During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

October's Halloween Events!

CMKyriosCMKyrios
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,235
Administrator
edited 10:10AM October 23, 2019 in Official News
Check out these Halloween-themed events and earn loads of rewards throughout the end of October!

moon-bunny-run-2.png
Moon Bunny Run: 
  • Event Duration (UTC): 3:30 PM Friday, October 18th - 3:30 PM Wednesday, November 13th
  • Requirements: Must be Lv. 10 or higher to participate.
  • Every day, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss appears at Boulderwhite Mountain on each channel! Defeat it with your fellow Maplers to receive the goodies it drops!
    • The Escaped Moon Bunny spawns at the following times (this is approximately 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM region-specific):
      • NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
      • NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
      • South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
      • Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
      • Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC
    • Loot can include Onyx Crystals, Crystal Fragments, Lapis Master Snare, Metacells, Colorful Crystal Boxes, a low chance of a Lapenshard Selection Box, and a guaranteed Pumpkin Jewel to spend at the Witchling Shop!

moonlight-bungee.png
Moonlight Bungee Jump: 
  • Event Duration (UTC): 3:30 PM Friday, October 18th - 3:30 PM Wednesday, November 13th
  • Purchase the Moonlight Bungee Jump mini-game from the Special Offers tab of the Meret Market (it's free!). Drop down while collecting Soft Star Jelly, a healing item, and defeat the Moon Bunny at the bottom to collect some treats!
    • Loot can include Pound Moon Bunny (furniture), Elixir, Fresh Fruit Platters, High Flyers, Colorful Crystal Boxes, and a guaranteed Pumpkin Jewel to spend at the Witchling Shop!
  • Moonlight Bungee Jump can be obtained 3 times per day.

cauldron.png
Witch's Cauldron: 
  • By doing various different activities, obtain Rotten Pumpkins needed to make the Witch's Cauldron in Queenstown boil over! Rotten Pumpkins are obtained through the following activities:
    • Completing a Mini-Game: 5 Rotten Pumpkins
    • Fishing: 10% chance per catch to earn Rotten Pumpkin
    • Performing: 10% chance per 15 seconds to earn Rotten Pumpkin
    • Hunting: 5% chance per enemy defeated to earn Rotten Pumpkin
    • Harvesting: 3% chance per successful harvest to earn Rotten Pumpkin
    • Foraging: 3% chance per successful harvest to earn Rotten Pumpkin
  • After tossing in 15 Rotten Pumpkins, the cauldron will boil over rewarding you with a Pumpkin Jewel.
    • After tossing in 100 Rotten Pumpkins, complete the Pumpkins for Your Cauldron event trophy and earn the "Jack-o'-Lantern" title.
  • Every Tuesday, boiling the Witch's Cauldron will earn you a Witch's Pumpkin Cauldron gift, which contains Colorful Crystal Boxes, Crystal Fragments, Onyx Crystals, and Metacells.

quest.png
Haunting Mission:
  • Accept a daily quest from Bobby, Ruby, and Karkamelle every day in Queenstown or remotely! Complete their quests to earn Pumpkin Jewels!
  • Quests include defeating an Escaped Moon Bunny, completing the Moonlight Bungee Jump, and collecting quest items from either monsters, elites, or world bosses!
witchling-shop.png[/b]
Witchling's Shop: [/b]
  • Visit the Witchling Karkamelle to spend your Pumpkin Jewels!
    • Purchasable items include a unique Halloween-themed name tag and chat bubble, a box full of different furniture items, the Dependable Enchanting Box filled to the brim with materials for upgrading, Metacells, Lapenshard Selection Boxes, Colorful Crystal Boxes, a unique Halloween-themed rising air mount, and Pumpkin Juice to heal you up!
    • It takes approximately 17 days of event participation to purchase everything!

kittywampus.png
Ghost Booster: 
  • Accept a quest remotely to obtain Kittywampus's Playground, a furniture to place in your home to raise the adorable Kittywampus!
  • Have your friends play with Kittywampus up to 3 times a day! Receive a Pumpkin Jewel in the mail each time they do.
  • Play with your friends' Kittywampus up to 3 times a day and receive a Ghost Fish each time to feed your own Kittywampus!
    • Receive up to 5 additional Ghost Fish in the mail for being logged in one hour each day.
  • Every time you feed a Ghost Fish to Kittywampus, you'll receive a Pumpkin Jewel!
  • Depending on the growth level of Kittywampus after each Ghost Fish feeding, receive additional gifts!
    • At 300, receive 3 Pet Bonus Re-roller (Epic).
    • At 500, receive a package with Polished Fusion Stones, Metacells, a cache of Red Crystals, and Crystal Fragments.
    • Finally at 800, receive your very own Kittywampus non-combat pet to follow you around!
  • After the event, you can continue to keep Kittywampus's Playground as a furnishing item, but will be unable to grow it further.

ugc.png
(Ongoing) Hot Time - Free Maple Workshop:
  • Event Duration (UTC): 12:00 AM Saturday - 11:59 PM Sunday
  • Every weekend until mid-November, design and create furnishing and outfit UGC for free!
  • UGC or User Generated Content are custom designs created by players to really set themselves apart from one another! You can access the Maple Workshop from the bottom-right hand corner of your screen.

