Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974
Closed

[WINNERS] Happy 1st Birthday MapleStory 2!

Comments

• SanyiruuSanyiruu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    edited 10:09AM October 5, 2019
    IGN: Miiyumi
    Server: NA:E
    maplestory2_05_oct_2019_12_03_24_289_by_sanyiruu_ddhnbdl-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvY2M5ZjY4Y2ItYWE0MC00NTRkLTg5YjItYzc0YTEyZjBiYjE1XC9kZGhuYmRsLTljY2E2ZDBlLTYxNjItNDI4NC1hNGU1LTEyZDU0ZmZkMWFhZS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.0qtv-DjUhHSuaCZLN104SWIH7CV6EWS1cUNUZzeZRZk

This huge gallery is an amalgamation of screenshots which I curated from my old files.
    Every single memory in this wall represents how much I grew thanks to all my friends, the memories we shared, the times we spent together.
    All of my friends are very dear to me, because thanks to them I've learnt a lot of things, I've shared experiences, empathized with them, became a better person, and this is my way to say "Thank you for one amazing year".
    Sincerely, the best memory from this game this year was sharing and spending time with all my friends.

I have to thank this game for existing, despite its flaws and mistakes, because thanks to it, I've become a better and more mature person.
    Happy anniversary, MapleStory 2! Let's share more memories together!
  • RiezeRieze
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    edited 11:26AM October 9, 2019
    Bego97t.jpg
    I remember the time I pranked my guild for April's Fools. I pretended to be dating a guild member for about week and told the guild we had been together for over a few months. I had a maple wedding all planned out and invited everyone to it. I even assigned roles for some of the guild members like flower girl, musician, pastor etc. Everyone seemed hyped up about the event, and to be honest, I was too, even though I knew it was only a fake wedding. After the ceremony and congratulatory wishes, I dropped the bomb on our guild Discord watched everything burn as everyone lost their minds..... We had a fun time.

Although they were pranked into making preparations for a fake wedding, I'd like to thank them for being such good sports about it. And even though some of them have left since, and that I may never see them again, I felt that we shared a fond memory together, one that I hold dear to my heart.

The past 12 months have truly been a blessing. I've met many whom I'd consider a great friend, and even more whom I'd call family. Thank you, everyone, for a great Maple-y year!

(PS: I'm the one with purple hair and my pretend hubby is the one in the pink beret)

IGN: Rieze
    Server: Oceania
    Sanyiruu
  • SarkmorSarkmor
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    edited 8:47AM October 6, 2019
    unknown.png
    I started this game as a solo player... Tryed to make a guild but it didn't work as i expected... I was about to quit, when i found out about the Nightmare guild, the one that i joined... Most players of this guild are very receptive, they made me enjoy the game again, see the game trough a new perspective, and i've been there for the last 10 months or so... My favorite memory of this game, is all the time i've spent with my guildmates, playing, chating and having fun... What i like the most about MapleStory2, is that is very easy to make friends, you just have to try.

Note: i'm the red guy with the maple leaf, on the red horse on the left.

IGN: Sarkmor
    Server: South America
    Sanyiruu
  • JerkNightmareJerkNightmare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    345.jpg
    Almost around an year ago, at 13 october a little after the game release i decided to create my own guild after hopping into many different ones that didn't fit my taste. When i created my own guild, the first thing i decided was that i would focus on having fun and recruiting people that are easy to get along, as friends and not just as game partners, and with that, i created my guild "Nightmare". As time passed, many other guilds met its end while my guild slowly progressed, always united and having fun. After almost one year of both Maplestory 2 and my guild being around, we grew together and we eventually rose to the top 1 in S.A, i'll always be grateful for what maplestory 2 provided me, not only fun but a fantastic group of friends who i care a lot about as well.

IGN: Jerk
    Sanyiruu
  • ClayTheGrayBlobClayTheGrayBlob
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    unknown.png
    My favorite memory of Maplestory2 started even before the game was officially launched. I met my current boyfriend from Maplestory and we were selected to attend the very first MapleFest in 2018. It was a great experience! We were excited after hearing about the release of Maplestory2 and was counting down the days to the game closed beta launch. As Maplers, we grew from having little knowledge of the game and working hard together with our friends to now being able to clear the endgame contents. Along the way, I met many great friends who are not only reliable but also made the hardships enjoyable, and I know we will always cheer for each other through the goods and the bad!

