Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

"State of the Game Week 7" by LAMBCOOK

Comments

• MiehMieh
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,230
    edited 11:54AM November 29, 2018
    I'm going to be blunt, I can't stand this situation.

I'm begging you, hear us out: look at this comment section, it's full of negative posts. We're not asking you to listen to us out of mere selfishness, we need what we ask for to enjoy your game. You need what we ask for because if you don't deliver, you might end up with a dead game sooner than what you think.

Why is it so difficult to understand? Why would it be so bad to give a weapon selection box in each dungeon instead of just in two of them? I don't see the logic here if what you want is to offer players with a variety of dungeons to play.
    I would play other dungeons if every single one of them gave one of those boxes, and it would greatly help because the absolute accessory fragments are divided across the dungeons as well, and I really need to improve some of them... and farm a ton of them too because you know, heavy RNG-based sockets.

And let me tell you, I highly doubt anyone will play BeyondLink Tris and Rune Temple for mere fragments. I'm not going to, especially because from what I understand in your post, we'll be getting 1 weapon and 5 armor rerollers in the 30 dungeon chest, so... might as well run the dungeon that actually gives weapons rather than farm fragments for a scroll that only gives us a chance to get better stats.

I've played this game since October 13th or so and I still do not have a +15, I feel that getting an epic pet is impossible and trying to upgrade gems with such low chances is just a waste of materials. I'm already at 54 charges on my +13 weapon. Soon, I'll have to start using them along with 8 weapons to maximize my chances to try to force the +14... And then gather more weapons to ensure I get a +15.
    Do you honestly think a player without a +15 will try to run anything that's not Lubelisk/ToI? Players are heavily discriminated because of their stats, and the first thing they look at is their weapon, if you do not have a +15 they think you're not fit to play with them.
    Know what makes this problem even worse? Your guild update. With so much room for new members, players are migrating from small and less hardcore guilds to the most hardcore ones so that they get a chance at being invited for raids.
    You're basically killing small famlies, to be frank, and now the feeling of a guild is no longer that, but a group of strangers to farm raids with.

And then you address the bot problem again. And again, you make the player experience worse by trying to fix it. You seriously need to reconsider nerfing the performance and fishing experience. Because, like many players have already pointed out, the story-progression to level up is a real pain. Just yesterday I was leveling and alt and I couldn't keep myself awake.
    I wish I had used my auto-performance vouchers on my alts. Now my only option is to spend around 8 hours per character, and that's just to get to level 50, then, I'll have a harder time gearing thanks to you putting requirements to using the Black Market.

If the social part of this game dies, which is already in the process by the way, it's dead. I have better things to play in terms of combat, and I will not hesitate to quit if you keep putting stones in our way.
    LaforetFantasykittenThendriksLicoriceCmirta000LießCariseiAwesomeOneDanDKClericeru
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,065
    edited 3:23PM November 29, 2018
    I enjoyed leveling from music, why do the players have to get punished because of the bots? There should be other ways to deal with the bots other than hurting the players. First it was channel vouchers, whispers, trading...now this :/

About the dungeon changes (Note: I'm mostly playing causally sitting with a 10+ Murp wep/epic set so don't that this to heart if It sounds wrong)
    As for the Epic weapon dungeon drop removed from FD, I rather have epics drop from all HD just with a higher chance of getting weapons for other classes. Maybe lube will have the higher chance for your class. If not that add powders and Chaos Onyx drops to the other HD that doesn't drop the weapon so they won't be dead.
    mirta000
  • CyberSebCyberSeb
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 850
    Sup engineers ! I like where this update is going but don't you think making the crystal fragments account bound is the only solution ? it kinda break our only non-taxable tradable currency RN
  • CitreaCitrea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    mirta000 wrote: »
    my husband auto played to 60 because he got really bored of the main story.
    I used black market heavily from starting my character.
    Your changes to dungeons are increasing grindyness instead of lowering it.

