Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Release Date, Name Reservations, Runeblader, etc.

Answers

• ZerolioZerolio
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,915
    Today: a lot of information was released through streamers, content creators, and news sites. Many people on the forums attempted to collate the information into single threads, but, given that they're largely identical, we've merged them and stickied it. Until Nexon releases their own announcement, we'll leave this stickied and try to be active in answering any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to @ me personally with any questions you may have.

The most important information to know right now is the following: You can log in on August 22nd (today) at 9AM PT / 12PM ET to reserve names, create a Runeblade, and play Mushking Royale. The top 200 Mushking Royale players in NA and EU and the top 100 players in SA and OCE will win Founder's Packs.

Will the mushking royale be available 24/7 or only during the weekends?
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,255
    @DrYoshiYahu
    I have a few questions,
    1- On the released schedule, it said that Pre registration begins on September 24th. Any idea what this is for?
    2- Do you think there is any leeway on Nexons side for the 9 day headstart being shortened?
    3- Will the design shop be available during the Mushking royale for us to design templates in?
    4- Will fair fight be tweeked?
    5- What exactly is the Joddy squad?
    DrYoshiyahu
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
    edited 5:34AM August 22, 2018
    Updated thread with headstart restrictions.
    Level 50 cap for headstart, 60 at release.
    No chaos raids until release.
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 6:22AM August 22, 2018
    Anrie wrote: »
    Could cosplayers be considered to be apart of the Joddy squad :o?
    @Anrie: Possibly, yeah. The details aren't super clear, and I think that's because it's going to be pretty case-by-case. If a cosplayer has a large-enough following on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, etc, it'll be a lot easier for them to qualify.
    Zerolio wrote: »
    @Zerolio: I'm not sure about the specifics of the Mushking event. If that information isn't written in-game when we log in in two hours, it will be in a blog post hopefully later this week.
    Fluffernut wrote: »
    1- On the released schedule, it said that Pre registration begins on September 24th. Any idea what this is for?
    @Fluffernut: That's a website event, similar to the Road Trip from CBT1. There will be rewards to earn during that time. It may also mark the day when the client can be downloaded and installed, but that's speculation.
    2- Do you think there is any leeway on Nexons side for the 9 day headstart being shortened?
    I would be extremely doubtful, given that this news was given to a large number of news outlets. That's a pretty significant redaction to make.
    3- Will the design shop be available during the Mushking royale for us to design templates in?
    I don't know, but I doubt it. We'll find out in ~2 hours any way.
    Yeah, they did confirm they're adjusting fair fight, and it will be disabled at chaos difficulty.
    It's a reward program for streamers and content creators. It's similar to other game's partner programs, where you're rewarded for sharing the game with your following/fan base. The rewards they specifically named include a badge, chat bubble, shirt, balloon mount, and an emote.
    There's also opportunities for people who are particularly helpful or prominent within the community. This could include house designers, UGC designers; possibly even noteworthy members of the forums and Discord who show exceptional merit.
    CatalystFluffernutZerolioKaiiea
  • KaoriKaori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    For the name reservations is it one name per region or are we going to be able to reserve more than one name on the same account
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Kaori wrote: »
    For the name reservations is it one name per region or are we going to be able to reserve more than one name on the same account
    @Kaori: It will probably just be one name, same as last time. But in eighty minutes: I can tell you for sure.
  • SiIverSiIver
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    What happens if you get into top 100 in mushking royale but already have a founders pack? Will you get two? :d
    GunPowderZerolioPrincessglitter
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    Anrie wrote: »
    Could cosplayers be considered to be apart of the Joddy squad :o?
    @Anrie: Possibly, yeah. The details aren't super clear, and I think that's because it's going to be pretty case-by-case. If a cosplayer has a large-enough following on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, etc, it'll be a lot easier for them to qualify.
    Zerolio wrote: »
    @Zerolio: I'm not sure about the specifics of the Mushking event. If that information isn't written in-game when we log in in two hours, it will be in a blog post hopefully later this week.
    @Fluffernut: That's a website event, similar to the Road Trip from CBT1. There will be rewards to earn during that time. It may also mark the day when the client can be downloaded and installed, but that's speculation.
    I would be extremely doubtful, given that this news was given to a large number of news outlets. That's a pretty significant redaction to make.
    I don't know, but I doubt it. We'll find out in ~2 hours any way.
    Yeah, they did confirm they're adjusting fair fight, and it will be disabled at chaos difficulty.
    It's a reward program for streamers and content creators. It's similar to other game's partner programs, where you're rewarded for sharing the game with your following/fan base. The rewards they specifically named include a badge, chat bubble, shirt, balloon mount, and an emote.
    There's also opportunities for people who are particularly helpful or prominent within the community. This could include house designers, UGC designers; possibly even noteworthy members of the forums and Discord who show exceptional merit.

