Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

Are ribbons really that great?

SomeRandomGuySomeRandomGuy
Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
Posts: 6
Member
in General Chat
I have 156 now and uhm didnt manage to sell anything (not even pruple leg stuff).
Most players i interacted with dont wanna trade epic gear or dont have epic gear with purple stats to trade that i need. Ppl spamming weapons in chat but only few get sold (i say that cuz i keep seeing same weapons over and over).

All in all ribbons arent that great from my point of view.
Maybe allow alt-trading?
And fix 1 hand cost?

Comments

  • ÄrtÄrt
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,370
    Posts: 196
    Member
    edited 4:50PM March 9, 2019
    Sell leg weapons, half decent stats for zerk or wiz is easy 70m++. Don't bother with epics unless you have really good acc's to sell.
  • ExorineExorine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    Posts: 33
    Member
    edited 12:25PM March 10, 2019
    Poor lad! You seem to have a misconception about what Trader's Ribbons' true purpose is! Nexon wants you to believe that they are designed to fast track the progression of all the suckers who knew better than to grind dungeons till their hands fell off, but the truth of the matter is that no one wants to use ribbons on major garbage like epic weapons when people are paying through the nose just for legendary weapon fodder! It definitely goes without saying, all of the players armed to the teeth with alts will appreciate this as well, as it allows them to gear their characters to the point where they can at least join hard dungeons and not be "that guy."

    Let me just break it down for you, nice and simple. If you are honestly trying to make money with ribbons, then there are some very simple rules to follow.

    Epic accessories MUST have high demand stats. Don't even think that earring you have will sell unless it has piercing on it. And even then, in most scenarios it needs to be Piercing/Boss damage (generalist) Piercing/melee, piercing/ranged, piercing/critical damage (assassin), or piercing/attack speed (heavy gunner). Let me just warn you right now, your accessory with elemental damage isn't gonna sell, pal.

    Your totally-bonkers-off-the-chain epic weapon with flawless stats isn't selling, pal. No one will pay for ANY epic weapon when ANY legendary weapon, even the crappiest piece of fodder, will outclass the perfect epic weapon that you just found.
    HaliSneebes
  • BaronLovattBaronLovatt
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Post: 1
    Member
    I mean.... I've been gone for a few months, but I kept an eye on some updates. When they announced the ribbons, my first gut reaction was "hm, I could trade gear to my alts by having 2 PC's [which I can just use my wifes] and trading them from my main account, to an alt, then back to my main. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on more often than not.

    Outside of that, by the time ribbons came out, I'd had most classes I was interested in leveled, and modestly geared. Seeing as meso are only there to "power gear" your character, I never cared for any potential of selling loot via ribbons.

    So in the end, ribbons really wouldn't have changed anything, had I continued playing. I may find some use if they ever release striker before the game fades into obscurity, but only time will tell.
  • SlimefaceSlimeface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 106
    Member
    Unless you can sell in the first month ribbons come out, this only benefits elite players, giving them billions of mesos and permanently damaging the market due to inequality.
    Sneebes
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 261
    Member
    Honestly if a lot of stuff wasn't overpriced out of the average players range more things would be purchased. The bm is full of good things but the prices are crazy. How do u expect a new person or a person not buying mesos to buy something for 50million and up to 500 million mesos.
    SlimefaceSneebes
  • ExorineExorine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    Posts: 33
    Member
    edited 7:09PM March 13, 2019
    If a new player is trying to 3 socket accessories for their own personal use, it is reasonably likely they may obtain "sellable" accessories in the process. The worst case scenario is that they can just change attributes on a whole bunch of accessories until they get something sellable.

    The truth of the matter is that you might be able to make more money per ribbon by selling epic accessories as opposed to legendary weapons.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,365
    Posts: 356
    Member
    The problem with ribbons is that its the same as everything else in the game.

    You need good rng to make use of ribbons. wanna make money catching pets? good rng. make money selling Named dungeon drops? Good rng.

    New players need a way of making consistent meso thats not reliant on RNG, nor slow as heck... and doesn't eat up their most precious resource to catch up: Chaos Onyx!

    Currently the game is p2w in reverse. Normally games make you spend money on rolling using cash items.... right now we're rolling for a way to make meso that's not completely garbage.

    I just wanna grind progress at a reasonable rate thats not based on luck. :[
  • ExorineExorine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    Posts: 33
    Member
    edited 11:32PM March 13, 2019
    It's almost like mesos are tokens used to bypass random aspects in the game at the player's own discretion!

