Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974
Closed

Is spending merits to res Pay 2 Win?

WifuPilloWifuPillo
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
edited 11:16PM August 13, 2018 in General Chat
Hey guys i just thought about this after reading post/comments about the game being p2w or it going p2w. And after playing the cbt2 the only real pay 2 win that i could really say that could be considerd p2w would be the option to resurrect with merits. After you have used up your 3 free resurrects you get during the hard dungeons, fire dragon, and balrog. At the time i did not see it as pay 2 win. But thinking about it now i could see why some people may think that it is. Since if someone really wanted to they could just keep spending the merits(aka real money) forever till they killed the boss. To get the gear, to get ahead of the people that cant. But you can also argue that if you get good you would not die and you would not need to spend money to resurrect. What do you guys think about resurrecting with merits? do you think its p2w or its not p2w? let me know.
  1. Pay2Win?6 votes
    1. not p2w
       50% (3 votes)
    2. its p2w
       33% (2 votes)
    3. its a little p2w
       17% (1 vote)

Comments

• SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,595
    There was already a lengthy discussion in a thread that is now locked. [Poll]Meret revive = pay2win?

You can pretty much gather a lot of people's opinions on whether it is or isn't to them from that thread.
    DanDKWifuPilloXtony
  • XtonyXtony
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,005
    Oh no, not again.
    TheChaosLegendDanDK
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    Xtony wrote: »
    Oh no, not again.

My thoughts exactly.
    DanDK
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Since people don't seem to agree what P2W means, I think it'd be more constructive to ask whether this mechanic is desired or not.

Solid no from me. The potential of reviving unlimited times is a factual dumbing down of a game that already offers no challenge in ordinary dungeons and no penalty for dying. It punishes good players because bad players can pay to substitute skill.
    Subglacious
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    DanDK wrote: »
    Since people don't seem to agree what P2W means, I think it'd be more constructive to ask whether this mechanic is desired or not.

Solid no from me. The potential of reviving unlimited times is a factual dumbing down of a game that already offers no challenge in ordinary dungeons and no penalty for dying. It punishes good players because bad players can pay to substitute skill.

It doesn't punish good players. No one has actually offered up an argument showing this is actually the case outside or "perceived" punishment. A player who pays for revives technically has absolutely no advantage over someone who doesn't and who is just good. Again, as I said in the previous thread, this is like complaining about someone using cheats in a singleplayer game.

It's not only P2W that people don't agree with, it's also the arguments being made.
  • CzareCzare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,700
    edited 12:50AM August 14, 2018
    not really p2w but its a way for them to butter people up for the real deal lol
    to me its a bad sign, lucky i held of on those founder packs lel.
  • WifuPilloWifuPillo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    Snuggelina wrote: »
    There was already a lengthy discussion in a thread that is now locked. [Poll]Meret revive = pay2win?

You can pretty much gather a lot of people's opinions on whether it is or isn't to them from that thread.

thanks for the info ill check it out
  • LindelyLindely
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Hey @WifuPillo !

This topic has already been discussed previously on the forums not that long ago in the following thread: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/36229/poll-meret-revive-pay2win/p1

If you'd like to know other people's opinion on the topic, please take a look at the thread mentioned above. As it's stated in Code of Conduct, you shouldn't create new topics about previously closed discussions, and it applies in this situation as well. I will be closing this thread before it spirals into an off-topic discussion once again. Please use the forum search option next time before creating a new topic.
    Xtony
This discussion has been closed.