Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[NOW BACK FOR SALE] Founder's Packs!

Comments

  • SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,535
    Posts: 55
    Member
    NekoLily wrote: »
    Kazu5542 wrote: »
    This might have nothing to do with this topic but... how much merits can I buy with 5,000 NX ? And can merits be used to buy cosmetics or is it another currency to buy cosmetics like Elsword?

    It was stated in the Meret thingie, but 5'000NX are 500 Blue Merets

    Official Source of the info: Founder's FAQ

    Q: What is the NX to Blue Meret ratio for MapleStory 2?
    A: Each Blue Meret is worth 10 NX ($.01 USD). $1 USD will grant 1,000 NX. 1,000 NX will grant 100 Blue Merets.

    To answer your other question: You'll be able to buy Cosmetics (both user created and official) with Merets.
    DanDK
  • TsuyoiOujiTsuyoiOuji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 540
    Posts: 10
    Member
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 28,935
    Posts: 2,110
    Member
    TsuyoiOuji wrote: »
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(

    Most likely at some point before the 14th. So as you just said, wait with buying the pack then.
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 112
    Member
    TsuyoiOuji wrote: »
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(

    My guess is Monday.
    DanDK
  • nobulyBillynobulyBilly
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    With regards to the founder packs, upon official launch, will users be able to choose where to use their founders pack? Many of my friends playing will be using the OCE server and I am in NA West.

    It would be impressive, but unlikely, if the founder pack applies to all servers so I can have two server accounts both with the 9000 meret (since I purchased the legendary pack). I do not see any FAQ regarding region of activation, any help from reps to answer this would be great (many people in the CBT2 guild we had have the masters or legendary pack so it's very important we know what server we choose).
  • NazrinNazrin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,955
    Posts: 275
    Member
    edited 2:52PM August 9, 2018
    @NXACuddles
    Quick question regarding for founder packs.

    Once the founder's pack is purchased is the items included ONLY limited to 1 character per 1 account?
    Meaning once you used the founder's pack items such as the "Prismatic Harmony Unicorn Mount" is it strictly on that one character?
    If NOT then is it trade-able between characters on that account purchased?
    La3elle
  • BunniiBunnii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 920
    Posts: 40
    Member
    DanDK wrote: »
    TsuyoiOuji wrote: »
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(

    Most likely at some point before the 14th. So as you just said, wait with buying the pack then.
    GunPowder wrote: »
    TsuyoiOuji wrote: »
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(

    My guess is Monday.

    Cuddles announced name reservation with begin on the 14th. So Tuesday. :)
    Snuggelina
  • SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,535
    Posts: 55
    Member
    Bunnii wrote: »
    GunPowder wrote: »
    TsuyoiOuji wrote: »
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(

    My guess is Monday.

    Cuddles announced name reservation with begin on the 14th. So Tuesday. :)

    Actually, Gunpowder was taking a guess on what day we'd get more information on how name reservation is going to work.
    GunPowderDanDK
  • BunniiBunnii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 920
    Posts: 40
    Member
    Snuggelina wrote: »
    Bunnii wrote: »
    GunPowder wrote: »
    TsuyoiOuji wrote: »
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(

    My guess is Monday.

    Cuddles announced name reservation with begin on the 14th. So Tuesday. :)

    Actually, Gunpowder was taking a guess on what day we'd get more information on how name reservation is going to work.

    It's still going to start on the 14th though. We just don't know what time of day.
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 112
    Member
    edited 11:44PM August 9, 2018
    Bunnii wrote: »
    Snuggelina wrote: »
    Bunnii wrote: »
    GunPowder wrote: »
    TsuyoiOuji wrote: »
    When are we getting the info about at which time name reservation will be possible?

    I am not buying any pack unless i am sure i will be at home to compete for the nick i want.

    :(

    My guess is Monday.

    Cuddles announced name reservation with begin on the 14th. So Tuesday. :)

    Actually, Gunpowder was taking a guess on what day we'd get more information on how name reservation is going to work.

    It's still going to start on the 14th though. We just don't know what time of day.

    Exactly. We don't know when it'll go live on the 14th or how the whole reservation process is going to work.
    Since it's already Friday, I believe we'll only get additional info after the weekend. So, Monday.
    DanDK
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 28,935
    Posts: 2,110
    Member
    With regards to the founder packs, upon official launch, will users be able to choose where to use their founders pack? Many of my friends playing will be using the OCE server and I am in NA West.

    It would be impressive, but unlikely, if the founder pack applies to all servers so I can have two server accounts both with the 9000 meret (since I purchased the legendary pack). I do not see any FAQ regarding region of activation, any help from reps to answer this would be great (many people in the CBT2 guild we had have the masters or legendary pack so it's very important we know what server we choose).

