Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop

Quality of Life (QoL) Changes

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 69,130
Administrator
edited 7:52PM February 20, 2019 in Project New Leaf
Dear Maplers,

The goal of Project New Leaf is to bring you a better MapleStory 2 experience through iterated changes based on feedback, not only making big, sweeping changes but smaller improvements as well. To get us closer to that goal, we’ll keep adding quality of life (QoL) changes to the game alongside the main changes we disclosed earlier.

Below is what we are planning on adding with the February 28th “Farewell Fairfight” update.
  • Fragment Tab in the Inventory: MapleStory 2 grants you all sorts of fragments for rare, powerful and special gear, but it’s often difficult to reorganize the “Misc” tab with all the boxes and fragments mingled together. We will be adding a separate “Fragments” tab to your inventory where all of these fragments will be stored instead.
  • Inventory Expansion: With the above change, we will also be increasing the default inventory size of the following tabs from 36 to 48 slots.
    • Gear
    • Mounts
    • Catalysts
    • Fishing / Music
    • Quest
    • Gemstones
    • Currency
  • Notification Pop-up for Legendary Gear with Purple Bonus Stats: Legendary gear with purple bonus stats can be the most valuable possessions you have in MapleStory 2. To prevent these items from accidentally getting destroyed, we will be adding an additional notification pop-up to confirm your action for the following cases:
    • Changing bonus stats
    • Selling to NPC
    • Dismantling
    • Throwing away or destroying
    • Using as material for unlocking sockets
  • Available Quest Window Improvement: The Available Quest window you get when clicking “!” above your portrait will display additional details, such as quest types (including Epic or Event) and quest levels.

We believe these changes by themselves are likely less controversial than other topics, and if you have any additional tweaks or suggestions for other quality of life improvements, please don’t be afraid to share your feedback in the above discussion threads!

For those who are waiting for an update from our previous blog, we are actively discussing our next steps with all the feedback we’ve gathered so far. We’ll share more details as soon as possible, potentially by next week!

Thank you for listening, and thank you for being part of Project New Leaf!

Sincerely,
LAMBCOOK
XtonyPoseNovuhzArchdruidsupermikyMaloyAnura_

Comments

• SolostiSolosti
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 575
    I realize this QoL adjustment may be pushed to the back of the line, but for the PvP community, I think it is important to at least make a note of it.

Upon completion of a Maple Arena match, instead of your character returning to the house you were in, it returns you to YOUR house. If you were socializing or doing house PvP in a friend’s house, you must return to their house after every match.

Please consider this QoL improvement! I understand the PvP community is small but this is a real pain.

Also, while on the subject.

MAPLE ARENA BALANCE ADJUSTMENT!

Thanks!!
    Maloy
  • MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,650
    The fragment inventory tab is such a huge QoL improvement. The extra inventory slots is a pleasant bonus. Thank you!
    DefraglifeMaloyAnura_
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,190
    edited 10:14PM February 20, 2019
    Fragment inventory yasss that' will help a ton. So pumped for this update. Wonder if there is a chance they squeeze striker in the next update.
    Maloy
  • AyumíAyumí
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 855
    I'm so glad as for a while I've been really struggling with my misc only having 6 slots left because of all of the fragments.
    While it's not as I originally hoped for (as I think if you have 8 Character Bound and 2 Account Bound fragments for a skin tone... I think you should be able to make a Skin Tone Voucher from those 10 as an example) BUT this is another better option.
    Especially when I'm now getting piles of dungeon and chest fragments that's now piling up more and more dungeons I do.

So this? I'm mostly okay with this.
    DefraglifeMaloy
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    I think making the fragments account bound would be super awesome! On alts they kinda just take up unnecessary space.
    MahoganiMaloyAnura_
  • DigaDiga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    edited 2:36AM February 21, 2019
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    For those who are waiting for an update from our previous blog, we are actively discussing our next steps with all the feedback we’ve gathered so far. We’ll share more details as soon as possible, potentially by next week!

What does this mean? Are we getting fairfight removal feb 28?
    Maloy
  • AyumíAyumí
    Defraglife wrote: »
    I think making the fragments account bound would be super awesome! On alts they kinda just take up unnecessary space.

Yeah, personally I think they should just be account bound. It would be an even bigger QoL as it would be easier to manage. Especially if let's say same situation of even if one character was running out of room somehow, you could at least use one of your characters to hold all those fragments. Not possible when they say they can't even touch them because they're bound to another character.

