During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Make Style Crates 100 merits each

msongymsongy
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,055
Posts: 19
Member
in Suggestions and Feedback
No offense, the outfits in the style shop are cute - but they aren't worth $81 (45*3/1.667, Snow Rabbit Set) ~ $149 (82*3/1.667, Glowing Star Outfit Package). Honestly shouldn't be more than $20~30 for each set of outfits - you're telling people to spend potentially hundreds with every patch in order to look appealing (how cute). LoL/Dota2 offer just as good (mostly better) 3d assets and are priced infinitely better than your listings. So many simple problems that could be addressed if the devs/producers (or whoever makes decisions) tried to fit in the mindset of normal/average consumer.

Counter Argument
1. "If you don't like it don't buy"
You're the kind of individual that ignores bad consumer/business practices - of course there are certain things I don't choose to buy, but everyone should try their best to be fair. These prices aren't fair - stop being ignorant.

2. "Make more money to afford it"
This is not much different from the first but, I have/make more than enough money to spend on whatever I want, but this is just dumb. LoL's average epic skins re-build the character aesthetics from the ground up, featuring a new model, new particles, and sometime even new animations - and they cost no more than $10 (1350 rp, for the whole thing). Also just because I have enough to spend, doesn't mean I'm going to encourage terrible choices.

I wonder what would happen, if Nexon found some honest humility, addressed these and some of the 'chance at progressing' ongoings. Hmmm.... they just might garner more players and a happier player base. Having said this, I want to enjoy the cosmetic aspect of this game and have different outfits - so please do your part (be way more reasonable) and I will do mine (buy).
VeremisiaTamakiSakuraFantasykittenTheBuccaneerotarolgamAlchemiiHeartdonorCryotronMadokaMagicaLynniekinsand 5 others.

Comments

  • TheBuccaneerTheBuccaneer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    Posts: 4
    Member
    I 100% agree and posted about the same issue during Halloween. I hoped it would be fixed by Christmas but no... I am extremely sad as I love holiday outfits. To add to your point about LoL/Dota2, I purchase amazingly done Fortnite costumes ($15 for legendary-rank outfits). Some even come with their own particle effects or change mid battle.

    Most people talk about RNG and dungeons and all that. I'm just a casual player who loves customizing. I feel turned off from the game because I can't afford 52 style coins for a Santa shirt... Right now I was looking and thinking about getting the wings or penguin fishing gear for 4 style coins each, since I have 894 merits leftover from Black Friday. Oh... that's only 2 style crates... maybe I'll get 2 style coins...

    Seeing as it hasn't changed after the feedback from Halloween, I doubt anything will change in the future, but I'll leave this feedback anyway. I don't know how far UGC outfits will hold me over for customizing.

    I don't understand how this business practice is even profitable. Sell a couple of outfits for $100 and leave everyone disappointed... or sell hundreds of outfits for $15 and leave everyone happy?
    HeartdonormsongyaylumosAbsolutelyNot
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    Posts: 201
    Member
    I don't understand how this business practice is even profitable. Sell a couple of outfits for $100 and leave everyone disappointed... or sell hundreds of outfits for $15 and leave everyone happy?

    It must be more profitable this way. Do we have any sales figures to go off?
  • QtzQtz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited 7:31PM December 6, 2018
    they make more money of a few whales then more cheap sales

    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStrikeForce/comments/8ur0r6/read_this_report_to_understand_why_f2p_games_like/

    there is a reason they are selling it for those prices :) its not random
    DanDK
  • msongymsongy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,055
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited 1:35AM December 7, 2018
    Qtz wrote: »
    they make more money of a few whales then more cheap sales

    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStrikeForce/comments/8ur0r6/read_this_report_to_understand_why_f2p_games_like/

    there is a reason they are selling it for those prices :) its not random

    I never said it was random, also mobile gaming huh? Looks like neither you nor the reddit poster read the title of the sourced article. Maplestory may be F2P but it's not something that it's players want to recognize as a shitty mobile game solely intent on squeezing out it's customers (I'm giving Nexon the benefit of the doubt here, I've played enough games to know it's not wholly true). But even at the very least it's not a brain-dead mobile game.

