Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop

Epic Pets and Meso Sink Reduction

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 69,130
Posts: 515
Administrator
edited 7:32PM March 14, 2019 in Project New Leaf
epic-pets-and-meso-sink-forum.png

Dear Maplers,

Now that we’ve explored the Meso Market, it’s time we dive into the other changes we’re looking to make with the Economy Improvements Update (tentative date: March 28th).

Today’s blog will cover:
  • Epic Pets
  • Meso Sink Reduction

To rehash what we currently have planned, here’s the remaining changes currently scheduled with Project New Leaf.

Progression Improvement Update: Tentatively April 25th
  • Enchanting
  • Gemstone Upgrades
  • Accessory Socket Opening
  • Gemstone Resource Gathering
  • ...and more.

Without further ado, let’s jump right in.

Epic Pets

For a lot of players in MapleStory 2, owning an Epic Pet has been an elusive dream. Epic Pets are extremely rare, and rightfully so given the benefits they can have. Epic Pets were originally reserved for those players who were lucky enough to find one, so they could hold their heads high after completing an impressive feat in the game. We don’t want to change this dynamic, but we understand how sour one can feel when you’ve captured countless pets without finding an Epic Pet.

As such, we will be increasing the capture rate of Epic Pets by six-fold with our next update. This means it will be 6 times more likely that you  will catch an Epic Pet when you put down any grade of Snares.

We feel that this increase will still reserve the rarity of Epic Pets, but also make finding one considerably less onerous for determined players.

For those wondering about other ways to improve the odds of capturing an Epic Pet, we definitely recommend using Dryad G3 Snare on red-metered pets at minimum, because this will offer you the highest chance of capturing one. The capture rate for an Epic Pet increases by about 250% per grade (G1 / G2 / G3) and about 200% per pet meter (green / yellow / red). This means you have about a 2500% better chance at finding an Epic Pet with G3 Snare on red-metered pets compared to G1 Snares on green-metered pets.

Meso Sink Reduction

Based on our survey and the feedback we gathered, the cost of mesos within certain systems has been a common pain point, as this became a wall preventing some players from progressing further. With all the changes we are planning to make through Project New Leaf, we decided to re-examine the economic effects of these systems and look for ways we can ease the burden caused by meso cost.

To do this right, we’ve decided to bring these adjustments in two phases, with the first part coming in the Economy Improvements Update, and the second part reserved for the Progression Improvement Update. At this time, we are focusing our changes to systems with repeated mesos costs that have been daunting for many players, so that these systems can become more accessible.

For the first iteration of the Meso Sink Reduction, we will be permanently adjusting the meso costs for the following systems:
  • Change Attributes for Legendary Gear meso cost reduced by upto 80%
  • Accessory Fragment Fusion meso cost reduced by 90%

Legendary Gear

Currently, Legendary Gear (Headgear / Top / Bottom / Gloves / Shoes) requires 2,000 Crystal Fragments on the first attempt at changing its attributes. This cost will be reduced to 400 Crystal Fragments. Further attempts will also cost less, with each attempt increasing by a flat 400 Crystal Fragments per attempt (800, then 1,200, then 1,600 and so on), instead of increasing exponentially (by ~25%) with each attempt. As an example, the 5th attempt going forward will cost you 2,000 Crystal Fragments, down from 4,880 Crystal Fragments.

Accessory Fragment Fusion

All Accessory Fragment Fusion costs will be reduced by 90%. As an example, Epic Accessory Fragments Fusion cost will be set to 50,000 mesos, down from 500,000 mesos. Legendary Accessory Fragment Fusion costs will be reduced to 100,000 mesos, down from 1,000,000 mesos.

Please note that these are permanent changes that not only affect current equipment, but future gear will also be set with the same mindset as above.

This is the first phase of Meso Sink Reduction. We will have the second phase of Meso Sink Reduction combined with the Progression Improvement Update and are already discussing internally. We think this will be the right method, given the level of changes we are planning to make.

We kindly ask that the discussions in the threads above be focused on the information shared in today’s blog. We’d love to hear your honest opinion so that we can improve MapleStory 2 together. As always, thank you for being patient with us and for being a part of Project New Leaf!

