Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Release Date, Name Reservations, Runeblader, etc.

Answers

• NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 10:38AM August 22, 2018
    Hero_ wrote: »
    For people not in the CBT can they reserve their names? How exactly does the name reservation works, ingame or in the website?

Excuse the ignorance, I'm completely new.

Download the Launcher from the website, download MS2 from the launcher, after that you can create your character in "Mushking Royale" side of the game (1 character per region). Later that same character will be available for the official launch.
  • Kazu5542Kazu5542
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    real funny, the release date is in October, and the game is called MAPLE story 2....
  • KaoriKaori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    If we spend any merits on ugc/appearance it stays with you till release right?
  • MewmewGirlMewmewGirl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    GunPowder wrote: »
    Name reservation will open for everyone tomorrow at 9AM PT / 12PM ET.

I feel that this is worded wrong :D

Shouldn't it be "Name reservation will re-open for Founders tomorrow"? Or is it actually opening up for everybody now?
  • BlackPinkBlackPink
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I am so confused.
    I bought a founder's pack, and I reserved my name few days ago. But I deleted it today (after the patch), and remade it on the Royale because they wouldn't let me on the MS2 one. Does that mean the remade one will still be saved? Just worried it won't get saved :'(
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Kaori wrote: »

Definitely. Since that content is global, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
    Kaori
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
    edited 2:02AM August 23, 2018
    @DrYoshiyahu and @NXACuddles - Do you know if the team is working on optimizing the game in a way that would lower our pings? My ping moves between 120 and 150 when I'm playing on the closest server... It's sad to say, especially since I already purchased a founder's pack, but I will not bother playing the game with a ping this high...

MewmewGirl wrote: »
    GunPowder wrote: »
    Name reservation will open for everyone tomorrow at 9AM PT / 12PM ET.

I feel that this is worded wrong :D

Shouldn't it be "Name reservation will re-open for Founders tomorrow"? Or is it actually opening up for everybody now?

Yes, everyone can reserve their IGN from now until release.
  • VixieVixie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,400
    @DrYoshiyahu, do you know if red merets will be in game? So far they're still gone. Which imo is great.

Also on premiere streams some people were showing the premium store and it had not only new clothes I've never seen before, but also starter clothes. So, few questions here.
    1. Is this the premium store we'll get on headstart?
    2. Are ALL of the starter clothes (ones in character creation) in there?
    3. Are some of these (for example, the white gloves) going to be the new UGC templates?
    unknown-5.png
  • AnActualNameAnActualName
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    @DrYoshiyahu
    Today: a lot of information was released through streamers, content creators, and news sites. Many people on the forums attempted to collate the information into single threads, but, given that they're largely identical, we've merged them and stickied it. Until Nexon releases their own announcement, we'll leave this stickied and try to be active in answering any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to @ me personally with any questions you may have.

The most important information to know right now is the following: You can log in on August 22nd (today) at 9AM PT / 12PM ET to reserve names, create a Runeblade, and play Mushking Royale. The top 200 Mushking Royale players in NA and EU and the top 100 players in SA and OCE will win Founder's Packs.

You've mentioned that people are able to create a Runeblade - though there doesn't seem to be an option to create one. Was that a mistake on your part and it'll be released on October 10th? I hope that's not the case, since I've been meaning to main a Runeblade character though I'd have to re-create, re-gain all the trophies I've accumulated since the headstart on October 1st, be careful not to bind my Founder Pack/MushRoyal Items to any other character... etc. So I'm hoping that it'll be available to play as at the headstart launch, or at least let people change their character's class when it does release.
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 9:01AM August 23, 2018
    Kaori wrote: »
    @Kaori: Yes. Everything you do from now until October is permanent.
    MewmewGirl wrote: »
    Or is it actually opening up for everybody now?
    @MewmewGirl: It's open for everyone.
    BlackPink wrote: »
    I am so confused.
    I bought a founder's pack, and I reserved my name few days ago. But I deleted it today (after the patch), and remade it on the Royale because they wouldn't let me on the MS2 one. Does that mean the remade one will still be saved? Just worried it won't get saved :'(
    @BlackPink: You don't have separate characters for Mushking Royale and the rest of the game. It's the same characters. There are no more account wipes.
    Vixie wrote: »
    @DrYoshiyahu, do you know if red merets will be in game?
    1. Is this the premium store we'll get on headstart?
    2. Are ALL of the starter clothes (ones in character creation) in there?
    3. Are some of these (for example, the white gloves) going to be the new UGC templates?
    @Vixie: There are red merets visible in-game right now. This is an early version of the cash shop, and it's obviously subject to change. I'm not sure how much of an impact they will have, given that Nexon has been actively and deliberately changing things from KMS2 to make sure that GMS2 is not P2W in any way.
    1. I'm not sure. It may be, but that's probably one of the parts of the game that could change the most before the launch.
    2. Yeah, they were all in the cash shop during CBT, as well.
    3. I'm not sure whether or not they're going to have more UGC templates or just allow users to add transparency to the current templates. Either way, Nexon is trying to give more freedom to UGC creators, specifically with regards to transparency.
    You've mentioned that people are able to create a Runeblade - though there doesn't seem to be an option to create one.
    @AnActualName: I'm not sure why that is, sorry. I got that information from the same news sources linked in the post. I'll ask Cuddles when they'll be available for character creation and get back to you.
    Vixie