    Considering how much heat there is over the predatory practices of micro-transactions in mobile gaming bringing up here it only furthers my argument. So you're saying it's reasonable that Nexon has adopted this lazy, shameful practice instead of changing I suppose...

    Also then, by that logic it's acceptable that only .19% of the player base should have good things because they are whales?????
    BTW a lot of people can afford to whale, I can to a certain extent and I know a lot of friends who can too - but let's turn the perspective for a second.

    Maybe whales are a sign, that shitty, comfortable practices like this 'can' work and meet the economic goals of certain businesses. But I think you can easily argue the same otherwise, maybe if a company notices whales - it should be a red sign to their marketing team that only a select few are able to enjoy their products. Especially if you make products for people to enjoy, wouldn't you rather have more people consume and have a much more reliable, consistent stream of sales all around?

    I believe this is especially so, for the F2P market - the intent of F2P markets are so that ANYONE can enjoy your game. But,.. - all of a sudden a little deeper in, you realize only whales can enjoy some of the finer things? Why not do some more creative problem solving with your marketing team, so that more people can enjoy micro-transactions with a positive feedback that also align with your goals.

    Also, I'm bringing this back to Dota/Lol (since you mentioned F2P), but there are lots OF F2P games that have fair micro-transactions. TF2, HotS, SC2, Overwatch, and Fortnite. Hell even BDO (their outfits cost around $20~40, and you can even buy from other players with in game currency), is more fair than this lmao - Man honestly I don't even have to say this because it's obvious regardless of gaming platforms, or whether it's F2P/P2P - often times the best games, also have the best monetization.

    Just because people asked for no P2W didn't mean they wanted other non-sense bullshit micro transactions. Stop being coy and use some common sense, I bet anything even the devs/producers wouldn't buy/play some of the very things they implement and try to sell to it's player base.

    I've spent around $140 on this game within about a month of playing this game, but very begrudgingly and it does not feel very good spending money on this game. I know you're thinking that in a way Nexon has succeeded, but man.. I'm only enduring it at this point because Nexon has really good concepts for games - but seriously terrible follow through and sometimes god-awful creative problem solving.


    Veremisia
  • StellaeoraStellaeora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    Posts: 106
    Member
    I mean, it depends on your perspective...I've opened about 40 Style Crates but with the mindset of "ooh, this crate gave me something" as opposed to "I'm going to dismantle everything right away" and I've never been disappointed or felt that I didn't get my money's worth. I experiment a lot with my characters' appearance instead of using only a specific outfit, though, so that's probably a contributing factor.

    Just chiming in to say that OP's sentiment isn't universal.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    Posts: 2,569
    Member
    edited 8:36AM December 7, 2018
    The Style Crate prices are definitely ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone would pay for them.
    But clearly people are doing it, and clearly Nexon are making a lot of money at the current price, and it's very likely they've already optimized it. Notice how Style Crates were only 30% and later 20% off during Black Friday, and still people bought them.
    And since they're completely cosmetic, whoever is buying them helps stall P2W from this game as long as possible, so I definitely am not complaining. Sure, it's a bit sad that I won't choose to buy an in-game Christmas outfit for literally hundreds of dollars, but thank you very much to those who do and to make my choice to keep my wallet safe so much easier.
  • LilyXSLilyXS
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125
    Posts: 78
    Member
    The insane price of style crates is what is stopping me from being able to buy outfits I would absolutely love to buy. Such as the Snow Bunny Dress in the Winter Set. If the Dev team made outfits trade-able or even Style Coins then they could possibly stave off the Bots at the same time. Two Birds with One stone.

    Basically this would be the case because the people able to buy the style crates are also the people able to buy Meso more readily. So, if they could sell something in game legally, to players who cannot pay for such stuff but can farm Meso then I would hope that people would take that avenue. There are plenty of game that allow trading / selling of cosmetic items, in fact, this is the first game I have played that you could NOT do such.
    VeremisiaHeartdonormsongyaylumosAbsolutelyNot
  • msongymsongy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,055
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited 11:48AM December 7, 2018
    Stellaeora wrote: »
    I mean, it depends on your perspective...I've opened about 40 Style Crates but with the mindset of "ooh, this crate gave me something" as opposed to "I'm going to dismantle everything right away" and I've never been disappointed or felt that I didn't get my money's worth. I experiment a lot with my characters' appearance instead of using only a specific outfit, though, so that's probably a contributing factor.