I'm sorry, but do you want players playing the game? You raised UGC prices, I stopped using UGC. Now you're restricting exp gain from music and fishing, restricting black market and making gear real grindy to get. How is that good for the community?

I actually think this person has a point that should also be addressed. The game content is arguably a bit dull getting to lvl 60 and especially for newer players, I think that all the changes that the team is adding is making it worse for them to join in.

For instance, I originally played the game for more of the social aspects, without much plan to get past lvl 30, but that dream was shattered with the lvl 50 requirement for megaphoning. But now, newer players can't even access the black market to buy/sell items on. And honestly, even if you block selling on the black market to level 60, why does buying need to be blocked? I'm pretty sure most people buying mesos/bots are probably past level 50 already.

This is made even worse from the fact that fishing/music exp is now cut down - meaning the new players who would like to just get max level to use these level-blocked features now take longer/spend more merets (if they pay for autoplay) to do so.

The game is pretty brand new still and my concern is that these solutions of simply level gating content is just making things worse by not reeling new players in (aside from whether it's even beneficial for the "old" players)
    mirta000MadokaMagicaArSkulderCarisei
  • WTBWTB
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    The solution is not punishing us all for the action of bots like this. I love this game but it feels like it's being destroyed on two different ends; Bots, and devs reacting to bots.
    PLEASE listen to us. HIRE REAL PEOPLE TO MODERATE THIS GAME.
    iinfernoCariseimirta000MadokaMagicaDarkpixie99DanDK
  • SeffronSeffron
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 755
    Well big reason why people spam the dungeons with the small part, yes is to get good rolled weapon. But mainly because of the enchanting system is joke.

There was in Korea no reason to use Peachy and there is no reason to use it in Global release too. The amount and how much enchanting via Peachy sets you behind just you could even get weapon for example from +10 to +12 is joke. Not going to talk about making from +10 to +15 , it would take months!

So people are using Ophelia to enchant and enchanting with it - you need weapon copies. So what you do is you spam dungeon what will give you it - right now Fire Dragon , later people will be spamming Lubelisk and Temple of Immortals (Balrog). And I won't lie, the enchanting system what we have right now (the amount of success RNG) is most cancerous system I have ever seen in MMO. People out there are sitting with 70 fails and still no luck to even get from +11 to +12 their weapons. Yes sure it is nice to get stacks on the weapon for example so you have enough to success from +14 to +15 and avoid 5% success rate, but still point is still the same you need weapons to enchant your weapon. And why you even need +15 weapon ? Well to be even able to do endgame raids.

AND THIS IS THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO SPAM THOSE DUNGEONS!

Nexon, it was nice to see you saw there is issue and you tried to change it, but I think you didn't get the memo. Why people spam the same dungeon over and over and over and over again. Is not because of the perfect weapon, but because weapons are needed to enchant.

So how could we fix it right way ?

1. Keep every dungeon how it is right now . We get Armor drops and we get Weapon drops, but enable us to use any weapon to enchant your primary weapon. This way we are NOT limited with one dungeon and we can run what ever we like. Example: I want to get good rings, well I run BeyondLink and get rings, but same time I get weapon I can use to enchant my main weapon I got from Fire Dragon, everyone is happy.

2. Remove all the weapon and armor drops from the dungeon. Keep the special item drops (Wings, Capes, Pendants, Rings etc.) and add Weapon / Armor currency (bound to class). Give us Exchange NPC where we can Exchange coins for gear. Dismantle will give us coins back. We just remove the fragment boxes.
    Everyone can run what ever they like again.

But to get the whole dungeon system right is something what needs to be done, game is already bleeding players and it gets worse everyday. Even I stopped logging in because I didn't seemed to see any logical point why I need to spam one dungeon over and over and over again and in the future do the same thing. There was no real reason for it. So for the long term of the game, I hope you get this fixed soon as possible or it will be too late. Seen something like this happen in other MMOs are most of them are dead now. So please listen you community advice and go from there.