See you in game,
LAMBCOOK
ToxsideDefraglifeNovuhzsupermikyKalinaArchdruidMeso_Man

Comments

  • MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,650
    Posts: 103
    Member
    This will definitely drive down the price of epic pets and equipment on the BM and help newer players obtain their own. I just wish there were additional meso gain methods in conjunction with this update.
    Defraglife
  • shonriishonrii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,055
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited 9:12PM March 14, 2019
    OMG yes!!!!! Two things come to mind right now though:
    - Housing prices
    - Gemstone unsocketing costs

    Seems like unsocketing costs will probably get addressed in the progression update, but the housing prices are something that could be addressed right away. The plots used to be very empty before the 90% off sale. Maybe that's too cheap? but it feels like the open world will be empty of houses again when those contracts expire.

    Edit:
    Music sheets as well. My wife and her friends like to play music a lot and they are always complaining about the cost of music sheets (i.e. advanced music sheets cost 250k for 10 plays). This seems a bit extreme. Maybe increase the play count or reduce the cost?
    MaloyXtony
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    This will definitely drive down the price of epic pets and equipment on the BM and help newer players obtain their own. I just wish there were additional meso gain methods in conjunction with this update.

    potion solvent just tripled in NAE so that def won't drive the epic pet price down LOL
  • ZeikorZeikor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    Posts: 7
    Member
    What about talent change for pet costs? and besides you make this patch so late you lost lots of players because of bots / mesos buyers why are you so slow?
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    I don't get y ur catering to lazy people nexon. The biggest problem specifically speaking of epic pet is the rng, it can vary massively between each person along with the meso sink on candies limiting new players from catching their own. Like there is such thing as a poor new player nowadays doe. Idk the full version of kms2 pet system, as the english translation on the stream for the most recent patch is omegalulz, but I did see 80 blue pets fuse into an epic pet. That should where the direction should go, removing the amount of randomness of catching one and given a guarantee method, but not at the cost of reducing the effort require for one. Now you're only benefiting bots right now, they hold the most amount of potion solvents, prior to this post the demand for solvents weren't high cuz not a lot of people wants to deal with the massive randomness, the biggest meso sink becomes pet candies which limits new players on two of these factors. Now with chances being 6 fold, meaning less candies and less snares required with candies being at the npc of a static 1k a piece, and bots controlling the last piece potion solvents, this really doesn't solve anything. I know the post just came out and there could be a spike and market might stabilize, but I really really doubt it, bots pretty much control 100percent of the potion solvent market, no1 actually legitimately farms for solvents, even if its real players they are real player bots buying a 3rd party script. And god forbid no clue y they can bot for a whole month and a half straight and have nothing happen to their account when you claim to be banning so many god dam accounts omegalulz. With the high jack demand on catching an epic pet on their own, and meret market announced, 0 reason for bots to lower solvent price.
    Drandel
  • DrandelDrandel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 42
    Member
    faceface wrote: »
    I don't get y ur catering to lazy people nexon. The biggest problem specifically speaking of epic pet is the rng, it can vary massively between each person along with the meso sink on candies limiting new players from catching their own. Like there is such thing as a poor new player nowadays doe. Idk the full version of kms2 pet system, as the english translation on the stream for the most recent patch is omegalulz, but I did see 80 blue pets fuse into an epic pet. That should where the direction should go, removing the amount of randomness of catching one and given a guarantee method, but not at the cost of reducing the effort require for one. Now you're only benefiting bots right now, they hold the most amount of potion solvents, prior to this post the demand for solvents weren't high cuz not a lot of people wants to deal with the massive randomness, the biggest meso sink becomes pet candies which limits new players on two of these factors. Now with chances being 6 fold, meaning less candies and less snares required with candies being at the npc of a static 1k a piece, and bots controlling the last piece potion solvents, this really doesn't solve anything. I know the post just came out and there could be a spike and market might stabilize, but I really really doubt it, bots pretty much control 100percent of the potion solvent market, no1 actually legitimately farms for solvents, even if its real players they are real player bots buying a 3rd party script. And god forbid no clue y they can bot for a whole month and a half straight and have nothing happen to their account when you claim to be banning so many god dam accounts omegalulz. With the high jack demand on catching an epic pet on their own, and meret market announced, 0 reason for bots to lower solvent price.