IGN: Mood
    Server: NA West
    tartleMusecal
  • MusecalMusecal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    unknown.png
    I've played this game since closed beta and I have grown so much as a Mapler! My favorite moment in the game is when my friends and I were enchanting together and we all hit an upgrade at the same time. It would be hard to create such a remarkable moment again. We would constantly help each other to ensure everyone would be able to do content together. Its great to have reliable and trustworthy friends who will have your back through the many patches of updates and new content.

IGN: Lion
    SanyiruuGlautortartle
  • RixRix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    Maple Guide
    edited 7:59AM October 8, 2019
    rS2HAfT.jpeg
    It all started with one world chat- 'Help me chase this mammoth CH1 TRIA'. It became the greatest 1AM adventure I've ever embarked on.

Imagine- 30 or so quacking ducks chasing around a mammoth through Tria for a solid 20 mins. It was an absolutely beautiful sight. We chased it across the courtyard, up the walls onto the battlements, and all the way back down. We took over Amore Wedding Hall, where we serenaded any unsuspecting visitors with a marvelous symphony of quacks. Let's never forget the Queenstown invasion, that concluded in a speedy tactical retreat when we noticed the ducks despawned from under us. We invaded Lith Harbour instead, where we almost sank a boat, and enjoyed quacking together on an island. All adventures must have an end, however, and ours was coming to a close.
    The duck army eventually dispersed after an hour, as we invaded different houses. Many were afflicted by the condition named "fatigue" and had to sadly depart.

But in our hearts, the duck army will never die. quack

sorry for being a public nuisance XD

IGN: Revenger
    Server: OCE
    Uninu
  • Rafit100Rafit100
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    WsEdyRZ.jpg

IGN: Rafit
    Server: EU
    My best memories from Maple Story 2 are the ones with my girlfriend. She recommended the game to me and I started play because of her. We spent great times together doing dungeons, killing world bosses or goofing around. If there is something I can't withstand, she always lend me a hand.
  • AechahtreAechahtre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    edited 6:48PM October 8, 2019
    2RzdCvj.png
    This year, my proudest and happiest moment has been watching our guild grow to Top 10. I joined Morale last November when it was only a guild of about 20. After a short time, I became a mod which I still am today, and now we consistently have 100 members. I remember constant raiding with friends of cdev, moc, and pap - and now BSN. I've been here to watch our members grow, to watch some leave, but to really watch as we've created a family. I wouldn't trade anything for the bonds we have, and I am so proud of all the accomplishments we've made together as a guild and a family!

IGN: Méí
    Server: NA East
  • NyanneNyanne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    aa1de189657ebc6ea84e9091a9afd86b.jpg

I've started playing MapleStory2 in October of the last year, as a solo player. I didn't dream too far at that time, but then my boyfriend started playing with me and we started our search for a guild that would accept us and wanted to become stronger. But, life isn't really easy, and we needed to quit the game. As time passed, I missed more and more playing Maple, and decided to return to the game. Since I came back, things started to be better, and my favorite memory of all this year of comings and goings happened not too far away. It was playing with the friends I made after coming back and remembering how the chaos dungeons from level 50 were like. We stayed up until 4 am, more or less, playing and joking around on a voice call. It was the first time we did Infernog, and I ended up receiving a purple pet from the run. One of my friends, unfortunately, can't play anymore, but I know we made a friendship that is greater than this barrier, and I'm really grateful for the moments we had together because of playing MapleStory!

IGN: Nyanne
  • CanuckskiesCanuckskies
    edited 10:12PM October 8, 2019
    20191001_190400_04.jpg

The best part of Maplestory has always been the people. From challenging a chaos raid together for the first time to just hanging out chatting in each other's houses, I have so many great memories playing this game. However, if I had to pick one that stands out the most, it would be the guild birthday event that my guild held recently. The love and effort that the planning committee put into the event made the entire weekend a blast. We had a bunch of fun activities that culminated with a hilarious walk from Tria in our ducky mounts to our guildie's house where we held the closing ceremony. I have been a part of two really awesome guilds in Maplestory 2 and they are the reason why I have so many great memories.

IGN: Canuckskiies
  • PakoPako
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 910
    edited 10:32PM October 8, 2019
    20190109_001713_10.jpg

I remember... on one holiday night I was scrolling through my friend's list... and suddenly I thought to myself, "Why don't I visit this friend of mine's house." (I befriended her through multiple CMOC practices she hosted). After walking through several portals, I finally found her with a few of her friends. I greeted them, and soon, one of them found out my secret after I swam about. I was a trap! We had a great laugh at the encounter, and soon as the hours passed by - chatting - more people came; more people laughed. This quick visit soon became a sleepover experience, as we talked, played music whilst messing about. I currently reside in her guild and have made many fond memories, and I wish more to come.