    Can you imagine if there was a consistent method to make 10 million mesos per hour? I don't think you want to see what happens next.
    Novuhz
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 261
    Member
    Exorine wrote: »
    It's almost like mesos are tokens used to bypass random aspects in the game at the player's own discretion!

    Can you imagine if there was a consistent method to make 10 million mesos per hour? I don't think you want to see what happens next.

    But that's the problem lol. It should be a method of making mesos by grinding like any other mmo and the amount you make per hour doesn't need to be that high (10 mill a hour lol) I think your overplaying this as no one is asking for it to be that high. If anything that's going to be the gold sellers rate vac hacking and ruining the game. Most games even ms1 have good grinding farming maps where you can gain decent rate exp maybe 5% an hour at level 210+ and gain 750k - 1 mill an hour. I would be fine with that. There just needs to be a balance a better alternative to make mesos in game legit after you finish get rich dailies since bm is over saturated with over priced items. And most stuff they selling in bm isn't anything that special.
  • ExorineExorine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    Posts: 33
    Member
    It's really irrelevant exactly how many more mesos people are able to make due to some new update. The outcome is the same.

    You want more profitable methods of farming in the game that EVERYBODY can access, but no matter how much you want this, and no matter how it is implemented, it will have an affect on every non-trivial method of making money and prices of the products obtained by those methods.

    It's important to remember that at the end of the day mesos are just tokens. They aren't useful items like catalysts.
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    Posts: 99
    Member
    edited 7:22AM March 14, 2019
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Exorine wrote: »
    It's almost like mesos are tokens used to bypass random aspects in the game at the player's own discretion!

    Can you imagine if there was a consistent method to make 10 million mesos per hour? I don't think you want to see what happens next.

    But that's the problem lol. It should be a method of making mesos by grinding like any other mmo and the amount you make per hour doesn't need to be that high (10 mill a hour lol) I think your overplaying this as no one is asking for it to be that high. If anything that's going to be the gold sellers rate vac hacking and ruining the game. Most games even ms1 have good grinding farming maps where you can gain decent rate exp maybe 5% an hour at level 210+ and gain 750k - 1 mill an hour. I would be fine with that. There just needs to be a balance a better alternative to make mesos in game legit after you finish get rich dailies since bm is over saturated with over priced items. And most stuff they selling in bm isn't anything that special.

    Well you can make 1 mill meso per hour or even more outside dungeons/raids by using only your main and also outside rng ways)

    Alternatively you can make more alts and do meso dailies on them too and do dungeon weekly as well on them, if fresh 50 then run operation hen rescue.

    Other ways to make meso (RNG):
    Catching pets (best to invest first to craft your own G3 traps well you can also farm your potion solvents to get there but that will be boring and take a long time, I just bought tons of potion solvents and lvled it up until i could craft G3 traps and sold all my other traps so I didn't lose as much as I tho)
    Analyse Rusted keys to sell B4 runs (more rusted keys analysed if using alts, only 100k meso analyse daily)
    Sell rare epic drops from dungeons like Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns.
    AND (more end game-ish) you can sell legendary armor/weapons. Any armor piece with boss damage is sellable in BM


    Honestly tho if you are complaining right now about meso... wait till you start enchanting legendary gear. Basically each enchant fail you lose around 15m per try even more at higher levels. Also wait till you have to reroll epic pet stats as well and unlocking those 3 sockets on accessory.

    Statistics of legendary enchanting: https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/ae2tcg/statistics_average_costs_of_enchanting_legendary/

    On another note, they are doing changes with meso sinks and rng progression, let's see what's coming.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 261
    Member
    Novuhz wrote: »
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Exorine wrote: »
    It's almost like mesos are tokens used to bypass random aspects in the game at the player's own discretion!

    Can you imagine if there was a consistent method to make 10 million mesos per hour? I don't think you want to see what happens next.

    But that's the problem lol. It should be a method of making mesos by grinding like any other mmo and the amount you make per hour doesn't need to be that high (10 mill a hour lol) I think your overplaying this as no one is asking for it to be that high. If anything that's going to be the gold sellers rate vac hacking and ruining the game. Most games even ms1 have good grinding farming maps where you can gain decent rate exp maybe 5% an hour at level 210+ and gain 750k - 1 mill an hour. I would be fine with that. There just needs to be a balance a better alternative to make mesos in game legit after you finish get rich dailies since bm is over saturated with over priced items. And most stuff they selling in bm isn't anything that special.

