Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Mesos sellers

SnickySnicky
MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
in General Chat
Lately I see more & more mesossellers popping up in either Tria or Partyfinder . Is there ever anything been done about those peeps who behind this ? And just hope that not many are so stupid to buy those mesos fact it is illegal and also can;t trust those peeps since they might ask account info from your or just simple get acces to your account because they might send u a keylogger in a sneaky way . I just hope they won;t let the server get flooded with those idiots !!

Comments

• ExorineExorine
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    meso sellers? you could've fooled me. next time, post some screenshots or it didn't happen.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,735
    Administrator
    Snicky wrote: »
    Lately I see more & more mesossellers popping up in either Tria or Partyfinder . Is there ever anything been done about those peeps who behind this ? And just hope that not many are so stupid to buy those mesos fact it is illegal and also can;t trust those peeps since they might ask account info from your or just simple get acces to your account because they might send u a keylogger in a sneaky way . I just hope they won;t let the server get flooded with those idiots !!
    You can ping me on Discord (for an immediate action) with these advertisements and I'll inform our team to sweep them.
  • ElPerculaesElPerculaes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Yes i can help ?
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    I rarely go to Tria but I did see one mesos seller in party finder last night
  • MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,760
    All the main trading discords have active RMT channels. The NAW market discord has over 600 online and active users and the RMT channel frequently gets 20-40 posts a day. This has been going on for several months, is any action being taken?
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    All the main trading discords have active RMT channels. The NAW market discord has over 600 online and active users and the RMT channel frequently gets 20-40 posts a day. This has been going on for several months, is any action being taken?

Unfortunately, it is close to impossible for us to act upon sketchy or rule-breaking transactions outside of the official MS2 channels. However, the team actively looks for users that violate the Terms of Service and makes sure they are dealt with accordingly.

What comes around, goes around. Sooner or later you will get caught if you break the rules.
  • MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,760
    Olujiwan wrote: »

Unfortunately, it is close to impossible for us to act upon sketchy or rule-breaking transactions outside of the official MS2 channels. However, the team actively looks for users that violate the Terms of Service and makes sure they are dealt with accordingly.

What comes around, goes around. Sooner or later you will get caught if you break the rules.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it is really demoralizing seeing tons of players engage in Account, Mesos, Mats, Equipment, and DD Boosting RMT's using their main discord accounts in a public forum to get ahead in the game for the past several months, many of them brag about it via Channel Chats.

I understand that you are hesitant to take action against these players as they are a part of the more hardcore player base whom you are most likely to retain as active players, but those players who engage in RMT can only feel superior if there is a healthy player base of non-rule breakers that are inferior to them. It just feels pointless trying to play competitively knowing that a sizable percentage of top DD rankings are composed of only a handful of people.
    Defraglife
  • ExorineExorine
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    It's time to deregulate the meso market!
    Defraglife
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    You know if the in game RMT was better maybe people wouldn't do it... However with a limit of 20m per week or month it's kinda pointless to use. Especially with how obscene pricing is getting nowadays not to mention it's impossible to progress to end game content if your casual. Since getting to legendary gears is beyond difficult without help.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,705
    Remove mesos cap in bm and we wouldn't have this problem. Your top players are buying gold and trying to bully those that don't plain and simple. U won't catch them because of the way it's done via bm. Just google some sites out there. They buy online put something in bm for however much mesos they purchased then bam mesos by the ton which is not possible through normal means. Wake up. And they are ruining the economy and game balance.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Remove mesos cap in bm and we wouldn't have this problem. Your top players are buying gold and trying to bully those that don't plain and simple. U won't catch them because of the way it's done via bm. Just google some sites out there. They buy online put something in bm for however much mesos they purchased then bam mesos by the ton which is not possible through normal means. Wake up. And they are ruining the economy and game balance.

So your fix is making the game p2w? That would destroy the game completely.