Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Release Date, Name Reservations, Runeblader, etc.

Answers

• NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Cookiesyay wrote: »
    Mushking Royale Pre-season starting Tomorrow, August 22nd (8/22.)
    ALL players can register their names when Mushking Pre-season begins.

About this part register their names for mushking or to have names for the official game?

Im pretty sure for the official game. Its classic Nexon with the bad wording.
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,255
    I appreciate this info, although I'm really mad that the game devs or cuddles havent made an official announcement here yet
    >:(!

It's been a few hours since the premier, and I'd love for our questions to be answered BEFORE tomorrows release..
    DanDK
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    @Fluffernut, they're probably exhausted from hosting the event and it's already getting late for them.

Plus, there are a ton of discussions they'll need to read through before they can formulate a response.
  • FluffernutFluffernut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,255
    Srslyrly wrote: »
    @Fluffernut, they're probably exhausted from hosting the event and it's already getting late for them.

Plus, there are a ton of discussions they'll need to read through before they can formulate a response.

That's true. Tomorrows 9AM launch is pretty early! I hope we can get some info though.
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,680
    edited 8:58PM August 21, 2018
    Flearas wrote: »
    Lumistones are gone.
    Fashion gems are gone.

Literally the best news for me, and really the only thing I wanted to know before game release. As for meret revives, it didn't really matter to me if it stayed, but it's whatever.
    Zelosoro
  • ZelosoroZelosoro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    Lumistones are gone.
    Fashion gems are gone.

Literally the best news for me, and really the only thing I wanted to know before game release. As for meret revives, it didn't really matter to me if it stayed, but it's whatever.

I'm glad that all 3 is gone. Now it will make people want to have Priests and Knights in their parties or anyone that would make them less likely to die. It is ridiculous to rely on money to just revive over and over and bypassing the challenge of the boss. People should actually be failing raids and bosses. Not constantly clearing 100% of the time with spam revives.
    mirta000DanDKAkuma524Alzack
  • ChillBearChillBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,695
    I'm actually happy with the removal of meret revives and lumistones. Not everything I'd like was removed (dungeon limit, fair fight) but I'm sure with more pressure maybe they'll give in.

Overall I'd say I'm quite happy with the direction they're going, at least from what it appears on the surface.
    mirta000EnrheidayukheiiAkuma524
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    I am very happy about the removal of paid revives.
    I'm puzzled about the no PvP gear.
    Headstart being whole 10 days seems a bit... excessive.
    Love the start date though, as, specifically in my situation, it's when my overtime ends and I actually have time to play again lol
  • WifuPilloWifuPillo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    lol that 9 day head start is nuts. i was expecting a 3 day head start like all the other asian mmos with a founders pack.
    But it looks like nexon is trying to make people buy the founders pack.
    NyurayukheiiAkuma524
  • WifuPilloWifuPillo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    is the lvl cap 50 or 60? i have seen people say its 60 and then others say its 50 so what is it?
    Zelosoro
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
    WifuPillo wrote: »
    is the lvl cap 50 or 60? i have seen people say its 60 and then others say its 50 so what is it?

It's 60.
  • StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685
    edited 11:57PM August 21, 2018
    Everyone are focused on the date of head start and I'm not surprised - everyone wants to play MS2. But at the same time I would like to ask, have Nexon adressed any of the issues that were mentioned on the forum?

- Unlimited Meret Revives
    - Fair Fight
    - Daily/weekly dungeon limit

Game launch is getting closer and some of us spent quite some time to present complex feedback with actual arguments. And I won't lie - I will be dissapointed if the game launches without a single change in the mentioned areas.
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    Fluffernut wrote: »
    I'd also like to bring up the point that 9 days for founders head start is FAR to long. I can do more than beat the game in that amount of time, and I feel like that's VERY unfair to those who do not have a pack.
    Coldylocks wrote: »
    9 Days? Aaaahahahahahahaha! Who's bright idea was that?! Is it possible that Nexon is trying to scare the f2p's into buying a founders pack? An oh, change their minds and reduce the gap closer to launch? More sales... hmmmm
    Czare wrote: »
    9 day head start lul, rip economy

outta here.

