Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Another one bites the dust

VisualFxxVisualFxx
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
in General Chat

Apparently still playing but he's on his way out the door, this is the reason. This guy isn't a casual either as you can tell and so you can't use Git Gud here, here you can only blame this amazing game and it's genius idea's of progression.

Comments

• ÄrtÄrt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,380
    edited 2:52PM January 14, 2019
    It was posted already in suggestions I think. I mean, personally I failed +11->+12 on epic 16 times in a row on one char and 17 on other so theres no reason for that to not happen on legendary. Except I was doing it with 27-30% chance every time.

Open up some online rng simulation tool and check how hard it is to fail that many times in a row with that chance when that chance really is 20-30%, the one displayed in this game isnt real. It's half of it at best or theres additional things going on server side. Like some script checks if you bought enough merets or failed enough times and then decides if you can progress or not. Whatever it is that percent isn't real.

I've also seen guy with epic +13 and 170 stacks, guy was still collecting weapon copies so he can finally guarantee 14 and 15. Now imagine that happening with legendary, how much gold would need to be purchased because you would never in hell farm it yourself. How many months of collecting weapon copies.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Happens to all of us
    KiymoriUltralanUltimaPiXtonyBabou
  • BabouBabou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Ärt wrote: »
    It was posted already in suggestions I think. I mean, personally I failed +11->+12 on epic 16 times in a row on one char and 17 on other so theres no reason for that to not happen on legendary. Except I was doing it with 27-30% chance every time.

Open up some online rng simulation tool and check how hard it is to fail that many times in a row with that chance when that chance really is 20-30%, the one displayed in this game isnt real. It's half of it at best or theres additional things going on server side. Like some script checks if you bought enough merets or failed enough times and then decides if you can progress or not. Whatever it is that percent isn't real.

I've also seen guy with epic +13 and 170 stacks, guy was still collecting weapon copies so he can finally guarantee 14 and 15. Now imagine that happening with legendary, how much gold would need to be purchased because you would never in hell farm it yourself. How many months of collecting weapon copies.

Guess it's a typo and should have been 2.0/3.0%
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Happens to all of us

^This. Nothing to see here except the usual.