Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Would you be okay with getting MS2 earlier IF...

LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
Posts: 361
Member
edited 6:28PM August 21, 2018 in General Chat
...it meant having a copy-paste version of KMS2 with no localization changes other than a translation?

No changes to the game, no unique considerations like rebalancing xp/removing Lumistones. Simply getting kMS2 but with a few dungeons/content locked away till players progress enough to justify unleashing them again?

What if it meant we could have been playing official as early as JULY? Would you prefer to have this instead of waiting till october 1st/10th?

  1. Would you take a 1:1 localization of kMS2 if it meant getting official in July?41 votes
    1. Yes, i'd rather just be playing now.
       34% (14 votes)
    2. No, the changes we got are worth the wait.
       66% (27 votes)

Comments

  • SixaxisSixaxis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,795
    Posts: 207
    Member
    edited 7:32PM August 21, 2018
    No; we're better off waiting until October if it means that the game is more polished. KMS2's population tanked and didn't recover after all those patches for a reason, so it's in our best interests to not want a 1:1 carbon copy of their version.
    DalsiaDanDKAlzack
  • NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 119
    Member
    edited 7:44PM August 21, 2018
    Hmm....says July *Looks at Calendar* Sees August...wait what?
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Posts: 361
    Member
    Number wrote: »
    Hmm....said July *Looks at Calendar* Sees August...wait what?

    yep, most localized games don't take this long going from CBT to OBT/Official if they're simply translated without rebalances. I honestly believe if nexon chose that route it would have released before august.

  • ZelosoroZelosoro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited 9:14PM August 21, 2018
    Hmm, I think that's theoretically implying that all those beta tests, surveys we did, and all the waiting were for nothing. No, I'd rather have it later by now, if they really meant it and keep their words on making the changes like said. We'll see if GMS2 really is different than KMS2. Let's just give them all the time in the world and then judge their work afterward. Once again, they did say they needed time to adjust things and implement "new"/modified things.

    With no doubt, if it was a copy/pasted version of the game it would have been released by now. I would be shockingly surprised it if wasn't.
    ConsolableDalsiaDanDKAlzack
  • NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 119
    Member
    edited 7:58PM August 21, 2018
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    Number wrote: »
    Hmm....said July *Looks at Calendar* Sees August...wait what?

    yep, most localized games don't take this long going from CBT to OBT/Official if they're simply translated without rebalances. I honestly believe if nexon chose that route it would have released before august.

    Nvm
  • DinnerDinner
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,415
    Posts: 64
    Member
    I'm glad the majority enjoys the changes made from kms, can you guys point then out to me?
    DanDK
  • ConsolableConsolable
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Posts: 51
    Member
    We've already waited years for MS2, so I don't mind waiting just another month and a half if it means the team is implementing the feedback they got from the community, and testing out new changes and code.
    DanDK