Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

For real?

VinneVinne
MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
edited 9:34AM August 22, 2018 in General Chat
I spent 100 dollars on the legendary package, then i got in the mushking royale and realized that i need to buy more merets to get the special pass , wouldnt it be more wise to let the players that bought the founders get the merets now to spend them on the gold pass? Just saying , not that i didnt expected this move but , dayum , i gotta say, this SU**S for people like me that live in a dead country like brazil , paying absurd amounts of money because of the inflation , i mean , like 5 years ago 1 dollar was 2 Reais (which is the brazilian money) , nowadays 1 dólar is 3,75 reais , and you guys made it even expensive by pushing the conversion even beyond , i payed almost 450 reais for a 100 dollar package , thats CRAZY, please consider allowing players get the merets from the founders now.
StrawberryPanicLa3elleFluffernutExiga

Comments

• MrSnuggletonMrSnuggleton
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,885
    why would you spend money on mushking royal?
    tenor.gif
    Unless you bought the founders pack to play mushking royal x'D
    AlcyonariaDalsia
  • VinneVinne
    why would you spend money on mushking royal?
    tenor.gif
    Unless you bought the founders pack to play mushking royal x'D

Because the items you get with the gold pass are really good , and (as long as i know)they will go to my account when the game officially release. Its really worth it '-'
    VixieXtonyAlcyonaria
  • StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685
    Also kinda angered by this.
  • KaiieaKaiiea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Forum Moderator
    I can see why it isn't a thing because, on the flip side, so many people would waste their merets thinking that MR didn't count for their first character creation on the server. Could you imagine if you wasted your Founders Pack items on a character you used only temporarily for Mushking Royale? Yikes!

You aren't the first person to have made this mistake though...it should definitely be made more clear when purchasing a Founders Pack from today going forward. :(
  • RingringRingring
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,615
    I thought it was pretty dumb too.
  • VinneVinne
    edited 10:14AM August 22, 2018
    Kaiiea wrote: »
    I can see why it isn't a thing because, on the flip side, so many people would waste their merets thinking that MR didn't count for their first character creation on the server. Could you imagine if you wasted your Founders Pack items on a character you used only temporarily for Mushking Royale? Yikes!

You aren't the first person to have made this mistake though...it should definitely be made more clear when purchasing a Founders Pack from today going forward. :(

Okay , now im REALLY confused , what did you mean by that? The character you use for the royale is the same that you use in the official game , the only thing that changes is that you dont have the same items and skills.
  • NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Nexon'd *Insert DFO Male Mechanic 1st Awakening Pic*
    Alcyonaria
  • La3elleLa3elle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    I was just about to comment the same thing. Most of bought FP for the reason it included Merets at a good price but now that we want to buy stuff with Merets we don't have access to them and have to buy more. :( That's a bit silly especially considering we can buy items now that will transfer over to launch so why not just make our founder pack items available now? If you decide you want to create another character just transfer your items on the shared bank to another account and delete the old one. You'd have to do it anyways if you received items during the MR event.
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Vinne wrote: »
    Okay , now im REALLY confused , what did you mean by that? The character you use for the royale is the same that you use in the official game , the only thing that changes is that you dont have the same items and skills.

I assume they're saying that if Founders Pack items were delivered to characters in the Mushking 'server', then people might accidentally delete their Founders items by deleting their Mushking characters, right?
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    edited 10:29AM August 22, 2018
    Shybz wrote: »

I assume they're saying that if Founders Pack items were delivered to characters in the Mushking 'server', then people might accidentally delete their Founders items by deleting their Mushking characters, right?

They could have easily just distribute merits. Which once open will be in your account so it wouldn't matter if you delete your character. This just seem like a lazy way to make people pay and once again screw people who actually supported them.

It's getting kinda pathetic. This game basically sells itself but every decision Nexon has made so far makes me lose hope on how long this game will last.

Edit: And you know what this might be an unpopular opinion but if I spend 100$ before the game start. This stupid battle pass for a mini-game should be included. You're telling me I spent 100$ and I have to buy another 10$ merits before the game even comes out? Lol?
    La3elleVinneAnimalKingdomDanDK
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    I already had a NX card laying around, however I am unhappy about this too.
  • ShybzShybz
    HoIy wrote: »
    Shybz wrote: »

They could have easily just distribute merits. Which once open will be in your account so it wouldn't matter if you delete your character. This just seem like a lazy way to make people pay and once again screw people who actually supported them.

It's getting kinda pathetic. This game basically sells itself but every decision Nexon has made so far makes me lose hope on how long this game will last.

Edit: And you know what this might be an unpopular opinion but if I spend 100$ before the game start. This stupid battle pass for a mini-game should be included. You're telling me I spent 100$ and I have to buy another 10$ merits before the game even comes out? Lol?

I agree that they should be distributed now, but the bolded isn't necessarily true. I purchased additional merits to buy the Gold pass and I was sent a letter in my mailbox, which resulted in a consumable item that I had to use, which once I finally consumed gave me the Merets. An extremely obtuse method compared to just adding them to my account, but with that method you could absolutely delete your merets on accident. And if that's the way they're doing it, I can easily see people deleting them not realizing they received the merets but not the rest of their founders stuff. And their stance seems to just be that all founders rewards will come at once at launch, inconvenient as it may be, unfortunately.

You've lost me on that last point though.
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    edited 10:01PM August 22, 2018
    You bold the sentence that you didn't seem to read. Once you open the merits they email you it becomes account bound.

The last point is that Legendary pack was advertised as the package you get to basically get everything you need when you start out. I was advertise that I will get 90$ worth of NX but I can't even use for their very first content/mini game.

Imagine buying a season pass but then you can't access the first new dlc that they bring out. Just seems really stupid .
  • ShybzShybz
    edited 10:16PM August 22, 2018
    You bold the sentence that you didn't seem to read. Once you open the merits they email you it becomes account bound.

The last point is that Legendary pack was advertised as the package you get to basically get everything you need when you start out. I was advertise that I will get 90$ worth of NX but I can't even use for their very first content/mini game.

Imagine buying a season pass but then you can't access the first new dlc that they bring out. Just seems really stupid .

Yes, once you open it. If you don't open before deletion you could lose it, was their point, I think.
    It advertises you'll get the NX at launch, and you still will. Doesn't preclude them from offering a different pre-launch package for sale in addition to it. Season Pass is prepurchased DLC, not a good comparison.
  • qbicfeetqbicfeet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 695
    edited 11:31PM August 22, 2018

Let me preface this by saying that I too think it's stupid that you can't use your Founder's Pack merets in the Pre-Season, but your season pass analogy doesn't really work. The Founder's Pack clearly states that you will get your rewards when the game officially launches. This isn't an official launch, it's a *bonus* side activity to keep players occupied for the next month. You haven't been lied to and you haven't been screwed out of something you were promised.
  • MikuAPBMikuAPB
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    *cough* not P2W they said
  • ShybzShybz
    MikuAPB wrote: »
    *cough* not P2W they said

...Does the pass help you win?
  • MikuAPBMikuAPB
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    well just look over the items... its more hardcore than a fortnite pass... and that they want near 10 bucks for it even the real game isnt out is absolutly a effrontery.
    a minigame should stay a minigame and not being a standalone...
  • qbicfeetqbicfeet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 695
    MikuAPB wrote: »
    well just look over the items... its more hardcore than a fortnite pass... and that they want near 10 bucks for it even the real game isnt out is absolutly a effrontery.
    a minigame should stay a minigame and not being a standalone...

...Do cosmetics help you win?