Thanks so much!
  • DalsiaDalsia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    How do you actually get the client to reserve a name? They said we can reserve names at 12 P.M. ET today, so I was just wondering what I need to do. Also, if there is a client download, do we have to download the entire contents on the game to be able to go to the login screen and reserve our name, or is it just a small client download?
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    edited 7:20AM August 22, 2018
    Dalsia wrote: »
    How do you actually get the client to reserve a name? They said we can reserve names at 12 P.M. ET today, so I was just wondering what I need to do. Also, if there is a client download, do we have to download the entire contents on the game to be able to go to the login screen and reserve our name, or is it just a small client download?

I strongly assume you will have to download the entire game, because there has been a lot of speculation that other features will be available during the royale.

My speculation is that the Mushking royale is meant to be its own separate server where you create a character and enter a different type of game mode. Although, I can't really tell you for sure. This is just how other games have done similar events.

As a founder, I was able to install the game a week or so ago, but if i were you, i'd just install the launcher and keep trying to download it!
    Dalsia
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    SiIver wrote: »
    What happens if you get into top 100 in mushking royale but already have a founders pack? Will you get two? :d

@SiIver: Your second pack is converted into its market value in meret.
    Dalsia wrote: »
    How do you actually get the client to reserve a name?

@Dalsia: You need to download the game from the Nexon launcher. If you already had it installed, there is a small update that was added yesterday for you to download.
    DalsiaZerolio
  • NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 7:21AM August 22, 2018
    Is there an error on the official website or is that a change because it says 10:00am PDT/1:00 pm EST instead of 9:00am PDT/12:00 pm EST as announced for name reservation...
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    edited 7:48AM August 22, 2018
    Number wrote: »
    Is there an error on the official website or is that a change because it says 10:00am PDT/1:00 pm EST instead of 9:00am PDT/12:00 pm EST as announced for name reservation...

The original name reserve that took place a week or so ago was at 10am PDT

Todays name reserve starts at 9am PDT or 11 Minutes
  • NumberNumber
    Number wrote: »

The original name reserve that took place a week or so ago was at 10am PDT

Todays name reserve starts at 9am PDT or 11 Minutes
    Wasnt paying attention to the date..... D:

• FluffernutFluffernut
    @number

Discord just announced this update :

"We are extending the maintenance for an additional 30 minutes as we make sure everything is ready in Mushtopia. Thank you for your patience, we currently expect to complete by 9:30 AM PDT."
  • NumberNumber
    edited 8:07AM August 22, 2018
    @number

Discord just announced this update :

"We are extending the maintenance for an additional 30 minutes as we make sure everything is ready in Mushtopia. Thank you for your patience, we currently expect to complete by 9:30 AM PDT."

Good, because the launcher say 12.1 GB and this toaster going to take sometime to warm up.

• FluffernutFluffernut
  • Hero_Hero_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    For people not in the CBT can they reserve their names? How exactly does the name reservation works, ingame or in the website?

Excuse the ignorance, I'm completely new.
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
    edited 8:44AM August 22, 2018
    Runeblader is not available :(
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
    Administrator
    edited 10:33AM August 22, 2018
    Hey Maplers. Be on the lookout for a Producer Blog soon which will discuss the content revealed at the Premiere Event and recap the activities. :-)
    SubglaciousDrYoshiyahu