CM Kyrios explains the team's plans moving forward!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45796/

Did you get the name you wanted?

Comments

  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    Roxanne wrote: »
    I am not laughing at your issues. I laughed because I can see the reason behind your holier-than-thou attitude.

    I really don't see how it's "holier-than-thou". It's not like I think I am better than you or anyone else. I expect people to call out things I do wrong, just as I would. It's about honesty. Also, most of my post isn't even me claiming there is something morally wrong with taking names on all servers. The most I have said is that it's selfish and inconsiderate (which really isn't any more than others have said, nor was I the first to say it). Most of my post is arguing against points being made.

    If people didn't respond to me arguing their points, I likely wouldn't respond back arguing mine. Just know if you try to argue your point, I am allowed to argue mine.

    Also, you posted a meme gif laughing after quoting me about the abuse I have gone through, and the social issues I have faced. How on earth are you expecting me to take that? XD I could understand you quoting me if it was something I posted here on this site, but to quote me from somewhere else, and to try and use that against me in a public forum is not nice. Disagree with me by arguing against what I say, not by making ad hominem attacks on my character. If you don't like what I have to say, put me in my place by doing it the right way. You only make yourself look bad by doing what you just did. Not only that, but you risk getting into serious trouble here, which I am sure you don't want.
    NyuraXephuClintJrSSBMKaiHangwy
  • RoxanneRoxanne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Roxanne wrote: »
    I am not laughing at your issues. I laughed because I can see the reason behind your holier-than-thou attitude.

    I really don't see how it's "holier-than-thou". It's not like I think I am better than you or anyone else. I expect people to call out things I do wrong, just as I would. It's about honesty. Also, most of my post isn't even me claiming there is something morally wrong with taking names on all servers. The most I have said is that it's selfish and inconsiderate (which really isn't any more than others have said, nor was I the first to say it). Most of my post is arguing against points being made.

    If people didn't respond to me arguing their points, I likely wouldn't respond back arguing mine. Just know if you try to argue your point, I am allowed to argue mine.

    Also, you posted a meme gif laughing after quoting me about the abuse I have gone through, and the social issues I have faced. How on earth are you expecting me to take that? XD I could understand you quoting me if it was something I posted here on this site, but to quote me from somewhere else, and to try and use that against me in a public forum is not nice. Disagree with me by arguing against what I say, not by making ad hominem attacks on my character. If you don't like what I have to say, put me in my place by doing it the right way. You only make yourself look bad by doing what you just did. Not only that, but you risk getting into serious trouble here, which I am sure you don't want.

    " I really don't see how it's "holier-than-thou". It's not like I think I am better than you or anyone else. "

    Your posts says otherwise.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    Roxanne wrote: »
    Your posts says otherwise.
    Explain?
  • ConsciousConscious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Posts: 77
    Member
    the name i used for cbt2 isn't really a name that people would generally think of so im hoping that no one who remembers it takes it rip
  • RoxanneRoxanne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Roxanne wrote: »
    Your posts says otherwise.
    Explain?

    The problem with you is that you don't respect the fact that everyone has different values. You were so fixated in proving everyone wrong and invalidated their opinion and(or) reasoning every. single. time.

    Sure, you had people agreeing with you but I could also say the same.

  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    Roxanne wrote: »
    Roxanne wrote: »
    Your posts says otherwise.
    Explain?

    The problem with you is that you don't respect the fact that everyone has different values. You were so fixated in proving everyone wrong and invalidated their opinion and(or) reasoning every. single. time.

    Sure, you had people agreeing with you but I could also say the same.

    Well, I mean, it's a discussion. I respect the fact people have different values, but I do think there is a point where there is a more common consensus among people. Being considerate is something people would commonly put up there, even though I would argue most people are actually not that considerate. As I am sure most people totally ignored what was asked of them and don't care.

    BTW, do you disagree that it is inconsiderate to have taken a name you may not use? Cause, looking it up in the dictionary, it literally fits the definition from what I can tell. And selfishness is just a person who is inconsiderate. So, I don't know. It's not really based on my values that I argue this, it's based on just the definitions and common consensus. But then, that is what I base my values on.

    Also, as I said, if you reply to me, I will reply back with my own opinion. Am I not allowed to offer up my opinion just because I disagree? Exactly when should I no longer respond? When is it too much? I really don't know these things. To me, I am not doing anything wrong by giving my opinion even if you happen to dislike it.
    RikkuleNyuraXephuSSBMKaiKhrisisHangwy
  • RikkuleRikkule
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 855
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Roxanne wrote: »
    [some personal information about MarchinBunny]

    8qWMWpS.gif

    I can see why you act the way you do now. :)

    Good day sir ~


    Wow.. how much more disrespectful and ignorant con someone be? How can you read these personal feelings about someone and use it just to undergird your own opinion about a topic which has nothing to do with all that?
    And if that is not enough, a stupid gif to show how much you laugh about other peoples problems was needed as well.
    Well done!
    Being selfish about name-reservation is one little arguable flaw in morality, but THIS is just plain malicious.
    GunPowderNaosmirta000Mapler22222SSBMKaiClintJrKhrisisZelosoro
  • LindelyLindely
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Posts: 258
    Forum Moderator
    edited 3:42AM August 16, 2018
    @Roxanne @MarchinBunny

    I understand you are both very passionate about the topic, but this discussion is spiraling out of control and goes further and further away from the original topic, so I'd prefer if you could stop or take this to a private conversation, because it doesn't belong here at this point.