    I see absolutely no reason why they'd lock your package in any way. Most likely, the first character you create will determine your main region.
    Nazrin wrote: »
    Quick question regarding for founder packs.

    Once the founder's pack is purchased is the items included ONLY limited to 1 character per 1 account?
    Meaning once you used the founder's pack items such as the "Prismatic Harmony Unicorn Mount" is it strictly on that one character?
    If NOT then is it trade-able between characters on that account purchased?

    Logically they must be account bound, or there'd be a huge backlash. It makes no sense to lock exclusive rewards to a single character, especially not in a game that encourages people to have dozens.
    GunPowderSnuggelina
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,340
    Posts: 151
    Member
    Hmm, Nexon mentioned within announcements already that 8 classes will be released upon official launch (source: here). Soul Binder, Striker and Rune Blader are going to appear sooner or later and some Maplers will be eager to treat them as main characters when they become available to play. I'm curious about the method you'd like to distribute all Founder's Packages to people who thought about securing such purchase for later purpose (for classes that won't be present upon launch).

    In-game mailbox doesn't seem to be a good way if any of FP's items is character-bound (which I'm still not aware of as full content of Founder's Daily Wonders hasn't been provided yet and I didn't see any information on that matter). Wouldn't it be better if you sent all packages to Storage Keeper's bank without any time restriction to pick them up?

    We know that items, delivered through in-game mailbox, seem to have a time limit as there's a counter of 29 days. I assume that you have to collect delivery goods within time before the package expires or vanishes for good. Setting another promotional sale of Founder's Packs after full release isn't practiced so it's pretty much a loss for those people who would like to have Founder's status on Soul Binder, Striker or Rune Blader. I think it's something to consider.
    Kind regards!
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 28,935
    Posts: 2,110
    Member
    Alzack wrote: »
    Hmm, Nexon mentioned within announcements already that 8 classes will be released upon official launch (source: here). Soul Binder, Striker and Rune Blader are going to appear sooner or later and some Maplers will be eager to treat them as main characters when they become available to play. I'm curious about the method you'd like to distribute all Founder's Packages to people who thought about securing such purchase for later purpose (for classes that won't be present upon launch).

    In-game mailbox doesn't seem to be a good way if any of FP's items is character-bound (which I'm still not aware of as full content of Founder's Daily Wonders hasn't been provided yet and I didn't see any information on that matter). Wouldn't it be better if you sent all packages to Storage Keeper's bank without any time restriction to pick them up?

    We know that items, delivered through in-game mailbox, seem to have a time limit as there's a counter of 29 days. I assume that you have to collect delivery goods within time before the package expires or vanishes for good. Setting another promotional sale of Founder's Packs after full release isn't practiced so it's pretty much a loss for those people who would like to have Founder's status on Soul Binder, Striker or Rune Blader. I think it's something to consider.
    Kind regards!

    As I mentioned, it'd be absolutely stupid of Nexon not to make every single exclusive reward from the packs account tradeable in the first place, since nobody will stick on one main forever especially not given the simplistic progression rates.

    This automatically takes care of the problem forever as you can unlock everything immediately and freely transfer it around afterwards.
    Even better, just have the items unlock on every single new character on the same account forever. There is absolutely no reason why people should even be forced to move stuff around, let alone risk losing it if they delete a character.
    Snuggelina
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,115
    Posts: 102
    Member
    GunPowder wrote: »
    Exactly. We don't know when it'll go live on the 14th or how the whole reservation process is going to work.
    Since it's already Friday, I believe we'll only get additional info after the weekend. So, Monday.

    My guess is that in 4-6 hours they'll tell us information about the name reservation (if it starts at midnight PDT or at a specific PDT time, with the different timezones mentioned) as I see it's normal to have any info around that time. Or they'll say something on Monday
    Snuggelina
  • SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,535
    Posts: 55
    Member
    NekoLily wrote: »

    My guess is that in 4-6 hours they'll tell us information about the name reservation (if it starts at midnight PDT or at a specific PDT time, with the different timezones mentioned) as I see it's normal to have any info around that time. Or they'll say something on Monday

    Your prediction was accurate. XD

    [News] Reserve your name
    NekoLilyDanDK
  • Danny_Danny_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
  • AlexFromCaliAlexFromCali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
    Posts: 95
    Member
    I downloaded the game and made my character name even though i bought the founders pack. Try to download the game through Nexon launcher first and make a character in your preferred server.
  • KenyKeny
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Posts: 5
    Member
    When will founder’s packs go off sale? I plan to upgrade my pack after winning one via mushroyale.
    Aremi