Learn everything about the Skilled Ally update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/51769/skilled-ally-update-v15

Funniest, most challengning to play

PabPab
MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
in Classes
Hi everyone, I would like your help with something. I've been playing a bit of maple the last few weeks and I have up to 50 almost every classes but I have such a hard time choosing my main between some of them. Classes like assassin or archer and wizard were super boring with the macro or the use of so few skills.

The one I had some fun with were zerk, knight, priest and soul binder. I want to pick a main to investe my time on it, be it on the weapon and armor but on the cosmetics as well. But for that I would like a main that is really fun and challenging to play even when the gameplay of maple is pretty repetitive during fights.

I need your help because after seeing quite a lot of kms2 ( for the awakening spells) I'm wondering if some of the 4 I still have fun with will get super boring, one button pony after the awakening. As well as if some of you have some advices with the "fun part" of these classes.

Thanks for your answers ;)
  1. Which one is the funniest and most challenging to play in your opinion ??7 votes
    1. Zerk
       14% (1 vote)
    2. Knight
       43% (3 votes)
    3. Priest
       29% (2 votes)
    4. Soul Binder
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• SparkleeSparklee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    Forum Moderator
    I did used to main a Runeblade, but that got boring for me personally. So I switched to Knight.
    I also have one of each available character, all at level 60. So out of them all, I really enjoyed Beserker and Knight. So as much as I voted Knight (as they're more useful in chaos dungeons) but either Zerk or Knight is a good choice!
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    edited 6:36PM May 13, 2019
    Pab wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I would like your help with something. I've been playing a bit of maple the last few weeks and I have up to 50 almost every classes but I have such a hard time choosing my main between some of them. Classes like assassin or archer and wizard were super boring with the macro or the use of so few skills.

The one I had some fun with were zerk, knight, priest and soul binder. I want to pick a main to investe my time on it, be it on the weapon and armor but on the cosmetics as well. But for that I would like a main that is really fun and challenging to play even when the gameplay of maple is pretty repetitive during fights.

I need your help because after seeing quite a lot of kms2 ( for the awakening spells) I'm wondering if some of the 4 I still have fun with will get super boring, one button pony after the awakening. As well as if some of you have some advices with the "fun part" of these classes.

Thanks for your answers ;)

It's truly a matter of preference. Soulbinder for me has always been the most fun even on KMS2 because their entire kit can be utilized to do damage while still having decent mobility and the ability to somewhat support the party if need be. I have just found over the years of playing MMOS I prefer classes that are not just one button classes or one combo only classes(for the most part), but you are able to perform said combos and they always feel cohesive even if the sequence is difference. Right now for me Soulbinder feels like the only class that is really entertaining to play.

Knight and Priest carry a bit more responsibility when you are in a party, so in a sense, they are more 'challenging' to play and require you to at least focus to some degree otherwise you can potentially cause a wipe. So if you like the idea of adding a higher level of accountability into the mix of your play time, then either of these might be fun for you. Zerk similar to Runeblader is very much a one trick pony, however if you prefer having a very minimalist class in the sense of combo's then I would highly recommend this one, however just keep in mind your mobility is meh at best which is what adds the element of difficulty to the class.

Now if you want to talk about cosmetics, then hands down Knight and Beserker are on the much better end of the spectrum due to the fact their weapons are larger.Even with the limited customization options in the UGC shop, you can really come up with some very unique designs. Every other class in my opinion minus Runeblader and MAYBE Soulbinder don't really have much going for them right now for weapon costumes.

If I had to give my vote and narrow your list down, I would probably say Zerk for Melee or Priest if you want to go the magic route, as much as you say you don't like macro classes, you still put zerk in your list of what you liked, which gives me the indication you might be like me where you don't mind 'one trick pony' classes as long as it has some kind of fun element to it.

The main thing with this game you are going to have to keep in mind is that it is nothing but a PVE treadmill until further notice, so I would highly encourage you to play something that you get overall enjoyment out of. Trust me, with the way they chose to design PvE with weekly and daily caps, there is a real sense where you feel like there is nothing to do after you are done and throwing a class you don't enjoy into the equation is going to hurt your experience even more.
    Pab
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,715
    STRIKERRRRRRRRRRRRR