Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Introducing the Meso Market

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 68,850
Administrator
edited 7:17PM March 8, 2019 in Project New Leaf
meso-market-forum.png

Dear Maplers,

With the first Project New Leaf update having been released last week, we are definitely feeling more life within MapleStory 2. It could just be the event speaking, but we see more players channel surfing to challenge world bosses, parties are filling up faster with lower equipment requirements, and lots of players are bartering in chat over their legendary loot sales. The reuse of classic MapleStory letter combinations to advertise their sales strikes a particularly nostalgic note with us as well!

We know it’s just the beginning and this step forward makes us hopeful for what’s to come. Now, let’s dive into today’s main topic: what we are doing for the Economy Improvements Update (tentative date: March 28th).

Today’s blog will cover:
  • Meso Market

Of course, there’s more currently being planned for the March 28th update aside from the Meso Market, but the level of changes we’re working on is only increasing, and the extent of the changes demand that we shuffle the order of a few things. So as not to keep you in the dark, we are close to locking down how we will approach Meso Sink Reduction and Epic Pet as part of the March 28th update, while Gemstone Resource Gathering improvements are being lumped into the Progression Improvement Update (tentative date: April 25th). We’ll have more details to share about what’s coming on March 28th next week.

Economy Improvement Update: Tentatively March 28th Update
  • Meso Sink Reduction
  • Meso Market
  • Epic Pet

Progression Improvement Update: Tentatively April 25th Update
  • Enchanting
  • Gemstone Upgrades
  • Accessory Socket Opening
  • Gemstone Resource Gathering (Moved from March 28th Update)
  • ...and more.

And so, for today’s blog, let’s dive into the Meso Market.

Meso Market

In coming up with Meso Market system, our focus was to create a place where low-level players can gain some extra mesos for progression, as well as a place where well-equipped players can get Merets for cosmetic purposes without harming the in-game balance or make the game pay to win.

Meso Market is a currency trading platform you can find within the Black Market UI, where you can exchange mesos and Merets. The flow for this differs between the buyer and seller, and goes like this:
  • A seller goes to the Meso Market and creates a listing of 5,000,000 mesos, setting their desired price
    • Price must be within 20% of the current average
    • Players can create up to 5 listings per day
    • Both Nexon Launcher and Steam players can list meso sales
    • There will be no transaction fees
  • A buyer opens the “Buy Merets” menu and purchases Meso Tokens
    • These tokens have the same value as Blue Merets, but can only be purchased with NX Prepaid and can only be spent in the Meso Market
    • Because they can only be purchased with NX Prepaid, they are only available to Nexon Launcher players
  • The buyer goes to the Meso Market and purchases the listing of 5,000,000 mesos for the listed price
    • The buyer pays via Meso Tokens
    • The seller then receives that many Blue Merets (again, no transaction fees)
    • Buyers can purchase up to 4 listings per month (thus, a maximum of 20,000,000 mesos purchased per month)

We do understand that those who have Blue Merets or play on Steam may feel left out, as this new currency can only be purchased with NX Prepaid. After careful review, we want to credit these players with Blue Merets instead of Red Merets, and in order to do this, we had to take steps to ensure that this system is as secure as possible against fraudulent activities and other illicit activities by bad actors.

Additionally, the 20,000,000 meso limit per buyer account per month may sound low depending on where you are at in the game. We do think this amount will be very useful to new players, and even some hardcore players who are just a few mesos shy of the perfect gear they have their eyes on, but this amount will not be enough for players to buy their way to a full set of the best possible equipment. That’s the balance we’d like to achieve with this system, and while there’s still room for more adjustments to be made in the future, we’d like to be our starting point and observe the market.

Illegal Meso Buyers

It should be a given that we are permanently banning a lot of botter activities and illegal meso seller accounts daily. With the newly adjusted ban policy that we started last week, we have also punished more than 200 illicit meso buyers with 15-day bans and the removal of gains derived from the illegal meso trading. We’re actually surprised the number was this high given our warning last week, so we will continue to enforce this policy to stamp out any illegal meso buying activity in the game.

Chilly Round Chain Glasses Fix

While this wasn’t direct feedback for Project New Leaf, we’ve noticed players discussing that the Chilly Round Chain Glasses from our Style Crate “added’ a new reflective effect on the lens after the February 28th update, which many of you found unappealing compared to the fully transparent lenses. As such, we will be reverting the look of this item to feature fully transparent lenses again on March 28th.

