Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974
Closed

DEAR NEXON if you can't fix the updater in time...

CookiesyayCookiesyay
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
edited 7:06AM August 14, 2018 in General Chat
Do not open the game up for name reserves move it to another time today....

If you don't fix this problem and open game up anyways i'm sure you can expect more then a few refunds
FutahHyphox

Comments

• MitsukoMakiMitsukoMaki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    edited 7:14AM August 14, 2018
    dear nexon, please give us all thousands of merits as compensation for this intolerable sht

and also give us a real male assassin icon on forums
    BearSensei
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    dear nexon, please give us all thousands of merits as compensation for this intolerable sht

and also give us a male assassin icon on forums

um.. this doesn't have anything to do with the OP post... also there are male and female versions of every class. The male assassin icon is literally the 2nd icon (going from left -> right in the first row).
  • BearSenseiBearSensei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,240
    edited 7:42AM August 14, 2018

and also give us a real male assassin icon on forums

lmao i also Want more Pink Bean icons! #JusticeForPinky!!! xD
  • FutahFutah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Yes, please push the date back, this is not fair to anyone...
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275

First update is in: Nexon is finally looking at the issue!
  • FolkloreFolklore
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    Definitely looking into getting a refund because this is an incentive that is super important to me.
    This absolutely sucks.
  • SnufleupagusSnufleupagus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
    "This product cannot be installed."
  • mirta000mirta000

name reservations will go up sometime "today". Whatever "today" may be :D
  • NaosNaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    Issues are typical for an MMO launch. If people are skittish and want a refund already then you might want to look at a genre outside of MMOs.
  • EnrheidaEnrheida
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Naos wrote: »
    Issues are typical for an MMO launch. If people are skittish and want a refund already then you might want to look at a genre outside of MMOs.

This isn't the launch of the game, it's an event that was planned well in advance for users who have PAID MONEY BEFORE THE RELEASE OF THE GAME to reserve an ingame name. This is important to some people and can definitely be attributed to some of the sales of founder's packs. If you care about this mmo why would you not hold the developer to a higher standard? This WILL cost them money and sets a bad precedent for future customers. If you're promised the chance to reserve a name for the cost of at least $25 USD ON A SPECIFIC TIME and they turn around one hour beforehand and tell you "woops, sorry, can't do that now" why is it not okay to look for a refund?
    Anthuny
  • mirta000mirta000
  • NaosNaos
    Enrheida wrote: »

This isn't the launch of the game, it's an event that was planned well in advance for users who have PAID MONEY BEFORE THE RELEASE OF THE GAME to reserve an ingame name. This is important to some people and can definitely be attributed to some of the sales of founder's packs. If you care about this mmo why would you not hold the developer to a higher standard? This WILL cost them money and sets a bad precedent for future customers. If you're promised the chance to reserve a name for the cost of at least $25 USD ON A SPECIFIC TIME and they turn around one hour beforehand and tell you "woops, sorry, can't do that now" why is it not okay to look for a refund?

And?

Issues are not uncommon in an MMO launch. In fact, I can't remember one I've ever been a part of that went 100% perfect.

You will get your name reservation. Settle down, have some decaf.

Is this your first MMO launch?
  • NaosNaos
    edited 9:59AM August 14, 2018
    [UPDATE] We have resolved the technical issues, and we will begin Name Reservations at the following times:

(11:45 AM PDT/ 2:45 PM EDT/ 8:45 PM CEST/ 4:45 AM AEST [AUG 15])
    Details >> http://ow.ly/mhxM30lp52Q
  • AnthunyAnthuny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 790

You know what's really disrespectful? Responding to someone without actually taking the time to read what they said. This isn't an MMO launch. The name reservations that people have paid money for were said to be at a specific time.

J2aSvBM.png
  • 3FeetOfFun3FeetOfFun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,680
    edited 10:39AM August 14, 2018
    wtf... Are you guys 12?

The product didn't guarantee a time. Now go to your room young man.
  • NaosNaos
    Anthuny wrote: »

You know what's really disrespectful? Responding to someone without actually taking the time to read what they said. This isn't an MMO launch. The name reservations that people have paid money for were said to be at a specific time.

J2aSvBM.png

The entire process is part of the launch...

I cannot be the only one on these boards to have gone through this at least 50 times now with other MMO release schedules.

Chill, they took care of it.

Decaf folks....
  • YuleeYulee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    You know what the problem is? You don't think about the Aussies that stayed up at 3am and called in late for work in order to make this ungodly hour. I paid out of pocket over $35 to get a chance to reserve a name and only got on now because guess what, in order to not be a zombie at work today i had to go to sleep for the remaining 3hrs or so i had left (for the record it's 7:37am).

Completely missed the start of it, lost the 20+ names on the list i wanted in OCEANIA (like come on it's not even going to be super populated). I did guess that nexon would royally screw me over like they have done to the community for a DECADE CONTINUOUSLY but i had hoped not. Guess i love to be proven wrong. Yeah i paid them for screwing up my night and more importantly this mojo sucks for the launch of a game. Have i been there for other MMO launches, hell i played WOW during its infancy, but even then we were constantly in the loop, updates were a dime a dozen, they patched things when they could overnight (which is in the afternoon for me).

Here at Nexon? Masters of keeping silent, Masters of screwing up, Masters of having 2 closed Beta tests yet testing none of the features of launch (classic who had the brains to do that), Masters of screwing up at the last second, Masters of unfairness (3am, you knew one of your timezones was at 3am. You could have totally pushed the times back 5-6hrs to be fair to everyone, give people time to prepare for a late night or early morning for a secondary round of release (sounds weird ik) but nope, you rebooted the download server which took 30mins, you took 15mins to announce and released it at 4:45 am.

Come on. It's 2018 you have to do better than that. The game's been out in South Korea for ages, it's matured several patches. This pre release of names is like the only thing you actually needed to code for and that's the one thing you didn't test and the one thing you screwed up (for now). COME ON MATES BLOODY HELL.
This discussion has been closed.