Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Make Style Crates 100 merits each

Comments

• ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    edited 9:19PM December 8, 2018
    aylumos wrote: »
    Thank you!

No problem. Let us know what you think.
    aylumos
  • aylumosaylumos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    Clericeru wrote: »
    Thank you!

No problem. Let us know what you think.

I just finished watching it and he definitely touched on some good points. I'm already seeing players leaving the game for many of the same reasons he mentioned there.
    Clericeru
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    edited 9:43PM December 8, 2018
    I just finished watching it and he definitely touched on some good points. I'm already seeing players leaving the game for many of the same reasons he mentioned there.

The reality is that the style crate items are targeted to those whales and not the average consumer. I personally don't agree with that at all, and I do think there should be a higher focus (than currently is) on cosmetic items that are targeted towards the average consumer.

If a small number of large value sales are going to result in a higher profit than a large number of small value sales, that is what the company will aim to cater for. They know they can extract large amounts of money from a few players. Would they ever make the style crates cheaper? I highly doubt it.

I think a better suggestion would be to ask for cheaper cosmetic items that perhaps aren't as grand as the style crate items, but are able to provide people with some level of additional customization.

aylumosMadokaMagica