Learn everything about the Skilled Ally update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/51769/skilled-ally-update-v15

Awakening Showcase Livestreams Dates & Time

CMKyriosCMKyrios
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
Posts: 189
Administrator
in Official News
dfwb2isdl1y21.png

Hi Maplers,

These are the days and times that we'll be showcasing some of the upcoming content with our summer expansion on May 30th. These are all on Wednesday 1 PM PDT to keep it consistent.

Our May 15th showcase will be demonstrating the Awakened skills and abilities of all existing classes.

On May 22nd, we'll take the brand new Striker through some of the new challenges that you'll face as you become stronger.

Finally on May 29th, we'll get a look at the latest story arc of MapleStory 2 against the dangerously corrupted Terrun Callibre party.

Follow our official livestream channel for updates and notifications >> https://www.twitch.tv/playmaple2

Hope to see you there!
EveKitsuneEmpyreonWantSumCandy

Comments

  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    Posts: 457
    Member
    oh so it's not released on the 22nd just a preview?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 189
    Administrator
    oh so it's not released on the 22nd just a preview?

    That's correct. Our summer expansion update is on May 30th at the end of this month.
    ShadowsBenea
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 459
    Member
    There seems to be a little bit of conflicting information here, in the stream he said that the new drops aren't going to be tradable but some of them (the six boss specific ones) said "tradable" so are they going to be tradable like the other dungeon specific drops e.g. Varrekant's Wings or is none of this stuff going to be tradable?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 189
    Administrator
    IllIIl wrote: »
    There seems to be a little bit of conflicting information here, in the stream he said that the new drops aren't going to be tradable but some of them (the six boss specific ones) said "tradable" so are they going to be tradable like the other dungeon specific drops e.g. Varrekant's Wings or is none of this stuff going to be tradable?

    Could you link me to where I said the new boss accessories wouldn't be tradable? Unique level 60 Epic boss accessories will be tradable.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 459
    Member
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    IllIIl wrote: »
    There seems to be a little bit of conflicting information here, in the stream he said that the new drops aren't going to be tradable but some of them (the six boss specific ones) said "tradable" so are they going to be tradable like the other dungeon specific drops e.g. Varrekant's Wings or is none of this stuff going to be tradable?

    Could you link me to where I said the new boss accessories wouldn't be tradable? Unique level 60 Epic boss accessories will be tradable.

    It was stated:

    NXACuddles wrote: »
    With end-game gear being tradeable, we understand the concern that we are allowing players to pay to reach the end-game. However, we assure you that this will not be the case for the new end-game gear that we are planning to release this summer in our next major expansion update.

    But now multiple of the shown items said "tradable", not just the accessoires but in general:

    BMjff4D.png
    uTRXsQK.png

    True, you guys never actually said that level 60 epics / legendaries are not going to be tradable, just that there won't be any ribbons and "end-game gear" would technically be referring to the new ascended stuff. This would also explain the "new players won't have a problem getting the entry requirements for the new content". Still this was anything but obvious and why still have this "can't transfer within account"? Do you want to encourage people to continue to not bother with properly gearing up their alts? Getting a perfect version of a weapon your alt could make good use of knowing that you can't give it to him is just cruel (same thing with your old gear).
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 189
    Administrator
    IllIIl wrote: »
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    IllIIl wrote: »
    There seems to be a little bit of conflicting information here, in the stream he said that the new drops aren't going to be tradable but some of them (the six boss specific ones) said "tradable" so are they going to be tradable like the other dungeon specific drops e.g. Varrekant's Wings or is none of this stuff going to be tradable?

    Could you link me to where I said the new boss accessories wouldn't be tradable? Unique level 60 Epic boss accessories will be tradable.

    It was stated:

    NXACuddles wrote: »
    With end-game gear being tradeable, we understand the concern that we are allowing players to pay to reach the end-game. However, we assure you that this will not be the case for the new end-game gear that we are planning to release this summer in our next major expansion update.

    But now multiple of the shown items said "tradable", not just the accessoires but in general:

    BMjff4D.png
    uTRXsQK.png

    True, you guys never actually said that level 60 epics / legendaries are not going to be tradable, just that there won't be any ribbons and "end-game gear" would technically be referring to the new ascended stuff. This would also explain the "new players won't have a problem getting the entry requirements for the new content". Still this was anything but obvious and why still have this "can't transfer within account"? Do you want to encourage people to continue to not bother with properly gearing up their alts? Getting a perfect version of a weapon your alt could make good use of knowing that you can't give it to him is just cruel (same thing with your old gear).

    Ah, that's what you meant. I explained the moment it was brought up to not take the contents of the livestream verbatim because it's operated on a test server. When you receive those items on the live service, they will be bound immediately (you won't be able to sell them or move them to alt characters).
    IllIIl
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 459
    Member
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    Ah, that's what you meant. I explained the moment it was brought up to not take the contents of the livestream verbatim because it's operated on a test server. When you receive those items on the live service, they will be bound immediately (you won't be able to sell them or move them to alt characters).

    So it's not just end game gear that won't be tradable and out of the non endgame gear some of it will and some of it won't be tradable. Good to know.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 189
    Administrator
    It follows the same structure.