    Well you can make 1 mill meso per hour or even more outside dungeons/raids by using only your main and also outside rng ways)

    Alternatively you can make more alts and do meso dailies on them too and do dungeon weekly as well on them, if fresh 50 then run operation hen rescue.

    Other ways to make meso (RNG):
    Catching pets (best to invest first to craft your own G3 traps well you can also farm your potion solvents to get there but that will be boring and take a long time, I just bought tons of potion solvents and lvled it up until i could craft G3 traps and sold all my other traps so I didn't lose as much as I tho)
    Analyse Rusted keys to sell B4 runs (more rusted keys analysed if using alts, only 100k meso analyse daily)
    Sell rare epic drops from dungeons like Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns.
    AND (more end game-ish) you can sell legendary armor/weapons. Any armor piece with boss damage is sellable in BM


    Honestly tho if you are complaining right now about meso... wait till you start enchanting legendary gear. Basically each enchant fail you lose around 15m per try even more at higher levels. Also wait till you have to reroll epic pet stats as well and unlocking those 3 sockets on accessory.

    Statistics of legendary enchanting: https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/ae2tcg/statistics_average_costs_of_enchanting_legendary/

    On another note, they are doing changes with meso sinks and rng progression, let's see what's coming.

    That just boost my argument what u said about legendary enchanting. I have a legendary weapon on my rb and it eats mesos. Then I go broke and spend weeks trying to make enough to enchant and buy catalyst since party's are setting gates. Either way it's bad. If you don't bring it up nothing will be seen. Btw I'm not complaining just having the balls to state the obvious. Complaining is just saying bad things without giving a possible solution.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,365
    Posts: 356
    Member
    Exorine wrote: »
    It's really irrelevant exactly how many more mesos people are able to make due to some new update. The outcome is the same.

    You want more profitable methods of farming in the game that EVERYBODY can access, but no matter how much you want this, and no matter how it is implemented, it will have an affect on every non-trivial method of making money and prices of the products obtained by those methods.

    It's important to remember that at the end of the day mesos are just tokens. They aren't useful items like catalysts.

    When Potion Solvents were 10k the sky didn't fall.

    When Red Daisy was selling for 4k each the sky didn't fall.

    When bots ruined worthwhile farmables, the sky did fall.

    The only thing that can really be a problem here is more meso being pumped into the game, which... surprise, the alt farming caused by fair fight removal is doing. Other games manage to have what i'm suggesting, which is farmable resources that takes time to gather, cannot be botted and has worth to endgamers who usually carry the majority of the game's currency but not the time to spend gathering it. And without major economic issues.

    Currently the flow of meso is trapped with the high end players, which is why any gear below legendary has no sales. Once you give some economic power back to new players it becomes easier to keep said new players because they don't suffer from meso-gating in a game thats already heavily time-gated. Meso isn't just tokens, they're tokens made of player's time. Most people complain the issue with the game is it doesn't respect players time due to things such as rng progression and time gating. Its critical to balance this aspect just as much as these other two.
    Defraglife
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    Posts: 99
    Member
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Novuhz wrote: »
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Exorine wrote: »
    It's almost like mesos are tokens used to bypass random aspects in the game at the player's own discretion!

    Can you imagine if there was a consistent method to make 10 million mesos per hour? I don't think you want to see what happens next.

    But that's the problem lol. It should be a method of making mesos by grinding like any other mmo and the amount you make per hour doesn't need to be that high (10 mill a hour lol) I think your overplaying this as no one is asking for it to be that high. If anything that's going to be the gold sellers rate vac hacking and ruining the game. Most games even ms1 have good grinding farming maps where you can gain decent rate exp maybe 5% an hour at level 210+ and gain 750k - 1 mill an hour. I would be fine with that. There just needs to be a balance a better alternative to make mesos in game legit after you finish get rich dailies since bm is over saturated with over priced items. And most stuff they selling in bm isn't anything that special.

    Well you can make 1 mill meso per hour or even more outside dungeons/raids by using only your main and also outside rng ways)

    Alternatively you can make more alts and do meso dailies on them too and do dungeon weekly as well on them, if fresh 50 then run operation hen rescue.