    Just chiming in to say that OP's sentiment isn't universal.

    Enjoying the raep I suppose.

    DanDK wrote: »
    The Style Crate prices are definitely ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone would pay for them.
    But clearly people are doing it, and clearly Nexon are making a lot of money at the current price, and it's very likely they've already optimized it. Notice how Style Crates were only 30% and later 20% off during Black Friday, and still people bought them.
    And since they're completely cosmetic, whoever is buying them helps stall P2W from this game as long as possible, so I definitely am not complaining. Sure, it's a bit sad that I won't choose to buy an in-game Christmas outfit for literally hundreds of dollars, but thank you very much to those who do and to make my choice to keep my wallet safe so much easier.

    Again, just because something isn't non P2W doesn't mean it requires retarded consumer unfriendly deals. Nothing is stalling P2W, you can have both non P2W and a healthy micro transaction market.
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited 12:55PM December 7, 2018
    I don't believe anyone is really against making such items more affordable, but that is the price that they are being sold at. I'm sure they did the math and projected how many people would buy crates and at what price, leading them to determine that 300 was the best value for them.

    As far as I'm concerned, if you don't think something is good idea, simply vote with your wallet. I won't buy the style crate for such a price, yet there appears to be many who do.
  • LynniekinsLynniekins
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    Post: 1
    Member
    I don't have a problem with the price of the crates themselves, not everyone buys them to immediately dismantle the contents for coin shop items. However, the coin shop items are too many coins for the rate of pulling 2 and 3 coin items from the crates. Either the crate price itself, success of pulling new items, or style coin item cost needs to be adjusted. $200+ for two full set outfits (that are holiday themed no less and won't even be worn come Feb) is ridiculous...
    TamakiSakura
  • LavendierLavendier
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member
    I agree. Lower the prices of style crates or lower the prices of packages or just make the outfits 10$ to buy from the premium market. I guarantee Nexon will make more business doing in the third way then the first two ways. And when the kitty package came out last month I saw maybe 2 people wearing the full outfits. The style crate system is failing. Fix it or get rid of it.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 257
    Member
    it would be ok with 300 meret a crate if the style coin aint too low.... but its too low...
    300 merets for 1 style coin.... worth it... totally..... also.... does style crate consider lootbox???
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,475
    Posts: 273
    Member
    edited 12:06AM December 8, 2018
    For reference, the new holiday outfit and matching weapon comes it at a whopping $210 on average ($350 maximum).

    The kicker is, the weapon set went for $6.50 in Korea, and they're charging $63 for it here ($150 max). A legitimately astounding +886% price hike, in a blatantly pay2win game no less... Fortnite is a scam, and even their prices are 80% lower with zero pay2win.

    Under no circumstances would I believe the claim that they looked at these prices even once. They must've used some randomzation button or got some formula mixed up somewhere.

    __________________________________

    We need one of two scenarios asap, for this game to be anywhere near the realm of some of the already most expensive games on the market:

    A ) A decrease in the price of boxes, a mild reduction on the 1-coin items sold for merets in the cash shop, and a complete rethought of all the style coin shop. One of those along is simply not enough. Even the boxes at $1, still has the originally $6 weapon skin at $21, the Snow rabbit outfit at $23, and the glowing star outfit at $50. In that example the glowing star outfit is out of the question, you cannot charge the price of an entire, fully resellable AAA game... for one server-time-limited online-only infinitely reproduceable and fully untradeable digital item. The Snow rabbit is a bit more reasonable, but the weapon skin, considering it works for one classes weapon instead of working like a badge that molds to fit the class it's equipped to, is unreasonably expensive still. The common items listed in the cash shop only need to come down by about 30-50%, as opposed to the 80% of the style coin items.