    Now that you mention the bots, having the chance of catching epic pets doesn't sound as good of an idea. It also reminded me of a recent video of KMS2 where they introduced pet fusion (where you combine pets to create a pet of higher grade). I think that it might be a better idea to introduce this instead. This means the lucky people can flex, and the 'unlucky' people can still know that they can still progress because of the 'grind' method.
  • PeepPeep
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 126
    Member
    edited 3:27AM March 15, 2019
    faceface wrote: »
    I don't get y ur catering to lazy people nexon. The biggest problem specifically speaking of epic pet is the rng, it can vary massively between each person along with the meso sink on candies limiting new players from catching their own. Like there is such thing as a poor new player nowadays doe. Idk the full version of kms2 pet system, as the english translation on the stream for the most recent patch is omegalulz, but I did see 80 blue pets fuse into an epic pet. That should where the direction should go, removing the amount of randomness of catching one and given a guarantee method, but not at the cost of reducing the effort require for one. Now you're only benefiting bots right now, they hold the most amount of potion solvents, prior to this post the demand for solvents weren't high cuz not a lot of people wants to deal with the massive randomness, the biggest meso sink becomes pet candies which limits new players on two of these factors. Now with chances being 6 fold, meaning less candies and less snares required with candies being at the npc of a static 1k a piece, and bots controlling the last piece potion solvents, this really doesn't solve anything. I know the post just came out and there could be a spike and market might stabilize, but I really really doubt it, bots pretty much control 100percent of the potion solvent market, no1 actually legitimately farms for solvents, even if its real players they are real player bots buying a 3rd party script. And god forbid no clue y they can bot for a whole month and a half straight and have nothing happen to their account when you claim to be banning so many god dam accounts omegalulz. With the high jack demand on catching an epic pet on their own, and meret market announced, 0 reason for bots to lower solvent price.

    Catering to lazy people? What? No they aren't. People who aren't willing to put in the hard grind are the lazy people. I'm one of the people who caught my own epic pet. I can say I was probably a little luckier than most catching mine in around 3k+ snares. Some people took upwards to 8-10k+. I also grinded my own potion solvents and still will even after they make this change.

    Just so you know they will be adding the pet fusion thing in the future. No time given yet but it will be coming.

    RljWVw6.jpg
    shonrii wrote: »
    OMG yes!!!!! Two things come to mind right now though:
    - Housing prices

    Seebut the housing prices are something that could be addressed right away. The plots used to be very empty before the 90% off sale. Maybe that's too cheap? but it feels like the open world will be empty of houses again when those contracts expire.

    I think they should make the 90% reduction permanent. The current costs are way too high.
    ArurauneMaloy
  • NoxilNoxil
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    Posts: 12
    Member

    ATTENTION NEXON
    offtopic; but can you rework the way re-roll scrolls work??

    If you spam click, if would be nice if it kept the current stats, not apply the new stats...

    I've known so many people who've accidentally re-rolled over really good stats because of this flawed design....


    PLEASE FIX ASAP !!! <3

    - Vote up too ples
  • supermikysupermiky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,895
    Posts: 196
    Member
    faceface wrote: »
    I don't get y ur catering to lazy people nexon. The biggest problem specifically speaking of epic pet is the rng, it can vary massively between each person along with the meso sink on candies limiting new players from catching their own. Like there is such thing as a poor new player nowadays doe. Idk the full version of kms2 pet system, as the english translation on the stream for the most recent patch is omegalulz, but I did see 80 blue pets fuse into an epic pet. That should where the direction should go, removing the amount of randomness of catching one and given a guarantee method, but not at the cost of reducing the effort require for one. Now you're only benefiting bots right now, they hold the most amount of potion solvents, prior to this post the demand for solvents weren't high cuz not a lot of people wants to deal with the massive randomness, the biggest meso sink becomes pet candies which limits new players on two of these factors. Now with chances being 6 fold, meaning less candies and less snares required with candies being at the npc of a static 1k a piece, and bots controlling the last piece potion solvents, this really doesn't solve anything. I know the post just came out and there could be a spike and market might stabilize, but I really really doubt it, bots pretty much control 100percent of the potion solvent market, no1 actually legitimately farms for solvents, even if its real players they are real player bots buying a 3rd party script. And god forbid no clue y they can bot for a whole month and a half straight and have nothing happen to their account when you claim to be banning so many god dam accounts omegalulz. With the high jack demand on catching an epic pet on their own, and meret market announced, 0 reason for bots to lower solvent price.