    Other ways to make meso (RNG):
    Catching pets (best to invest first to craft your own G3 traps well you can also farm your potion solvents to get there but that will be boring and take a long time, I just bought tons of potion solvents and lvled it up until i could craft G3 traps and sold all my other traps so I didn't lose as much as I tho)
    Analyse Rusted keys to sell B4 runs (more rusted keys analysed if using alts, only 100k meso analyse daily)
    Sell rare epic drops from dungeons like Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns.
    AND (more end game-ish) you can sell legendary armor/weapons. Any armor piece with boss damage is sellable in BM


    Honestly tho if you are complaining right now about meso... wait till you start enchanting legendary gear. Basically each enchant fail you lose around 15m per try even more at higher levels. Also wait till you have to reroll epic pet stats as well and unlocking those 3 sockets on accessory.

    Statistics of legendary enchanting: https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/ae2tcg/statistics_average_costs_of_enchanting_legendary/

    On another note, they are doing changes with meso sinks and rng progression, let's see what's coming.

    That just boost my argument what u said about legendary enchanting. I have a legendary weapon on my rb and it eats mesos. Then I go broke and spend weeks trying to make enough to enchant and buy catalyst since party's are setting gates. Either way it's bad. If you don't bring it up nothing will be seen. Btw I'm not complaining just having the balls to state the obvious. Complaining is just saying bad things without giving a possible solution.

    How does it boost your argument?

    Do you really need that much meso to be doing cdev/cmoc raids? do you really need that much meso to get your epic to +15? When you get your +15 epic and u start doing cdev/cmoc you are basically at end game, you can start selling legendary. You don't need a legendary weapon to start selling legendary armor. So again why do you need that much meso to do hard dungeons/cdev/cmoc? It's even easier to do cdev/cmoc these days when you have a lot of people carrying new players.

    The only time you start needing a lot more meso is when you are at end game where you are finally enchanting your legendary weapon... but if you are at end game... you are also making more meso... I don't see the issue. Oh wait I do see the issue, the issue is people complaining/crying about not being able to skip content easily by buying legendaries easily. Also don't forget... you can get Legendary Weapon without doing cpap raid. My first legendary weapon came from fortress rumble I only had a lvl 50 blue pet and a epic weapon +15 and not great stats at all.

    Just wait a bit longer and legendary prices will keep dropping as the supply of them keeps going up. Legendary supply is timegated by how many trader's ribbons we can get weekly... anyways...

    I mean we all started as a new player we didn't magically jump into full legendary armor/weapons. We didn't even buy legendaries to get there.

    Why do people just want to skip content easily? I mean what's the point then? What if you could get all your legendary armor/weapon with just 10m? Then what? The journey to get there is the fun part yet you just want to skip it all together. But let's just say... what do you do after you are able to buy every good legendary with just 10m meso?

    Soon you are all asking for everything to be handed to you for free.

    Back on topic: It's obvious people don't want to waste meso or trader's ribbons on epic armor/weapon when everyone can get that easily by playing the game ya know.

    Too bad you can't purchase legendary weapons as soon as trader ribbons came out, if you want to skip content wait a bit longer for price to drop. (learn what Supply/Demand is, then you will know why prices are what they are.)

    Epic Accessories with good stats sell quite nicely. Any rare epic drops from hard dungeons sell nicely. Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns which every new player has access at doing them. There's also ways to make 1m per hour outside dungeons or alts.

    I can't imagine people here playing Classic World of Warcraft at all lol.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,770
    Posts: 245
    Member
    Novuhz wrote: »
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Novuhz wrote: »
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Exorine wrote: »
    It's almost like mesos are tokens used to bypass random aspects in the game at the player's own discretion!

    Can you imagine if there was a consistent method to make 10 million mesos per hour? I don't think you want to see what happens next.

    But that's the problem lol. It should be a method of making mesos by grinding like any other mmo and the amount you make per hour doesn't need to be that high (10 mill a hour lol) I think your overplaying this as no one is asking for it to be that high. If anything that's going to be the gold sellers rate vac hacking and ruining the game. Most games even ms1 have good grinding farming maps where you can gain decent rate exp maybe 5% an hour at level 210+ and gain 750k - 1 mill an hour. I would be fine with that. There just needs to be a balance a better alternative to make mesos in game legit after you finish get rich dailies since bm is over saturated with over priced items. And most stuff they selling in bm isn't anything that special.

    Well you can make 1 mill meso per hour or even more outside dungeons/raids by using only your main and also outside rng ways)

    Alternatively you can make more alts and do meso dailies on them too and do dungeon weekly as well on them, if fresh 50 then run operation hen rescue.