The dearest memories I hold in my heart, are the times when I make new friends; new beginnings. The best thing about Maple, we've all come to love: friendship!

Happy 1st Birthday MS2!

IGN: Pako - I'm the one wearing Devorak's horns
    Synderin
  • HoboLegendHoboLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    edited 5:34AM October 9, 2019
    737ad993736f5d89f15365bc92d84850.png
    My favorite Maplestory 2 memory is when I got my very first spotlight winning in dance dance stop. I would always see female characters who "survived the onslaught", take the spotlight. It was truly a satisfying feeling to finally have the camera on myself after who knows how many "battles and mind games" it took to get there. This was especially hard when there was so many players joining this mini-game every hour.

IGN: Discount
    SynderinUninu
  • UninuUninu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    PoJP0Ta.png

Over the year I've had many fun memories with my guild and a very common event that would occurs was weddings in the Amore Wedding Hall in Tria. A few days before our guild merged we held another wedding and later i had to go afk. When i came back, everyone was wearing paper bags of our guild master UGC and we had so much fun dancing around with them on our heads. We even went to Queenstown and took over the stage. It was sad that we had to leave the guild but it also opened up many opportunities to meet new people in our new guild.

IGN: Uní
    Server: OCE
    Synderin
  • FurisukuFurisuku
    study_session_ms2.png

When we first started ms2, we scoped about the place; Learning and looking at the maple world in wonder while taking part in all the things it had to offer whether it be gathering or playing music, or visiting friends and decorating houses. All the interactions and explorations besides the fighting grind made us want to learn about the maple world more. It was cute, fun and just magical! Needless the say, we went exploring and posed in quite a few of them! This is one of my favourites. While chatting and talking about all the possibilities we could do together in ms2, I heard snoring in the discord call which coincidentally matched the photo I was taking....

We had a good laugh after!!

Here's to making more funny and memorable memories!
    To the future years to come!

IGN: Furisuku
    Synderin
  • SanzuSanzu
    unknown.png
    My favorite memory was when we started out together as new players in ms2. We grew stronger together and we all had fun together. Showing off our house decor while visiting friends to see theirs was exciting. UGC allowed a lot of creative freedom and laughs as well. It felt relaxing and fun! Whether it was celebrating someone's progression in gear or the capture of an epic pet, friendly comaradarie was the best feeling. Other memorable moments were screaming at each other hysterically as we play Dance Dance Stop running around like headless chickens or dancing endlessly from Pink Beans debuff or even when someone fell off the pillars right before Balrogs swipe...

IGN: Sanzu
    Synderin
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,545
    Administrator
    A reminder that today at midnight is the deadline to submit your entries!
  • KuroHanaKuroHana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    pysWQFC.jpg
    This is quite a old screenshot but I remember when my friend and I would struggle to find a rog pt (more her than me cause she was a wiz and I was a priest). Though after many attempts we got our first S rank rog run. I think my eardrum burst a bit with all the screaming. Sadly she has stopped playing but we still have a lot of good memories of playing together.

IGN: Silvaglaze
    Synderin
  • bonwynbonwyn
    edited 12:03PM October 9, 2019
    4XsaS5P.png

My screenshot is of my character on the first day I played Maplestory 2, and it is one of my favorite memories as well as a decision I am thankful for. As the first mmo I had played in a long time, I remember my first few weeks on MS2 fondly as I was excited to traverse the world and face the challenges it held, and I quickly met people within the community that have continued to make this game a lot of fun.

IGN: rwn
    Server: NA East
  • AcestiaAcestia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    edited 12:37PM October 9, 2019
    sCXq3JH.jpg
    When this contest was announced I knew exactly what screenshot I would enter with. Back when I was in my original guild, me and the other staff members organized a post-christmas event for our guildies. We did a few normal and guild minigames (and held our hopes high to please get guild dance dance soon). After that we performed prepared songs as an ensemble on a stage that was designed with our guild icon and played our own little guild member trivia (maple) OX quiz. We even put aside a few gifts for the winners of the minigames and the OX quiz. In the end of it we all ended up doing a karaoke session in our guilds discord. We all had so much fun that evening!
    I really like thinking back of the time when all my old guildies still played. We would do quests and minigames together everyday and hang out on voice chat most of the days. I still remember how excited everyone was for the full release when Mushking Royale ended, so we could finally all play together.
    Although I miss my time with my original guild, because there were so many wonderful moments, so I'm glad to have found an equally amazing new guild that has took me in, after most of the people I played with before moved on to other games.

IGN: Acestia
    Server: Europe
    Psychelic
This discussion has been closed.