Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

its been a few weeks

AnomaletixAnomaletix
MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
edited 7:53PM December 22, 2018 in General Chat
I basically never play MS2 that much, im trying it again today on a fresh character

what have I missed out?

i also watched a video from vafflin about cherry botters, cool stuff
  1. is it still cool?39 votes
    1. yah
       36% (14 votes)
    2. nah
       64% (25 votes)

Comments

• JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    The game is still fun if you want to partake in the social part of the game. The community has ruined the raiding part though. You more or less need to be godly right off the bat if you want to join anything now in this game. No one cares to help out newbies or players with out extremely high GS's.
    ErykesEinoSherriMeso_ManGreyEnneract
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    At this point it's play with your friends and ignore the elitists.
    ErykesSherri
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    edited 8:44AM December 23, 2018
    Hope all the botters get banned
    The question now is will Nexon ban them or turn a blind eye.
    SherriPkmdz
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    edited 8:48AM December 23, 2018
    Anomaletix wrote: »
    I basically never play MS2 that much, im trying it again today on a fresh character

what have I missed out?

i also watched a video from vafflin about cherry botters, cool stuff

Currently if you play the game casually(which I recommend you do) there is really nothing wrong with the game as far as overall enjoyment is concerned. If you are playing the game to max all your gear and stats to be on par with all the PvE elite(never understand why people do this)then you might not have as much fun because you are creating an imaginary 'stress' on yourself to max your gear as quickly as possible and constantly stay up to date.

As of now there is absolutely no reason to rush raid content unless they introduce new dungeons that will require you to have raid gear to complete in a meaningful amount of time. All you need to do all the current meta relevant dungeons with ease is a +15 hard mode weapon, that's it. Trying to obtain full legend +15 or even just +12 is merely if you want to dance with RnG. For me I am already +15 but I am not bothering enchanting my legendary gear until it becomes cheaper or they introduce a patch that will make it harder for me to get +15 on my legend set(forcing me to do it now rather than later), just farming and rerolling stats until further notice for me.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Sammich88 wrote: »
    At this point it's play with your friends and ignore the elitists.

Pretty much this.
    Everyone else is just trying to be an elitist of a chibi casual game.
    GreyEnneract
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    edited 11:30AM December 23, 2018
    What are you, 5? Asking to ban botters is reasonable, asking to ban all botters is like asking the world to get rid of all existing criminals.

Honestly I think this kind of mindset is part of the problem. People asking for things but they don't know what they are truly asking for.
    What are you, 5? Asking to ban botters is reasonable, asking to ban all botters is like asking the world to get rid of all existing criminals.

Honestly I think this kind of mindset is part of the problem. People asking for things but they don't know what they are truly asking for.

I know what I'm asking for fool this isn't my 1st game dealing with bots and wont be the last
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    edited 12:49PM December 23, 2018

I know what I'm asking for fool this isn't my 1st game dealing with bots and wont be the last
    Clearly you don't because you still seem to be stuck on such a ridiculous request of removing "all" bots on a F2P game. I'm convinced that you are still in your teens(or at least stuck in that mindset as an adult, aka man child). Why? Well again, because you seem to be stuck on that ridiculous request.

Do you have a proposition as to how it'll be done? Please do explain your methods if you do.

One last thing, that is one of the dumbest replies ever. You played a game with bots and it won't be your last? How does that contribute to anything(besides hurting your own case)? Be careful about how you answer this part because I already have an idea of what your answer may be and believe me I already have a legitimate response to that if you're that obvious to see through.
    edited 1:12PM December 23, 2018

Clearly you don't because you still seem to be stuck on such a ridiculous request of removing "all" bots on a F2P game. I'm convinced that you are still in your teens(or at least stuck in that mindset as an adult, aka man child). Why? Well again, because you seem to be stuck on that ridiculous request.

Do you have a proposition as to how it'll be done? Please do explain your methods if you do.