    What the hell? You are the one who is complaining. If you don't like this game, then you do not have to be making this post. I'm sorry but I believe you're the one being lazy. They are still trying to do good changes, and yet you complain....

    Look at Reddit, the same post on /r/Maplestory2 has 81 upvotes due to this new change.

    Also, in KMS2, they finally introduced legendary pets to game. Since the drop rate of epic pets in this game is going to be increased, it's likely we'll be able to see legendary pets. (I am referring to those with 5 stars)
    Maloy
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,730
    Posts: 368
    Member
    Changes that should have been in the game since day one instead of pretending everything is fine until 80% of the player base quits
    Ull
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    supermiky wrote: »
    faceface wrote: »
    I don't get y ur catering to lazy people nexon. The biggest problem specifically speaking of epic pet is the rng, it can vary massively between each person along with the meso sink on candies limiting new players from catching their own. Like there is such thing as a poor new player nowadays doe. Idk the full version of kms2 pet system, as the english translation on the stream for the most recent patch is omegalulz, but I did see 80 blue pets fuse into an epic pet. That should where the direction should go, removing the amount of randomness of catching one and given a guarantee method, but not at the cost of reducing the effort require for one. Now you're only benefiting bots right now, they hold the most amount of potion solvents, prior to this post the demand for solvents weren't high cuz not a lot of people wants to deal with the massive randomness, the biggest meso sink becomes pet candies which limits new players on two of these factors. Now with chances being 6 fold, meaning less candies and less snares required with candies being at the npc of a static 1k a piece, and bots controlling the last piece potion solvents, this really doesn't solve anything. I know the post just came out and there could be a spike and market might stabilize, but I really really doubt it, bots pretty much control 100percent of the potion solvent market, no1 actually legitimately farms for solvents, even if its real players they are real player bots buying a 3rd party script. And god forbid no clue y they can bot for a whole month and a half straight and have nothing happen to their account when you claim to be banning so many god dam accounts omegalulz. With the high jack demand on catching an epic pet on their own, and meret market announced, 0 reason for bots to lower solvent price.


    What the hell? You are the one who is complaining. If you don't like this game, then you do not have to be making this post. I'm sorry but I believe you're the one being lazy. They are still trying to do good changes, and yet you complain....

    Look at Reddit, the same post on /r/Maplestory2 has 81 upvotes due to this new change.

    Also, in KMS2, they finally introduced legendary pets to game. Since the drop rate of epic pets in this game is going to be increased, it's likely we'll be able to see legendary pets. (I am referring to those with 5 stars)

    so 81 lazy people that upvoted make this change good? Lol i sticked to this game since launch and ur talking sh.it here? LOL i caught 9 epic pets myself please who is the lazy one here?
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Drandel wrote: »
    faceface wrote: »
    I don't get y ur catering to lazy people nexon. The biggest problem specifically speaking of epic pet is the rng, it can vary massively between each person along with the meso sink on candies limiting new players from catching their own. Like there is such thing as a poor new player nowadays doe. Idk the full version of kms2 pet system, as the english translation on the stream for the most recent patch is omegalulz, but I did see 80 blue pets fuse into an epic pet. That should where the direction should go, removing the amount of randomness of catching one and given a guarantee method, but not at the cost of reducing the effort require for one. Now you're only benefiting bots right now, they hold the most amount of potion solvents, prior to this post the demand for solvents weren't high cuz not a lot of people wants to deal with the massive randomness, the biggest meso sink becomes pet candies which limits new players on two of these factors. Now with chances being 6 fold, meaning less candies and less snares required with candies being at the npc of a static 1k a piece, and bots controlling the last piece potion solvents, this really doesn't solve anything. I know the post just came out and there could be a spike and market might stabilize, but I really really doubt it, bots pretty much control 100percent of the potion solvent market, no1 actually legitimately farms for solvents, even if its real players they are real player bots buying a 3rd party script. And god forbid no clue y they can bot for a whole month and a half straight and have nothing happen to their account when you claim to be banning so many god dam accounts omegalulz. With the high jack demand on catching an epic pet on their own, and meret market announced, 0 reason for bots to lower solvent price.

