Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Party finder getting smaller and smaller

VisualFxxVisualFxx
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
in General Chat
I know we talk about this all the time and the recent "Excuse" was that it's the holiday that's why people aren't on as much! Well that sounds like the biggest crock of crap I've heard. Your telling me when your free you'll spend less time on a game than when you have actual work/studies to do? Come the hell on seriously.If you claim "they gotta spend time with family" so what about every other day of their life? Family only becomes important for a week span in December? Get real. Also today is Thursday at noon on NA East easily one of the most populated servers and we have 2 PAGES OF PARTY FINDER THATS IT. Literally 5 of them are bot postings and 3 of them are afk guild quests. Today is no longer a holiday from what I can tell and even a week or two ago the population on PF was much higher even at 4-6AM when obviously the game should be at it's lowest player count. Also let's add not a single god damned holiday event I mean really? For an mmo having 0 anything event wise is pathetic. Sure you can count Merry Village I guess if thats what you consider "Holiday event." But my god...New years? Nice new char. select background THATS IT. Waiting on a update from the dev's here since it's been forever since I've heard anything on their plans for January you would think today they would have posted something already considering server time it's 5pm. (12pm est) but I suppose we'll still not get any information on their plans to fix this dying game.

Comments

• MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    I kind of finally ended up not even logging in for the dailies. :c i think many are just bored and gave up
    HowlyeDanDK
  • ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
    I think people stop playing during holidays then was like they realize something that no one wants to log into the game to do nothing but chores
    DanDK
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    I know we talk about this all the time and the recent "Excuse" was that it's the holiday that's why people aren't on as much! Well that sounds like the biggest crock of crap I've heard. Your telling me when your free you'll spend less time on a game than when you have actual work/studies to do? Come the hell on seriously.If you claim "they gotta spend time with family" so what about every other day of their life? Family only becomes important for a week span in December? Get real. Also today is Thursday at noon on NA East easily one of the most populated servers and we have 2 PAGES OF PARTY FINDER THATS IT. Literally 5 of them are bot postings and 3 of them are afk guild quests. Today is no longer a holiday from what I can tell and even a week or two ago the population on PF was much higher even at 4-6AM when obviously the game should be at it's lowest player count. Also let's add not a single god damned holiday event I mean really? For an mmo having 0 anything event wise is pathetic. Sure you can count Merry Village I guess if thats what you consider "Holiday event." But my god...New years? Nice new char. select background THATS IT. Waiting on a update from the dev's here since it's been forever since I've heard anything on their plans for January you would think today they would have posted something already considering server time it's 5pm. (12pm est) but I suppose we'll still not get any information on their plans to fix this dying game.

I literally just login do dailies, prestige rank up and log off. I have no desire right now to actively improve my gear so until they put a patch out basically 'forcing' me to improve it, I am just going to coast and do whatever I want.
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 8:39PM January 2, 2019
    If you take a look at other MMOs on Steam, their daily players went up during the holidays.

On the other hand, MapleStory 2 in December:

0ZRZKNt.png
    DanDK
  • eme1991eme1991
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 360
    The problem is that there is nothing to do. And what we can do is when you complete the raid. The dungeons and the world bosses with the fairfight are disgusting. RNG is still bullshit. At first people tried, but after so many attempts one gets tired.
    I'm still playing, but the truth is that there are fewer and fewer people. I hope they change something at once.
    DanDKErykes
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    I would get on more myself, but my only remaining progression is gems.

You know, the upgrades that only have reliable attempts once a week. Maybe two times if I'm lucky.
    Yes, I know I can Treva farm for dust. No, I don't want to spend 20 hours just to fail a single upgrade attempt.

I would hunt world bosses for money, but since the fights take forever when people aren't doing it for a daily, I often end up doing something else.
    ...makes me miss the boss hunting swarm back when fair fight wasn't on the Karkar Island bosses...
    Social, active, and with benefits and gains. It was something to do back then.

Whatever happened to that Workshop thing they teased around CBT? You know, the dungeon/minigame maker.
    It would give us plenty to do if anything.

At this point, playing the game is just waiting until Thursday so I can clear my weeklies and then not being on until the next week.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Dude it’s thursday. The day before reset.... most people already finished their chaos and hard dungeons... use ur brain
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    edited 12:35AM January 3, 2019
    Nilrem wrote: »
    ...makes me miss the boss hunting swarm back when fair fight wasn't on the Karkar Island bosses...
    Social, active, and with benefits and gains. It was something to do back then.

Getting forced to do constant channel swapping in-between instant-killing bosses with no effort in less than 10 seconds while getting spammed with party invites and having people abuse inflated drops with covetous gear every 15 minutes? No thanks, that was just another chore that made people miss out on even more mesos if you didn't join the mess - and by the way, that's not the definition of 'social' any more than when you randomly clump 100+ people together in a single map for a lagfest during the Turkey event and whatnot. What people still don't understand is that fair fight is a necessary evil to a horrible design. World bosses (like a lot of other content in this game) needs complete remakes learning from other MMOs which they constantly refuse to do.
    Xtony