Srslyrly wrote: »
    While we wait for the official launch in October, I'll be hosting another forum event. This will be posted in Fan Media alongside my other contest. Keep an eye out for it. :)

More events to come in the future!

Hot damn, you're on a roll with these forum event. I hope what you're doing can inspire other maplers to host similar events for the community and best thing is that it doesn't even have to be for nx codes, it can be a portrait or drawing of the winner's character, a custom ugc template or whatever clever thing they can come up with.
    SrslyrlyDanDK
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    @BakaAniki I hope so too! Also, those are some great ideas for prizes!
    BakaAnikiDanDK
  • Sekundes_Sekundes_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 850
    edited 4:29PM August 23, 2018
    I'd love to join the class contest, but I can't draw hehe.

@Srslyrly
    Hi Minny :)
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    edited 5:02PM August 23, 2018
    Sekundes_ wrote: »
    I'd love to join the class contest, but I can't draw hehe.

Hi @Sekundes_! I've kept this in mind based on feedback from the community, so that is why I decided to host the following: Maple Storyteller Contest (8/22-9/30).

I hope you consider participating!

DanDK