One last thing, that is one of the dumbest replies ever. You played a game with bots and it won't be your last? How does that contribute to anything(besides hurting your own case)? Be careful about how you answer this part because I already have an idea of what your answer may be and believe me I already have a legitimate response to that if you're that obvious to see through.

Calm down it'd be nice to get rid of all bots but I know it's not going to happen especially a f2p game wow has bots and its not f2p. Gold farming bot don't care about ban cause they just make another account but players that use bot programs are a different story especially if their main accounts get banned.
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    edited 1:18PM December 23, 2018

Calm down it'd be nice to get rid of all bots but I know it's not going to happen especially a f2p game wow has bots and its not f2p. Gold farming bot don't care about ban cause they just make another account but players that use bot programs are a different story especially if their main accounts get banned.

Honestly I just wish that any permanent ban offense should be permanent ban offense. That's what Nexon should focus on instead of you know slapping a week ban or something for RMT players. As much as I want the bots to be banned, it's not realistic to get them all banned and we should cut Nexon some slack on. Like I said though, the RMT players should be permanently banned because their wallets can only go so far and it's easier to maintain a good reputation of RMT players getting banned than bots getting banned.

As far as I can tell, bot's influence in the game is mostly the Mesos(along with some other minor things) but RMT traders are also affecting the market but they are easier to deal with. It's actually kinda funny because most bots exist is because of those RMT players.
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    edited 8:18PM December 24, 2018

Dude you're getting all angry over nothing. If anyone is a man child that's you dude. He's not literally asking to get rid of all bots you fool. Yes, it be nice to get rid of all bots but everyone knows that it's impossible in this world. Since this world is not perfect. Once again stop taking every single word someone says to the literal sense. If you keep doing that then you're going to find out living in this world will be too hard for you. He's merely asking Nexon to step up there game in getting rid of botters as much as they can so this game can be more or less playable. Either you're upset bc you bot yourself and what he said poked you the wrong way, or you're just a very sensitive person. My guess it be the former one though.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Elitists have ruined this game. People are asking for end game requirements(6k+ atk, +15 weapon) in mid game content (hard dungeons). There are still some heroes who host any parties albeit very rarely (4/36 parties).
    GreyEnneract
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    Joint wrote: »

Dude you're getting all angry over nothing. If anyone is a man child that's you dude. He's not literally asking to get rid of all bots you fool. Yes, it be nice to get rid of all bots but everyone knows that it's impossible in this world. Since this world is not perfect. Once again stop taking every single word someone says to the literal sense. If you keep doing that then you're going to find out living in this world will be too hard for you. He's merely asking Nexon to step up there game in getting rid of botters as much as they can so this game can be more or less playable. Either you're upset bc you bot yourself and what he said poked you the wrong way, or you're just a very sensitive person. My guess it be the former one though.
    You used the word man child and suggested that I used it by the way you're wording it, your logical sense is way off. Also if your guess only amounts to those two things, your brain isn't going to get you anywhere in the world. So take that world stuff and shove it because if you really want to know how I am instead of assuming, you're free to visit my area and see me up close and personal before you start assuming the type of person I am. If you're not willing to that, once again, you can shove it.
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    edited 3:33AM December 27, 2018
    Joint wrote: »

If your guess only amounts to those two things, your mindset isn't going to get you anywhere in the world. See? We both can play that IRL game. So take that world stuff and shove it because if you really want to know how I am instead of assuming, you're free to visit my area and see me up close and personal before you start assuming the type of person I am. If you're not willing to that, once again, you can shove it.

Meso_Man wrote: »
    Elitists have ruined this game. People are asking for end game requirements(6k+ atk, +15 weapon) in mid game content (hard dungeons). There are still some heroes who host any parties albeit very rarely (4/36 parties).
    Pretty much. It's a bit intimidating for newer players to come in and see the requirements, it's a bit of a shame. I help guildies out when I have the time and so do my other guildmates but it's a shame that if we weren't around, those lowerer GS guildies might have quit.