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You can always express and share your opinion with others, as long as you do it respectfully. But that never means that other people will necessarily hear you out or agree with you on the matter. Please refrain from putting others down for having a different opinion or point or view on some situation.
    Sproutmirta000SarsaparillaLadyKigurumiHangwyAviel27BearSenseiZelosoro
  • LucionLucion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,370
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited 5:26AM August 16, 2018
    Going back on topic,

    Got the name I wanted which was “Luka” on NA East. Cbt2 my name was Lucion so I wanted something that sounded somewhat similiar but simpler. All in all, I found in pretty enjoyable looking at names people got. Especially seeing everyone’s super ugly random generated characters along with everyone being a Knight.

    Glad majority got the names they wanted. :)
  • KatsKats
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,585
    Posts: 223
    Member
    I got Kats, CBT2 name was Kats, forum name is Kats, Discord name is Kats.

    If someone had taken my name in game, there'd be hell.
    mirta000
  • SproutSprout
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Posts: 51
    Member
    Lindely wrote: »
    @Roxanne @MarchinBunny

    I understand you are both very passionate about the topic, but this discussion is spiraling out of control and goes further and further away from the original topic, so I'd prefer if you could stop or take this to a private conversation, because it doesn't belong here at this point.

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You can always express and share your opinion with others, as long as you do it respectfully. But that never means that other people will necessarily hear you out or agree with you on the matter. Please refrain from putting others down for having a different opinion or point or view on some situation.

    Thank god.
    mirta000
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,080
    Posts: 270
    Member
    I lost a name I really wanted, but overall I am happy with what I got. Whoever took the name Patchouli...well...you better use that name. Because I really wanted it...and I have this whole blah blah story of what it means to me but...just please...take good care of the name, ok?
  • SproutSprout
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Posts: 51
    Member
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I lost a name I really wanted, but overall I am happy with what I got. Whoever took the name Patchouli...well...you better use that name. Because I really wanted it...and I have this whole blah blah story of what it means to me but...just please...take good care of the name, ok?

    I imagine all the Touhou names were gone rather quickly, lol.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,080
    Posts: 270
    Member
    Sprout wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I lost a name I really wanted, but overall I am happy with what I got. Whoever took the name Patchouli...well...you better use that name. Because I really wanted it...and I have this whole blah blah story of what it means to me but...just please...take good care of the name, ok?

    I imagine all the Touhou names were gone rather quickly, lol.

    Patchouli is a flower? I still dunno what this Touhou is.
  • SproutSprout
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Posts: 51
    Member
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I lost a name I really wanted, but overall I am happy with what I got. Whoever took the name Patchouli...well...you better use that name. Because I really wanted it...and I have this whole blah blah story of what it means to me but...just please...take good care of the name, ok?

    I imagine all the Touhou names were gone rather quickly, lol.

    Patchouli is a flower? I still dunno what this Touhou is.

    https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Patchouli_Knowledge

    It's a long running series of bullet-hell games with anime girls. (Also Patchouli is a lovely flower, indeed)
  • KatsKats
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,585
    Posts: 223
    Member
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I lost a name I really wanted, but overall I am happy with what I got. Whoever took the name Patchouli...well...you better use that name. Because I really wanted it...and I have this whole blah blah story of what it means to me but...just please...take good care of the name, ok?

    I imagine all the Touhou names were gone rather quickly, lol.

    Patchouli is a flower? I still dunno what this Touhou is.

    Touhou is a series of bullet hell/shmup/2D Fighter games.

    Patchouli, or Patchouli Knowledge being a character in it. :p
    Sprout
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,080
    Posts: 270
    Member
    Sprout wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I lost a name I really wanted, but overall I am happy with what I got. Whoever took the name Patchouli...well...you better use that name. Because I really wanted it...and I have this whole blah blah story of what it means to me but...just please...take good care of the name, ok?

    I imagine all the Touhou names were gone rather quickly, lol.

    Patchouli is a flower? I still dunno what this Touhou is.

    https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Patchouli_Knowledge

    It's a long running series of bullet-hell games with anime girls. (Also Patchouli is a lovely flower, indeed)

    Curse you Anime! Taking away a special name of mine...T^T I just wanna find out who took it...and hope they take good care of that name. Cuz again -insert ramble about why the name is important to me-
    Sprout
  • LucionLucion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,370
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited 8:05AM August 16, 2018
    @Petalmagic
    Try messenging them/mailing them when the game launches. Say something like “I like your name. :)” work undercover keeekke.
    PetalmagicSprout
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,080
    Posts: 270
    Member
    Lucion wrote: »
    @Petalmagic
    Try messenging them/mailing them when the game launches. Say something like “I like your name. :)” work undercover keeekke.

    I just hope they aren't one of those name snipers that plans to sell it on the black market or just leave it to collect dust...that would make me sad.
    DanDK
  • AussieGGAussieGG
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Posts: 3
    Member
    I got 'Aussie' on NA E and W, although I did it like 3 hours after the name reservation because I completely forgot about it. Probably all playing on OCE, after all!