Diga wrote: »

I don't think they ever mention that it was coming on the 28th. People been saying that for a while and I just started seeing people mentioning it like it was fact when all they said was fairfight removal was in March. They never said WHEN in March.
    So I think "maybe", but I would not be surprised if we didn't.
    Maloy
  • PexcellPexcell
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,515
    A few things i would like to see fixed/added

1. Stackable fragments
    At the moment my inventory has fragments for vouchers but for some reason they won't stack
    for example I have 8 hairstyle vouchers in one stack and 2 in another but I can't craft them together
    which means I can't use them at all. I think it's important this issue is fixed.

2. Multiple block placement
    Placing blocks over a large plain is time consuming doing it 1 by 1
    it would be better if we had a click and drag option to select an area we want to
    place multiple of the same block.

3. UPDATE THE CRAFTING!!!
    Crafting isn't as good as it could be. A better way to make items would be to go out into the
    world and collect ingredients (WITHOUT A CAP PLEASE) for cooking and such. Like mushrooms
    and herbs etc etc and do it in a better way instead of grinding them in our house.
    We could also maybe make use of crafting stations ourselves in our houses and use them to craft instead
    with mini games instead of a boring load bar. I want to feel like i'm actually crafting and having fun while doing it
    I want to be an alchemist or a blacksmith and feel like I am when crafting.

4. Pet battles
    honestly this would be so fun if we could have a pet battle system similar to how WoW does

That's all for now, i'll update this comment if i think of more
    MadokaMagicaCetteMaloy
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    edited 6:30AM February 21, 2019
    Ayumí wrote: »
    Diga wrote: »

I don't think they ever mention that it was coming on the 28th. People been saying that for a while and I just started seeing people mentioning it like it was fact when all they said was fairfight removal was in March. They never said WHEN in March.
    So I think "maybe", but I would not be surprised if we didn't.

Nope that's not the case, read what Cuddles said:
    Below is what we are planning on adding with the February 28th “Farewell Fairfight” update.

February 28th “Farewell Fairfight” update

Basically what she means is the things she just listed in this thread are also things being added to the Fairfight removal update in February 28th.

Also reread the other blog about Fairfight removal date:
    Below are the parts of the game we intend to change in the March update (tentative date: February 28), based on the feedback we have received so far. At this point we’d like to ask that any feedback you provide takes into account these changes.

Today’s blog will cover:

Fairfight
    Trader’s Ribbon

They did said they were gonna 'try' to push the Fairfight removal update in February 28th. (tentative date for the patch).
    DigaMaloy
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    It is coming on 28 February. That's the first update in this program. Look at the timeline. So good things start coming on that day.
    Maloy
  • SlimefaceSlimeface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Keep catering to those 20 korean elitists and watch the rest of the base die off.
  • AyumíAyumí
    Slimeface wrote: »
    Keep catering to those 20 korean elitists and watch the rest of the base die off.

You're really sounding like a really bad meme.
    MaloyAnura_
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,115
    edited 11:10AM February 21, 2019
    Pexcell wrote: »
    1. Stackable fragments
    At the moment my inventory has fragments for vouchers but for some reason they won't stack
    for example I have 8 hairstyle vouchers in one stack and 2 in another but I can't craft them together
    which means I can't use them at all. I think it's important this issue is fixed.

2. Multiple block placement
    Placing blocks over a large plain is time consuming doing it 1 by 1
    it would be better if we had a click and drag option to select an area we want to
    place multiple of the same block.

3. UPDATE THE CRAFTING!!!
    Crafting isn't as good as it could be. A better way to make items would be to go out into the
    world and collect ingredients (WITHOUT A CAP PLEASE) for cooking and such. Like mushrooms
    and herbs etc etc and do it in a better way instead of grinding them in our house.
    We could also maybe make use of crafting stations ourselves in our houses and use them to craft instead
    with mini games instead of a boring load bar. I want to feel like i'm actually crafting and having fun while doing it
    I want to be an alchemist or a blacksmith and feel like I am when crafting.

4. Pet battles
    honestly this would be so fun if we could have a pet battle system similar to how WoW does

I agree with, especially 2 & 4.
    Maloy
  • NoxilNoxil
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    edited 5:17PM February 21, 2019
    Nice a little bonus unexpected boost in this comings update!
    Ive had full pets/bank for a while now, this is pretty sweet, can't wait!

My other QoL suggestions:
    1. please remove the DAILY dungeon limit cap, you can still keep the weekly limit because there is no change to the outcome of items/materials being brought into the game.