pet.png
(Ongoing) Hot Time - Pet Attribute Re-roll Discount:
  • Event Duration (UTC): 12:00 AM Saturday - 11:59 PM Sunday
  • Every weekend until mid-November, enjoy a 35% discount on catalysts costs when re-rolling pet bonus talents! This does not stack with your Prestige discount.
  • Pets are a vital part of your progression! Re-rolling their talents give you a chance for potentially better stats that go to your character!

world-boss.png
(Ongoing) Hot Time - World Boss Drops:
  • Event Duration (UTC): Every day and hour until further notice!
  • Expedite the speed of your material farming with increased drops from world bosses!
  • Amount of increased drops varies by server:
    • NA East: x2 Drops
    • NA West: x2 Drops
    • Europe: x2 Drops
    • South America: x3 Drops
    • Oceania: x3 Drops
  • Drops affected by this are Onyx CrystalColorful Crystal Selection BoxChaos OnyxObsidian Essence, and meso.
    • Drops from striking the boss remains after its defeat are not affected by this.

Comments

• LicoriceCLicoriceC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
    Every day, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss appears at 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, and 10:30 PM (UTC) at Boulderwhite Mountain on each channel! Defeat it with your fellow Maplers to receive the goodies it drops!
    Why aren't there server specific times as usual? This makes no sense for people far from that timezone.
    Yumikoto
  • YumikotoYumikoto
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    Every day, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss appears at 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, and 10:30 PM (UTC) at Boulderwhite Mountain on each channel! Defeat it with your fellow Maplers to receive the goodies it drops!
    Loot can include Onyx Crystals, Crystal Fragments, Lapis Master Snare, Metacells, Colorful Crystal Boxes, a low chance of a Lapenshard Selection Box, and a guaranteed Pumpkin Jewel to spend at the Witchling Shop!

Regarding the Oceania Server

Is the Moon Bunny Run intended to only be for Oceania players who don’t sleep/work/go to school? Some example time zone conversions:
    - AWST (e.g., Perth): 3:30am - 6:30am
    - AEST (e.g., Brisbane): 5:30am - 8:30am
    - ACDT (e.g., Adelaide): 6:00am - 9:00am
    - AEDT (e.g., Sydney): 6:30am - 9:30am
    - NZDT (e.g., Auckland): 8:30am - 11:30am
    - etc. etc.

Additionally, as there are now only 4 Oceania channels, even players who are able to play at those VERY off-peak hours are only going to be able to gain a fraction of the event rewards that players on the European and US servers can (e.g., a maximum of 16 pumpkin jewels a day versus 28 to 36).

Witchling's Shop: It takes approximately 17 days of event participation to purchase everything!

Is this taking into account the considerably lower number of jewels that the Oceania players can obtain (due to the poor timing of the Moon Bunny Run and much reduced number of channels)?

I am sure that the intent behind this isn’t to exclude or disadvantage Oceania players in any way, so I am hoping that there might be some consideration given to:
    - Swapping the Moon Bunny Run to a time more accessible to the bulk of the Oceania population, and
    - Doubling the Moon Bunny Run drop rate so that Oceania players can gain a similar number of rewards as our 9-channel US and 7-channel European brethren.

Thank you.
    LicoriceCAnura_
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Administrator
    Yumikoto wrote: »
    Loot can include Onyx Crystals, Crystal Fragments, Lapis Master Snare, Metacells, Colorful Crystal Boxes, a low chance of a Lapenshard Selection Box, and a guaranteed Pumpkin Jewel to spend at the Witchling Shop!

Regarding the Oceania Server

Is the Moon Bunny Run intended to only be for Oceania players who don’t sleep/work/go to school? Some example time zone conversions:
    - AWST (e.g., Perth): 3:30am - 6:30am
    - AEST (e.g., Brisbane): 5:30am - 8:30am
    - ACDT (e.g., Adelaide): 6:00am - 9:00am
    - AEDT (e.g., Sydney): 6:30am - 9:30am
    - NZDT (e.g., Auckland): 8:30am - 11:30am
    - etc. etc.

Additionally, as there are now only 4 Oceania channels, even players who are able to play at those VERY off-peak hours are only going to be able to gain a fraction of the event rewards that players on the European and US servers can (e.g., a maximum of 16 pumpkin jewels a day versus 28 to 36).

Witchling's Shop: It takes approximately 17 days of event participation to purchase everything!

Is this taking into account the considerably lower number of jewels that the Oceania players can obtain (due to the poor timing of the Moon Bunny Run and much reduced number of channels)?

I am sure that the intent behind this isn’t to exclude or disadvantage Oceania players in any way, so I am hoping that there might be some consideration given to:
    - Swapping the Moon Bunny Run to a time more accessible to the bulk of the Oceania population, and
    - Doubling the Moon Bunny Run drop rate so that Oceania players can gain a similar number of rewards as our 9-channel US and 7-channel European brethren.

