Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20
Closed

[WINNERS] Fashionista - Winter Line-up

CMKyriosCMKyrios
MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,010
Administrator
edited 5:21PM January 30, 2020 in Contests and Events
Show off to Maple World your best styles and fashion! Create a winter-appropriate outfit that'll dazzle others using the power of UGC and your own creative expression!

SUBMISSION DATES
Contest ends on January 24th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time

HOW TO ENTER
1. Create an outfit that encapsulates the winter spirit! Something cozy and warm! The outfit must include one piece of any outfit UGC (weapons and mounts not included).

2. Take a screenshots of your outfit! You can submit up to 5 total screenshots. The judges will look at these, so make them good screenshots!
Keep in mind that ONLY cropping is allowed. Do not edit your images with effects and illustrations.

3. Submit a screenshot(s) of your house in this thread along with the following:
- In-Character Character Name
- Server Name
- Very brief description of the UGC article of clothing (please no more than 100 words!)

JUDGING CRITERIA
a. Creativity and Uniqueness – 70%
b. Fits Theme of Winter – 30%

PRIZES
10 Winners will receive the following:
· Top Designer Title
· Top Designer Insignia
· 1x Fashionista Name Tag
· 1x 10,000,000-Meso Pouch

1JEU3fI.png

Up to 40 additional participants will receive:
· 1x Fashionista Name Tag
· 1x 3,000,000-Meso Pouch

70300059.png

Read official rules here >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46021

Comments

• ButterCorgiButterCorgi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    edited 7:42PM January 18, 2020
    Wish I could delete my post, unable to enter due to visiting family. Good luck everyone ^_^
  • SynderinSynderin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    Maple Guide
    edited 8:50PM January 9, 2020
    Sometimes all you need is a simple big coat, thick gloves and maybe a hot drink to get you through the dreary days
    The one thing I've noticed about winter is that most colours tend to be dull, so it makes it all the more fun to see when clothes are combined with an accessory which brightens your person

a4bfae92ccae4362beb3527d7aebbf66.jpg
    531e518a4dbb450f7bd4be23e08b2f3e.jpg
    b7a243845f5a365614ab746acf8950e7.jpg

Server: Oceania
    IGN: Keisol [Fireplace]
    LittleClumsyVaynthLaeliaRixLemonii
  • AzryllAzryll
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 9:53PM January 13, 2020
    - Azryll
    - NAW

My penguin hoodie is a favorite winter wear! Bonus, I can wear my argyle leggings underneath ;)
    hello.jpg

It keeps me warm so I can have a dance party with my winter friends...
    danceparty.jpg

or while I do a little water surfing or snowboarding...
    funandgames.jpg

After a long day, I like to warm by the fire...
    fireplace.jpg

And if my hoodie doesn't keep me warm, my hubby will :)
    fireworks.jpg

**Items I created: gray beanie, penguin hoodie and argyle pants**
    Laelia
  • DrNecromancyDrNecromancy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 2:26AM January 12, 2020
    IGN: DrNecromancy
    Server: Europe
    Feel a chilling breeze with a burning gaze? Did a shadow just whisper in your ear "I hate Christmas.." ? Had your present snatched from under the Christmas tree? Seen the pine forest burn before your eyes? It's the Christmas Thief of course. Dressed in fine bin liner and wrapped in fairy lights. Come to steal all your joy or whatever it is you people experience at this time of year. Padlock your door and bank all your valuable because this year is no short of a stealer!

vv2zGJlRUpiuIOeqnkBNoM7FOoRIJCLB4z_W1GtlxQf2r_mhG_WoEscLWFqOxyeLQ4khEGvcfdlUdRDjUQLR7BpluQZZw6VbWceAzCS31sefwie8rJA=w1280

FfNXGYD8-H6tDktMySMfEVs7i-NpRgze_ZCHWP34YpACc51Lac9OjHJevm8Wk6uZfuf7mFBHAu89ZPVAHIIMXibrdLsYz0eZbpBESjzexip1hn9JEnI=w1280

