Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Remove party finder / party premade in dungeons

g0dlyg0dly
MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
in Suggestions and Feedback
Here we got a nice update, 2 normal raids... but people still only recruit elitist in party finder.

Force players to use the automatic system, people selling raids and only recruiting elitist making the stronger stronger and the richer stronger.
Karma93

Comments

• AbsolutelyNotAbsolutelyNot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    Why not just make your own group?
    DanRPS
  • NBGONBGO
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 340
    This is one of the worst suggestions Ive seen so far
    DefraglifeDanRPS
  • AkarotAkarot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 585
    g0dly wrote: »
    but people still only recruit elitist in party finder.

That's because grinding dungeons is a chore. It takes max 5 minutes to clear BeyondLink and max 7 minutes to clear Fire Dragon with a team of at least +14. I'm sure it can be made faster with proper stats on items, gems and +15 weapons (these times are estimates from last patch, I haven't run FD and BL this patch).

I and many others are 'elitist' because if we had to invite you guys, who probably have barely enchanted your weapons and who most likely have completely random stats on your gear, the runs would take around 10-15 minutes each. Do note that would waste two times as much time grinding the dungeons. Many of us have others stuff to attend to as well.

And it's not unfair. In the beginning, we were the same as you, running Fire Dragon for 15 minutes a run. Instead of being mad at us, go to Party Finder and create a party with 'fd *your estimate atk* dps only/need priest'. Enchant your weapons and enter the faster running dungeons yourself.

It doesn't make the strong stronger. It makes the hard-working stronger. Just so you know, I have run over 150 Fire Dragons to get to +14. How many have you done?

Also, if custom parties were removed, it would instantly kill the game. Why would people want to play with strangers when they have a ton of friends in the guild? Or are perhaps playing with theirs friends from real life? Or perhaps even with their significant others? MapleStory 2 is more Social than most MMOs, it really would defeat the point if you can't socialize in this game.
  • ShenRyujinShenRyujin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
    I feel we just really need a raid finder button still but I would leave the party finder just for the ppl who want the option to buy runs for watever crazy reason
  • Karma93Karma93
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Akarot wrote: »
    g0dly wrote: »
    but people still only recruit elitist in party finder.

That's because grinding dungeons is a chore. It takes max 5 minutes to clear BeyondLink and max 7 minutes to clear Fire Dragon with a team of at least +14. I'm sure it can be made faster with proper stats on items, gems and +15 weapons (these times are estimates from last patch, I haven't run FD and BL this patch).

I and many others are 'elitist' because if we had to invite you guys, who probably have barely enchanted your weapons and who most likely have completely random stats on your gear, the runs would take around 10-15 minutes each. Do note that would waste two times as much time grinding the dungeons. Many of us have others stuff to attend to as well.

And it's not unfair. In the beginning, we were the same as you, running Fire Dragon for 15 minutes a run. Instead of being mad at us, go to Party Finder and create a party with 'fd *your estimate atk* dps only/need priest'. Enchant your weapons and enter the faster running dungeons yourself.

It doesn't make the strong stronger. It makes the hard-working stronger. Just so you know, I have run over 150 Fire Dragons to get to +14. How many have you done?

Also, if custom parties were removed, it would instantly kill the game. Why would people want to play with strangers when they have a ton of friends in the guild? Or are perhaps playing with theirs friends from real life? Or perhaps even with their significant others? MapleStory 2 is more Social than most MMOs, it really would defeat the point if you can't socialize in this game.

Closing the doors to a new player base is as dangerous as closing the party finder mate:).
    Play with the same 4 to 10 people will kill the game.
    It is not about "hard working", it is about math...
    New players don't have the opportunity to create team easily in this way.Also seeing the actual statement of the game you can already see that something is deeply wrong...Who has done FD farm (like me and you) is miles and miles away from the new players.
    That is good for us but ...The less players move inside the game the smaller economy we get.
    Tons of MMO stay alive because "top players" invest large amounts of money... nothing more nothing less.
    If you are aming to be one of those , that's great!But I think It is better fix for both HC player like you and me AND casual players.
    Mobile games/MOBAs/online games survive thanks to the large amount of newbie!:D and this is sooo good for me....when you know a kind of 70% of the game's population ...there is something deeply wrong there ahahah.

I agree that cut out the party finder feature is wrong but at the same time seeing 15/20 parties that sell runs ,it is not fun /correct.

Cheers:)
  • DanRPSDanRPS
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,320
    edited 11:06AM December 8, 2018
    Even though new players can't create their own raids, they're supposed to do that eventualy.
    Those elitists kinda have the right to be like that, since they did that massive of a chore that is gear progression.
    IF there aren't enough "top players", they'll have to decrease their requirements, or even they won't be able to do their runs.

I do believe that instead of removing one feature, you should try and make the other option more attractive.
    Like in WoW when we do random queue instead of picking and choosing just a few dungeons since you get bonuses from doing that.
    Neinier