    Other ways to make meso (RNG):
    Catching pets (best to invest first to craft your own G3 traps well you can also farm your potion solvents to get there but that will be boring and take a long time, I just bought tons of potion solvents and lvled it up until i could craft G3 traps and sold all my other traps so I didn't lose as much as I tho)
    Analyse Rusted keys to sell B4 runs (more rusted keys analysed if using alts, only 100k meso analyse daily)
    Sell rare epic drops from dungeons like Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns.
    AND (more end game-ish) you can sell legendary armor/weapons. Any armor piece with boss damage is sellable in BM


    Honestly tho if you are complaining right now about meso... wait till you start enchanting legendary gear. Basically each enchant fail you lose around 15m per try even more at higher levels. Also wait till you have to reroll epic pet stats as well and unlocking those 3 sockets on accessory.

    Statistics of legendary enchanting: https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/ae2tcg/statistics_average_costs_of_enchanting_legendary/

    On another note, they are doing changes with meso sinks and rng progression, let's see what's coming.

    That just boost my argument what u said about legendary enchanting. I have a legendary weapon on my rb and it eats mesos. Then I go broke and spend weeks trying to make enough to enchant and buy catalyst since party's are setting gates. Either way it's bad. If you don't bring it up nothing will be seen. Btw I'm not complaining just having the balls to state the obvious. Complaining is just saying bad things without giving a possible solution.

    How does it boost your argument?

    Do you really need that much meso to be doing cdev/cmoc raids? do you really need that much meso to get your epic to +15? When you get your +15 epic and u start doing cdev/cmoc you are basically at end game, you can start selling legendary. You don't need a legendary weapon to start selling legendary armor. So again why do you need that much meso to do hard dungeons/cdev/cmoc? It's even easier to do cdev/cmoc these days when you have a lot of people carrying new players.

    The only time you start needing a lot more meso is when you are at end game where you are finally enchanting your legendary weapon... but if you are at end game... you are also making more meso... I don't see the issue. Oh wait I do see the issue, the issue is people complaining/crying about not being able to skip content easily by buying legendaries easily. Also don't forget... you can get Legendary Weapon without doing cpap raid. My first legendary weapon came from fortress rumble I only had a lvl 50 blue pet and a epic weapon +15 and not great stats at all.

    Just wait a bit longer and legendary prices will keep dropping as the supply of them keeps going up. Legendary supply is timegated by how many trader's ribbons we can get weekly... anyways...

    I mean we all started as a new player we didn't magically jump into full legendary armor/weapons. We didn't even buy legendaries to get there.

    Why do people just want to skip content easily? I mean what's the point then? What if you could get all your legendary armor/weapon with just 10m? Then what? The journey to get there is the fun part yet you just want to skip it all together. But let's just say... what do you do after you are able to buy every good legendary with just 10m meso?

    Soon you are all asking for everything to be handed to you for free.

    Back on topic: It's obvious people don't want to waste meso or trader's ribbons on epic armor/weapon when everyone can get that easily by playing the game ya know.

    Too bad you can't purchase legendary weapons as soon as trader ribbons came out, if you want to skip content wait a bit longer for price to drop. (learn what Supply/Demand is, then you will know why prices are what they are.)

    Epic Accessories with good stats sell quite nicely. Any rare epic drops from hard dungeons sell nicely. Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns which every new player has access at doing them. There's also ways to make 1m per hour outside dungeons or alts.

    I can't imagine people here playing Classic World of Warcraft at all lol.

    everyone plays and enjoy the game different, you like hustlen for your gear and you enjoy it and it gives you a boner? that's cool, then theres the other people that make mesos and want the gear so they can enjoy the game however they want to afterwards.

    honestly, cbt was better you had different options/ways to get gear...add it back to fishing give the game variety forget all raids to get good gears. also w.o.w is trash.
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 261
    Member
    edited 1:08PM March 14, 2019
    Novuhz wrote: »
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Novuhz wrote: »
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Exorine wrote: »
    It's almost like mesos are tokens used to bypass random aspects in the game at the player's own discretion!

    Can you imagine if there was a consistent method to make 10 million mesos per hour? I don't think you want to see what happens next.

