Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[OTHER] How to create UGC - Detailed Guide

Blossom5Blossom5
MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
edited 1:16AM June 24, 2019 in Player Guides
HOW TO CREATE UGC - DETAILED GUIDE

IGN: Blossom5
Server: EU

What is Maple Workshop?

Maple Workshop allows players to create custom templates, otherwise known as UGC (User Generated Content), which then can be used as skin. This means that players can use their creativity to design outfits, weapon skins, blocks (which can be placed in your house) and even mounts! Not only are these creations for personal use, but also can be uploaded and shared with other players in the Design Shop.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1: How to get to Maple Workshop:

1.- Click on the "Rubik's Cube" on the bottom right corner of your screen:
unknown.png

2.- There are a few simple guidelines which you will have to follow in order to create UGC. Make sure to follow the Policy or your creations may get reported.
unknown.png

3.- Once you hit "Agree", Maple Workshop window will pop up. As shown on left side of the image, besides the Short Cape Template, which requires 100k Mesos to create, the rest will require from 50 Red/Blue Merets up to 1,090 Red/Blue Merets depending on what you want to design.
unknown.png

However, if you have completed the normal storyline, there are a couple of quests which will give you Template Vouchers (4 per character iirc). Template Vouchers will allow you to create templates for free, regardless the Meret cost, situated in "Misc" tab in your inventory. These Vouchers are character bound and consumed per creation (1 creation = 1 Voucher).
unknown.png
unknown.png

There are several Design Templates you can choose from. Important: If you want to create a template for the opposite sex, make sure to select the correct gender (Male/Female) before you create the template as Maple Workshop opens up with the gender you have selected for your character by default.
unknown.png
unknown.png
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 2: How does UGC work and how to create one:

Once you have decided and selected what to create, you will have two options to continue with:

Option 1: New Design, this option will allow you to get creative with the template you have chosen! The default option given is Paint, but you can also use Photoshop or any other platform/editor to create and design your skin.
unknown.png

Example:
I will use a Hoodie Template for this guide, keep in mind you have tons of other options to choose from:
unknown.png

By clicking on "New Design", you will acquire the default template of the item you picked (Hoodie in my case). You can colour the template in with the colour you desire, as well as making your own drawings, and even incorporating images!! (Remember the UGC Policy though)
unknown.png

There are several sections to consider on every template. What does this mean? Basically, because we are creating a "3D clothing, weapon skin", we have to consider what part goes in front, behind, left side or right side. Each section is marked with a number which corresponds to a certain part of your template:
unknown.png

Section 1: cap
unknown.png

Warning: you will be looking at the cap from this perspective:
unknown.png
^ Which means if you want to draw something, you would have to draw it upside down, if that makes sense.

Hence, if I want a kitty face as the cap of my hoodie, it would look like this:
unknown.png
unknown.png
(forget the kitty ears for now)

Section 2 and 3: sleeves (section 2 being left sleeve and section 3 being right sleeve)
unknown.png

How does sleeves work? You will have to pay attention to: the front part of the sleeves, middle part of the sleeves and the back part of the sleeves.
unknown.png
Pink section represents the front part.
Red section represents the middle part.
Yellow section represents the back part.

If you decide to incorporate letters to personalise your design, you will have to consider where to put it. For instance, if you want to place a word in the middle of your sleeve, you would have to make sure you write it in the Red section.
unknown.png
Result:
unknown.png
unknown.png
^ Side note: I have also coloured the sleeves in black plus incorporated an image (explained later on).

Section 4: body section
unknown.png

Anything we need to keep in mind? Important: front side and back side - left side of the image represents the front side of the hoodie and the right side of the image represents the back side of the hoodie.

Adding an image to the front:
unknown.png
Result:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Adding an image to the back: this can be a little tricky because the template for the back side of the hoodie is a little tilted, just make sure you tilt the image to the same angle as the template.
unknown.png
Result:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Going back to the kitty ears shown in a previous image (from the cap in Section 1), in order for it to look like that, you will have to draw it in the back of the hoodie.
unknown.png
Result:
unknown.png

Colouring in the template: it is as simple as using Paint or any other platform/editor and fill in the template with the colour you want.
Colouring in the cap:
unknown.png
Result:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Colouring in the sleeves:
unknown.png
Result:
unknown.png

Colouring in the body:
unknown.png
unknown.png
^ Different colours for front side and back side.
Result:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Option 2: Either Open File, this leads you to folders of your computer where you can select and upload an existing template, either done by yourself or done by a friend of yours; or Open Folder, which opens up the default folder of your templates in MapleStory 2. Keep in mind you can relocate your images in order to upload them to the game later on.
unknown.png
unknown.png
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 3: Final step:

Once you are satisfied with a design and like how it looks on your character, it's time to actually create the template. The final requirement needed before creating the template is to name your creation, situated on the top right of the Maple Workshop window.
unknown.png
unknown.png

You can also decide the "portrait" of your creation, but not needed. In other words, how the icon of your creation looks, situated at the bottom right of the Maple Workshop window.
unknown.png

By ticking on the "Show Photo Widget", it will allow you to move a camera freely around your character and capture the best positioning for your template.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Click on the camera icon to capture the image for your template icon when you are happy with the result.
unknown.png

Consequently, after the Name has been chosen for your design, the "Create" button will flash up.
unknown.png

And that is how you create a UGC!! :P

Design Shop

Design Shop is a place where players make their own creations/designs and share it with others. In order to obtain another person's design, you will have to pay the Merets required by the seller/designer. Personally, I have only made creations for myself, so I haven't used Design Shop. To make it simple, once you have created a template, you can decide whether or not to upload it to the Design Shop. It's situated at the bottom right of your screen:
unknown.png

This will open up Meret Market. There is a tab for Design Shop and My Shop. Design Shop as aforementioned is the Market where you will be able to find different creations from players in the same server as you, whereas My Shop will be the place where you upload your creations.
Design Shop:
unknown.png
My Shop:
unknown.png

To upload a creation of yours, you will have to click on "List New Item" which will lead you to a new window. You will be able to upload your creation with a Sale Price, Description, Tags etc.
unknown.png

I hope the Guide was useful!! I tried to make myself as clear as possible. Enjoy designing, bring out that inner creativity and share it with everyone in MapleStory 2!! :P