Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

"Future Feedback Initiative" by Jungsoo Lee

Comments

• BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,810
    This thread is a prime example of why listening to the outrage machine is bad for business. DEV's, you gotta play your own game, find out if it's fun or not and make adjustments to address the issues YOU find with the game.

The vast majority of comments thus far have been a bunch of salt and anger with very little actual constructive criticism and I would attribute that to the age of instant gratification and apathy.

The answer has always been simple, due diligence. Play your game, test it, tweak it, repeat. It's not talk about it, listen to responses, adjust, "rinse repeat". If you want my honest opinion, I have been wading through the bad RNG to minimal success, dealt with the horrible single player structures and walls in the game, and I'm still here despite the outrage machine trying proactively to destroy a game for sake of ....frankly I'm not even sure what to call it; the enjoyment of tearing something down instead of fixing it?

Point is not everyone who is still around is exactly happy with everything, and many still want to see quality, play tested changes based on the actual problems of them game. I'll stop now, because I'm going to get a lot of hate for even saying the game still has potential to be good, instead of the negative doomsayers in the thread claiming "It's too late", but don't abandon the core player base and stop listening where it counts due to a vocal minority of impatient hype gamers.
    SoamiCryotronLuminaEdgeTamakiSakuraNibbletkimiXalterroPredestinat1onLicoriceC
  • CaptrixCaptrix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 995
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    Dear Maplers,

We will soon be kicking off a 3-month project where we actively work with the MapleStory 2 community to gather feedback as we make changes to the major pain points of the game. Below are the phases for feedback gathering:

The goal of the project is to improve the overall ecosystem of MapleStory 2, including progression and the in-game economy (both mesos and items). We want to ensure that players are seeing enough progress when investing time into the game, while also ensuring that players are having fun. We hope to achieve both by making a number improvements of varying scope to the game.

This is a 3-month project because all of the topics we are going to discuss can significantly impact the game progression. We want to take the time to thoroughly review and QA each system before any changes get applied to the live servers. This ensures that we hit the marks we’re aiming for, as well as preventing multiple changes from interacting with each other in unexpected ways.

The entire time the game has been live players have been providing feedback because we were told you guys were listening. You constantly asked for feedback with every weekly blog post, that changes would come from the feedback.

Now, when the game really needs changes, you announce a 3-month plan?

Now, you want players to give feedback for improving it?

What about the past 3 months of player feedback that was already given by the community?!

We constantly provided feedback that was very well written, constructive, and thorough by many wonderful community members. What happened to that beautiful feedback? By now, probably forgotten, lost in the countless threads of people quitting the game. Countless times you were given valuable feedback that would of greatly improved the player experience, in the early days, where people wouldn't feel as screwed over if things were changed. It's too late.. You've sat on your laurels for too long, all the while saying, "We're listening."

The community sees this, the community remembers, and we don't forget nor forgive easily.
    Defraglifemirta000AnamiMieh
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 2:12AM January 18, 2019
    This thread is a prime example of why listening to the outrage machine is bad for business. DEV's, you gotta play your own game, find out if it's fun or not and make adjustments to address the issues YOU find with the game.

The vast majority of comments thus far have been a bunch of salt and anger with very little actual constructive criticism and I would attribute that to the age of instant gratification and apathy.

The answer has always been simple, due diligence. Play your game, test it, tweak it, repeat. It's not talk about it, listen to responses, adjust, "rinse repeat". If you want my honest opinion, I have been wading through the bad RNG to minimal success, dealt with the horrible single player structures and walls in the game, and I'm still here despite the outrage machine trying proactively to destroy a game for sake of ....frankly I'm not even sure what to call it; the enjoyment of tearing something down instead of fixing it?

Point is not everyone who is still around is exactly happy with everything, and many still want to see quality, play tested changes based on the actual problems of them game. I'll stop now, because I'm going to get a lot of hate for even saying the game still has potential to be good, instead of the negative doomsayers in the thread claiming "It's too late", but don't abandon the core player base and stop listening where it counts due to a vocal minority of impatient hype gamers.

the only thing I have to say to you is "minority?" I dont think ALL the players they have lost and continue to lose are "minority" I'd say its majority. They've lost a fk ton of players and continue to lose more and more EACH dev. blog. so not sure where your pulling this minority from exactly. The numbers speak for themselves sure they have tons more on launcher but if you take stats from Steam and apply the same percentages to those on launcher they are still WAYY down on the playerbase. This is being generous btw because most people from launcher just went back to MS1 honestly. The streamers prove that considering MS1 has more people streaming/viewing than ms2
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    We are aware that one of the major topics of player concern regards the addition of more guaranteed methods to obtain bonus stats. However we want to make clear that with the above changes we will be discussing with the community, we strongly believe that the random aspects of bonus stats should stay in the game as part of gear progression. This won’t be discussed or changed in the future.