We kindly ask that the topic of discussion in the threads be focused on the information shared in today’s blog, good or bad. We’ll carefully review, monitor, and make any further adjustments as needed and share more news later. As always, thank you for being patient with us and for being a part of Project New Leaf!

See you in game,
LAMBCOOK
DefraglifeNovuhzUllMaloy

Comments

• cocogummiebearrcocogummiebearr
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 720
    ty for fixing the glasses really thank you!! all my friends are thanking you for this! or else we were scared to buy anymore cosmetic since the look can be changed from the time we buy to later !! thank you! UWU
    Xtony
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,715
    I like the mesos market idea and the fact it must be in range of 20% of average price to prevent overpricing. My only concern is mesos buying I think your being too soft on the people breaking the rules. They won't learn and will keep doing it. Other than that I like what you guys are doing :) looking forward to April though.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,100
    edited 9:24PM March 8, 2019
    Oversight:

How do you guys plan to handle people who use multiple alts to funnel meso to their main past the cap? Thats still an issue. At the very least it'll be taxed but at 20% tax thats still a good 16 mil per account.

Otherwise not bad
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,305
    The 20m purchasing limit a month might be a smidge low, but we'll see after the meso sink stuff. Otherwise great job doing what I said (Blue merets to buyer, new currency only from prepaid, no fees).

I would however like to see some tweaks to last months changes.

1. Epic items should be tradable within the account by default. The prices to ribbon epics are not at all worthwhile when you can jump straight to legendary for a tiny bit more effort. This would let us gear our alts to a lower tier without being forced to purchase legendaries from others.
    2. Ribbon-ed items should be transferable through storage. Currently you can only list them on the market, and there is no way to buy your own item. There is no reason why you have to sell a great item you got, just to re-buy a similar item from someone else. The 96 ribbon cost to move a great legendary weapon from your main to your alt is entirely fair, but we can't even do that.
    3. Ribbons should be moveable through the account. Getting As in all 3 chaos raids, and particularly unlocking and beating the rumbles, is not an easy, quick, or cheap task. If an alt gets a good item you wish to move, you should be able to do that, and as far as farming the ribbons, I mean you probably deserve it after the large amount of effort it takes to get a character to that state on top of the INSANE number of ribbons required to move legendary gearsets around to your alts that need them. Not doing this just makes people buy from others on the market, instead of farming/collecting their own gear, which is dependent on other peoples' choices
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,715
    I agree the ribbon needs to be altered a bit to allow us to move things in our alt characters.
  • MaloyMaloy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,070
    edited 11:31PM March 8, 2019
    I really like the premise of a meso to merit exchange process. It gives the merits better attainability without being a money funnel.

As for the meso bot wipe, I know I've seen a repeated figure showing up on OCE servers, so I hope these ban steps will act quicker but won't overlap to innocent players.

The culprit in question:
    unknown.png
  • PeepPeep
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,165
    edited 1:21AM March 9, 2019
    While you are going to be reducing the meso sinks it would be nice if there were more ways to be able to farm for meso.

I also have some concerns regarding the meso market. What is going to stop people from creating multiple accounts and buying meso to transfer to their main? It would be great if you could alleviate this concern.

Otherwise looks good.
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,590
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    The 20m purchasing limit a month might be a smidge low, but we'll see after the meso sink stuff. Otherwise great job doing what I said (Blue merets to buyer, new currency only from prepaid, no fees).

1. Epic items should be tradable within the account by default. The prices to ribbon epics are not at all worthwhile when you can jump straight to legendary for a tiny bit more effort. This would let us gear our alts to a lower tier without being forced to purchase legendaries from others.
    2. Ribbon-ed items should be transferable through storage. Currently you can only list them on the market, and there is no way to buy your own item. There is no reason why you have to sell a great item you got, just to re-buy a similar item from someone else. The 96 ribbon cost to move a great legendary weapon from your main to your alt is entirely fair, but we can't even do that.
    3. Ribbons should be moveable through the account. Getting As in all 3 chaos raids, and particularly unlocking and beating the rumbles, is not an easy, quick, or cheap task. If an alt gets a good item you wish to move, you should be able to do that, and as far as farming the ribbons, I mean you probably deserve it after the large amount of effort it takes to get a character to that state on top of the INSANE number of ribbons required to move legendary gearsets around to your alts that need them. Not doing this just makes people buy from others on the market, instead of farming/collecting their own gear, which is dependent on other peoples' choices

