Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

"State of the Game Week 7" by LAMBCOOK

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 67,860
Administrator
edited 1:38AM December 4, 2018 in Team Blogs
Dear Maplers,

With a new week, it’s time for a new State of the Game blog. Since the launch of MapleStory 2, we’ve been discussing many topics in detail each week and this week is no different. Let’s dive right in.

Overall Summary
Our main topic today is a continuation of last week’s discussion: gear progression. We’ll be discussing some additional changes we’ve made since the last announcement, centered around Hard Adventure Dungeons and Enchanted Item Dismantling, while also going over bits of info regarding December content to address the issues at hand.

Additional Change to Hard Adventure Dungeon
After last week’s Producer Blog, we’ve received an ample amount of feedback. After careful review with the team and dev studio, we have decided to make the following changes:

Keep the dungeon structure as we have announced last week:

After a thorough discussion with the lead designer and the dev studio, we agreed that this new structure is needed for not only the current community but also for future new players to better experience the game with a variety of dungeon content to enjoy.

Addition of new rewards to the BeyondLink Tris and Rune Temple:

Based on player feedback, we learned that the community is mainly concerned about two things:
  • Players will end up running only Temple of Immortals and Lubelisk
  • Players will now be unable to get weapons and other gear at the same time, and this creates a disadvantage because players cannot see the new stats and options for the gear

As a remedy, we decided to add something which is very valuable for players to the BeyondLink Tris and Rune Temple. We are adding Epic Bonus Re-Roller Fragments to the two dungeons. When you run 30 dungeons, you will be able to get an Epic Bonus Re-Roller for your Weapon, and five Epic Bonus Re-Rollers for your Armor. These Re-Rollers will be bound to your character.

These Re-Rollers will let you re-roll your bonus stats and you will be able to choose to keep your current stats or the new one. Additional rewards will let you focus on each specific gear parts step-by-step and enchant them, knowing you can change the bonus stats later on.

Again, to summarize, with the new dungeon structure change, players will be getting specific parts of gear from each dungeon and a set number of Onyx Crystals and Chaos Onyx Crystals from the Normal/Hard Adventure Bonus Box. We have calculated the amount of Onyx Crystals and Chaos Onyx Crystals, including the amount you get from weapons from the weapon boxes, and tried to compensate the exact amount of resources players were getting from previous dungeon experiences.

Also, these resources will be now bound to your account and not bound to your character, as we have stated in the previous blog.

Reward Structure for Dungeons

isyJiWLl.png

Enchanted Item Dismantling
Last week we announced that Onyx Crystals and Chaos Onyx Crystals that come from dismantling enchanted gear will be bound to your character to combat meso sellers. And as mentioned previously, we expect to be able to give more enchant materials to players without benefiting meso sellers after this change is applied. As our first step towards this, we will be increasing the number of Onyx Crystals and Chaos Onyx Crystals you obtain from dismantling 10+ gear of any grade by approximately 50%.

December Content Teaser

Sky Fortress Faction Missions
Sky Fortress is right around the corner! And with it, brand new Epic Quests explaining the backstory of Sky Fortress along with Faction Missions will be added. You will be able to play new Epic Quest at level 50. These Faction Missions are where our next wave of changes have been made to provide you with additional/alternative means to obtaining gear and resources including items like Legendary Armor Bonus Value Re-Rollers.

Faction Missions are issued by, you guessed it, Factions. You as a character have a reputation with each Faction that you can increase by doing their Faction missions, and you can do multiple Factions' missions a day. Some Factions will require you to have a certain level of reputation from another Faction before allowing you to do their missions, so completing as many as possible will help you in the long run.

Completing Faction Missions will net you Tokens of each Faction you can redeem for various items. Each Faction has a different list of items available so make sure to check each of them. There are Faction specific vanity items like Name Badges, as well as gear progression related items such as Epic gear or Re-Rollers, including the  Legendary Armor Bonus Value Re-Rollers.

I’m afraid that’s all I can reveal for today as we are still busy fine-tuning the expansion, but more details will be shared soon!

