Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - NOV 29th

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 67,860
Administrator
in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 29th at 5:00 AM PST. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 4 hours, concluding at around 9:00 AM PST.

ms2w-113-960x290-forums.jpg

- Start and End Times -
  • PST (UTC -8): 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM
  • EST (UTC -5): 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
  • BRST (UTC -2): 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
  • CET (UTC +1): 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
  • AEDT (UTC +11): 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM, November 30th

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -
  • Server Upkeep
  • Monthly Windows Updates
  • Changes to hamper meso farmers
    • Must be Lv. 60 to list an item on the Black Market or initiate a trade with another player
    • Must be Lv. 50 or higher to purchase an item from the Black Market or accept a trade from another player

Comments

• GrooTheWandererGrooTheWanderer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 29th at 5:00 AM PST.
    - What -
    • Server Upkeep
      • Must be Lv. 60 to list an item on the Black Market or initiate a trade with another player
      • Must be Lv. 50 or higher to purchase an item from the Black Market or accept a trade from another player
    Okay, we get the server update and windows update, but the deal with the Black Market...Why? Also my server is up and I was able to buy a Blade for my level 36 Runeblade WITH my Level 36 Runeblade...sort of does not jive with the "Must be Lv. 50 or higher to purchase an item from the Black Market or accept a trade from another player"... So this begs to my mind...what exactly did you guys do?
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 29th at 5:00 AM PST.
    - What -
    • Server Upkeep
    Okay, we get the server update and windows update, but the deal with the Black Market...Why? Also my server is up and I was able to buy a Blade for my level 36 Runeblade WITH my Level 36 Runeblade...sort of does not jive with the "Must be Lv. 50 or higher to purchase an item from the Black Market or accept a trade from another player"... So this begs to my mind...what exactly did you guys do?

do you already have a lvl 60 in ur account? if yes then that's probably why
  • CyberSebCyberSeb
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 850
    Sup engineers ! I was wondering why you'd change all our Crystal Fragments to account-bound as it is the only tradable currency in game that isn't taxable ? The Fees for trading mesos are too high for us to not have anything else as a trading currency .

-CyberSeb
    Henryethar3d0x
    Novuhz wrote: »
    - What -
    • Server Upkeep

do you already have a lvl 60 in ur account? if yes then that's probably why

As a mater of fact I do, you're probably right then, but then how would their planned implementation foil Meso Farmers, they would be able to do the same...
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,220
    CyberSeb wrote: »
    Sup engineers ! I was wondering why you'd change all our Crystal Fragments to account-bound as it is the only tradable currency in game that isn't taxable ? The Fees for trading mesos are too high for us to not have anything else as a trading currency .

-CyberSeb

Um, there's a reason there are taxes on trading mesos... otherwise they probably wouldn't be there, right? So it's perfectly reasonable that they try to prevent people from circumventing the fees.

Besides, any item with a value can be used in place of mesos. If you really want to use alternatives, Onyx crystals are an obvious choice as long as both people agree to the current value on the BM...
  • AnachronoxAnachronox
    What!? Man, using the black market for me, was FUN, I buy there, I sell there, all on low characters, why did you have to ruin that? Why have a black market only for the highest players? That takes away the cool functionality of the game, the bot reason makes no sense, there are bots EVERYWHERE - that do NOT care about the black market I bet, I'm discouraged. Honestly, I was having fun making my 20k mesos, even though to most that is peanuts, to me, it was FUN.
  • AnachronoxAnachronox
    edited 2:05PM December 1, 2018
    Might I add we start out broker than broke, and if we want to sell a lvl 14 staff, what is the harm in that? I loved checking to see if another player listed a staff better than mine (so I can BUY it and improve myself), and btw, this is coming from a player with 6 characters that none are 50 or 60 yet, and I take my time, I do all the cool stuff, but now no black market. Phhhhhht. I pay for premium; yet a limit on selling? Makes zero sense.
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,945
    Just permaban the bots already, and bring back basic functions like the Black Market and chat for everyone.
    GrooTheWanderer
    Just make it easier to report Meso Sellers, ban their accounts and ban bot programs. Those of us who just play the game already have enough to deal with. I don't socialize with any on my server other than those in my own Real Life house, can't it cost Merits to speak with others, so I live on a fixed income and can't afford any of that sort of thing. I may be able to break with $5 a month to buy a few Merits, which brings to mind aren't we dealing in Crypto Currency. You spend real life cash to buy NZ which is by admission a Crypto Currency, why do the middleman thing, just buy Merits straight and not go through the hassle?