I will not address the Accessory re-roll issue what we have (mainly as B4 is joke and getting there), this is minor over issue what game has right now with the dungeon spam / Hardcore Enchanting RNG system.

mirta000CariseiKayshaArSkulderJynn
  • BugReporterBugReporter
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    As others have said, a couple of alternatives to a better dungeon system would be:

1. Leave as they were, make all weapons of the same type (e.g. all bows) to be able to be used as enchantment to others so you can run any dungeon you want
    2. Leave as they were, instead of getting a weapon get a box to select which weapon you want
    3. Perhaps just rotate the prizes every week or so. So that if you are looking for specific weapons/armors you are forced to play different dungeons different weeks.
    mirta000MadokaMagicaAwesomeOneExiga
  • supermikysupermiky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,535
    @NXACuddles you're not listening to your fans.

It appears I was wrong to trust Nexon. It's such an disgrace.
  • AwesomeOneAwesomeOne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 725
    edited 9:07AM November 30, 2018
    Mieh wrote: »
    I'm going to be blunt, I can't stand this situation.

I'm begging you, hear us out: look at this comment section, it's full of negative posts. We're not asking you to listen to us out of mere selfishness, we need what we ask for to enjoy your game. You need what we ask for because if you don't deliver, you might end up with a dead game sooner than what you think.

Why is it so difficult to understand? Why would it be so bad to give a weapon selection box in each dungeon instead of just in two of them? I don't see the logic here if what you want is to offer players with a variety of dungeons to play.
    I would play other dungeons if every single one of them gave one of those boxes, and it would greatly help because the absolute accessory fragments are divided across the dungeons as well, and I really need to improve some of them... and farm a ton of them too because you know, heavy RNG-based sockets.

And let me tell you, I highly doubt anyone will play BeyondLink Tris and Rune Temple for mere fragments. I'm not going to, especially because from what I understand in your post, we'll be getting 1 weapon and 5 armor rerollers in the 30 dungeon chest, so... might as well run the dungeon that actually gives weapons rather than farm fragments for a scroll that only gives us a chance to get better stats.

Do you honestly think a player without a +15 will try to run anything that's not Lubelisk/ToI? Players are heavily discriminated because of their stats, and the first thing they look at is their weapon, if you do not have a +15 they think you're not fit to play with them.
    Know what makes this problem even worse? Your guild update. With so much room for new members, players are migrating from small and less hardcore guilds to the most hardcore ones so that they get a chance at being invited for raids.
    You're basically killing small famlies, to be frank, and now the feeling of a guild is no longer that, but a group of strangers to farm raids with.
    As others have said, a couple of alternatives to a better dungeon system would be:

1. Leave as they were, make all weapons of the same type (e.g. all bows) to be able to be used as enchantment to others so you can run any dungeon you want
    2. Leave as they were, instead of getting a weapon get a box to select which weapon you want
    3. Perhaps just rotate the prizes every week or so. So that if you are looking for specific weapons/armors you are forced to play different dungeons different weeks.

Everything That other people have already stated In the above Parts of the Quotes ^ I 100% agree with …… and seriously you putting a trade ban for people under lvl 50 or not being able to use the Black market till 50 … this is a seriously joke considering a lot of the bot community are already at this point lol!! Just look around it doesn't take long to find some of them .. better yet just go que for tronix bunker within ur 1st 5 runs … betting the 1st run you will see bots . Or just take a Stroll into ch1through like ch5 there's bots just chillin in Trina using the Board to sponsoring them self... What's Next are you gonna Nerf the Xp from the main quest killing the already mind numbing 8hr ish quest to make an alt.

And if were being honest all u need to do is a quick google / yahoo / onwhat ever search engine you use .. it won't take you long to find where there coming from...
    :edit:
    And another thing You guys changing it from spamming Fire dragon to an oblivion to …. Oh look balrog … balrog …. balrog … lubelisk … lubelisk … lubelisk … lubelisk