Thank you.

We'll be discussing the event times internally today to see if there's something we can do, but I cannot guarantee anything (this is the first time there's a time-specific event in GMS2 and it appears to have been designed around UTC-0 being the prime hours, which may be an oversight). When I have news to share on this, I will share it immediately.

The 17 day expectation is in belief that players defeat the Escaped Moon Bunny four times every day (once per hour), and it includes being able to buy everything, including items players may have little care for pending on their wants and needs (in reality, you or someone else may need much less coins if you don't want, for example, the furniture box).
    JanalahLicoriceCAnura_
  • SnickySnicky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    Question I did get whispering ghost 2x and Black bat wings in Obsedian Mount - talking of a quest when u check the items -0 but honestly have no idea what to do exactly . Will these quests pop up later orso ?
  • Sabby_LeonisSabby_Leonis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    As if nothing was learned from the previous "World Boss Event."
    It is impossible to even log-in to the game at the moment, due to this event. Once I make past the splash screen, it's just Error 10053.
    LicoriceC
  • RaytheRaythe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    edited 4:38PM October 18, 2019
    Soooo me and 3 other people purchased the furnishing package from the witch store .... opened it and furnishings dissapeared, also why is there no fair fight on that bunny boss .... and only 4 spawns per day during horrid hours when alot of people cant play.....
    And you said minimum 17 days to get everything outta witches shop .... but I got 30 coins on my first day, if its 30 coins a day counting the price of everything in witches shop I estimate 10 days to fully purchase everything unless we start getting less coins each day .... which actually I guess works out considering we cant get to the world boss and we end up losing out on coins and daily event quest to kill it ...... come on nexon .... this is a constant stream of poorly done quite repetitive events ...... pull its together .
  • JanalahJanalah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Thanks Yumikoto for posting, being on Oceania server, have to agree, it is highly unlikely I will be getting up for the next few weeks at 3am to sit and wait for the spawns. It has to be achievable in real time hours for people in different time zones.
    LicoriceC
  • LicoriceCLicoriceC
    edited 9:51PM October 18, 2019
    Oceania is not alone either! 10:30pm UTC is just 6:30pm EDT. There will likely be people in NAE squeaking in while everyone westwards (The Americas are very wide, yeah?) will probably not be available yet.
    It really doesn't make sense for a global game with separated geographical servers to restrict an event to a 4 hour time span that excludes the other half of the Earth. The hours aren't even spread out throughout the day!

Thanks for reviewing this issue. It would be even better if the events designer had the foresight during the planning stage or someone on the team would notice and bring it up. The last failed event wasn't so long ago. Although we received compensation (which is nice), it was never corrected, which I found somewhat disappointing.

p.s. ghost cat is great (*.*)b

p.p.s. Based on the above posts, it sounds painful - limited channels and no fairfight on a world boss.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,030
    LicoriceC wrote: »
    it sounds painful - limited channels and no fairfight on a world boss

The lack of Fair Fight wouldn't even be a problem if the game had proper scaling mechanisms like GW2.

Even with the current event most world bosses are "dead" (as in no one does them anymore) and I still see people crying for help in the world chat cause bosses take like forever if you're trying to solo them (especially for new players who don't have their lapenshards yet). On the other hand even with FF if you have a full map and your PC isn't the fastest (granted MS2s poor optimisation doesn't really help either) then the boss is going to get killed before you even get a hit on it.

FF is a bandage solution at best but this is just another issue that's never going to be adressed by Nexon bacause "the right people" don't care about it.
  • LicoriceCLicoriceC
    edited 8:20AM October 19, 2019
    > it sounds painful - limited channels and no fairfight on a world boss
    Maybe I should clarify that in my previous comment replying to what people were saying about this event's boss (Moon Bunny): Limited channels, limited time availability, and no fairfight means a super rush to load that map and hit it in time. Like you touched on, that means among people who do make it to the event, there will be those who don't get a hit in. The turkey is sounding less worse. <_<;;
    Aren't these the same kind of problems of the previous failed event?

As for world bosses in general, I'm happy to say that I see more trains ever since the rewards were made more useful and then more plentiful. When WB parties aren't running, I often still run into smaller batches of people (<10). Yes, sometimes I'll see somebody ask in chat for help with a WB, too.

(Not about world bosses specifically:) I do feel that I and a few others have been experiencing worse game performance recently (the last patch or two?). Lag, rubberbanding, and disconnects occurring more often make me think of the early days of release.
    Anura_
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,325
    server-specific time are very much needed but I shall try to wake up at 5am until it's changed
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Administrator
    We'll have news on the encounter itself as well as the event time availability sometime this week.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Administrator
    This is a heads up, the latest maintenance has changed how the Escaped Moon Bunny works. It now spawns with Fair Fight, and the spawn times have been adjusted to the following for each server:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
    NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
    South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
    Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
    Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

This is the 7:30 - 10:30 PM equivalent for each specific region (no more in the middle of the night). The quest dialogue will still state the old time; please ignore it.
  • HotafoxHotafox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,810
    Fix 10053 ERROR!