Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Coming Back to Play. How Active is the Game?

RainbowYarnRainbowYarn
MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
in General Chat
Greetings, people.

I've been having this urge to play Maple again, either 1 or 2, or both.

Wanted to ask what is the current state of this Maple? How active it is, is there a point in coming back? Those types of things.

Thank you.

Comments

• CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,010
    Administrator
    Hi RainbowYarn. Most of our players prefer to use the official Discord or the unofficial Reddit for discussion, especially these kinds of returning player questions.

NA East and NA West are populated. Europe is less than them, and OCE/SA are less than Europe. I would still generally advise that you pick the server closest to your location though for ping-related reasons. Depending on when you stopped playing, you may have missed out on a great deal of changes, both in content and QOL. Why you stopped playing in the first place is also an important factor.
    RainbowYarn
  • RainbowYarnRainbowYarn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    Hi RainbowYarn. Most of our players prefer to use the official Discord or the unofficial Reddit for discussion, especially these kinds of returning player questions.

NA East and NA West are populated. Europe is less than them, and OCE/SA are less than Europe. I would still generally advise that you pick the server closest to your location though for ping-related reasons. Depending on when you stopped playing, you may have missed out on a great deal of changes, both in content and QOL. Why you stopped playing in the first place is also an important factor.

I started when the game launched, but think I wanted to quit maple to focus on uni (or something like that) and/or got bored. Was just thinking of giving the game a second try before deciding on finally putting maple in the past I think. I would like to try the end game content and the awakening skill thingies, though. I'm in Europe, but could do with discord.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,010
    Administrator
    CMKyrios wrote: »

I started when the game launched, but think I wanted to quit maple to focus on uni (or something like that) and/or got bored. Was just thinking of giving the game a second try before deciding on finally putting maple in the past I think. I would like to try the end game content and the awakening skill thingies, though. I'm in Europe, but could do with discord.

The game has changed significantly in that time. You can check out this guide on the forum for some tips on progression now. I'd strongly urge you to find a guild to play with and help mentor you since core progression is tough on your own as a beginner.