Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation
MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,050
edited 3:18PM March 25, 2020 in Official News
With extremely heavy hearts, we are deeply saddened to inform you that we will be closing down the Global MapleStory 2 service on May 27th, 2020.
We are forever grateful for your patience and dedication to MapleStory 2 as we tried to rework the game starting with Project New Leaf, but ultimately we’ve decided that we will not be able to provide the type of service that would live up to your expectations. We took a hard look at the current state of the game and its future roadmap, and sadly reached the conclusion that it would be difficult to maintain long-term continuation of the game while remaining true to what made MapleStory 2 your MapleStory 2.
As part of this news, we are disabling the ability to purchase additional Blue Merets and Meso Tokens effective today. We will continue to support MapleStory 2 throughout the next couple months, although this will be our last update. The game will still be available free-to-play via the Nexon Launcher and Steam.
Additionally, we’ll be running several closing community and in-game events to celebrate our last few months together. You can check out the details here.
Please see below for a timeline of the MapleStory 2 service closure, as well as our refund policy.
- March 18, 2020 after maintenance
- Blue Merets and Meso Tokens can no longer be purchased. Any remaining Blue Merets in the inventory can still be used.
- Refunds will be processed for qualifying purchases. Please see details regarding our refund policy below.
- Final in-game and community events will begin.
- May 27, 2020
- Close MapleStory 2 servers.
- Close MapleStory 2 website, forums, and Discord.
- June 26, 2020
- Discontinue Customer Support for MapleStory 2.
- Purchases made via the Nexon Launcher or through our website between December 11, 2019 12:00 AM PST and March 18, 2020 8:00 AM PDT will be refunded the full price in NX.
- Refunds will be made in NX; the same type of NX (Credit or Prepaid) that was used to make the original purchase.
- For any questions, please contact Customer Support.
- [Updated March 25th] We would like to offer Steam players credit in NX Prepaid for Blue Meret or Meso Token purchases between made December 11, 2019 12:00 AM PST and March 18, 2020 8:00 AM PDT if purchases were made with Steam Wallet in-game.
- In order to do this, please contact Nexon's Customer Support team, rather than Steam's Customer Support. Provide us with proof of the purchases (screenshots) you made from your Steam's account history.
- Please note that we will continue to uphold Steam's Refund Policy and refunds will not be granted if it does not fall within their guidelines.
- We cannot refund MapleStory 2 DLC Packs purchased through Steam. Only Blue Meret purchases made within the time window above are eligible for credit in NX.
We are very thankful for the support we’ve had since MapleStory 2 was announced. Our players are some of the most passionate and committed, and we have enjoyed the experience of creating this game with all of you. Thank you to everyone who stayed with us and took the time to share feedback and creativity. You made the overall experience so wonderful.
- The MapleStory 2 Team