    Now that you mention the bots, having the chance of catching epic pets doesn't sound as good of an idea. It also reminded me of a recent video of KMS2 where they introduced pet fusion (where you combine pets to create a pet of higher grade). I think that it might be a better idea to introduce this instead. This means the lucky people can flex, and the 'unlucky' people can still know that they can still progress because of the 'grind' method.

    exactly, and moron's like them don't see the problem.
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    edited 9:33AM March 15, 2019
    Let me spew out some math, I can only speak for NAE, the pet solvent price were 2k to 2.5k a piece, lets assume u are very unlucky and took 10k pet snares, 2.5k solvents +1k crafting fee is 3.5k, 10k g3 is 35m. I've caught so many pets, it takes about 10k candies to catch 1k pets, 200 more or less negligible. That means at 10k pets you need 100k pet candies which is 100m, add on to the 35m that's 135m upfront for an epic pet. If we assume all white pets, you can sell 10k ea at reset, that's 92m returns after tax after selling ur 9999 white pet, epic pet at the bare min were about 180m at some point, that's a guarentee profit if u put in the effort, and that's wut I've been saying about epic pets, yes it's random but the value and price point is high enuf that the randomness don't really matter. And 10k pet snares, that's pretty extreme most people don't take that much and also why catching epic pet is so popular for end game players because we know it is 100percent a profit even at the shi.ttest rng granted godly rolled pets go for way more. Now you can't catch 10k pets a day, but lets say you can, you won't be able to sell that many, the returns aren't immedately, you would have to hold them through mail, this is what I'm talking about gating the new players, the 135m payment up front is unrealistic not the rng, while the rng factor may be unfair and i'll agree on that, but making it 6x easier should not be the solution, but instead removing the rng, and removing the .ed meso sink requried. It only shows nexon's lazyness and player's lazyness just like the effect of ribbon. Cpap rdy rb in 3 days lmao not even lvl 60 yet.
  • ArurauneAruraune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,055
    Posts: 179
    Member
    edited 10:47AM March 15, 2019
    faceface wrote: »
    but making it 6x easier should not be the solution

    Except that's not a final solution and as posted earlier in the thread they're going to add the rarity upgrade mechanic later.

    So, let's review your point . . .
    Conclusion: You're just impatient and too lazy to read.
  • UllUll
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,545
    Posts: 75
    Member
    edited 11:39AM March 15, 2019
    Aruraune wrote: »
    faceface wrote: »
    but making it 6x easier should not be the solution

    Except that's not a final solution and as posted earlier in the thread they're going to add the rarity upgrade mechanic later.

    So, let's review your point . . .
    Conclusion: You're just impatient and too lazy to read.

    Is it just me or did they only skip adding rarity upgrade/go with 6x catch rate increase instead because adding rarity upgrade mechanic now would require effort on nexon's part and that's not what theyre about (when a dev can just change a few numbers to increase catch rates), instead opting to just add it to the game with the corresponding KMS2 update a few months from now to further minimize the effort required on nexon's part

    lazy nexon gonna be lazy
  • ArurauneAruraune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,055
    Posts: 179
    Member
    Ull wrote: »
    because adding rarity upgrade mechanic now

    Afaik the pet upgrade is already in-game and showing in-game as you posted here:
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45179/blue-pet-evolution-new-in-game-showing-0-100

    Not sure since you didn't make it explicit, but assuming it was already in-game then hidden, no, laziness doesn't seem to be the case.

