Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

"Toad’s Toolkit vs. Dungeon Delight" by LAMBCOOK

Comments

• Predestinat1onPredestinat1on
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 815
    So, what you're saying is my main, now has about half as much to do in the game...... cool...

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it one last time, just in case you actually read it this time.

Do your double drops, or whatever you want, that's fine. But I stop playing the game, when I stop getting rewards. And if your goal is to limit the amount of time players spend in your game, instead of encouraging them to spend more, then you're doing a great job; and yes, I know you limit players play time to appease your casual audience. But when it comes to players who have more than 8 hours a WEEK to spend on your game, like myself, you're really pushing us to go find/play a different game that doesn't tell us when it's time to stop, so the casuals can play catch up.

If you want an idea on how to appease BOTH crowds, here's one:
    Double drop for the first 30
    Every dungeon done after 30, you get 30% of the BASE [non event rate] loot drops.

It's a fair compromise, that is, unless you really do only want to market to the 8 hours a week or less crowd. But that's your move.

LOL dude, this is insane, you want to stuck in same dungeons for more than 8 hours a week? This is no good way to use play-time, casual OR NOT. They have such a big world out- there, I don't understand why the main-bulk of progression can't happen OUT THERE. Dungeons are fine, 30 is more than enough for a week, progress MUST HAPPEN OUT THERE !! So so much content under-utilised right now
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,705
    edited 3:19PM February 1, 2019

LOL dude, this is insane, you want to stuck in same dungeons for more than 8 hours a week? This is no good way to use play-time, casual OR NOT. They have such a big world out- there, I don't understand why the main-bulk of progression can't happen OUT THERE. Dungeons are fine, 30 is more than enough for a week, progress MUST HAPPEN OUT THERE !! So so much content under-utilised right now

This topic is specifically targeting the Dungeon system, the entire threads point is about Dungeons. There is zero reason why you can't have open world progression and dungeon/raid progression either uniquely or even overlapping to produce a good end result. Point being, you can have good dungeon progression AND good open world progression. It's not either or, and your argument only muddies up the conversation and detracts from meaningful and potentially good suggestions to improve the system at hand.