1. They already gave u ribbon, no reason for that, u gotta make a choice 1 way or another
    2. fine
    3.ribbon was meant for endgame players so, no
  • NobleAmeNobleAme
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 950
    edited 11:09AM March 9, 2019
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    Oversight:

How do you guys plan to handle people who use multiple alts to funnel meso to their main past the cap? Thats still an issue. At the very least it'll be taxed but at 20% tax thats still a good 16 mil per account.

Otherwise not bad

I highly wonder about this too. Especially since it seems that it isn't against ToS (unless I missed something; skimmed through it this time around)?. From what I'm reading, you can just make 5 accounts per month and then funnel the meso into your main account. There's still tax but I don't think this will hinder players.

"...the 20,000,000 meso limit per buyer account per month..." - Introducing Meso Market
    "...prohibited conduct includes the following...Creating more than one account within twenty-four hours or more than five accounts within thirty days..." - Nexon ToS

Nexon was able to ban meso-buyers because that is against ToS but it seems multiple account isn't. If Nexon can track down those who were using the "Mannequin Glitch" and meso buyers, then perhaps they can limit purchases in a similar matter? I know in MS1, there was a cap for NX (credit) you could buy but I don't think such a limit existed for prepaid.

"Certain minimums may apply to purchases of virtual currency, and certain maximums may apply depending on your transaction method. Nexon reserves the right to change the maximum and minimum amounts applicable to virtual currency purchases at any time without notice, consistent with applicable law." - ToS
    Maloy
  • shonriishonrii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    I do have one concern with this update. The Dungeon Delight Event is going to end when this update is scheduled to go live. I think you guys are well aware of the issues surrounding Chaos Onyx and Onyx Crystal, and when the double drop event is over, that is a significant amount of resources that players are no longer able to generate themselves. This is going to drive up the cost of onyx again and reduce the effectiveness of the Meso Market in regards to helping working players save time. The progression update isn't until the following month (which is where I assume onyx issues will be addressed), so I'm worried that we will be suffering enchantment-wise during this period. It would be great if the event could be extended until the progression update goes live because the reset button/double drop has been tiding us over for the past few months. It's going to be very painful if it's taken away :(

Other than that, I'm excited for the updates! Thanks and keep up the good work!
    cocogummiebearrUllMaloyDefraglifekiwirueArieeSylqtAruraune
  • MikanBoxMikanBox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    (if anything i suggest is already mentioned above, just think of it as me also wanting the change ;3)
    As a seasoned cms2 player..... here's wut i think o3o

1: I think 20m per month seems a bit too low. Maybe 15-30m per week? I tend to remember stuff in a weekly pattern, so a weekly limit is easier to remember.

2: As stated above, The issue of not being able to bank pass items to Alts. Maybe Make it so an item that is ribboned can be alt passed once?

3: add in a system that encourages helping out beginners. Cms2 has a mentor/newbie system, and rewarded people who played with newer players.

4: I think raising the level cap to 99(maybe 80-90 would work fine too) would be a good idea to keep people occupied with endless grinding. even if some1 grinded 24/7 for 3 years, they wouldn't reach lvl 99. just bothers me that sky fortress daily/weekly quests give so much normal exp that goes to waste..... and it'll give people something to do when all the weekly/dailies are done.

5: Just a minor complaint but.... I think the amount of materials needed for legendary enhancements (after +9) might be bit too much. Most content atm makes getting onyx a breeze, but chaos onyx is almost always never enough.
    The reason why i sorta wanna complain about this now is: I already know how much rocks it takes to enhance Ascendant(6Star) equipment. So i sorta wanna have issue handled before ascendant equips make us cry.....
    Suggestion solutions:
    A: Decrease costs of Leg/asc enhancement to more manageable amounts
    and/or
    B: Increase weekly onyx/chaos onyx income.
    This issue sorta Feeds into the 20m/month for merit market issue i mentioned above, cuz Meso demand only Increases once Ascendant weapons show up.