This pretty much.

Not only RIP economy, but also RIP playerbase. It is going to be segregated into cashers vs free players before the game even officially launches. That has to be a new record even for Nexon... Really, who approved a 9day headstart in a game where you're able to reach level 50 within 10h if you rush (Some people were already 50 after 10h in cbt2)? Even if the cap rose to 60, on KMS2, it's just as fast getting to 60 (and even 70), so the issue is the same either way. There's no way other players can ever catch up with a 9day difference, considering how this game's progression is designed... I really hope they change that or make it somehow more fair to all (Or, I hope they at least made leveling longer/slower).
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    From what I've read word of mouth: Meret revives are gone, Fair Fight is being loosened, but dungeon limit stays.
    DanDKyukheii
  • StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685
    Oh, I actually found some post from @Flearas regarding the changes. If they are true than I'm trully happy about Nexon listening to the feedback. But I think we need to wait for official update of website.
    For those who would like to know what was shared at the premiere:
    So, to sum up the premiere...
    Game releases October 10th (10/10)
    Early access for founders starting October 1st (10/1.)
    Level cap of 50 during early access (chaos raids disabled?)
    Mushking Royale Pre-season starting Tomorrow, August 22nd (8/22.)
    ALL players can register their names when Mushking Pre-season begins.
    Lumistones are gone.
    Fashion gems are gone.
    Merit revives are gone.
    PvP gear is gone.
    PvP is being rebalanced differently because PvP gear is "broken" according to the devs.
    Dungeon creation is coming.
    We can write our own storylines and put them in the dungeon.
    Nexon: "We don't want to make this game P2W."
    We can sell houses.
    We will be able to charge people to enter our dungeons.
    More templates.
    Possibility to create our own templates (?)
    "Maple Workshop" (???)
    Marriage might be coming.
    There'll be more in the cash shop than what was shown at the premiere.
    Runeblader on release.
    Soulbinder coming December.
    Fair Fight is being tweaked.
    "Joddy Squad" for content creators: make stuff and get Joddy Squad cosmetics.
    The devs are actually listening.
    and more...
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 7:46AM August 23, 2018 Answer ✓
    Today: a lot of information was released through streamers, content creators, and news sites. Many people on the forums attempted to collate the information into single threads, but, given that they're largely identical, we've merged them and stickied it. Until Nexon releases their own announcement, we'll leave this stickied and try to be active in answering any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to @ me personally with any questions you may have.

The most important information to know right now is the following: You can log in on August 22nd (today) at 9AM PT / 12PM ET to reserve names and play Mushking Royale. The top 200 Mushking Royale players in NA and EU and the top 100 players in SA and OCE will win Founder's Packs.
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
    edited 12:57AM August 22, 2018
    Today: a lot of information was released through streamers, content creators, and news sites. Many people on the forums attempted to collate the information into single threads, but, given that they're largely identical, we've merged them and stickied it. Until Nexon releases their own announcement, we'll leave this stickied and try to be active in answering any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to @ me personally with any questions you may have.

The most important information to know right now is the following: You can log in on August 22nd (today) at 9AM PT / 12PM ET to reserve names, create a Runeblade, and play Mushking Royale. The top 200 Mushking Royale players in NA and EU and the top 100 players in SA and OCE will win Founder's Packs.

@DrYoshiyahu do you know if Founder Packs are redeemed on the first char you play Mushking Royale with? I can see that being a problem.
    DanDK
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 8:32AM August 22, 2018 Answer ✓
    @GunPowder I can confirm that Founders won't get their items until the Head Start.
    GunPowderZelosoroNyuraAlzackVixie
  • AnrieAnrie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Could cosplayers be considered to be apart of the Joddy squad :o?
    DrYoshiyahuyukheii
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    9 days is a way too long headstart. Basically the market ingame will be heavily dominated by founders for quite a while.

Happy to hear launch is this year, though.
    yukheii