Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Anyone got any idea when Striker will come out?

SelkkieSelkkie
Maplestory 2 Rep: 720
in Classes
Weird to see Soul Binder come out first, just wondering if anyone has any slight idea when Striker will come out

Comments

• CasszuneCasszune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,585
    No idea. It's the class I hoped we'd start with instead of Rune Blader. At least we now know it will be the next class after Soul Binder so I would use this time to start preparing for striker. Get some unbound gems, accessories and other resources, find your future striker's pet, and go obtain as many account-wide trophys as you can so your striker has a headstart on attribute points. Get those prestige levels so your striker can take advantage of the perks at an early level. Save your non-timed event items/inventory expansions/Buff foods/potions for the class you REALLY want. Get your hands on the Holy Seraphim Weapon Box or other items that give you class specific prizes.

There is much to do.
    iUubrOZ.png
    MintyliciousUlukiniAnstoryDefraglife
  • InbumInbum
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,280
    edited 12:13PM December 2, 2018
    Casszune wrote: »
    No idea. It's the class I hoped we'd start with instead of Rune Blader. At least we now know it will be the next class after Soul Binder so I would use this time to start preparing for striker. Get some unbound gems, accessories and other resources, find your future striker's pet, and go obtain as many account-wide trophys as you can so your striker has a headstart on attribute points. Get those prestige levels so your striker can take advantage of the perks at an early level. Save your non-timed event items/inventory expansions/Buff foods/potions for the class you REALLY want. Get your hands on the Holy Seraphim Weapon Box or other items that give you class specific prizes.

There is much to do.

yeah but don't do any dungeons, just get gems, fish, and farm pets.
  • HoodlumHoodlum
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
    Wish i knew. I'm gonna guess February.
    Defraglife
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,705
    To be honest, I'm frothing at the mouth to play this class, seriously pumped to get my hands on it some day.
    I'm really hoping they release it in January, not Feb or any later for one specific reason.

Gearing Curve.

The longer the game is out the harder and harder it's going to get to get back to the top. Not only is Striker fairly niche in the gamespace due to it being heavily single target focused, thus making grinding somewhat slower; but getting into Raids is only going to get harder and harder as more and more players get the Raids on farm and only offer to sell runs, not just help out. Even guild will only take their best DPSers to the guild carry runs because less guildies = more carry slots = more profit.

Either way, Striker is the only class I really really wanted to get my grubby hands on, and I'm excited as all hell to see it some day.
  • AnstoryAnstory
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 3:00AM December 22, 2018
    Personally I want them to release striker as soon as possible, but I don't know their plans.
    February has Chinese New Year. that time will have a good atmosphere to release Striker, because the Striker class design has an East element in it.
    Defraglife
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,335
    Some time after the level 50 potion expires ha!
  • LanbobyonsonLanbobyonson
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,735
    Educated guess is March because Soul Binder came out twice as fast after Runeblade compared to cms2, it took 6 months between soul binder and striker in that version, so 3 months from the release of soul binder makes sense to me but they might surprise us all and release it earlier no one knows for sure.

I'm finding the game more fun playing it to prep for striker. I have a big list of things to do everyday and every week to get ready for it and it's fun doing them all.
    The longer the game is out the harder and harder it's going to get to get back to the top.

I'm actually finding it that the longer the game is out the easier it is to gear a class with good stuff. Prestige 130 you get 20% reduced cost on upgrading gems which is the last useful thing for now, combined with all the other prestige perks the game becomes so much easier to play. Yes there's an RNG gate but it's helped along tremendously by having mesos, crystals, and prestige. If you prepare in advanced especially I could imagine a striker with a legendary weapon in the first week of it's release doing good damage in cpap even if they had to buy a run (I personally don't think buying runs is a negative thing, the only thing that's bad about it is when they paid real money for it and didn't work for it). Could also see a striker with a +15 legendary wep before awakening which is when it'll really matter.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,570
    edited 11:28AM January 13, 2019
    Anstory wrote: »
    Personally I want them to release striker as soon as possible, but I don't know their plans.
    February has Chinese New Year. that time will have a good atmosphere to release Striker, because the Striker class design has an East element in it.

I agree I see February as the most likely release. It would be dumb to increase level cap or add more content before all classes are available. I want striker so bad. I been playing assassin for now but I don't enjoy it really it's ok. I want striker!
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Tbh, with the way corporations operate and with all recent "hints", I would expect Striker to come out with the awakening patch, not before. Company's love to have these gimmicks in their pocket because they don't see them as features, they see them as injected cash. And if you were to ask a company what's better than a content expansion to increase player interest and potential cash revenue, they'd say two of them.
  • FrostmourneFrostmourne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 450
    I'm worried since it seems to be sporting a single target melee playstyle, which Thief already has that role and it's not doing so hot right now. Maybe Striker will have a mechanic to help differentiate it.
  • DelveDelve
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    I honestly was hoping that we'd get an announcement this week so that the class's release would coincide with the lunar new year. So far we haven't had a teaser like how soulbinder was teased the week prior to its release. If we don't get a teaser this week then the class most likely will not be released early February (both runeblader and soulbinder were released in the beginning of the month).
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Delve wrote: »
    I honestly was hoping that we'd get an announcement this week so that the class's release would coincide with the lunar new year. So far we haven't had a teaser like how soulbinder was teased the week prior to its release. If we don't get a teaser this week then the class most likely will not be released early February (both runeblader and soulbinder were released in the beginning of the month).

I check for the update everyday multiple times for the teaser. I seen what KMS2 is doing for lunar new year I assume we are doing the same thing. It looks like a great time to release the striker! I want the panda mount too XD
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,280
    What I want to see is strikers pictures for the current weapons we can get in a box right now so I know what to hold onto and what to dismantle.
    Defraglife
  • ShadownatoShadownato
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 505
    We are most likely not seeing Striker until the plan for improving progression is complete according to Jungsoo Lee
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    edited 5:42AM February 1, 2019
    Shadownato wrote: »
    We are most likely not seeing Striker until the plan for improving progression is complete according to Jungsoo Lee

Woah didn't see that post. Bummer :( hopefully it will come after just taking care of progression improvements vs taking care of all the issues. So I assume March or April according to the feedback thing that starts this month. But it's good news it comes before the massive summer update.
    Shadownato
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    We won't be getting Striker for several months, if at all. The team is too bogged down trying to make everyone happy (which is impossible), instead of putting a good portion of effort into progression smoothing, and the rest into the content that will keep the game going.

For Jungsoo Lee to say they're not even considering it until progression is fixed, or some derivation of that phrase, makes me believe they want a believable excuse to hold it off long as possible. Progression is a never ending problem, for every online mmo to exist. Even WoW, the biggest and one of the oldest dogs in the market is still "addressing progression".

What you should read it as is "We're not discussing it until we release it, and we'll release it when we think it's financially best to do so."
  • DelveDelve
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310

We can basically hope for a Striker release with the next major content update around June/July (based on the blog post about the fixes)
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Delve wrote: »

We can basically hope for a Striker release with the next major content update around June/July (based on the blog post about the fixes)

That sucks. I just don't see why we must wait that long to be further behind everyone else.