2. change all gemstones to account bound, and cost of removing gems lowered

3. allow us to preview almost all items via shift right-click. ex. right now in the style coin shop, there is a 'dark wind weapon box' this box costs 20 style coins.. I've heard at worst case scenario this box would take 60 dollars to buy... and you can't even preview it, I've looked online and can't find it anywhere.. paying possibly 60 dollars ( full priced new game ) for a skin I can't even see? yikes. Edit: some of the damage badge skins also dont show a critical in the animation video, this can cause worry since you dont know what your buying

4. UI changes, this is just a minor idea, but in the bottom right we have icons to click on. one of them for example is 'friends' when you click it, it will default to online ( which is the players just on your current map ) and then you have to tab over to the friends section to see your friends.... my idea is that these icons can be swapped around to better suit your play style... so in example, I don't often click on my friends tab, at all really, but i heavily will click on my mail box, If I could replace the little blue guy from 'friends' and replace it with a one click ' mail ' button, that would be awesome ! this goes for the others icons as well

5. a feature to lock the camera position

6. I play mouse+keyboard, there was a post months ago about improving this system... all I want it to be able to hotkey left/right click to skills, this would be amazing... If locking the camera is possible, then also rebinding scroll up/scroll down would be awesome too !

7. 64-BIT CLIENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. this stellar glass thing... you get 5 per week to then turn into a gem dust chest... why can't he sell 5 gem dust chests directly??
    turning in 5 glass, our options are 1 and 10 or not now... why wouldnt 5 be an option ?
    Maloy
  • KiymoriKiymori
    Suggestion: Fix Soulbinder Flash Strike Cooldown not being displayed since the unintentional animation transition patch.

Please and thank you.
    DeernissWaterMari
  • ArchdruidArchdruid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Pexcell wrote: »

1. Stackable fragments

4. Pet battles

1- This is because some fragments are linked in your character and others are not, and can pass to alts.

4- That's a great idea, and I wanted them to expand the number of catchable pets. There are so many cool monsters in the maple world that could become pets!

The other changes are all welcome. Just implement as it is and thank you, devs!
  • CetteCette
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 6:25PM February 21, 2019
    I'm really happy to see some quality-of-life changes. This was one of the biggest things I wanted from the survey that was sent out. I mentioned some suggestions in that, but a few QoL suggestions I haven't seen anybody else discuss:

1. Option to switch the primary/secondary colors for dyes.

2. I'd also like to see either more account-bound dyes, or have the ability to unlock some for merets. Dyes are purely cosmetic, but some of my favorite ones like Cosmic Cream are realistically impossible to unlock without tremendous luck and a very long amount of time. And although I don't mind it as much, dyes from trophies like prize-fishing takes a lot of effort I have to repeat if I want to use that color on an alt.

3. I'd like to see some changes with the posters placed throughout the world so they aren't always blank. Much like housing plots before the current discount, I only ever see occasional images posted in Tria and Queenstown. Compared to that, there's no reason for there to be large posters at places like East Auto Bridge that nobody ever uses. I feel like it'd help add a lot of life to the world if either the duration or payment method was changed, like having a voucher in one of the daily mission boxes.

4. Some way to read a debuff/buff more easily. In most boss fights the icons disappear too quickly for me to read or show up at a time where I'm too busy in combat to move my mouse to hover over it. Having associated buffs/debuffs in the encyclopedia would work, right now the entries don't offer anything besides category and location.

5. Please add commas to make large numbers easier to read at a glance, specifically damage numbers and enemy HP bars. This might be a small deal for most but I'd greatly appreciate the readability.

6. An option to hide pets in the vicinity of boss/elites, like the options for hiding players. I like to see other peoples' pets, but having to switch pets on and off each time I do a chaos raid can be a hassle.
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Not the QoL changes I was expecting, but they are definetely welcome!

I was hoping for thing like the ability to accept more quest (dailies) with the availability quest window, but especially replace the "create 10 Gem Dust Chests" to "create 5 Gem Dust Chests" on the Stellar Chest.
    Also more improvements on house building eventually.
  • SiriondalSiriondal
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Honestly with those inventory changes please also give us more outfit and mount inventory space. I don't see any use in buying expansions for those and right now I'm forced to store outfits and mounts on my alts because I have too many. A real hassle when you want to change outfit and you have to go change to your alts just to find your collection of shoes..
    Yes I might have too many outfits and mounts but when events give out so many in addition to your own collection it quickly fills up your inventory.
    It's all cosmetic too so why not infinite slots for outfits and at least double for mounts?
  • MarshmelluMarshmellu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    I know this isn't a huge change, but I would honestly love to have assistants to be able to be placed on the second floor in your house.