Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

steamcharts for Maplestory 2

Comments

• UltimaPiUltimaPi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    So what does Nexon Launcher offer that's so convenient? Other than easier botting capabilities, of course.
    BananaCat
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    mirta000 wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    According to this thread, almost every game dies because the population is highest after launch. The months after is always a decline in players due to people trying the game out.

when did you see a 90% decline in a live game?

Where you get 90% from?
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    According to this thread, almost every game dies because the population is highest after launch. The months after is always a decline in players due to people trying the game out.

Where you get 90% from?

Lowest point is 4000 players. Highest point is 48000 players. Which is actually more than 90% loss.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY

Where you get 90% from?

Lowest point is 4000 players. Highest point is 48000 players. Which is actually more than 90% loss.

So you took all time peak and compared it to a 1 hr peak?
  • mirta000mirta000

Where you get 90% from?

4K is the lowest point, not a peak. That being said, 24H peak is no longer 7K, it's now 6K.
  • justasomeonejustasomeone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 760
    yeah I don't know what OP's deal is, he/she is comparing first month's players vs now LOL. its obvious its going to be like this.. People try the game out and leave.. When a new Iphone or clothing store opens for the first day, 100's of people line up just to get first dibs. After a week/month it turns into any store you see in the mall. Does that mean its dead?
  • MiehMieh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,230
    yeah I don't know what OP's deal is, he/she is comparing first month's players vs now LOL. its obvious its going to be like this.. People try the game out and leave.. When a new Iphone or clothing store opens for the first day, 100's of people line up just to get first dibs. After a week/month it turns into any store you see in the mall. Does that mean its dead?

I don't think they ever said "it's dead", they said "it's unhealthy". And it is.
    While you do have a point, if the customer is happy and is able to retain interest in the offered product, it's a successful product. Now, if so many of them just toss the product aside, well... it must have a problem or two.
    mirta000DanDK
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY

Where you get 90% from?

4K is the lowest point, not a peak. That being said, 24H peak is no longer 7K, it's now 6K.

Your method of calculation is flawed. How old are you?
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Most of them are bots. and divided by many servers. The actual number of players in each server is terrible.
    Pro players do chaos raid and sell runs
    Noobs do hard dungeon only.
    what else can we do ?
    mirta000FrostZz
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    edited 5:58PM December 5, 2018
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Also here is your daily reminder that after starting multiple threads about quitting Heimer is still around starting drama. ;)

pretty sure i made like 1 thread about error 10053 that even mentions quitting, then error 10053 got fixed so i was fine?, and my post is a funny harmless joke picture about this quote

--Maplers are helpful and courteous. They always provide constructive feedback and respectfully disagree with their fellow Maplers--

not only did you point out the irony in that statement even MORE by doing the complete opposite of it , but your post is more of a drama starting post than my post so you are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing

i cant help it if you have some random vendetta against me and have to go attack me and remind everyone i made a thread about quitting months ago repeatedly because error 10053 was game breaking, and you keep doing it for absolutely no reason whatsoever

so I didn't start the drama, the drama came to me in a khalyk shaped package from out of nowhere

interestingly enough its always the other founders that i trigger the most

this community i swear lol

• OhmygodOhmygod
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 695
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if the majority of nexon launcher users were bots?
    DanDKMiehClericeru
  • UltimaPiUltimaPi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    Ohmygod wrote: »

Taken from http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/43809/state-of-the-game-week-7-by-lambcook/p1
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    With more than 20,000 malicious accounts being banned yesterday alone, we’d like to combat this as hard as we can to restore the market balance.