    This line also hints at the same issue:
    "We feel that this increase will still reserve the rarity of Epic Pets, but also make finding one considerably less onerous for determined players."

    They could revisit the topic on the next progression update. Think about it, it's better to add this as a transition to reduce rarity of epic pets than to basically give epic pets "for free" everywhere.
  • DrandelDrandel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 42
    Member
    "Catering to the lazy people"
    I would say this all comes down to why you play MS2. If people are lazy and don't want to grind, then maybe they should go play some other game without as much grinding? Also, the other reason for this 'laziness' could be because they don't have a sense of progression whenever they DO catch pets. This could mean that they are less likely and BECOME 'lazy' as they think it's not worth their time, even though they may have a subconscious thought that they WILL catch one within the next few tries.
    Also, people may not have enough time to grind nor play the game, so this leads back to why you play MS2 in the first place.

    If what you said is correct @faceface then having the 6x increase in catching epic pets isn't worthwhile because (you claimed) the profit is reduced for catching your their own pets. This could mean people are less likely to put in the effort to catch pets, or could this not matter to them since the goal is to get an epic pet not necessarily make a profit?

    Essentially bots could be ruining the economy so any changes regarding mesos could be affected by them.
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    edited 4:59PM March 15, 2019
    Drandel wrote: »
    "Catering to the lazy people"
    I would say this all comes down to why you play MS2. If people are lazy and don't want to grind, then maybe they should go play some other game without as much grinding? Also, the other reason for this 'laziness' could be because they don't have a sense of progression whenever they DO catch pets. This could mean that they are less likely and BECOME 'lazy' as they think it's not worth their time, even though they may have a subconscious thought that they WILL catch one within the next few tries.
    Also, people may not have enough time to grind nor play the game, so this leads back to why you play MS2 in the first place.

    If what you said is correct @faceface then having the 6x increase in catching epic pets isn't worthwhile because (you claimed) the profit is reduced for catching your their own pets. This could mean people are less likely to put in the effort to catch pets, or could this not matter to them since the goal is to get an epic pet not necessarily make a profit?

    Essentially bots could be ruining the economy so any changes regarding mesos could be affected by them.

    When was MS2 advertise as a lazy people game? I mean no mmorpg are "lazy", its a matter of less or more hardcore. Now every mmorpg, there will always be hardcore content and less hardcore content. And then I don't understand the rest of your post. I never claim of less profit, I think your misunderstanding.
    Aruraune wrote: »
    Ull wrote: »
    because adding rarity upgrade mechanic now

    Afaik the pet upgrade is already in-game and showing in-game as you posted here:
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45179/blue-pet-evolution-new-in-game-showing-0-100

    Not sure since you didn't make it explicit, but assuming it was already in-game then hidden, no, laziness doesn't seem to be the case.

    This line also hints at the same issue:
    "We feel that this increase will still reserve the rarity of Epic Pets, but also make finding one considerably less onerous for determined players."

    They could revisit the topic on the next progression update. Think about it, it's better to add this as a transition to reduce rarity of epic pets than to basically give epic pets "for free" everywhere.

    I like I stated before, regardless of what item, endgame item should be something people have to work for, epic pet at our current state is endgame and a critical piece of the dps puzzle. If you ever caught an epic pet before, 6x the chance of epic pet is pretty much giving it out for free, with the bots farming pet spawns at lab, u'll be catching one within an hour. That's what I'm talking about catering to lazy people, yes the rng sucks, but granted you 99percent of the people betching on the forum isn't hating on the rng, but the fact that it could take thousands of pet snare to get their first jackpot. There's also a handful of new players that can't afford the pet candies. The math analysis was only an insight on profit concept of epic pet, and if you do have the meso upfront in the sink there's 0 reason for you to not catch your own instead of spending 180m for a trash 3 line and reroll. All it shows is lazy, but still wants endgame item. I'm not suggesting an exact copy of kms2 system, I'm saying they should get rid of rng and the meso sink offering a bad luck fail safe for people that put in the time, not making sh.it a face roll like increasing the catch rate by 6x. Cuz for some reason every whiner comes on forum saying their casual yet cares about have perfect gears, and can't suck it up that they need to spend 1 hour every day for 2 weeks instead of a hardcore player that spends 10 hour a day and catches ones a couple of days earlier. Cuz Idk ya'll get so upset falling a few days behind when you put in less time.
  • ArurauneAruraune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,055
    Posts: 179
    Member
    edited 5:57PM March 15, 2019
    faceface wrote: »
    I like I stated before, regardless of what item, endgame item should be something people have to work for