Guild Raid Content
With the Guild base size now expanding in the December update, we also have an exciting new Guild Raid being prepared. This new Guild Raid is called Guild Xenon System and it’s comprised of 3 Raid Dungeons that Guilds can enter together (you can progressively unlock the next Raid Dungeon by clearing the previous one) . Each Guild Raid will give rewards once per week upon completion, with various rewards including Guild Funds, Guild EXP, and Guild Coins. Now with new ways to earn Guild Coins, we’ll also be adding a new outfit set that you can only purchase with Guild Coins.

guild-armor-2.png

The main design intent of Guild Xenon System is to bring in a new dungeon that all guild mates can enjoy together. Cooperation will be the key to clearing these dungeons with various teamwork puzzle mechanics, while the impact from an individual’s gear will be minimum. We’d love to see your guild rise to the challenge as one team!

Maple Arena
With the December 6th update, Maple Arena, Maple Arena will also be here! It's a fairly simple concept of 1 vs 1 combat system but we do have some major differences in detail with other services. Since we're making some final adjustments to this system, we'll share more details on this topic before the update.

Other Important Upcoming Changes

Black Market / 1:1 Trade Level Restriction
Effective after November 29 maintenance:

Black Market / 1:1 Trade Level Restriction will require you to have level 60 character in the account to list / initiate and will require level 50 to purchase/accept.

I know this change may not seem ideal for players below level 50 or 60 but our ongoing investigations are finding unintended use of these trading systems by meso farmers at low-level ranges, which is fluctuating the market prices. With more than 20,000 malicious accounts being banned yesterday alone, we’d like to combat this as hard as we can to restore the market balance. This change will be applied with the maintenance scheduled on November 29.

As for the community’s suggestion about displaying market average prices of an item on Black Market, we’re reviewing this internally and will let you know as soon as we can provide more details.

Crystal Fragment Change
Another change we will be making to combat meso farming is making Crystal Fragments account-bound. While this shouldn’t have too much of an impact on normal players (as you can easily buy Crystal Fragments from any Supply Shop as needed), we’re noticing some suspicious activities around Crystal Fragments with meso farmers and would like to make a proactive change.

Fishing / Playing Instrument EXP Change
With the above Black Market changes, we are expecting meso sellers to look for different ways to level up the characters. To combat this, we are also going to lower the exp gained from Fishing and Playing Instruments to level 60. This only will apply to regular levels and we won’t be adjusting the Prestige EXP earned from them to reduce the impact of this change to normal players though.

In regards to the above changes we are making to combat meso sellers, we tried to minimize the impact our changes may cause toward our normal players. But we do know that some changes will inevitably have side effects, especially for newcomers, and we will be on the lookout for any concerns to ensure we can make right adjustments accordingly. Please do know though that we intend on making more adjustments to clean the streets of MapleStory 2 and are expecting to need to make more of these types of changes short term.

Skybound Expansion
We have released a microsite featuring the key contents which will be added to the game with the first phase of the Skybound Expansion! If you haven’t please visit the site here.

To clarify one of the questions we have seen from the community, YES, we are adding one new free character slot and one purchasable character slot with the update. Also, you get the level up potion one per account. Please share the news with all of your friends!

This is just a slice of what we’ve been working on for December, and many more details are coming very soon too! As always, we’re carefully listening and striving to make the right choices for MapleStory 2. Thanks for being the best community I know. See you in the game!

Sincerely,
LAMBCOOK
MintyliciousiinfernoBaoCypherGlaniojimeExiga

Comments

• EcchiOtakuTMEcchiOtakuTM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,430
    edited 5:24PM November 28, 2018
    Nice

Edit: Wait wth this isn't where I parked my car.

Edit 2: Can you announce actually addressing peachy's lack of use with a rework? Feels bad that she's blatantly useless currently.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,160
    edited 7:13PM November 28, 2018
    so we dont get weapons from tris or rune??? rip... well still gotta grind lube or rog for weapons to +15 anyway, the weapon reroll is sweet but it can come later, FD is such a joke after this change.... no one gonna do it, it takes longer than usual dungeons and reward much less
  • CrevoxCrevox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,680
    edited 5:26PM November 28, 2018
    Do you just not understand? I am completely in shock that you acknowledged the problem and did nothing to combat it.

