Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

A proposal toward fair fight in dungeons

AnamiAnami
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
edited 10:24PM December 5, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
So if you're excited about the new update coming 12/7, then you already know of the changes being applied to fair fight and the fact several of our classes are going to be nerfed even harder in content that we are currently breezing through to grind and work against RNG. That is that fair fight formerly was not applying toward elemental damage(which every class has elemental damage in some form, some obviously more then others[Wizard, Runeblade]) boss damage and other means of damage types. This means that depending on how brutal the fair fight nerf is applied, grinding 15 dungeons a day is not going to be something a majority of players can do anymore because sub 7 runs will become much more difficult to pull off. With a good party composition currently it can take you 1 hour and 15 minutes to clear your dungeons, however with these changes that number is going to jump to 2-3 hours and adding other aspects to the game(life skills, dailies, chaos raids) a majority of players do not have the time. This also means that stronger players are even more discouraged from helping weaker players now.

So I'm here to offer a proposition toward these changes to make fair fight an option, but an option with incentives.

The option to toggle fair fight in a dungeon, however if you toggle fair fight you are given double rewards at the end instead of just single drops like we currently are familiar with. This not only will give players incentive to use fair fight allowing yet more options to fight against walls of RNG, but it will also allow those who are not equipped to just do things normally and breeze through content that you have to grind.

This was an idea I discussed with some friends and this seems to be a good compromise toward what Nexon wants but also keeping in players in mind. it's an idea that would make it relevant for all levels of gear, allowing newer players to choose fair fight and get double rewards, while allowing geared players to focus on speed and using their obtained gear and stats to quickly clear.

Note: I personally side with the idea of world bosses having fair fight, especially due to the amount of players a single channel can have. World boss parties can still go, they'll just move a little slower with fair fight in effect.

Edit: Discussed this more, that if fair fight were removed but allowed to be toggled it would actually discourage run selling, because higher players would be able to assist lower players in minutes and it would take no time out of their day, they'd probably be dungeon capped so it'd over all help the game. It might be wishful thinking but if you also think about it this could discourage RMT because a constant gate I've noticed for new players when searching dungeons is that most people are selling runs that new comers can't afford, just to get geared. Like for example myself, if I capped all my dungeon runs I'd have no issue helping weaker members in my guild speed through content and get them geared up.. if you want to make it more restrictive, perhaps lock down the no-fair fight to 2 members max.
  1. Do you think we should have an option to toggle fair fight and if we toggle it, we get double drops?15 votes
    1. Yes
       53% (8 votes)
    2. No
       33% (5 votes)
    3. Indifferent
       13% (2 votes)

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,220
    You're basically asking Nexon to give double drops for free then.
    You could also turn your poll around: Have an option to toggle fair fight off but if you toggle it, we get half drops.
    The problem that's always been with fair fight is that it's a necessary evil to prevent the simplistic dungeons from being overly useless. The only real solution is to make dungeons that are actually dungeons from normal MMOs and have them provide their own rewards in terms of complexity, challenge and time consumed. Then there would be no need for either fair fight or dungeon limits. But until that happens (if ever), these are necessary evils.
  • AnamiAnami
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 8:57AM December 6, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    You're basically asking Nexon to give double drops for free then.
    You could also turn your poll around: Have an option to toggle fair fight off but if you toggle it, we get half drops.
    The problem that's always been with fair fight is that it's a necessary evil to prevent the simplistic dungeons from being overly useless. The only real solution is to make dungeons that are actually dungeons from normal MMOs and have them provide their own rewards in terms of complexity, challenge and time consumed. Then there would be no need for either fair fight or dungeon limits. But until that happens (if ever), these are necessary evils.

It isn't a necessary evil at all, considering I've ran every hard mode dungeon(with the exception of rune temple, which in my opinion isn't worth the hassle) at least 100+ times and they all are boring to me, I'm far from the only one who feels this way. Before the update I was able to sub 7(even 6) Beyond Link, an infuriating dungeon for those who aren't ranged as is. Not to mention literally destroy fire dragon by myself in reasonable time. Sub 5 on Balrog, which is a necessary dungeon for weapon upgrades now. None of this content is enjoyable, it is just necessary to get fragments and in my case kandura's pendant so I can better gear myself for the actual difficult content that doesn't have fair fight on it[CMOC, CPAP]. All this does is discourage me and others like me from helping weaker players out and encouraging more of run selling which I used to be adamantly against but at this rate if I'm expected to help the new/weak/unlucky? I might as well charge for the huge time waste. Which you know what that adds to? It adds to RMT, new players pressured to buying meso so they can get carried.

I wouldn't mind fair fight if the dungeons weren't so tedious, un fun and the grind to get equipment was a literal RNG nightmare on a RNG stick. I had to buy my kandura's necklace because I've ran upwards of 100 runs and not a single drop. I've ran balrog upwards of 100 times and all I've gotten are horns.. and don't EVEN get me started on how many runs it took for Lubelisk to finally give me my wings. Now this is several steps backwards and despite the fact I have the time to run dungeons, doesn't mean I want to drop 3 hours+ of my day on tedious, unfun content alone when before I could get 15 runs down in less then 1 hour and 30 minutes. On top of the fact we're time gated, the RNG aspect is literally relentless and what does Nexon do? They make it even worse on players who have been fighting with the RNG.. it's almost like they want us to quit?

Oh yeah, this is also going to make the restrictions for running hard mode worse in party finder, so once again I guess we're encouraging RMT then.

I'm not against fair fight on world bosses, but I am 100% against it in irritating and boring enough dungeons as is.

If people want fair fight, they'll lose time but they'll get rewards.. essentially a x2 reward gain versus a x1, the x1 being able to clear rapidly and quickly whereas x2 would be at the pace Nexon wants. X1 would be able to clear 4x faster, if not higher then a fair fight restricted dungeon.
    FrostZzWantSumCandy
  • WantSumCandyWantSumCandy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    bump. Nexon needs to see.
    FrostZz
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,160
    these classes has been top dps for too long anyway, good thing they get nerf all together