    But that's the problem lol. It should be a method of making mesos by grinding like any other mmo and the amount you make per hour doesn't need to be that high (10 mill a hour lol) I think your overplaying this as no one is asking for it to be that high. If anything that's going to be the gold sellers rate vac hacking and ruining the game. Most games even ms1 have good grinding farming maps where you can gain decent rate exp maybe 5% an hour at level 210+ and gain 750k - 1 mill an hour. I would be fine with that. There just needs to be a balance a better alternative to make mesos in game legit after you finish get rich dailies since bm is over saturated with over priced items. And most stuff they selling in bm isn't anything that special.

    Well you can make 1 mill meso per hour or even more outside dungeons/raids by using only your main and also outside rng ways)

    Alternatively you can make more alts and do meso dailies on them too and do dungeon weekly as well on them, if fresh 50 then run operation hen rescue.

    Other ways to make meso (RNG):
    Catching pets (best to invest first to craft your own G3 traps well you can also farm your potion solvents to get there but that will be boring and take a long time, I just bought tons of potion solvents and lvled it up until i could craft G3 traps and sold all my other traps so I didn't lose as much as I tho)
    Analyse Rusted keys to sell B4 runs (more rusted keys analysed if using alts, only 100k meso analyse daily)
    Sell rare epic drops from dungeons like Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns.
    AND (more end game-ish) you can sell legendary armor/weapons. Any armor piece with boss damage is sellable in BM


    Honestly tho if you are complaining right now about meso... wait till you start enchanting legendary gear. Basically each enchant fail you lose around 15m per try even more at higher levels. Also wait till you have to reroll epic pet stats as well and unlocking those 3 sockets on accessory.

    Statistics of legendary enchanting: https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/ae2tcg/statistics_average_costs_of_enchanting_legendary/

    On another note, they are doing changes with meso sinks and rng progression, let's see what's coming.

    That just boost my argument what u said about legendary enchanting. I have a legendary weapon on my rb and it eats mesos. Then I go broke and spend weeks trying to make enough to enchant and buy catalyst since party's are setting gates. Either way it's bad. If you don't bring it up nothing will be seen. Btw I'm not complaining just having the balls to state the obvious. Complaining is just saying bad things without giving a possible solution.

    How does it boost your argument?

    Do you really need that much meso to be doing cdev/cmoc raids? do you really need that much meso to get your epic to +15? When you get your +15 epic and u start doing cdev/cmoc you are basically at end game, you can start selling legendary. You don't need a legendary weapon to start selling legendary armor. So again why do you need that much meso to do hard dungeons/cdev/cmoc? It's even easier to do cdev/cmoc these days when you have a lot of people carrying new players.

    The only time you start needing a lot more meso is when you are at end game where you are finally enchanting your legendary weapon... but if you are at end game... you are also making more meso... I don't see the issue. Oh wait I do see the issue, the issue is people complaining/crying about not being able to skip content easily by buying legendaries easily. Also don't forget... you can get Legendary Weapon without doing cpap raid. My first legendary weapon came from fortress rumble I only had a lvl 50 blue pet and a epic weapon +15 and not great stats at all.

    Just wait a bit longer and legendary prices will keep dropping as the supply of them keeps going up. Legendary supply is timegated by how many trader's ribbons we can get weekly... anyways...

    I mean we all started as a new player we didn't magically jump into full legendary armor/weapons. We didn't even buy legendaries to get there.

    Why do people just want to skip content easily? I mean what's the point then? What if you could get all your legendary armor/weapon with just 10m? Then what? The journey to get there is the fun part yet you just want to skip it all together. But let's just say... what do you do after you are able to buy every good legendary with just 10m meso?

    Soon you are all asking for everything to be handed to you for free.

    Back on topic: It's obvious people don't want to waste meso or trader's ribbons on epic armor/weapon when everyone can get that easily by playing the game ya know.

    Too bad you can't purchase legendary weapons as soon as trader ribbons came out, if you want to skip content wait a bit longer for price to drop. (learn what Supply/Demand is, then you will know why prices are what they are.)

    Epic Accessories with good stats sell quite nicely. Any rare epic drops from hard dungeons sell nicely. Balrog Wings, Kandura's necklace, Varr/wings/horns which every new player has access at doing them. There's also ways to make 1m per hour outside dungeons or alts.

    I can't imagine people here playing Classic World of Warcraft at all lol.