By the time the ophelia revamp came to cms2, The games market + population was Healthy enough/developed/stable enough to allow for people to buy massive amounts of materials they needed for cheap. Gms2 just sorta came with the ophelia revamp day 1.....

6: No matter how much get fixed, without more content, people will lose interest. so uhh... more content plz :P

Defraglife
  • ElaEla
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 9:13AM March 10, 2019
    faceface wrote: »
    MochaLatte wrote: »

1. They already gave u ribbon, no reason for that, u gotta make a choice 1 way or another
    2. fine
    3.ribbon was meant for endgame players so, no

about the first one,
    i think is logical that if you use your ribbons in an item, you can give it to anyone that u want to, and i made that mistake........ , i wanted to give a belt to an alt, i used my ribbons but, because the ribbons doesn't make it tradable within the account, i couldn't and i don't know why, i mean, i'm paying a price ---> the ribbons that i got WITH that chara who dropped/did the belt, ribbons that i could use to sell other things or even that belt (i tried to buy in the bm my own belt, i couldn't because it was post from the same account and someone else buy it in a really cheap price lel)

i disagree with it being "free", but if we got ribbons, why not use them on that
    after all we're selling things with ribbons to then buy things that also used ribbons for it, if we drop something cool that works on an alt, why should i sell it to then try to find something similar to buy it?, idk, it doesn't makes sense to me
  • KiymoriKiymori
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Keep in mind, the meso price being stated in the original post is an example, and notice it said 20% of the -->current average<---, that gives me the impression that the price of meso's between the buyers and sellers can fluctuate. Now unless they want to come back and state explicitly there is a hard cap(5 million) on the minimum buy and sell price that is different.

Now as far as 'bypassing the meso buying cap' using alt accounts, I highly doubt they are going to do anything to stop that. They already have to deal with combating illegal meso buyers and sellers, and now what some are suggesting is that they should combat LEGAL meso buyers on their own platform, especially when it's making them money. I'm not saying they cannot or should not implement a method to stop it, but at the same time there would be to much work involved to manage it. After all what would you base it on? IP? Anyone can cloak their IP, not to mention how would you even account for other people working together to funnel more than the cap to one character? A group of people could easily buy some mesos, and then just simply sell some trash items for the said person who actually needs the meso and there you go, the cap is bypassed. How does Nexon then go about determining legitimate selling of items from Meso buyers? It then leads to potentially legitimate players getting banned.

Long story short, I highly doubt Nexon will care if people want to put in the time and effort to keep spending money on their company to buy mesos. The only reason they put a cap on it was to appease the whiners who would cry 'p2w', otherwise they would have done like every other MMO and just put the market in and whatever happens, happens. Which again I think is still amusing because at the end of the day, it seems like there is a decent handful of people that are fine with this system yet it's still no different than basically any other MMO.....2019 kids be like 'It's not p2w if there is a cap!'.

However, if Nexon really does decide to do something about this I would be shocked as they aren't exactly known for trying to avoid making money.
  • facefacefaceface
    edited 9:15AM March 11, 2019
    Kiymori wrote: »
    Keep in mind, the meso price being stated in the original post is an example, and notice it said 20% of the -->current average<---, that gives me the impression that the price of meso's between the buyers and sellers can fluctuate. Now unless they want to come back and state explicitly there is a hard cap(5 million) on the minimum buy and sell price that is different.

Now as far as 'bypassing the meso buying cap' using alt accounts, I highly doubt they are going to do anything to stop that. They already have to deal with combating illegal meso buyers and sellers, and now what some are suggesting is that they should combat LEGAL meso buyers on their own platform, especially when it's making them money. I'm not saying they cannot or should not implement a method to stop it, but at the same time there would be to much work involved to manage it. After all what would you base it on? IP? Anyone can cloak their IP, not to mention how would you even account for other people working together to funnel more than the cap to one character? A group of people could easily buy some mesos, and then just simply sell some trash items for the said person who actually needs the meso and there you go, the cap is bypassed. How does Nexon then go about determining legitimate selling of items from Meso buyers? It then leads to potentially legitimate players getting banned.

Long story short, I highly doubt Nexon will care if people want to put in the time and effort to keep spending money on their company to buy mesos. The only reason they put a cap on it was to appease the whiners who would cry 'p2w', otherwise they would have done like every other MMO and just put the market in and whatever happens, happens. Which again I think is still amusing because at the end of the day, it seems like there is a decent handful of people that are fine with this system yet it's still no different than basically any other MMO.....2019 kids be like 'It's not p2w if there is a cap!'.