Sincerely,

Jungsoo Lee
    On behalf of the entire Nexon Team and MapleStory 2 Studio
    ok, i mean im fine with farming for the useful bonus but dungeon rewards are motherfucking limited and these motherfucking value reroll scrolls keep giving lower and lower %... i bet u guys are just taking ur time and move on when the game shutdowns
  • EternalxEternalx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,895
    I just find it ironic that you say you will take on players' feedback and needs time to implement them.

This thread on Fair Fight started 5 MONTHS ago and has over 27 pages of discussion, yet NOTHING has been implemented.

http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/37250/petition-to-remove-fair-fight

How long do you need really? All the feedback on this topic has been here FROM THE START, yet all we got was a SLIGHT NERF to FF.
    DefraglifeMiehKaysha
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    the only thing I have to say to you is "minority?" I dont think ALL the players they have lost and continue to lose are "minority" I'd say its majority. They've lost a fk ton of players and continue to lose more and more EACH dev. blog. so not sure where your pulling this minority from exactly. The numbers speak for themselves sure they have tons more on launcher but if you take stats from Steam and apply the same percentages to those on launcher they are still WAYY down on the playerbase. This is being generous btw because most people from launcher just went back to MS1 honestly. The streamers prove that considering MS1 has more people streaming/viewing than ms2

Well first off, I don't count all the people who left during the releases inevitable fall off. All new games, every single one, has an initial player fall off that is due to a variety of factors, but the biggest is the most simple; people try something new to find out if they like it, and not all will stay, and in most cases most won't stay when a game had a specific niche to it.

If you base the remaining number of outraged individuals compared to the people who are just quietly or passively enjoying the game as it is, then yes; I would call it a minority. Trying to obfuscate and conflate numbers and actions without defining terms and circumstances is an exorcise is mental sleight and gymnastics. Which is the problem with cherry picking things that only support your opinion and hand waving away a large number of factors, inevitably someone will point them out.

Which is what I'm doing, pointing out that not everyone is hellbent on ruining the game by doing literally nothing but being toxic, flaming the staff and repeating a dead game meme; while trying to justify it all with selective and unsubstantiated claims.
    Nibblet
  • CryotronCryotron
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,935
    *Sigh*

You missed a big mark there, Jungsoo. You missed it big time.
  • AnamiAnami
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 10:04AM January 18, 2019
    Mark was missed by a long shot and they're going back on their initial promise of no pay2win, isn't Nexon great? I waited patiently and hoped to see some sign they were listening in this blog, all I saw was they were listening to the whales and not the majority of players quitting and those planning to quit. I'm uninstalling the game and encouraging everyone else to do the same I know that still plays. Not only has this blog proved Nexon isn't actually listening considering the remove fair fight thread is full of feedback and one of the largest threads on the forums that's been there for several months, but they also proved they're nothing but a lying sleazy corporation. This was yet another promise they went back on, we're at a high number that you can't probably count it on your hands anymore.
    MeowrenXXPriestXX44
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,365
    edited 1:05PM January 18, 2019
    The blog was kinda meh but not surprising, they want to do something about gear progression but we knew about this already. Everything is very vague and saying that "they consider X to be problematic" sais nothing about the "why". Some RNG based systems punish you for having bad luck (aside from the obvious downsides) e.g. the "change attribute" system, is this on their agenda? I dunno, it's too vague to tell.

Also lol@ listing "Gemstone Related Resource Gathering" as one of "the bigger topics" while not even mentioning the main issue people consistently complain about as something you guys can "confidently reveal as an area we plan to address".
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,210
    First off, here's some feedback for you. Remove "Fair Fight." It's a broken system, that I understand using for World Bosses, but not in dungeons, raids, or any other areas. Two. Where is Striker? Don't tell me it's coming in June. There's no reason to withhold the class.
    DefraglifeCryotronMieh
  • King_DemonKing_Demon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    3 months? this game wont be live within 3 months, i'd give u 3 weeks tops

dont get me wrong some of your things to review seem awesome but...no. why no fairfight? ( now i get it says theres other things to discuss its the thing that makes 90% of your player base waste all of its time. you're expecting me to run 60 dungeons on one char and 30 on the rest every week at an average of about 5 mins per run on the stronger chars, longer for the weaker guys. lets say every person averages 2 chars , 60 x 5 mins = 5 hours + 2.5 hours on other char 7.5 hours doing dungeons is just too long for a casual game. and dont even get me started on world bosses atm, people on EU dont even bother anymore with those

address your most important issues first before moving on to smaller things
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,390
    Alchemii wrote: »
    First off, here's some feedback for you. Remove "Fair Fight." It's a broken system, that I understand using for World Bosses, but not in dungeons, raids, or any other areas. Two. Where is Striker? Don't tell me it's coming in June. There's no reason to withhold the class.