Would be hilarious if those were Steam accounts. But that's unlikely. If it's genuinely easier to bot through the Nexon Launcher, it makes more business sense (for meso selling sites) to use that launcher instead of Steam.
  • mirta000mirta000
    mCHEBbI.png

This is after the update. I gave it a nice 24 hours. We got a bump of 3K characters and we're back to 9K at peak times :/
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    Ohmygod wrote: »

The amount of bots going through in Ellinia right now on OCE is pretty high. It would be interesting to see what percentage of a servers population was bots.
  • BanxBanx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    mCHEBbI.png

This is after the update. I gave it a nice 24 hours. We got a bump of 3K characters and we're back to 9K at peak times :/

This is the first day of update. Sky missions seem cool and fun to do now, but will not in a week. They just added more chores for us to do. Their effort to combat bots are only combating actual players, hurting the economy and progress of honest players while not hurting bots at all. This is by far the worst update since I started playing this game. They f***** our progress in every aspect possible, which wasnt even great to begin with, now Its just impossible.
    mirta000FrostZzArSkulderSherri
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Yeah, elitists helped ruin this game with their dungeon selling and overpriced black market items. They will take advantage of anyone for a minute upgrade in stats, so now we're seeing a lot of nice people that enjoyed GMS2 quitting the game. In October party finder had at least 20+ pages on any given day. Now on reset night and weekends party finder is barely 9 pages. Guild recruitment, bot number spam and dungeon sellers don't count.

It's not just elitists but the general population as well that is continuing to kill this game. Having x amount of gs+ in parties excludes more players and make it more likely to have less people play with you. Again in October most of party finder was need this job or -insert dungeon name here- party. Now it's x amount of gs only or you don't get to play the game with me.

It's a social dugeon crawler where everybody is scamming each other and a little gear racist.
  • Lima3241Lima3241
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    Yeah, elitists helped ruin this game with their dungeon selling and overpriced black market items. They will take advantage of anyone for a minute upgrade in stats, so now we're seeing a lot of nice people that enjoyed GMS2 quitting the game. In October party finder had at least 20+ pages on any given day. Now on reset night and weekends party finder is barely 9 pages. Guild recruitment, bot number spam and dungeon sellers don't count.

It's not just elitists but the general population as well that is continuing to kill this game. Having x amount of gs+ in parties excludes more players and make it more likely to have less people play with you. Again in October most of party finder was need this job or -insert dungeon name here- party. Now it's x amount of gs only or you don't get to play the game with me.

It's a social dugeon crawler where everybody is scamming each other and a little gear racist.

I don’t see what is so hard about making your own group instead of blaming “elitists” or the 4K+ requirement groups in group finder.

Whenever I’m on a low gs alt, I do a quick browse through the party finder for groups with “any” in the title and if I can’t find one, I just make my own group and it fills within the minute.

Unless there is something else I’m missing here..
  • BanxBanx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    edited 4:26AM December 8, 2018
    Meso_Man wrote: »

I dont understand your logic. I dont like people selling runs either, because I know 99% of the buyers are mesos buyers, but since selling runs is not illegal they are not doing anything wrong. You should blame mesos buyers instead, for supporting bots. Also, what you mean overpriced market items? "Elitists" players have nothing to do with, this is just a consequence of bots inflating the game with WAY more mesos It is supposed to have.
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Clericeru wrote: »
    Secrots wrote: »
    RNG abuse is the core of the problem and that should be addressed before literally anything else if this game wants to improve.

May I ask, what is it that you mean by RNG abuse?

When progression depends more on rng than it does on player effort, there is a lot of dependency from the developers to keep failing. The more you fail, the more you keep playing. It gives an illusion of an active playerbase when realistically it's just a test of how much each player can put up with mentally.

It's lazy design in every way.

I can't help but feel this whole revamp could have been avoided if they just made it so the bonus attribute percents were static based on level of equip with a minor increase based on rarity.
    mirta000ClericeruMieh
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    idk... it took nx years to remove bots in mabinogi.... so i expect the same here
    i played mabinogi for 8-9 years now.... and ohh poor raccoons... they just kept farming them years after years and now most bots are gone, the gold sellers are still there and the game is kinda dead....