However, if Nexon really does decide to do something about this I would be shocked as they aren't exactly known for trying to avoid making money.

I think ur missing the definition of p2w. It's not pay to win if players are generating the meso legally, not cuz it's handicapped, but ur statement of highly doubt they going to stop meso buyers. It's highly doubt, it's they won't. They haven't been doing that before the meso market, please future replies from other people don't put bs, cuz you know they don't ban any1. With the meso market introduced, meso seller will seller cheaper than our meso market to compete, people will buy meso for cheap from them and sell it for more meret through the meso market. Nexon makes more mula like this cuz more people will buy merets. There's 0 reason for them to stop meso buyers and bots at this point. This game is already in itself a sh.it show. I'll stick around as long as inflation doesn't get too outta control when double event drops and meret market comes in, unless they change progression to a self sustaining farm where you don't have to deal with the market manipulation with illegal run sellers holding onto trillions of mesos.
    Defraglife
  • KiymoriKiymori
    edited 10:26PM March 11, 2019
    I think ur missing the definition of p2w. It's not pay to win if players are generating the meso legally, not cuz it's handicapped, but ur statement of highly doubt they going to stop meso buyers. It's highly doubt, it's they won't. They haven't been doing that before the meso market, please future replies from other people don't put bs, cuz you know they don't ban any1. With the meso market introduced, meso seller will seller cheaper than our meso market to compete, people will buy meso for cheap from them and sell it for more meret through the meso market. Nexon makes more mula like this cuz more people will buy merets. There's 0 reason for them to stop meso buyers and bots at this point. This game is already in itself a sh.it show. I'll stick around as long as inflation doesn't get too outta control when double event drops and meret market comes in, unless they change progression to a self sustaining farm where you don't have to deal with the market manipulation with illegal run sellers holding onto trillions of mesos.

I'm sarcastically pointing out how the definition of P2W jumps around. However as I have stated before, the only way I actually agree something is 'p2w', is when it directly affects PvP, or the gear purchasable is ONLY obtainable through the cash shop or the the method of farming said gear is unrealistic unless you spend money(PWI literally is the best game I always go back to describe this). But again what I am talking about is the 'legal merit market', and I am just heavily doubting Nexon will have a problem with people bypassing the limit with alt accounts. After all, there is nothing for them to lose by players throwing money at their company.

Either way, like I said since this game was in CBT, they will implement merit to meso eventually, and ultimately, I highly doubt it will do anything to really damage the game. Just like how some people thought ribbons would kill the game, it only SLIGHTLY improved the population(so far), and I think this patch if done right has the potential to keep encouraging new and old players to give the game a chance. Some people just have a tendency to bandwagon when an idea looks 'bad', but don't really take the time to step back and really evaluate if the ideas being proposed by the devs/publishers actually might do the game good, even if the idea is built on an 'old method' that has failed on other games.
    Maloy
  • facefacefaceface
    edited 12:51PM March 12, 2019

I'm sarcastically pointing out how the definition of P2W jumps around. However as I have stated before, the only way I actually agree something is 'p2w', is when it directly affects PvP, or the gear purchasable is ONLY obtainable through the cash shop or the the method of farming said gear is unrealistic unless you spend money(PWI literally is the best game I always go back to describe this). But again what I am talking about is the 'legal merit market', and I am just heavily doubting Nexon will have a problem with people bypassing the limit with alt accounts. After all, there is nothing for them to lose by players throwing money at their company.

Either way, like I said since this game was in CBT, they will implement merit to meso eventually, and ultimately, I highly doubt it will do anything to really damage the game. Just like how some people thought ribbons would kill the game, it only SLIGHTLY improved the population(so far), and I think this patch if done right has the potential to keep encouraging new and old players to give the game a chance. Some people just have a tendency to bandwagon when an idea looks 'bad', but don't really take the time to step back and really evaluate if the ideas being proposed by the devs/publishers actually might do the game good, even if the idea is built on an 'old method' that has failed on other games.

