Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Why did you choose to play priest?

Comments

• AexyAexy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Looong time ago i used to play stuff liek assassins etc bcause young-me of course wanted to have thE HIGHEST DPS POSSIBLE!!!
    But during this time i always felt so happy when some random guy buffed/healed me and i appreciated it that much that i switched to support classes.
    Playing them until this day since i learned to love them :)
    NaosOneConfusedMilletian
  • TalemireTalemire
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    To make the DPS classes complain that we need to be nerfed lol.
  • DragoultimaDragoultima
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    I'm leaning towards Priest this time because I feel like I've fallen for the "Lemme kill things!" route too often. My class ends up being overcrowded, outshined and ultimately at many times plain not necessary. I would like to play an essential class for once. That said, there is a lot of party responsibility that comes with this. I hope the community isn't too rude to a beginner support like me.
    Naos
  • KaNoYoKaNoYo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
    I've always projected my rl self into games (unconsciously) so a support class made sense. I enjoy helping and supporting people in rl and in game.
    Hope this makes sense :)
    Naosscholar624
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    Why did you choose to play priest?

Because I want to experience the feeling of being wanted. :'(
    SyrusMarufujiLiquorOneConfusedMilletian
  • DizzyuserDizzyuser
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    The main reason I play the class is cause I used to get kinda mad at bad healers in most mmos I would play, instead of just getting mad at them I decided to become a healer and fix the problem that I had instead of just complaining
  • cygnusituscygnusitus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 5:52PM August 21, 2018
    So I can make a character named "Heaven", which fortunately I was able to snag for main release.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • VoiaVoia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,920
    I will pick priest as 2nd char for extra raid :3
  • EarthquakeEarthquake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,055
    I always sucked at playing a DPS role and I'm mediocre at dodging attacks. I like being able to contribute to a fight so Priest covers those areas. I get to tank damage with healing while helping others at the same time.
  • PrincessDokaPrincessDoka
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    Everything about priest is soooo cute!!!!! I love the movement skill and being a support to other players! >//< <3
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • CinnyCinny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    I love the protector role in games. I used to be DPS orientated, but over time became curious of what a healer was like. I now main healer (Astrologian) in FFXIV, and love it to bits. I shall be following the healer path from now on.

Plus, it's great letting an irritable person die from time to time.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • JuniperBearsJuniperBears
    I haven't played a healing class since when Guild Wars first came out and even then my main was a warrior/necro. ^^' But I decided that I would like to try the Priest in MS2 so that I can be my bf's pocket healer. Being a primarily DPS player I never really understood how or why healers always got picked up for parties, but I guess it makes sense when there are fewer of them in general and they give "heals plz". Honestly I'm pretty excited to try to main (somewhat main) a full support. It'll be practice for when Ragnarok Mobile goes global in a few months (again, will be his pocket healer because he's never played RO).
  • GailrinGailrin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,445
    edited 5:14AM October 1, 2018
    I love being able to better monitor whats going on during combat. For me personally, I'm often less tunnel visioned on damage when playing healers. I'm glancing around at health bars, other players, their locations, whether the damage they're taking is avoidable or unavoidable; I'm bracing for timers and abilities incoming anticipating incoming damage to heal.
    scholar624OneConfusedMilletian
  • Bearded_BaldyBearded_Baldy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 480
    I was a cleric in Maple 1 back in the day, waaaaay back in the day. It was fun to bounce around while everyone was fighting to heal'em so they could keep fighting and not worry about dying. I've always enjoyed supporter classes because even the biggest, baddest knight is going to need someone to have their back and keep them alive. Really excited to explore the priest class and see how it works in Maple 2. I know a lot of other people are going to main a priest, but I hope whichever channel/server I end up in, I gain some renown and not just another (insert name of) priest for a party quest or boss run.

Amen to this. Was a whitemage on FFXI for like 9 years, and coming out with clutch heals to beat a raid and such end game is a good feeling.
    scholar624OneConfusedMilletian
  • AlaskanDruidAlaskanDruid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    I absolutely LOVE healing in MMOs. And... this is the only healing class in this game :( I truly hope they release more healing classes.
  • KuwataKuwata
    For me, I wanted my character to kind of be an idealized version of myself. I thought about which class I would most realistically be. I feel I would most likely be a healer due to how much I care about and devote myself to the well-being of others. So Priest it was!
  • ActrexActrex
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Even though i started as a Berserker i ended up rolling a priest. I have gravitated towards healing classes in a lot of MMO's as they are always required and i like to see content. Dps are a dime a dozen. Plus if i do a good job everyone lives and we all get to do end game content. I usually end up having a dps alt in the end lol.
  • SpamuraiSenseiSpamuraiSensei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    Instant queues, and it's the most active class in the game. It really opens your eyes to the people who can't dodge and avoid damage on your team.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • FoxheartFoxheart
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Not only did the gameplay interest me, but her VA makes her sound like a sweet girl who genuinely just wants to heal her friends and save Maple World. Knights and archers felt stale to me, like stereotypical hero types, but a priest running off into battle out of a sheer desire to bring Maple World into the light always seemed like true heroism, you know? I probably don't make any sense right now lol, but you get the jist. When blasting through story mode, I feel a real connection to her. She feels like a true hero, AND she's super helpful and manages to heal her friends while kicking ass. The tiny pig is a bonus, too

Who knows, I might play a knight or something on the side. I already have an alt that's a beserker just for the contrast, and even then her tutorial story already has me falling in love. But before I even downloaded MS2 I knew I wanted to be a priest. I'm happy to say I don't regret it!
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • LukAraujoLukAraujo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Because I want fast queues, xd.