ZJ-r3uhcKlFmInSDFQ8yY_aihwBoPcVz-_yfuLTHH_m8QlDsjpEapAupELRNYhBfysm_FZXyouBitYgclaUaYNMzPuxlDuQ3IwZzg7nKY4I0Aga7NA=w1280

KvLAB2inV8V9dPDbMdTqBIVsgQT4hT00gMcnw-PLoqRb5t0lQQv8R2fsOTMhBUPTRGJecgCTJsCKxpVXUMapwfvTEKYlfLBNLYLwS1EYmVPSHEjApQ=w1280

DuCNSS-YhKxnr8xdzyoMH0paThGLHYhLyoNEmjjJLkbXoiW6wvMRJw_ySQIPMfoc1r2QlsWwRiW8eRv7GGpOx8Qd3Hi8-54zyI0hU95bRyD-HKxVc9Xp=w1280
  • FleinFlein
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    edited 10:29PM January 20, 2020
    Ingame Name : Taiteru
    Server : Oceania
    Items : UGC Coat, Royal Winter Crystal Wings, Dark Vanguard Headwear (Wizard), Chic Startz Shoes/Gloves/Earrings.
    i really wish i had more emotes that matched the theme of my alt qwq...

Trying to look fancy in the winter time, because you can never go wrong with being over-dressed than walking in under-dressed.
    The outfit was made with the intent of cold winters using a dark shade of black with a deep blue tone, and trims of white to accent alongside the bright neon blue.
    Details can be shown as there are Crescent moons and blue diamonds placed around the coat, as well as the necklace being a bright blue jewel.

HG.jpg
    20200121-170800-22.jpg
    20200121-164314-06.jpg
    20200121-164557-09.jpg
    20200121-170420-18.jpg
    LaeliaFullCodeLemonii
  • ClayTheGrayBlobClayTheGrayBlob
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 885
    edited 11:00PM January 17, 2020
    NAW
    Ign: Mood

In the winter, I enjoy drinking hot chocolate so I made a hot chocolate with marshmallows crew neck.
    Santa is the best mascot for winter, although I have to say "Papa Santa" looks a bit underdressed. As a Californian, ice skating on a frozen lake is near impossible, but I am glad I was able to let my character fulfill this wish in-game. Building a snowman in front of my house is also an impossible activity to do.

Toasty_Crewneck.PNG

PapaSanta.PNG

Skating_on_Frozen_Lake.PNG

Snowman.PNG

LaeliaPrairieLemonii
  • SirSpoonySirSpoony
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Reserved for awsomeness so awesome you might go blind, from the sheer awesomeness-er-est...!!!
  • FullCodeFullCode
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    edited 4:44AM January 17, 2020
    Character name: FullCode
    Server: NAW

The top, bottoms, and shoes are UGC. Nothing gives me winter vibes more than knowing that the holidays are coming. The outfit is inspired by traditional Christmas colors red and white, with a pop of green in the eye color. (Which I realized you can't see in any of the screen shots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

Thank you to friend and guildy Chiffon for letting me use her house as the setting for the screen shots.

xBz4zb6.png
    QHQWJxF.png
    7lZdRdo.png
    ZyJKOxY.png
    LaeliaRixLemonii
  • SusieSusie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,055
    edited 10:39PM January 23, 2020
    IGN: Soba
    Server: NA-West

Soba_Winter3.PNG?width=1073&height=676

Inspired by the way I used to dress back when I lived in NYC, Soba is wearing the "OG Lurex Knit-all", which is an overall luxe fit, which comprises of a cashmere turtleneck sweater with bits of lurex for a sparkle, grey tartan wool skirt, black tights, and an OG belt (yes, named after my guild!) that has a metallic 'OG' embellish statement.

The OG Lurex Knit-all and the Cream Knit Bow Beanie is made by me!