    Unique boss accessories will be tradable and exceptional pets that drop.
    Standard equipment drops will be bound on obtain.
    What's new with this update are epic pets that drop from raids. These cannot be sold to other characters but CAN be moved to your alts. They bind to the character that you decide to equip them on.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 459
    Member
    edited 9:01AM May 26, 2019
    There's another question I have which I haven't seen answered anywhere (at least not that I recall): as the game keeps track of the experience you earn does that mean that someone who already colleced the total amount of EXP requiert for level 70 is going to be level 70 after the update goes live or do you have to collect the required EXP again?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 189
    Administrator
    IllIIl wrote: »
    There's another question I have which I haven't seen answered anywhere (at least not that I recall): as the game keeps track of the experience you earn does that mean that someone who already colleced the total amount of EXP requiert for level 70 is going to be level 70 after the update goes live or do you have to collect the required EXP again?

    These players will start at 60 & 0%. The EXP is tracked for trophy purposes but it's not actively being attributed to the character for sake of leveling up.
    IllIIlDefraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,565
    Posts: 326
    Member
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    IllIIl wrote: »
    There's another question I have which I haven't seen answered anywhere (at least not that I recall): as the game keeps track of the experience you earn does that mean that someone who already colleced the total amount of EXP requiert for level 70 is going to be level 70 after the update goes live or do you have to collect the required EXP again?

    These players will start at 60 & 0%. The EXP is tracked for trophy purposes but it's not actively being attributed to the character for sake of leveling up.

    I like that they are letting the masses pretty much start off almost even. The pros still have their dmg advantages but they let the casual keep up with the content. Casuals just want to have fun and not want to constantly worry about damage and other pro stuff.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 459
    Member
    edited 8:30AM May 27, 2019
    Defraglife wrote: »
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    IllIIl wrote: »
    There's another question I have which I haven't seen answered anywhere (at least not that I recall): as the game keeps track of the experience you earn does that mean that someone who already colleced the total amount of EXP requiert for level 70 is going to be level 70 after the update goes live or do you have to collect the required EXP again?

    These players will start at 60 & 0%. The EXP is tracked for trophy purposes but it's not actively being attributed to the character for sake of leveling up.

    I like that they are letting the masses pretty much start off almost even. The pros still have their dmg advantages but they let the casual keep up with the content. Casuals just want to have fun and not want to constantly worry about damage and other pro stuff.

    That's not going to make a difference, the people who play the game "24/7" will reach the new cap in no time and everyone else is going to catch up shortly afterwards anyways.

    The real question is: how are new players going to catch up when no one is playing level 60 HDs anymore?
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,565
    Posts: 326
    Member
    IllIIl wrote: »
    Defraglife wrote: »
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    IllIIl wrote: »
    There's another question I have which I haven't seen answered anywhere (at least not that I recall): as the game keeps track of the experience you earn does that mean that someone who already colleced the total amount of EXP requiert for level 70 is going to be level 70 after the update goes live or do you have to collect the required EXP again?

    These players will start at 60 & 0%. The EXP is tracked for trophy purposes but it's not actively being attributed to the character for sake of leveling up.

    I like that they are letting the masses pretty much start off almost even. The pros still have their dmg advantages but they let the casual keep up with the content. Casuals just want to have fun and not want to constantly worry about damage and other pro stuff.

    That's not going to make a difference, the people who play the game "24/7" will reach the new cap in no time and everyone else is going to catch up shortly afterwards anyways.

    The real question is: how are new players going to catch up when no one is playing level 60 HDs anymore?

    No lie that worried me about the striker release and future characters. Luckily with striker they giving the level 60 potion and gear buttttttt... they can't do that forever they will need to revamp how the dungeon system works eventually so the game is friendly towards new comers.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 459
    Member
    edited 2:43PM May 29, 2019
    Hopefully when you do this stuff, I imagine with +11 legendaries, you will find that this is going to be a suitable challenge.

    This is going to be unplayable with casual pugs unless you can hard carry by massively overgearing.


    you're enhancements will be lower but your bonus attributes are going to be higher

    So you're not the one to play with casual pugs now are you? Bonus attributes are the one area people neglect the most and you guys are not exactly helping here.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 189
    Administrator
    edited 3:44PM May 29, 2019
    IllIIl wrote: »
    Hopefully when you do this stuff, I imagine with +11 legendaries, you will find that this is going to be a suitable challenge.

    This is going to be unplayable with casual pugs unless you can hard carry by massively overgearing.


    you're enhancements will be lower but your bonus attributes are going to be higher

    So you're not the one to play with casual pugs now are you? Bonus attributes are the one area people neglect the most and you guys are not exactly helping here.

    Then once they upgrade their weapons or armors a little further, it should be manageable. I put Spiderbox, LAMBCOOK, and Zinyden on classes they were completely unfamiliar with, and it was enough to nearly clear with the enhances shown.

    These guys literally had numerous armors on with no offensive lines whatsoever. You guys will do fine with a bit of practice.
    Defraglife
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 459
    Member
    edited 5:00PM May 29, 2019
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    Then once they upgrade their weapons or armors a little further, it should be manageable.

    And here we have the problem, there is no "further upgrading" for the average casual player as they usually don't raid. +11 legendary is generally as far as they go. There is a reason why I see numbers like this

    NwWh6TA.jpg

    on a boss with ~44M HP. And no, I wasn't carrying some frends and I wasn't using +15 legenary gear either. Even the most "undergeared" alt I use for HDs does ~33% of the bosses HP more often than he "should" do.

    I know that I'm going to be fine as long as I'm playing with my friends but the average casual pug? Well R.I.P. them I guess.


    CMKyrios wrote: »
    These guys literally had numerous armors on with no offensive lines whatsoever.

    Sounds like your average casual pug player then.