May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

About the preliminary version of the MapleStory 2

CookiesyayCookiesyay
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
edited 12:12PM August 13, 2018 in General Chat
When can we download it I dont see any info on what time it will be up for download

Comments

• Akuma524Akuma524
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,610
    You can download when name reserve goes up ONLY IF you bought a founder's pack. If so, this will be at 10:00am PST tomorrow.
  • CookiesyayCookiesyay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Akuma524 wrote: »
    You can download when name reserve goes up ONLY IF you bought a founder's pack. If so, this will be at 10:00am PST tomorrow.

Yeah but why would the download come out the same time as the name reserve? If this is true I hope the file isn't big
    DanDK
  • SSBMKaiSSBMKai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    Cookiesyay wrote: »

Yeah but why would the download come out the same time as the name reserve? If this is true I hope the file isn't big

As long as you have the initial game installed beforehand, the preliminary version won't take long to download.
  • FlearasFlearas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,275
    edited 4:04PM August 13, 2018
    We haven't been told any information about when the preliminary download will be distributed or if it's already been given out. Hopefully this will be resolved by the time reservations come or it could mean trouble for the PR.
    DanDK
  • BearSenseiBearSensei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,240
    edited 6:41PM August 13, 2018
    So uh i had a question about this to reserve the name 2morrow, This Preliminary version is a re-download of the beta? i forgot to un install the beta and still have the game and was wondering do i really have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it again to get it? it says we can pre-download it now anyways but yea i am just confused
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    The patch for the updated client is available now. Open up your Nexon launcher to update the game before the servers go live tomorrow for name reservations.
    peacheryNaosBearSensei
  • BearSenseiBearSensei
    MarkM wrote: »
    The patch for the updated client is available now. Open up your Nexon launcher to update the game before the servers go live tomorrow for name reservations.

thanks bro i thought my thing was stuck on the "Learn More" option and it just redirected me but that patch helped me out and it went back to play really happy and excited i hope i can get a name i want xD
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    last minute as usual... idk why I even set my hopes for Nexon remotely good on anything half the time
    DanDK
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645

Thanks, you may tell Cuddles next time that it's not hard to provide an estimate or even just clarify that it would be available prior or even just tell if they have no clue.
    GunPowderFantasykitten
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420

@Akuma524 Website says PDT , not PST. It's an hour difference , don't want anyone getting confused.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245

This seems a bit odd. I got an email saying to keep an eye out on the site for when you can download it, but there is no announcement yet saying that you could. Don't you think it would make sense to mention this on the main site? Or even send out another email saying it's now ready?
  • SkengsSkengs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    I don't know if my client is updated, I've logged out and repaired installation, Is everyone else getting "Maplestory 2 is currently in maint, Please try again later."
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Skengs wrote: »
    I don't know if my client is updated, I've logged out and repaired installation, Is everyone else getting "Maplestory 2 is currently in maint, Please try again later."

Pretty sure that means it's already updated. It says that because you can't access the game yet. Says the same for me after I updated if I try to click play.
    Skengs
  • BearSenseiBearSensei

Pretty sure that means it's already updated. It says that because you can't access the game yet. Says the same for me after I updated if I try to click play.

Mines broke again i think, it says "Update" now and when i click it, it tells me the product could not be installed xD
  • HyphoxHyphox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,260
    BearSensei wrote: »

Mines broke again i think, it says "Update" now and when i click it, it tells me the product could not be installed xD

Same here...
  • itzKrisitzKris
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    Hyphox wrote: »
    BearSensei wrote: »

Same here...

Same here...
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    Im getting "Product cannot be installed." as an error.
  • AlzackAlzack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,745
    edited 6:41AM August 14, 2018
    Indeed, the same issue for me at the moment. There was 42.6 MB patch available in the morning and I've downloaded it early without any issues, it seems like there was additional patch in the meantime since "Play" changed into "Update" button and it's showing "This product cannot be installed." error message. Patience is the key as maybe Nexon Launcher will start working correctly soon before opening of name reservation procedure. Uninstalling or any re-installing process of the game would be the last thing I'd recommend now.
    Kind regards!
  • BearSenseiBearSensei
    edited 6:48AM August 14, 2018
    Alzack wrote: »
    Indeed, the same issue for me at the moment. There was 42.6 MB patch available in the morning and I've downloaded it early without any issues, it seems like there was additional patch in the meantime since "Play" changed into "Update" button and it's showing "This product cannot be installed." error message. Patience is the key as maybe Nexon Launcher will start working correctly soon before opening of name reservation procedure. Uninstalling or any re-installing process of the game would be the last thing I'd recommend now.
    Kind regards!

they should definitely release that patch b4 the name reservation comes in to play it won't be really fair for everyone to get names if they have to wait for a patch

P.S: Least i know i dint break it :D
  • KonoSubaKonoSuba
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    That's good to know that this was something they did on purpose instead of thinking I broke the launcher because it's stuck on update now.

I wish they would've told us about this beforehand or gave us some sort PSA ahead of time instead of having to get it through another fellow forum member. RIP the unknowing people who aren't active on the forums and haven't seen this yet or tried to reinstall the game thinking that it was a bug and have to download the entire game again when it's time.