You straight up acknowledged:
    Players will end up running only Temple of Immortals and Lubelisk

...and then made zero changes to prevent this from being the case. People STILL have to run these dungeons for weapons in order to enchant their weapons past +10. Even IF you get a good roll on your weapon, or spend time running the last two dungeons to get these new re-roller fragments, this doesn't change the fact you need weapon duplicates to enchant. That is the reason why people have to run Temple of Immortals and Lubelisk. All you did was buff the rewards on the last two dungeons which puts those without enough weapons to enchant even further behind those that already do. Even then, getting these reroller fragments (which you have not explained how many you need, how many drop, etc) is still worse and slower than spamming the weapon dungeon for actual weapons with new stats, unless the value you're giving us is very favorable, but you didn't mention it.

Not only that, but you made the first two dungeons now completely worthless after you get at least one epic piece each from them. The higher level gearscore dungeon is now objectively better for armor since you can get reroller tickets, and the dungeon variety is reduced again. Are the dungeons not supposed to be equal but simply drop different items? You just broke the design philosophy you created last week.

You also made the new player experience even harder to level and gear up by doing these RMT changes. Players leveled to 60 easily through fishing and music after level 50, but those options are now nerfed. This wouldn't be a big deal, but you locked the ability to sell items on the black market until level 60, so now players are going to have a hard time making the money to gear up.

Come on Nexon, this isn't complicated. You're just making things worse and worse for newer players and new characters. The solutions are simple and have already been outlined tons of times by players and you still don't understand your own game.
    TaeleafClericeruFantasykittenPizzaBearWallSeriesCaitheCariseiTeSalveiNiaBuuuuuutwhYand 21 others.
  • ClericeruClericeru
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,770
    edited 5:37PM November 28, 2018
    Crevox wrote: »
    Come on Nexon, this isn't complicated. You're just making things worse and worse for newer players and new characters. The solutions are simple and have already been outlined tons of times by players and you still don't understand your own game.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if they are having a laugh at us.
    FantasykittenTeSalveiCariseiVeremisiaThendriksSibyllmirta000KayshaMiehAngelicaxoxoand 1 other.
  • chocolate420chocolate420
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 490
    One step forward, two steps back.
    FantasykittenThendriksSibyllmirta000IonCurMiehAngelicaxoxoInbumDarkGladxx
  • ingStefaningStefan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 595
    Must be Lv. 60 to list an item on the Black Market or initiate a trade with another player
    Must be Lv. 50 or higher to purchase an item from the Black Market or accept a trade from another player
    Uhm the lvl 50 bots are Buying items from players that sell their 1meso item for 300mil and they need a ban.
    They are not listing anything so why this change? This does nothing for the bots and needs to be the other way around ?

But seriously.. 70% of the players are buying meso. deal with them aswell cuz no punishment just gonna make more ppl buy it.
    FantasykittenWallSeriesmirta000
  • ExigaExiga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,055
    edited 5:19AM November 29, 2018
    Very refreshing changes! I'm excited to try everything!

EDIT: I've read the post again and slept on it, and although I like many of the changes coming, I also believe, like other people who reacted here, that the new changes will still limit us to 1-2 dungeons. The problem is that weapon enchanting is too important, which makes weapon copies one of the most important resources in the game. At the same time, we have six dungeons and want variety.

So, I suggest the following changes:

1. Revert everything back to normal. Every hard dungeon drop their specific weapons, including all epic armor. Like it is today.

2. Every hard dungeon drops the new bonus re-roller pieces. This is a great addition that fights B4 scams strongly and it should be in every hard dungeon. Actually, this should be even in normal dungeons, even if you will get less pieces from those.

3. Enchant changes. The problem is not the dungeons, it's the enchanting system, and it's very easy to solve. We have 2 roads: Ophelia (RNG) or Peachy (SURE), and it should be like that. But it shouldn't feel unfair. So to make this a little more fair, here are my suggestions for the enchanting system:
    ___a. EVERY epic weapon can be used to enchant your epic weapon. This is the most obvious solution that has been suggested many times before, and will roughly solve half of the current problems with enchanting. If you take only ONE of my suggestions, this should be it.
    ___b. Peachy should allow you to enchant just like Ophelia, but allow to bypass the limit of 30% success rate via extra epic weapon copies. Meaning, with enough weapon copies, even a 100, you'll be able to reach 100% success rate - at least until +14 epic weapon. The current rates can be left like they are for legendary weapons, but the success rates for epic weapons have to be changed.