    First off WoW is garbage. Only hardcore nerds play that game and second it takes a lot of mesos and resources to upgrade legendary gear let alone to get it since now you pretty much must buy runs. We never said anything about skipping to the end game content we just want a level playing field for all how hard is that to understand. Some want to be fast burners like elites but 80 percent of the player base is casual and want to get proper gains back for the time we put into the game that's it nothing more or less. No one is asking for free handouts as your missing the whole point to the topic. Also I don't want to be carried no one does but a lot of players in the elite group have unreal expectations of a casual player that wants to just enjoy the game without all the elitist bs. So it still stands that you need a certain amount of mesos to progress through the game enchants gems and getting catalyst. And you saying we are crying and stuff is a trash statement it's suggestions and topics like these that gets changes added to help crazies like you and all other players. Think about working smarter vs working harder and gaining little. Does that make sense.
  • ExorineExorine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    Posts: 33
    Member
    Ah, yes... I understand completely now.

    Down with the bourgeoisie!
    LuminaEdge
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    Posts: 99
    Member
    edited 6:10PM March 14, 2019
    Defraglife wrote: »
    First off WoW is garbage. Only hardcore nerds play that game and second it takes a lot of mesos and resources to upgrade legendary gear let alone to get it since now you pretty much must buy runs. We never said anything about skipping to the end game content we just want a level playing field for all how hard is that to understand. Some want to be fast burners like elites but 80 percent of the player base is casual and want to get proper gains back for the time we put into the game that's it nothing more or less. No one is asking for free handouts as your missing the whole point to the topic. Also I don't want to be carried no one does but a lot of players in the elite group have unreal expectations of a casual player that wants to just enjoy the game without all the elitist bs. So it still stands that you need a certain amount of mesos to progress through the game enchants gems and getting catalyst. And you saying we are crying and stuff is a trash statement it's suggestions and topics like these that gets changes added to help crazies like you and all other players. Think about working smarter vs working harder and gaining little. Does that make sense.

    ''First off WoW is garbage.''

    Yet it's the only successful MMORPG, current WoW is garbage but old classic WoW and burning crusade and wotlk expansions were the best golden era of WoW everything after made WoW not WoW.

    I want to understand how you call a game garbage yet it's the only MMORPG that has success in that genre.

    ''it takes a lot of mesos and resources to upgrade legendary gear''

    True but doesn't that mean you are doing chaos raids and getting legendary which means you can use those traders ribbons to sell legendary? The only time you start needing a lot of meso is when you are at endgame, which I already said in my post.

    To need meso to upgrade legendary means you have legendary gear...

    ''let alone to get it since now you pretty much must buy runs''

    Buy runs? You need to buy runs? What? No one needs to buy runs dude wtf xD it's actually sad that people actually buy runs when you can progress normally without doing that, I mean how did other ppl get there in first place? Did they pay Nexon to give them legendary weapons? come on xD I never sold runs or bought runs and currently I have a +12 legendary weapon.

    Seriously I'm guildess and never had problem progressing thro cdev to cmoc to cpap. Hell my alt is already doing cdev/cmoc soon it will be doing cpap as well.

    I progressed from pugging.

    ''We never said anything about skipping to the end game content we just want a level playing field for all how hard is that to understand. ''

    Complaining about prices of top end game gear, wanting to have lots of meso to buy said gear. That's skipping end game content. Do the content that drops them it's simple.

    Also it makes no sense since you don't need that much meso at start. I'll repeat this again. You don't need that much meso to upgrade your epics, and when you start needing a lot of mesos to upgrade legendary that means you are at same playing field of those people selling legendaries, that means u can also start selling legendary that aren't for ur class.

    ''Some want to be fast burners like elites but 80 percent of the player base is casual and want to get proper gains back for the time we put into the game that's it nothing more or less. ''

    So doing your weekly dungeons/raids is being elite/hardcore? With how time gated it is, the game is actually pretty casual friendly.
    30 dungeons per week
    6 cdev per week
    6 cmoc per week
    ^ is this hardcore? that up there looks pretty casual.

    ''Also I don't want to be carried no one does but a lot of players in the elite group have unreal expectations of a casual player that wants to just enjoy the game without all the elitist bs.''

    hmmm expectations of what? I'm not even sure what you are talking about, very well geared players usually don't even care about your gear for cdev/cmoc. There's basically free carries going all the time now even in hard dungeons.

    ''So it still stands that you need a certain amount of mesos to progress through the game enchants gems and getting catalyst.''

    If you do your weekly dungeons runs and ur meso dailies you will have more than enough meso and enchanting materials for your epics and almost same with legendary stuff.

