Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

MS2 Appreciation Thread

TalnovaTalnova
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
in General Chat
With all of the negativity going around lately, I thought it might be nice to talk about the things we love about the game. I think complaining is important to help guide the devs and try to improve the game, but pointing out the parts we enjoy or find fun is important too.

Please don’t argue or put someone down if they like something you hate. We all have our own ways to enjoy the game. :)

For me my favourite elements are mostly the social ones.

I have fond memories of Mushking Royale now, because even though there was a lot of controversy, it was so much fun sitting around and chatting with others, doing the achievements and getting to know the community. Toward the end of MKR it was really fun trying to kill the best/famous players on the server lol (and dying mostly).

I also love the music, hanging out in Queenstown and chatting or chilling with the guild.

I really enjoyed dungeons at first when I was getting upgrades and making progress, before they turned into a grind for upgrade materials.

My favourite part is the customisation and UGC, it is so fun making your own outfits, and I also love the outfits on the cash shop (This month is painful $$ I want it alllll lol)
I personally am a huge rpg nerd, so it is fun trying to give my characters... uhh character, lol.

I would enjoy fishing more if I felt like I knew why I was doing it, it is a pretty fun thing to do while chilling out, but I don’t really feel like there us much point to it.

Oh and trophy hunting is pretty fun, especially running low level dungeons to complete achieves.
ShenRyujinMeso_Man

Comments

• LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    I truly appreciate the amazing skill on nexon with their touch of death everything dies. It it truly awesome how no matter how good a game is or potentially can be, they will find someway to make it worse and make you just not want to play any longer. They have really honed their craft and I have to give them props for sticking to their one hit game ko guns.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6BAAmORHrXbo7SC58Ul49v73u5xxAiSALTPReyuS3vvS54jJO
    Simonamirta000DanDK
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    I appreciate those people behind the scenes that work hard to make sure that the product works and is well tested. I don't appreciate those people who are directing the decisions that have been made.
    LilSlaverySecretiveTalnova
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    LilSlavery wrote: »
    I truly appreciate the amazing skill on nexon with their touch of death everything dies. It it truly awesome how no matter how good a game is or potentially can be, they will find someway to make it worse and make you just not want to play any longer. They have really honed their craft and I have to give them props for sticking to their one hit game ko guns.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6BAAmORHrXbo7SC58Ul49v73u5xxAiSALTPReyuS3vvS54jJO

I don’t want to like comment this but you actually made me laugh, lol.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    edited 5:03AM December 8, 2018
    I appreciate that Nexon has made an aesthetically pleasing 3d maplestory look, fairly catchy music, fairly fun and flashy jobs without unnecessary content or skills and kiiiiinda fun gameplay.

I also appreciate that they give players what they want such as
    - a new job
    - priest meme dash fix
    - PvP
    - fair fight changes
    - cheaper UGC pricing
    - discount double drop mode
    - dealing with bots
    - lessening dependence on RNG gear to enjoy new content by making chaos raid have a normal mode
    - revitalizing old maps by rewarding players through faction missions

Of course Nexon has done some stuff that I don't like such as
    - unfair UGC punishment
    - giving us less onyx
    - not accepting our suggestion of having variety in dungeons by making murpagoth/msl/ancient rune drop in every hard dungeon
    - not permanent banning meso buyers

Overall I think they're doing an okay job.

PG-hGvr4_400x400.jpg
    Most of all I appreciate Jungsoo for keepin' it real.
    Talnova
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,190
    edited 7:17AM December 8, 2018
    I like the general gameplay some classes provide.

I like the prestige rank rewards, (could use an entire Meister set and themed weapon skins, not just head and cape tho).

I like some of the dungeon specific gear peaces which aren't RNG infested like Varrekant's Wings.

I like the story up to Lith Harbor, after that your character losses all his personality and his personal goals become irrelevant.

My favorite content (from a gameplay point of view) would probably be normal dungeons. They're easily accessible, can be done solo or at least without a four man party while not dragging on for to long and are "relatively" diverse. To bad they're generally unrewarding and are basically abandoned content at this point cause Nexon fails to understand that end game in MMORPGs is not supposed to be restricted to a single path.
    CaitheTalnovaMeso_Man