Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

9 Days Headstart for Founders

SenichiroSenichiro
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,645
edited 10:38PM August 21, 2018 in General Chat
Hey Guys i really want to buy a Founderpack but want to play with friends that cant afford it. Do i really need to wait 9 days to wait to play with my friends? For me 9 days is to much for a Headstart. 2 - 3 Days would have been better.
Tsene

Comments

• ZelosoroZelosoro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    It's up to you tbh. You paid for it, you don't have to take it. What I would do for your friends though is a guide, or like plan stuff for them or explore. Get them ready haha. Other than that take it easy, it's just a game after all :P
    Consolable
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Since the game benefits having mule characters for dungeons, you can always make mules and do your main when your friends get on.
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,255
    start a petition for them to shorten the headstart LOL

jk(kinda) cause it's super unlikely that they will listen.
  • NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Or you can also just start 3 day b4 Launch

Or maybe just casually play the game until your friend start

Or alts are option one for yourself and one play with your friend
  • ultrakatizultrakatiz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,155
    A long head start poses problems in this game because of the non-farmable content.
    No matter how long people farm, life skills and dungeons have a limit per day, so people with a head start will actually keep it for a long time with no possibility for others to catch up, until they reach max level on everything.
    I heard the time taken to reach max level is ridiculously short though, and if life skills don't take too much time to level up, the gap should smooth out after a month.

There might be some other factors I didn't take into account though.
    Nyurahankiepix
  • SenichiroSenichiro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,645
    edited 6:03AM August 22, 2018
    well i just think about to not buy one :/ and wait with my friends if it wents good i stay at the game if the 9 days breaking the game for f2p people ill leave i will see
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    ultrakatiz wrote: »
    A long head start poses problems in this game because of the non-farmable content.
    No matter how long people farm, life skills and dungeons have a limit per day, so people with a head start will actually keep it for a long time with no possibility for others to catch up, until they reach max level on everything.
    I heard the time taken to reach max level is ridiculously short though, and if life skills don't take too much time to level up, the gap should smooth out after a month.

There might be some other factors I didn't take into account though.

Character level takes half a day, so that will smooth out after one day. Since it was partially confirmed that headstart caps characters at level 50, and 1-50 takes that long. As for Life Skills, it actually takes at least a month to get to max level. I did it every day during CBT2 and by the end of two weeks I was about halfway there, and that's assuming a level cap of 15 (on KMS it's 17 I think), plus the later levels would be assumed to take even longer.
    Take into account though that Life Skills and most other stuff that takes time (such as Fishing, Housing Assistants, etc.) are practically useless in terms of progression because everything is shadowed by dungeons.
    ultrakatiz
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    @ultrakatiz By the way what I said about character level was not entirely correct - since headstart players can technically get multiple characters to level 50 (up to the maximum amount of character slots allowed), the real time to smooth things out could be more than a week, if you count the sum of all their characters' progression.
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    edited 10:19AM August 22, 2018
    With this head start if anyone even remotely cares about keeping up with the top players they are going to need to spend at least 25$. By the time the game start people should have enough gear to attempt chaos raid.

Just reaching the max daily cap with premium loot bonus alone will give you a permanent advantage over f2p players where they won't catch up until you're at the highest gear possible. Even then by the time those people catch up we should be getting new chaos raid or better equipment so the cycle continues.

If you want to participate in pvp or just the mini games where there's pvp. Being behind this 10 days will mean you won't be able to kill early access players even if they only use auto attacks on you.

If you don't care about PvP some life skills are capped daily/week(dont remember which). Once you're over level 50 Prestigious level exp is capped everyday.

--

I'm someone with founders and I played in the close beta 1/2 I understand how big of an advantage this is. I know there's a lot of people on the forum preaching about how it won't effect them but it should effect them almost systematically across everything that they want to do.

If you have a friend that don't want to buy founder pack you should still play the game and make an alt later because you will be missing out on too much if you don't.