Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Unable to update game? Please answer ASAP!

Comments

• AlcyonariaAlcyonaria
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,820
    Also getting this issue.
  • HodoritoHodorito
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Same issue here, i read that i shouldn't be uninstalling/reinstalling... is this correct?
  • La3elleLa3elle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    La3elle wrote: »
    Actually, from my experiences in video games. This is not an issue. It's them keeping us from getting online before the name saving begins. There isn't a reason to panic over it. It's kind of like crowd control, nothing too big. Name saving isn't for another 3 hours ish anyway. Of course they won't let update. I'd say the closer to the time we can grab names is when you can update it.

My first guess was this but I just wanted to make sure my client wasn't having any issues because I'd hate for it not to work when name reservations start. Though judging from the previous comments if people try to reinstall the game it won't let them so I hope that gets looked at/fixed asap since the name reservations start in 3 and half hours and the game takes awhile to download.

I wouldn't know how long the download takes, since it only took me about 6 minutes to download the game. Like I stated above, a lot can happen from now to then. So there isn't really a reason to panic. Remember the people conducting everything for this game, are still human beings who have struggles and mess up. Just play something and check back here, once in a while. Or join/create a discord about eh server status of the game.

I'm just double checking to see if things are working as intended or not. For those that client isn't working/downloading I think their concerns are valid because the game itself does take a little bit to download and name reservations start soon. I'm not blaming anyone but I know MS2 can take awhile to update us on stuff so I'm trying to get this information before 1 pm. Even if things are working as intended I do hope they let those who clients are not downloading to know so that way they are stuck thinking their client is broken. If not and it is an issue that they're working on they should let them know that too so they at least understand what's going on and wait patiently for it to be fixed. The main cause on panic is silence from the other side about these issues.
    AntiSpinAlcyonaria
  • EsaEsa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I too am currently receiving this error
  • ZonedZoned
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    I'm having the same issue as well
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    We are the founders, we need a word of the CM
  • La3elleLa3elle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    edited 8:08AM August 14, 2018
    Hodorito wrote: »
    Same issue here, i read that i shouldn't be uninstalling/reinstalling... is this correct?

No, others have done that and now it won't let them reinstall it. As @LadyKigurumi said it could be/probably is intended and we will be able to update once the NR go live. Doesn't hurt to check though. ;)
    Hodoritomirta000
  • SusieSusie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,985
    I am also getting this issue, and so are many of my friends who play with me.
  • ReiizmReiizm
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,255
    Had the same error. Tried reinstalling and now I can't even download the game .-.
    TaerkArurauneTamakiSakura
  • AlphaLifterAlphaLifter
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 370
    Please fix asap Nexon, thanks
  • ZueniZueni
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
    edited 7:09AM August 14, 2018
    GMMewlynne wrote: »
    Hi @Lovemeeee @YoshidudeEx @CrustalCrab,
    Thanks for your patience. We are still looking into this issue, however we require further info to further investigate. Could you please submit a ticket to us and provide us the following files? Submit a Ticket here

Please follow this guide and provide us with your DxDiag report: How to create a DxDiag Report
    Please provide us with the log files (.txt/text document files) located in your Nexon Launcher installation folder, commonly located (C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher). Please send us the most recent log files located in this folder.

If anyone else receives this error, please submit a ticket with the above information as well. Thank you!
    This was a message left on another thread with the same problem.
    Let's hope this isn't really a bug : (
    Already submitted my ticket.

EDIT: Woops turned out this was a reply from last month > _ < So still no real response yet from Nexon..
    La3ellemirta000
  • VurpaullyVurpaully
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    I am having the same issue
  • iNiZiNiiNiZiNi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    Wont be able to reserve a name HYPE
    Alcyonaria
  • MistGGMistGG
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    Also having this issue. This appears in the log files:
    2018-08-14 10:54:08,738 - serverapi.main - ERROR - https://api.nexon.io/products/40000
    HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "modules\serverapi\main.py", line 359, in call_api
    File "modules\serverapi\main.py", line 241, in f_retry
    File "modules\serverapi\main.py", line 261, in urlopen_with_retry
    File "C:\Python34\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 161, in urlopen
    File "C:\Python34\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 470, in open
    File "C:\Python34\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 580, in http_response
    File "C:\Python34\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 508, in error
    File "C:\Python34\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 442, in _call_chain
    File "C:\Python34\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 588, in http_error_default
    urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
    2018-08-14 10:54:14,194 - serverapi.main - WARNING - call_api - Http Error error:HTTP Error 403: Forbidden, resp:b'{"error":{"code":"307","type":"Forbidden","message":"You don\'t have permission to access this product."}}'

So it's a Nexon issue and not something we as an end user can fix.
    SusieSproutRekoza
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    Lets all send a ticket togheter
  • IcePhoenixIcePhoenix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 7:05AM August 14, 2018
    I am also having this same issue.

• ZelosoroZelosoro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    edited 7:09AM August 14, 2018
    Zueni wrote: »
    GMMewlynne wrote: »
    Hi @Lovemeeee @YoshidudeEx @CrustalCrab,
    Thanks for your patience. We are still looking into this issue, however we require further info to further investigate. Could you please submit a ticket to us and provide us the following files? Submit a Ticket here

Please follow this guide and provide us with your DxDiag report: How to create a DxDiag Report
    Please provide us with the log files (.txt/text document files) located in your Nexon Launcher installation folder, commonly located (C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher). Please send us the most recent log files located in this folder.

If anyone else receives this error, please submit a ticket with the above information as well. Thank you!
    This was a message left on another thread with the same problem.
    Let's hope this isn't really a bug : (
    Already submitted my ticket.

Wrong. This reply was posted on the 20th of July (July 20th). The current case may give the same error but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is the same issue. This is almost a month old reply. We still haven't gotten any updates on the issue from the moderators or staff.
    ZueniLa3elle
  • SproutSprout
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
  • MitsukoMakiMitsukoMaki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    nexoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
    why u gotta do me and all these innocent folk like thissssssssssss
    thank JESUS I woke up with some patience today for this intolerable sht
  • KallasKallas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    I was having this exact issue, followed the steps and now I can not install the game because it will not let me choose a folder. Not even the default folder.
    If I don't get to choose a name within 5 minutes after 10 am PDT I will get a refund.