Ribbon did kill the game in a sense, with the introduction of ribbon, it gave more ways to spend and get mesos, providing more flow of mesos into the market. But the real problem is, if we don't factor in all the illegal generated mesos, ribbon actually provide more meso demand than what the mesos the game actually have. I don't have backend data of how is buying mesos or not, and I'm not going to throw in numbers, but I'm fairly sure Nexon can see the spike in illegal meso buying with the data they collect on their end. I'm sorry to say, but most gaming companies evaluate ideas not for the better of the game, but the better of their pocket. So many decisions from devs aren't actually good, from a player stand point.

Right now, as a new player, there's two divisions. One group plays legit, other group buys meso. What does legit players have to go through? The natural progression of all the players that have sticked around before ribbon came out, +15 epic -> legendary, with no means of getting mesos, before craids came out we had plenty of options, from potion solvent farming to savagery gamble, now literally nothing. New players have no meso to sink for epic pet catching, everything early game is worthless, still can't afford 500k accessory meso sink, and guess what oh i got lucky with 1st epic craft, oh darn I can't get ribbon till craids. What meso buyers can do? Buy a legendary wep +10 it, and get straight access to cdev, or even better buy every single equip. Getting an epic weapon to +15 with chaos onyx price point in NAE, cost more than a legendary weapon with double purple lines. That's the disadvantage new players have, as a end game player, I don't feel this impact, but it doesn't mean the game isn't harmed. If I just started out, I woulda immediately dropped the game.

I wouldn't say there's isn't p2w games that let you buy straight up equips, but most would be something like you still have to get +15 epic -> legendary as a payer, but say you could buy toad stone or w/e from the cash shop to make it easier. Skipping is different concept.
    Defraglife
  • KiymoriKiymori
    edited 7:21PM March 12, 2019
    Ribbon did kill the game in a sense, with the introduction of ribbon, it gave more ways to spend and get mesos, providing more flow of mesos into the market. But the real problem is, if we don't factor in all the illegal generated mesos, ribbon actually provide more meso demand than what the mesos the game actually have. I don't have backend data of how is buying mesos or not, and I'm not going to throw in numbers, but I'm fairly sure Nexon can see the spike in illegal meso buying with the data they collect on their end. I'm sorry to say, but most gaming companies evaluate ideas not for the better of the game, but the better of their pocket. So many decisions from devs aren't actually good, from a player stand point.

Right now, as a new player, there's two divisions. One group plays legit, other group buys meso. What does legit players have to go through? The natural progression of all the players that have sticked around before ribbon came out, +15 epic -> legendary, with no means of getting mesos, before craids came out we had plenty of options, from potion solvent farming to savagery gamble, now literally nothing. New players have no meso to sink for epic pet catching, everything early game is worthless, still can't afford 500k accessory meso sink, and guess what oh i got lucky with 1st epic craft, oh darn I can't get ribbon till craids. What meso buyers can do? Buy a legendary wep +10 it, and get straight access to cdev, or even better buy every single equip. Getting an epic weapon to +15 with chaos onyx price point in NAE, cost more than a legendary weapon with double purple lines. That's the disadvantage new players have, as a end game player, I don't feel this impact, but it doesn't mean the game isn't harmed. If I just started out, I woulda immediately dropped the game.

I wouldn't say there's isn't p2w games that let you buy straight up equips, but most would be something like you still have to get +15 epic -> legendary as a payer, but say you could buy toad stone or w/e from the cash shop to make it easier. Skipping is different concept.

1.I see what you are trying to say about the ribbons, but we might have to agree to disagree on that topic. After all, the patch based on the 'charts', did increase the population by bringing back old players and encouraging new players to give this game a chance. Now again I am strictly basing this on what the population graph is showing as that is the only data I have access to. Any other information I give on that would be just personal observation which is less relevant. That being said, it doesn't mean that this ribbon patch wont lead to the potential downfall of the game as a whole, but that is left to be said, but as it stands, it as clearly boosted the games population.

2.Just like we discussed prior to the ribbon patch update, there are pros and cons to the patch, and quite frankly what you are talking about is exactly what I would say most, anticipated. The patch doesn't really help anyone who doesn't have the meso to afford a legend weapon in the first place. What they should have done was release the meso farming and sink rework along with this patch since it would have probably actually helped new players obtain the meso to purchase said epic and or legendary weapons.