    B ) Convert all of the style box drops to be tradeable, either forever, or at minimum before being equipped. MS1 does this and it works excellently, getting duplicates of the coolest item is actually profitable instead of only being traded for a couple worthless coins (because of the +400% price hike on all those coin shop items). All you'd then need to do, is adjust the coin shop prices again, or more effectively, drop those epic tier items randomly in the box, and let the community decide how to price them. Yes, some single items will get up into the $20-30 range even though the boxes are $3, as they will be far more desired over everything else, but that also means the amount invested into boxes is concentrated into the best items, meaning the items the community sees as boring or low quality will fall to the bottom, possibly far under the cost of even one box, which gives lesser players some options, as opposed to the current scenario of being forced into buying boxes, only to get an item they don't want, to dismantle into coins that buy them nothing because everything is 5x the price it should be.

    Finally however, the smartest move would be to rid of the RNG boxes entirely and put everything in the shop, because honestly they're going to be forced to do so anyway within the next year or two, as gambling litigation is being written as we speak.
    VeremisiaHeartdonorAbsolutelyNot
  • g0dlyg0dly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    Posts: 18
    Member
    it's holiday season and they selling crates for 300? how about making some special offers?!!??!
  • aylumosaylumos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    Posts: 94
    Member
    I agree, basically nexon is losing out on a ton of sales because of their pricing.
    Style crates and buying individual style crate items with style coin are both ridiculously overpriced for a virtual and merely cosmetic item or set of items, and require you to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to get what you want. Even the price of purchasing one individual item is still ridiculous and pushing it.
    What it comes down to is that many players who the items appeal to and who would actually buy them either: Cannot afford to waste that much money on something intangible within a game that will not benefit their daily lives greatly, or simply decide that the item isn't worth the inflated prices that nexon is asking for them and they'd rather spend their hard-earned money on something else.
    And so, either way, nexon loses out on potential money-making a great deal.
    Not to be harsh, but no-one in their right mind and who has any grasp of budgeting, setting priorities, or properly handling their money and not impulse buying themselves into a hole will spend more than 30 dollars on an outfit set in a computer game. But 100+ dollars for something like this? I can guarantee that the majority of players won't be purchasing it.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    1. Costumes come with no stats.
    2. Most people hide other characters. Nobody will look at you costumes.
    3. You need to expand you bank or outfits tab every time when you buy costumes
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Posts: 123
    Member
    aylumos wrote: »
    I agree, basically nexon is losing out on a ton of sales because of their pricing.
    [...]
    I can guarantee that the majority of players won't be purchasing it.

    Nope.

    Whales carry Korean MMOs, not the majority.
  • aylumosaylumos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    Posts: 94
    Member
    Eino wrote: »
    aylumos wrote: »
    I agree, basically nexon is losing out on a ton of sales because of their pricing.
    [...]
    I can guarantee that the majority of players won't be purchasing it.

    Nope.

    Whales carry Korean MMOs, not the majority.

    I may sound a bit ignorant, but I'm not quite sure what "whales" are (I haven't seen the term used before). Also I'm coming from the perspective that I would think nexon would want to make as many sales as possible, and that the crates should be a bit more accessible to players who don't want to drop that kind of money on in-game cosmetics.
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited 9:12PM December 8, 2018
    aylumos wrote: »
    I may sound a bit ignorant, but I'm not quite sure what "whales" are (I haven't seen the term used before). Also I'm coming from the perspective that I would think nexon would want to make as many sales as possible, and that the crates should be a bit more accessible to players who don't want to drop that kind of money on in-game cosmetics.

    You may, well probably, want to watch this
    aylumos
  • aylumosaylumos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    Posts: 94
    Member
    Clericeru wrote: »
    aylumos wrote: »
    I may sound a bit ignorant, but I'm not quite sure what "whales" are (I haven't seen the term used before). Also I'm coming from the perspective that I would think nexon would want to make as many sales as possible, and that the crates should be a bit more accessible to players who don't want to drop that kind of money on in-game cosmetics.

    You may, well probably, want to watch this

    Thank you!