Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Profanity

SennelionSennelion
MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
edited 12:36PM February 4, 2020 in Suggestions and Feedback
i would like to point out that your game is an MMO, there will always be swearing and should not be a ban-able offense, unless you don't want people to play the game, online interactions may not be rated, a lesser punishment will be muting a players account temporarily instead of outright banning/suspending them for the way they speak, just my opinion though.

Comments

• CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,010
    Administrator
    Sennelion wrote: »
    i would like to point out that your game is an MMO, there will always be swearing and should not be a ban-able offense, unless you don't want people to play the game, online interactions may not be rated, a lesser punishment will be muting a players account temporarily instead of outright banning/suspending them for the way they speak, just my opinion though.

I understand your grievances, but at the end of the day, profanity is against the terms of service, especially in a game with an ESRB rating of E 10+. Obviously we don't catch all profanity written nor do we proactively monitor for it but when other players see it and report it, we act on it. It is, in fact, a bannable offense for being explicitly profane in-game, and if someone feels the need to express themselves with vulgarity they should keep it in private platforms like Discord.

Taking action for swearing is not exclusive to MapleStory 2.