CM Kyrios explains the team's plans moving forward!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45796/
Closed

Please help me to play. I'm from Philippines

AmartiZAmartiZ
MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
edited 8:17PM August 14, 2018 in General Chat
Hello guys, I just want to play this game soooo bad. So please help me on what things that I need to do. :(

Comments

• catkincatkin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,150
    edited 9:09PM August 14, 2018
    Unfortunately the Philippines is not a supported region for MS2. You can find the list of accepted countries here and I'm pretty sure that anywhere not listed will be locked out of the game. You'd need a VPN to play, however I don't know if using one goes against the ToS.
    AmartiZ
  • AmartiZAmartiZ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    catkin wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Philippines is not a supported region for MS2. You can find the list of accepted countries here and I'm pretty sure that anywhere not listed will be locked out of the game. You'd need a VPN to play, however I don't know if using one goes against the ToS.

Thanks for your reply @catkin actually that was my plan, to use a VPN... But don't know what server or region to choose.
    If for example, I choose Canada as my country. What server will I choose?

North America West
    North America East
    Europe
    Oceania
    South America
  • catkincatkin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,150
    AmartiZ wrote: »
    catkin wrote: »

Thanks for your reply @catkin actually that was my plan, to use a VPN... But don't know what server or region to choose.
    If for example, I choose Canada as my country. What server will I choose?

North America West
    North America East
    Europe
    Oceania
    South America

The servers themselves aren't region locked, you should just choose whichever has the lowest ping! I'm not sure which one that would be, so I'd recommend just testing them all out when the game launches.

AmartiZ
  • CzareCzare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,700
    edited 1:14AM August 15, 2018
    AmartiZ wrote: »
    What server will I choose?
    Join OCE with your Vpn, its geographically the closest to you, so you will get the best ping, NA west if you want to mingle with more people and sacrifice latency, avoid the rest because it will destroy your experience.

also, thread might get locked because "VPN's bad, pls no talk about dem"

lul

AmartiZ
  • LindelyLindely
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Forum Moderator
    edited 3:32AM August 15, 2018
    Indeed, using a VPN to avoid a region block is against the Terms of Service.
    It is unfortunate that your regions is not supported, but please refrain from discussing this in the future, or resorting to such solution.
    AmartiZSarsaparilla
This discussion has been closed.