Soba_Winter2.PNG?width=979&height=677

Soba_Winter1.PNG?width=1135&height=676
    EnshuRixFullCodeLemonii
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,010
    Administrator
    I'm so confused where the trend of spot reserving came from.

tenor.gif?itemid=11044457
    FleinLaeliaVaynth
  • NarniaNarnia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    IGN: Narnia
    Server: NAE

Bathrobe is the best outfit to capture the winter spirit alongside with the youngfrog cape to keep me warm and cozy. Why dress up in layers when the youngfrog cape does just the trick. Not only does the cape act as a piece of clothing but can also be used as a secretive wear while swimming. You'll also blend right in with nature and surrounding animals.

20200114_150213_01.jpg

20200114_150149_00.jpg

20200114_144902_01.jpg

20200114_145000_03.jpg

20200114_144938_02.jpg
    TsumTsumsLaeliaFullCodeLemonii
  • LaeliaLaelia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    edited 7:12PM January 15, 2020
    Character name: Jenna
    Server name: NA East

The UGC item I designed is the top that I'm wearing! It was designed with a warm cozy feeling in mind--a brown jumper paired with an off-white turtleneck. The skirt under the top is meant to mesh into it and give the illusion of an over-sized feeling with the frills being at the bottom of the jumper.

To stay warm, depending on where you're adventuring, pair it up with your favorite leggings and boots and you're ready for what winter has to throw at you! :)

d65bb8fc46.png
    35829c00e1.png
    348b805638.png
    223cc68eb7.png
    TsumTsumsikuGANOVaynthNarniaDebarksLemonii
  • M0US3EM0US3E
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    edited 7:44AM January 16, 2020
    - Míki
    - EU
    - White fluffy sweater that keep me warm in cold days :D

1234.png

sadasdad.png

1234567890.png

LaeliaLemonii
  • pamberpamber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    Innocent
    NA-WEST
    Turtle neck knitted dress very warm and cozy for the winter
    e8ByzjN.jpg
    h3nOla9.jpg
    LaeliaPrairieLemonii
  • TechniEyesTechniEyes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Character Name: Ukiyo
    Server: NA West
    Description: Winter Sweetheart
    With Valentines Day coming soon, this wintery outfit combines warmth with cute hearts~! The UGC items are the outfit piece and the headgear! Paired with fuzzy snow boots and cat paw mittens, you'll be able to stay warm and cute no matter the weather!
    qOILYB5.jpg

A closer look at both the outfit and the headgear~!
    zgDYTmg.jpg
    7BqwS4p.jpg

Suitable for any adventure, including ones with seal friends~!
    6hxT6TH.jpg

Achieved Pink Bean's seal of approval for featuring his color scheme~!
    6PMHY4B.jpg
    LaeliaLemonii
  • WednesdayWednesday
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    edited 8:45AM January 22, 2020
    Character: Wednesdae
    Server: NA East

Imagine this scenario: Valentine's day is coming up and your sweetheart has arranged for a picture-perfect day at a wonderful chalet in Lulu Village...but it's also freezing cold outside. What's a girl to wear?!

Guess it's time to try on a few outfits...
    Op8zpXr.png
    Note: The outfits featured in the above image are not my contest submission.

None of these feel special enough for a date! Guess we'll have to tap into this season's must-have looks and make something custom...Combat boots, gold chains, floor-sweeping coats and cloaks are IN. I can work with that!
    N7UiyVm.png

ITEMS USED:
    Valentine Octagonal Beret
    Dye: Champion's Charcoal
    I absolutely ADORE this hat, but not being able to dye the red ribbon or gold stars makes it hard to work with. A perfect challenge! This was the starting piece that I matched the rest of the outfit to.

Snow Tale Wings
    Another difficult piece to work with, since it can't be dyed at all ;__; But the snowflake effect felt just perfect for this theme.

Fantastic Ophelia Earrings
    Dye Used: Graying Memories
    Nothing says Valentine's day like some hearts! Graying Memories dye was used here to give these earrings a diamond-like effect.