3.Now as far as the disadvantages have, it's exactly like lots of people on this forum have complained about, the game currently doesn't do enough to actually support farming. If you look at the KR version, there are a few more solo/group dungeons that actually reward the players with meso,experience,items etc. Again, I know the big problem is the more meso you give access to the players, the more mesos get pumped out by illegal sellers, but at the same time, I am of the opinion there really isn't much they can do at this point to stop it. So either give players something to do after dailies and weekly's that allows new players to farm and progress at a faster pace, or make things untradeable. Obviously since both options make people upset, they try to meet us in the middle by giving us free 'progression'. But then you're left with the same situation where only those with enough meso can actually profit.

Anyway I guess I would actually like to see suggestions from people on how to improve the game. I mean anything that involves making meso's easier to come by means food for the bots, so it's either that or something else.....
  • SlimefaceSlimeface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,045
    1. Let elite players abuse the already crap ecomomy to the point where it will never be fixed.
    2. force new players to buy mesos to compete.

What a joke.
  • SouDesuKaSouDesuKa
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 240
    Please allow alts to take equipment from the bank, that has been made tradable through the use of ribbons! I see no point in not allowing this!
    DefraglifeXhilyn
  • facefacefaceface
    edited 9:11AM March 13, 2019

1.I see what you are trying to say about the ribbons, but we might have to agree to disagree on that topic. After all, the patch based on the 'charts', did increase the population by bringing back old players and encouraging new players to give this game a chance. Now again I am strictly basing this on what the population graph is showing as that is the only data I have access to. Any other information I give on that would be just personal observation which is less relevant. That being said, it doesn't mean that this ribbon patch wont lead to the potential downfall of the game as a whole, but that is left to be said, but as it stands, it as clearly boosted the games population.

2.Just like we discussed prior to the ribbon patch update, there are pros and cons to the patch, and quite frankly what you are talking about is exactly what I would say most, anticipated. The patch doesn't really help anyone who doesn't have the meso to afford a legend weapon in the first place. What they should have done was release the meso farming and sink rework along with this patch since it would have probably actually helped new players obtain the meso to purchase said epic and or legendary weapons.

3.Now as far as the disadvantages have, it's exactly like lots of people on this forum have complained about, the game currently doesn't do enough to actually support farming. If you look at the KR version, there are a few more solo/group dungeons that actually reward the players with meso,experience,items etc. Again, I know the big problem is the more meso you give access to the players, the more mesos get pumped out by illegal sellers, but at the same time, I am of the opinion there really isn't much they can do at this point to stop it. So either give players something to do after dailies and weekly's that allows new players to farm and progress at a faster pace, or make things untradeable. Obviously since both options make people upset, they try to meet us in the middle by giving us free 'progression'. But then you're left with the same situation where only those with enough meso can actually profit.

Anyway I guess I would actually like to see suggestions from people on how to improve the game. I mean anything that involves making meso's easier to come by means food for the bots, so it's either that or something else.....

1,2. I think we can leave 1,2 I mean the patch already rolled out

3. That's the core reason why many successful games don't tie endgame with mesos. Whether it is equips or enchanting material or whatever the system is, endgame != mesos/gold/currency. There will always be bots, how legitimate the gold/currency in a game is really depends on how good their detection system is, it's a controllable factor only to a certain point and hence why endgame is mostly untradable. The only real bypass is run selling, and that's as far as it goes. With how poorly bots are handled, the fact that nexon released ribbon is beyond me lol, it's not like runs aren't cheap enough nowadays, guess the only benefit is massive buyers for world chat to sell items. Endgame usually require specific items you need to farm and having multiple means to get these material, which only part of is purchasable and the other part you have to farm. Usually the buying part is farmed at a slower pace to make up the difference. I don't know what they planned for meso sink, but that patch shoulda rolled out like months ago. Increase the amount of bound chaos onyx and onyx so players don't get sh.itted on from the earlier meso hoarders in chaos raid sell. With epic pets being such a critical factor for cpap, it makes no sense it me why it's a meso sink either, I do believe it should still require effort, but having to blow upwards of 50 to 100m on g3 and candies upfront for the average lucky person really gates new players. They are announcing the rework this week, hopefully it's not sum sh.itty reload to catter to whiners.

Ps. the population increase from steam chart is prob from the removal of FF. Not saying ribbon didn't drive people that bought mesos to come back, but no legitimate player would come back from the release of ribbon
    Defraglife