CM Kyrios explains the team's plans moving forward!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45796/

60 hard dungeons way too overtuned

AtrocikusAtrocikus
MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
in Dungeons
I could understand if it were up to mechanics and learning them but when you put 10 packs of thrash mobs that instantly kill you if you go near (tough luck melee) you end up wasting all your revives even before boss. How the hell are we supposed to progress?
grizzlebeel3Wlia

Comments

• GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,025
    Atrocikus wrote: »
    I could understand if it were up to mechanics and learning them but when you put 10 packs of thrash mobs that instantly kill you if you go near (tough luck melee) you end up wasting all your revives even before boss. How the hell are we supposed to progress?

you gotta grab a priest thats an actual healer or a sb that actually know how to use their shields till devs add in potions that don't suck.
    Defraglife
  • KaiieaKaiiea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Forum Moderator
    I do think that they get easier as you get used to the dungeons, but, yeah, priests are your friends!
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,950
    edited 4:20AM June 12, 2019
    Atrocikus wrote: »
    How the hell are we supposed to progress?

In terms of progressing damage I'd suggest to the the vast majority of players that they ignore the new level 60 Hard Dungeons for a while and play the level 50 Hard Dungeons instead until they got their accessories, gemstones and pet done (note: you can buy pets and absolute accessories with decent stats from the BM).

Level 50 Hard Dungeons are incredibly easy to clear nowadays and the damage boost you get from the aforementioned things should be considerably higer than what you get from upgrading one of the new epic weapons to +15. If everyone would be focusing on these things first then there wouldn't be any problem with the new level 60 HDs, at least not in terms of damage.
  • SnowyBugSnowyBug
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    I think the problem is the number of trash mobs - way too many at one time. Our abilities hit, at most, 8 enemies at any given time. That's not very useful when you're staring down 20 of them. It's even less useful when they hit like half a truck.

Also, who's the moron genius who thought it would be a good idea to have mobs spawn on top of you immediately after a loading screen (looking at you Guardian of the Sea)?
    Wlia
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,565
    Well we just need better healing potions and a way to not have so many enemies rush us when our skills hit limited amount of enemies. Also, they indeed do hit like a truck I'm burning too many pots. But like Garlicbread says grab a priest or SB it becomes a lot more bearable. But I would say the trash mobs hp needs to be reduced or our skill dmg % needs to be increased.
    Wlia
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Other than the whale boss invisible wall/weird hit boxes and the mermaid sisters being damage sponges the lv 60 hard dungeons are fine
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    edited 9:24AM June 19, 2019
    Defraglife wrote: »
    I would say the trash mobs hp needs to be reduced

Indeed, they take about 10 times as long to kill as their level 50 counterparts given a comparatively similar level of equipment.
    SomeblackmageWlia
  • PredestinationPredestination
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    hey guys, like I'm not trying to say your complaint is invalid or trying to discredit any legitimate concern. But these dungeons are seriously quite easy to progress through compared to what we were given at launch. I was using the adventurer's set with some accessories from previous era, the progression felt pretty smooth. I think maybe just mix teams around a bit, obviously it'll be difficult if going in with 4 thieves / 4 archers etc.
    Anura_
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,025
    hey guys, like I'm not trying to say your complaint is invalid or trying to discredit any legitimate concern. But these dungeons are seriously quite easy to progress through compared to what we were given at launch. I was using the adventurer's set with some accessories from previous era, the progression felt pretty smooth. I think maybe just mix teams around a bit, obviously it'll be difficult if going in with 4 thieves / 4 archers etc.

My char decked out so i have no problem with the dungeons but a new character or semi new or returners will have a big problem with lv60 dungeons compare to lv50 dungeons both of theses are widely different and lv50s are more soft than the lv60s even with max gems and a full lv60 set you'll die in an instant without a good priest or potions at the lv60 areas hell even legend set users can die fast there
    Defraglife
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,225
    yeah i complained about the mobs being OP too until i equipped the gear I got from the hard dungeons, then they didn't hit as hard obviously because I had more defence. I even wiped a few times when we couldn't find a priest. But it'll get better as you learn it and increase defence, so don't just give up and have a tantrum.
    Also for song of the oracle you don't actually have to kill any mobs to progress to the cave. Just have 1 person on a mount sprint up to croc and lure him back to everyone else, then kill themselves on the far side of the first pool to avoid attracting the mobs also. Then revive and swim into the first pool if croc isn't already close enough. Once you defeat him the mobs will disappear.
    And for guardian of the seas, once alvanos appears next to the boat you don't have to attack the mobs, they'll die when he starts destroying the boat.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    But these dungeons are seriously quite easy to progress through compared to what we were given at launch.

That was because of FF, the mobs in Rune Temple have about 80k HP while taking about 8k damage from an attack that hits once every 0.2 seconds (given a +10 level 50 epic and no gems / accessories / pet). Now with the new skills you are doing like 60k on mobs which have up to and above 10m HP (given a +10 level 60 epic and no gems / accessories / pet). Even if you factor in gems, pets and accessories in regards to the trash mobs there is just no comparison, the bosses are fine for the most part tho.
    Defraglife
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,250
    For ppl who never get decent party AND barely ever get any priest lvl 60 duns are impossible that once again puts WALL on all new players without help and once once again only top guilds and end game geared players profit....just like before this game goes downhill and for me its last nail in coffin.
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,225
    what server do you play on that has no one else to run dungeons with?
  • Xio_lenXio_len
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 315
    1. level up armor and get more max HP
    2. watch out all circles under the feet
    3. have a Priest/ Soul binder in the team.
    you will find it is not that bad after you have done the above 3 points