Learn everything about the Guilded Glory update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45646/

My problem with dungeon caps and other content.

ZekeNazariZekeNazari
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
edited 9:44PM June 23, 2019 in Dungeons
For a game that revolves around dungeon clearing, the cap makes it hard to progress especially for those who fall behind after breaks.Also, some players who are new have a hard time finding party members and struggle to clear new content and progress. I don't find much to do after i'm capped out. I'm not a fan of the quest system that essentially has me feeling like i'm doing a daily chore, albeit i'm sure they're people who disagree. I feel like the game needs to have other forms of progression for players who aren't into the repetitive dungeon runs, perhaps grinding on mobs?
I had such high hopes for this game at first, but unfortunately it's nothing what I've expected and personally doesn't fit my taste...

This is just my view, but i'd like to know if the community feels the same way? Agree, Disagree and why?
Anura_RayleighVII

Comments

• DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,550
    ZekeNazari wrote: »
    For a game that revolves around dungeon clearing, the cap makes it hard to progress especially for those who fall behind after breaks.Also, some players who are new have a hard time finding party members and struggle to clear new content and progress. I don't find much to do after i'm capped out. I'm not a fan of the quest system that essentially has me feeling like i'm doing a daily chore, albeit i'm sure they're people who disagree. I feel like the game needs to have other forms of progression for players who aren't into the repetitive dungeon runs, perhaps grinding on mobs?
    I had such high hopes for this game at first, but unfortunately it's nothing what I've expected and personally doesn't fit my taste...

This is just my view, but i'd like to know if the community feels the same way? Agree, Disagree and why?

The cap annoys the hell out of me. I'm falling behind others because of bad luck finding weapon copies and failing enchants. Peachy requires too much imo still compared to getting lucky with Ophelia.
    Wlia
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    Personally I use Peachy from +12 to 15 because it actually requires less duplicates than Ophelia assuming average luck (i.e. 25% chance would take you 4 tries to succeed).
    As for dungeon cap, it should definitely be a thing. It helps to narrow the gap between wageslaves and students vs basement-dwelling NEETs who can spend 12 hours a day playing the game. But the cap should be raised, I think to 40/week for dungeons and doubled for raids. It's a rather slow process to enchant legendary weapons; the only reason I have a +11 staff is that i bought a scroll with crystal ore. 12 or so pink bean clears haven't been enough to get to +12.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,725
    Anura_ wrote: »
    It helps to narrow the gap between wageslaves and students vs basement-dwelling NEETs who can spend 12 hours a day playing the game.

No it doesn't, if anything it hurts those "wageslaves and students" who can't afford the time to make X alts to support their mains. Finding a party is a lot harder if you cant play right after the reset which wouldn't be the case if it weren't for the clear count limits. Those with limited time to play would be amongst the people who would profit the most from the removal of these restrictions.
    Defraglife
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,440
    Anura_ wrote: »
    It helps to narrow the gap between wageslaves and students vs basement-dwelling NEETs

And what's the grand purpose of that?
    Wlia
  • RayleighVIIRayleighVII
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    i do agree with this and iv'e talked to quite a number of streamers and players that quit and the reason they gave for why they left the game fits the situation. atm theres a 15 dungeon cap and a couple hrs until the reset but the thing is....remove the god damn 15 cap and just give us a flat 60 weekly cap the game is designed around dungeons but the limitation that are implemented are ridiculous as such a player can cap his /her weekly in 1-2 days..this needs the change
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,550
    edited 8:08PM July 6, 2019
    i do agree with this and iv'e talked to quite a number of streamers and players that quit and the reason they gave for why they left the game fits the situation. atm theres a 15 dungeon cap and a couple hrs until the reset but the thing is....remove the god damn 15 cap and just give us a flat 60 weekly cap the game is designed around dungeons but the limitation that are implemented are ridiculous as such a player can cap his /her weekly in 1-2 days..this needs the change

Big facts. Game resets on Friday and I cap my dungeon runs by Saturday night. Friday is 15 runs Saturday the final 15 runs and I'm not a elite basement living whale. I manage my time to be able to knock those out. But 60 weekly cap would be beautiful. Remove daily cap.