Big facts!! I'm waiting on striker so long now I have been saving stuff for it but they are holding out. Striker should be released soon. It just makes more sense to have all classes available before raising the level cap or bringing awakening skills. Let the ones waiting to main striker be able to catch up to everyone it will be tough enough with how difficult it is to get a party now days.
    Alchemii
  • MarkxMarkx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 560
    For the love of God. releases the striker.
    DefraglifeAlchemiiMieh
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,525
    i honestly don't know what they can do to fix the game.. there are so many deeply rooted issues.

at this point i think the best course is to pull a Final Fantasy. shut down the game. an re-work it. 3 months or what ever aint enough to fix all the problems. i doubt even 6 months whould be enough, to do it problery

an just to comment on all the people saying they should remove fair-fight. it aint that easy. fair-fight is so deeply rooted in every thing.
    there are so many aspects of the game touched by it. that imho it whould do more harm to remove it without doing something about all the other stuff it impacts.

just to mention one aspect world bosses. see agien imo fair fight here aint just the problem. there are many other aspects that are all inter connected. you don't whan't a single person to kill the boss in seconds. with is a problem with the huge power creep. witch is a nother problem with the game.... but you don't whant it to take ages either... the world bosses are made in mind with having multiple poeple killing it. but when there are only a few. it becomes a diffrent problem too... so see there are many many inter connected problems not just fair fight.

an i could go on an on an on... well hope that makes a little sense

so yeh this whole thing whon't really fix anything... its going to take alort more to do so. well thats just my opinion
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,210
    i honestly don't know what they can do to fix the game.. there are so many deeply rooted issues.

at this point i think the best course is to pull a Final Fantasy. shut down the game. an re-work it. 3 months or what ever aint enough to fix all the problems. i doubt even 6 months whould be enough, to do it problery

an just to comment on all the people saying they should remove fair-fight. it aint that easy. fair-fight is so deeply rooted in every thing.
    there are so many aspects of the game touched by it. that imho it whould do more harm to remove it without doing something about all the other stuff it impacts.

just to mention one aspect world bosses. see agien imo fair fight here aint just the problem. there are many other aspects that are all inter connected. you don't whan't a single person to kill the boss in seconds. with is a problem with the huge power creep. witch is a nother problem with the game.... but you don't whant it to take ages either... the world bosses are made in mind with having multiple poeple killing it. but when there are only a few. it becomes a diffrent problem too... so see there are many many inter connected problems not just fair fight.

so yeh this whole thing whon't really fix anything... its going to take alort more to do so. well thats just my opinion

It actually is that easy. The only place that makes sense in having Fair Fight are world bosses. Outside of that a lvl 50 in full Legendary gear should be able to handle any dungeon boss below Hard Dungeons in seconds. As many of mentioned before Fair Fight wasn't even in KR til people started killed World Bosses in seconds, and it become common practice to demand everyone have alts to farm world bosses. So the game is perfectly balanced around not having Fair Fight in dungeons.

As I stated it makes sense having it on World Bosses, keeps them difficult, and gives everyone a chance to show up. But, it doesn't make sense to force it into dungeons.

I would say keep it in Hard Dungeons as well, to keep them hard, but considering people are demanding epic+14 and up on weapons to get into Hard dungeons, might as well just remove it. The hope would be people would let off a little on the new players with lower gear, thinking that a player with Legendary+10 and up will just carry the damage. Can't do anymore harm than what's already been done after all. -.-
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Fair fight is dumb Nexon. There's only two places it "belongs".... World Bosses [and only enough to give players time to show up] , and World PvP.
    It doesn't belong in any game outside of those two situations. It's completely antithetical to your games core design, get stronger to beat up bigger monsters.
    And if you're going to have people grind on several characters just to fund 1 character, to get stronger, stop wasting our time. And to top it off

What's the point of getting stronger, if the game is just going to take that away at every single encounter! Seriously, Stop it.
    Mieh
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,390
    Strikaaahhh!

Also why don't we have things like this in game??? The below link video would encourage people to hunt for pocket realms more reducing a bit of boredom ;). KMS2 has this.

[MapleStory 2] Pocket Realm in Kirtias gives Catalyst? 크리티아스 대륙 지하 세계 - 지하 에네르 광석 동굴

Alchemii
  • EternalxEternalx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,895

They had 2 CBTs to do that. Also, other versions did not have FF and they survived fine. They added something NO ONE requested for. In fact, the majority of the community was against it since CBT2, but they did not want to listen and so here we are.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,725
    Hey all,

Give me five things you'd change (if you could) about Maplestory 2, and why it is important to you.
    I'd like to know.
  • paipanloverpaipanlover
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,660
    edited 9:47AM January 19, 2019
    Hey all,

Give me five things you'd change (if you could) about Maplestory 2, and why it is important to you.
    I'd like to know.

1. I played on KMS2 right at release till I reach lvl 50 and I still like it more than this 'new' version. Start as beginner on maple island.
    2. Dont rush to lvl 50 by the main quest line. It took me about 1 month on kms2 to reach lvl 50. Felt good.
    3. Remove fair fight. I want to get stronger. STRONGER. I want to see and feel it. Everywhere!
    4. Release 'user created dungeon' creator. Was teased in KMS2 3 years ago and even here. Still not here.
    5. I want to get 95% of all equipments as a mob drop, not just from bosses. They should drop there more frequent.

Not gonna happen.