    And that's why they're increasing the chance rather than making the system to give them for free?
    faceface wrote: »
    epic pet at our current state is endgame and a critical piece of the dps puzzle. If you ever caught an epic pet before, 6x the chance of epic pet is pretty much giving it out for free

    I did catch 3, two of them at a low amount of snares and one after 3k. As someone said on reddit you'd need to catch around 400-500 pets for an epic and that doesn't mean you'll actually get one.
    faceface wrote: »
    with the bots farming pet spawns at lab, u'll be catching one within an hour.

    No bots there on my server, so, dunno what you're on about. Although that can happen and on the same topic I suggested to increase spawn rate for pets on alternative maps. You shouldn't be spending more time killing monsters than actually farming pets.
    faceface wrote: »
    That's what I'm talking about catering to lazy people, yes the rng sucks, but granted you 99percent of the people betching on the forum isn't hating on the rng, but the fact that it could take thousands of pet snare to get their first jackpot.

    They're complaining about the lack of progression and loss of time. You can farm pets for a whole day and get nothing in return. On my server Normal Pets are cheaper than the cost of buying or making snares, if you try to sell all your normal pets you most likely wouldn't make even half of the investment.
    faceface wrote: »
    There's also a handful of new players that can't afford the pet candies.

    And this change helps them until the other progression changes, including the new system that upgrades pet rarity.
    faceface wrote: »
    The math analysis was only an insight on profit concept of epic pet, and if you do have the meso upfront in the sink there's 0 reason for you to not catch your own instead of spending 180m for a trash 3 line and reroll.

    Agreed. If you somehow manage to apply your math to all servers considering the economy and actual meso value of each one you'd probably reach to the same conclusion: It's better to catch your own pet.

    But you still can fall into the unlucky end, which the current update address, which is nice.
    faceface wrote: »
    All it shows is lazy, but still wants endgame item.

    You're not lazy when you're by far worse than the average. Someone who'd go around to catch about 300-500 pets in a single day trying to get an epic wouldn't be lazy. You don't need to punish them for having bad luck and the actual lazy people will buy pets in market when the price goes down, which is also a nice thing along with meso sink reductions.
    faceface wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting an exact copy of kms2 system, I'm saying they should get rid of rng

    They already said it, in the future, wait for next patches.
    faceface wrote: »
    and the meso sink

    Which the current update addresses.
    faceface wrote: »
    offering a bad luck fail safe

    Next update.
    faceface wrote: »
    for people that put in the time

    And the current update respects more the time of each person.
    faceface wrote: »
    not making sh.it a face roll like increasing the catch rate by 6x.

    Actually, if you think about it this is pretty nice already. Let's consider they don't want to let us have epic pets with extra effects, that means you'd need to get 80 blue pets of the same. This system alone would be way more costly and take way more time from the player compared to the 6x rate applied now.
    faceface wrote: »
    Cuz for some reason every whiner comes on forum saying their casual yet cares about have perfect gears

    Epic Pet doesn't mean perfect gear. There are still stats and all.
    faceface wrote: »
    and can't suck it up that they need to spend 1 hour every day for 2 weeks instead of a hardcore player that spends 10 hour a day and catches ones a couple of days earlier.

    RNG is not effort. The fail safe is already said to come later.
    faceface wrote: »
    Cuz Idk ya'll get so upset falling a few days behind when you put in less time.

    Oh, the troll decided to finish it with a generalization. /shrugs
  • dothedudothedu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 470
    Posts: 10
    Member
    You guys should change the Lapis Master Snare to have higher chance of capturing an epic pet than a G3 snare. It's more rare to obtain and you cannot craft it.