May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Unable to update game? Please answer ASAP!

La3elleLa3elle
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
edited 4:34AM August 14, 2018 in Tech Support
Instead of a "Play" button the game is now showing an "Update" one but whenever I go to update it it shows a message saying "This product cannot be installed."

Is this suppose to happen or do I need to fix something?

RFW7TKh.png

RiesachanIsabelaGarlicBreadZeroGravigakyunHodoritoFutahKawaii_Ne

Comments

• RiesachanRiesachan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 895
    Im having the same issue!
    La3elle
  • IsabelaIsabela
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    I have the same problem
    La3elle
  • VillaniVillani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,100
    Same issue here. Would love to have it fixed before Name reservation begins!
    La3elle
  • IsshouIsshou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    edited 5:27AM August 14, 2018
    Ho I have this problem too!

And when you delete the game for install it again, you can't. You can't choose the folder to put the game T_T
    La3elle
  • ComfytimesComfytimes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 435
    Also having this issue. Tried everything from uninstalling the game, the launcher and then also running it all from admin but nothing seems to work. Now after uninstalling it won't let me download the game at all.
    SoulXCloudLa3elleSANETY
  • SoulXCloudSoulXCloud
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,295
    Comfytimes wrote: »
    Also having this issue. Tried everything from uninstalling the game, the launcher and then also running it all from admin but nothing seems to work. Now after uninstalling it won't let me download the game at all.

Yeah same, hope they fix that before actual name reservation
    ComfytimesLa3elleZeroGraviga
  • ZeroGravigaZeroGraviga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    Also having this issue.
  • SANETYSANETY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    I have this issue too, uninstalled and can't redownload it, as 'Game installation location' box remains empty no matter what I do. Help!
    Comfytimes
  • ComfytimesComfytimes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 435
    SANETY wrote: »
    I have this issue too, uninstalled and can't redownload it, as 'Game installation location' box remains empty no matter what I do. Help!

We can't really do much but wait. I filled out a support request an hour ago but haven't had a reply so far. All we can do is hope that the name reserves are either postponed or that the error is fixed soon since the reserves are in around 4 hours aren't they..?
    SANETY
  • ImJagImJag
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    I'm having the exact same issue. I uninstalled the game thinking I could simply download it again but I'm stuck at the first download window where I cannot select a folder to install the game in. HELP!
  • ZeroGravigaZeroGraviga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    Comfytimes wrote: »
    SANETY wrote: »

We can't really do much but wait. I filled out a support request an hour ago but haven't had a reply so far. All we can do is hope that the name reserves are either postponed or that the error is fixed soon since the reserves are in around 4 hours aren't they..?

Yeah I really hope they postpone this because of the issue. 4 hours to fix the problem is a bit worrisome.
    VaingloriousComfytimesImJagMilesthumbsmirta000
  • LadyKigurumiLadyKigurumi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,075
    Actually, from my experiences in video games. This is not an issue. It's them keeping us from getting online before the name saving begins. There isn't a reason to panic over it. It's kind of like crowd control, nothing too big. Name saving isn't for another 3 hours ish anyway. Of course they won't let update. I'd say the closer to the time we can grab names is when you can update it.
    La3elle
  • JoweegaJoweega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Actually, from my experiences in video games. This is not an issue. It's them keeping us from getting online before the name saving begins. There isn't a reason to panic over it. It's kind of like crowd control, nothing too big. Name saving isn't for another 3 hours ish anyway. Of course they won't let update. I'd say the closer to the time we can grab names is when you can update it.

??

No.

They said they would allow the client to be downloaded before name reservation begins so crowd control is not the goal.

This is a serious problem that messes with a lot of peoples' schedules and it needs to be fixed well in advance of the name reserve time.
    Joweega wrote: »

??

No.

They said they would allow the client to be downloaded before name reservation begins so crowd control is not the goal.

This is a serious problem that messes with a lot of peoples' schedules and it needs to be fixed well in advance of the name reserve time.

Okie, but it's still a video game. No reason for people's panties to get in a bunch. They can calm down. The world isn't set on fire, and their lives aren't ending because a of a minor issue.
  • La3elleLa3elle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695

My first guess was this but I just wanted to make sure my client wasn't having any issues because I'd hate for it not to work when name reservations start. Though judging from the previous comments if people try to reinstall the game it won't let them so I hope that gets looked at/fixed asap since the name reservations start in 3 and half hours and the game takes awhile to download.
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    People paid with the expectation of being able to reserve a name though. If that can't happen for some they might want a refund on the founder's pack.
    ZeroGravigaKatheSunMisoAruraunedarkknight00900
    Friagne wrote: »
    People paid with the expectation of being able to reserve a name though. If that can't happen for some they might want a refund on the founder's pack.

Well it's still about an 2 hour and 30 minute wait to even do that. So there is no reason to panic or freak out about it. A lot can happen within that amount of time.
    La3elle wrote: »

My first guess was this but I just wanted to make sure my client wasn't having any issues because I'd hate for it not to work when name reservations start. Though judging from the previous comments if people try to reinstall the game it won't let them so I hope that gets looked at/fixed asap since the name reservations start in 3 and half hours and the game takes awhile to download.

I wouldn't know how long the download takes, since it only took me about 6 minutes to download the game. Like I stated above, a lot can happen from now to then. So there isn't really a reason to panic. Remember the people conducting everything for this game, are still human beings who have struggles and mess up. Just play something and check back here, once in a while. Or join/create a discord about eh server status of the game.
  • AntiSpinAntiSpin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Still no word from nexon this is slightly concerning. I didn't have an update to push until i logged in this morning. Hopefully theres an answer soon or it just updates smoothly as we come to reservation time.
  • kyunkyun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    I just started getting this error right before name reservation... please help ><

Already tried reinstalling nexon launcher, repairing installation, restarting computer, as well as running as administrator.