Passionate Disk Bracelet
    Dye: Yellow
    A simple gold bracelet to tie all of the outfit elements together.

Illusionist Diamond Boots
    Dye: Champion's Charcoal
    Not going to lie, I hate the rest of this set, but the boots are A+! The gold detailing and red accent gems pair perfectly with the Beret.

Snow Tale Greatsword
    Dye: Azure Papulatus

Custom Asymmetrical Coat UGC
    Why bundle up in a sweater and scarf when you can look chic AF?! Remember darlings, being a true fashionista is about form over function.

Gold hardware adorns the coat throughout - from the epaulets to the buttons to the gold buckles on the sleeves - in order to pair properly with the native detailing of the boots and beret. The subtle purple fabric of the coat's exterior was selected to bring out my eyes, while at the same giving more dynamism to look's color palette when paired with Champion's Charcoal. Don't worry, it keeps me perfectly warm despite the sheer snowflake top!

Speaking of the top, you'll notice it's both color and detail matched with my Snow Tale Wings! I was inspired by some of my favorite pieces from this season and chose snowflakes in the same style as the wings to adorn it.

The shorts and knee-highs were designed to pair with the boots and beret (at a lightly less *ahem* modest length than the boot's originals). Lastly, a little red ribbon to tie it all together (:

Perfectly fashionable for selfies in Lulu Village...
    eXmTclx.jpg

...but still fierce enough for farming Blue Mecha Tyranos in the harsh climate of Tiaman. Only 38 more epics to go!
    vIYRic4.jpg

Shot of the back (sans weapon & wings) to show the details:
    6z8lNor.png

Bonus Image: A 3/4 view to show the UGC details:
    E8MLhFg.png

Hope you enjoyed!
    SanyiruuFramesKyuuketsukiJinhiiJerMindyRayeePrairieKofumi
  • bonwynbonwyn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    edited 3:27PM January 19, 2020
    bonwyn, NAE C:
    My piece of UGC was a sweater + suspender skirt style top.Very simple, but something I think is super cozy to wear when spending time outside having fun in the snow, and still very cute to wear indoors for holiday festivities!
    5f85eac6ef2da906ec6a47099e5b1805.png
    ca8386614515278af1d8563c8182d0bb.png
    5bc0b6bc35e5f0d44d6d2e5014295fdb.png

SeeM0US3E
  • ChibiCakiesChibiCakies
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    IGN: Cakies
    Server: EU
    UGC: The Sweater and pants
    In the winter, i dun really want to wear much.
    If u need someone to dance around the bonfire, invade someones house or steal santas presents.
    Feel free to ask me "wink wink" owo

20f9601f5e7b5b83a5cd6a6257fd5ef9.png
    0e203facfd25b5cfc45074a6fa77cc3e.jpg
    0b9b8cc07f11ed6625b2ebbdcbe79ab4.png
    Just wanna be abit extra uwu
    51e0260e7efe2ad8951badac8c482849.jpg
    Laelia
  • DebarksDebarks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    IGN: Kody
    Server: NAE
    UGC: Snowflake Hoodie
    Two things come to mind when I think of winter, unpacking my box of hoodies and lots and lots of snow. I am able to sit outside and enjoy hot chocolate by the fire or build a snowman in my comfy snowflake hoodie!
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    VaelHeadbeatsLaelia
  • RiezeRieze
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    edited 8:31PM January 21, 2020
    IGN: Rieze
    Server: Oceania

There's nothing like a cup of hot chocolate in a cafe to keep your insides warm on a chilly winter day, while being snug and comfy in your very own, custom made, woolen kitty beanie. Accompanied by a fuzzy sweater and a pair of snow boots, this outfit retains a simple yet elegant style while keeping your body warmed and fluffed.

bFO2vLq.jpg
    qT4mZYZ.jpg
    cBLYPeV.jpg
    DfwUnlx.jpg
    RkCymH8.jpg
    Prairie
This discussion has been closed.