    When I was a new player starting the game I never had problems with meso or materials when I was getting all my epic armor to +10 and epic weapon to +15. I'm very confused here. Yeah I couldn't afford a epic pet but that was it, it took awhile to get one but I got it but first I lvled my blue pet to 50, and no I don't sell runs. The only runs I sell is B4 runs and that's it. Even if I have +12 legendary I still welcome anyone into my weekly dungeon runs and cdev/cmoc.

    So I'm gonna ask you what's wrong with progressing thro hard dungeons to cdev then later cmoc and then later cpap. Why do you need to buy legendary armor/weapon to do that progression? The journey to get to end game/last dungeon or raid is the fun part of any mmorpg.
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    Posts: 99
    Member
    edited 6:06PM March 14, 2019
    everyone plays and enjoy the game different, you like hustlen for your gear and you enjoy it and it gives you a boner? that's cool, then theres the other people that make mesos and want the gear so they can enjoy the game however they want to afterwards.

    honestly, cbt was better you had different options/ways to get gear...add it back to fishing give the game variety forget all raids to get good gears. also w.o.w is trash.

    Huh... isn't that the whole point of RPG game proggressing and getting stronger by killing boss's for better gear? and where did I said it gave me a boner? You know maybe you are playing the wrong game if you don't like progressing by killing boss's for better gear. If you don't like raids why do you even care about what gear you have? I mean you get gear to progress and do higher end-game raids. But you don't like raids...

    WoW is the only successful mmorpg yet it's 'trash' in your view lol ok... Current WoW is meh yeah but not Classic World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King. I quit WoW because it was going in the wrong directions. I quit in Cataclysm expansion.

    Also this:
    Trader’s Ribbons can be applied to Legendary gear up to Lv. 50. With end-game gear being tradeable, we understand the concern that we are allowing players to pay to reach the end-game. However, we assure you that this will not be the case for the new end-game gear that we are planning to release this summer in our next major expansion update. We will discuss this further as the expansion draws closer, but our current plan is that Trader’s Ribbons won’t be applicable to the final tier of gear.

    I guess that's gonna be another thing you will be complaining about.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,770
    Posts: 245
    Member
    edited 9:25PM March 14, 2019
    Novuhz wrote: »
    everyone plays and enjoy the game different, you like hustlen for your gear and you enjoy it and it gives you a boner? that's cool, then theres the other people that make mesos and want the gear so they can enjoy the game however they want to afterwards.

    honestly, cbt was better you had different options/ways to get gear...add it back to fishing give the game variety forget all raids to get good gears. also w.o.w is trash.

    Huh... isn't that the whole point of RPG game proggressing and getting stronger by killing boss's for better gear? and where did I said it gave me a boner? You know maybe you are playing the wrong game if you don't like progressing by killing boss's for better gear. If you don't like raids why do you even care about what gear you have? I mean you get gear to progress and do higher end-game raids. But you don't like raids...

    WoW is the only successful mmorpg yet it's 'trash' in your view lol ok... Current WoW is meh yeah but not Classic World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King. I quit WoW because it was going in the wrong directions. I quit in Cataclysm expansion.

    Also this:
    Trader’s Ribbons can be applied to Legendary gear up to Lv. 50. With end-game gear being tradeable, we understand the concern that we are allowing players to pay to reach the end-game. However, we assure you that this will not be the case for the new end-game gear that we are planning to release this summer in our next major expansion update. We will discuss this further as the expansion draws closer, but our current plan is that Trader’s Ribbons won’t be applicable to the final tier of gear.

    I guess that's gonna be another thing you will be complaining about.

    Why does it matter if someone want the gear without doing the raid? why you even care how another play their game? if another wanna buy it hush and let them, if you want to farm and get trash drops after 500 runs cool man, you do you. They say alot of things won't change, what change and what won't change will depend on the future of the game it's self and let's not forget most players started quiting after raids came. you honestly raid for gear to beat another raid with gear to get another raid gear thats ur only goal when you get gear? ouch, i see why people like you stop enjoying the game after you get the gears you killing your own fun with that. i use my gear in open pvp and pve and to help ppl that don't have access to said gears. what need to change is the game turning into raid only. also theres a difference between a boss and a raid boss.

    Oh yeah, said this many of times raids might've been ok if the dodge was actually a dodge with iframes and no autoaim built in.
    Defraglife
This discussion has been closed.