4. EXTRA: Limit specific hard dungeon entry. To stop people from running the same dungeon over and over again, you CAN limit the hard dungeon entry to 3 times a day and 6 times a week per hard dungeon, like the chaos dungeons. It can makes things a little more interesting, forcing people to run all hard dungeons if they want to keep getting rewards, but since they can get all the rewards from all the dungeons, it will only force variety. Although I don't encourage this solution, with the right balance it can spice things up.

This is it. The community has offered these solutions many times before, both here and on Reddit. Please revert back and follow some if not all of these solutions.

I have no solution for the bots, though personally I wouldn't mind not being able to trade until I have a Lv60 character in my account. I actually think this is a smart solution. New players wouldn't care because they usually don't even know about trading and the black market until they are max level, and current players wouldn't be affected at all - because people can't read. It's not "you can't trade until lv60", it's, "you can't trade until you have a lv60 character in your account". Which will virtually affect none of the worried players.

Thank you for talking with us before these changes. It's never too late to listen to the community. We may not have all the information you guys have, but are able to point at some obvious solutions that might have been missed by the devs because of all the pressure from dealing with the bots. Thank you.
    MintyliciousAngelicaxoxo
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,695
    Skybound Celebration
    Join us during the first month after Sky Fortress and Soul Binder arrive for a massive giveaway! Maplers at Lv. 10 and up will get a truly epic package, featuring a special item that will immediately boost a character’s level to 50!
    Level limit problem solved.
  • HaliHali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,580
    So will there be some viable alternative for accessory re roll scrolls or is it going to remain potentially being scammed at b4?
    ThendriksMieh
  • SherriSherri
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,490
    Still does nothing to get rid of the bots, and people are buying from them in masses. We need some ban hammers served up around here.
    Mieh
  • PurifiedSeaPurifiedSea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 435
    I have a little bit reading problem...
    Can someone explain me about this
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    As a remedy, we decided to add something which is very valuable for players to the BeyondLink Tris and Rune Temple. We are adding Epic Bonus Re-Roller Fragments to the two dungeons. When you run 30 dungeons, you will be able to get an Epic Bonus Re-Roller for your Weapon, and five Epic Bonus Re-Rollers for your Armor. These Re-Rollers will be bound to your character.
    That means 30 dungeon runs WEEKLY will give you these rerollers or run 30 tris/rune temple to have enough fragments to make these rerollers ?
  • TeSalveiTeSalvei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    That means 30 dungeon runs WEEKLY will give you these rerollers or run 30 tris/rune temple to have enough fragments to make these rerollers ?

I imagine it's 30 runes of tris or rune
  • TexZeroTexZero
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,405

I think you only get the fragments from said dungeons and you need 30 of said fragments to make a thing ?

I can't tell because as you've said its really not cleanly worded or even portrayed in the diagram of changes.
  • TeSalveiTeSalvei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    Reading this today, I was really annoyed. Since the state of week 6 until today, I have been reading reddit and the forum itself and about 90% of people say the same: Leave the dungeons equal, and only change so that all weapons can serve as enchant. But when I get here I see them revealing the problem of doing repetitive dungs, and not solving the problem, continuing with it, even knowing that it is wrong.

For people who already have the +15 weapon or armor with% boss, this att will be a little better, but nothing that will change the repetition. Now for people who want to equip their Alts, or for newbies, this update sucks. Imagine that the person has neither good weapon nor good armor. She will need to go 60x per week in lubeslisk or balrog, until she can get +15 on the weapon, since most of the gs come from him. It will take at least 3 to 4 weeks to get this if you're lucky. Only after having the weapon enchanted maximum, it will change dung and go Fd / Lab or Tris / Rune and then run behind the armor. People are going to take twice as much time as they are today. You just delayed the game for these people.

While you can run FD behind weapons, and break a% boss armor in 60 runs. (60 weapons + 60 armor), with this upgrade you will only be able to choose one of them. If you want both, you're going to have to go 120x, that's just ridiculous.

If you actually read community feedback, this was to be solved simply and easily.

And I do not even have to go into more detail about the bots. Instead of having Gm banning the bots, or running to make a better anti-cheat, you are simply messing up the game of who actually plays. It's no use raising the level, locking things up. All these deviations only disadvantage the players who need to sell. If you continue in this, the game will not have more market, will rely on each turn in your items.

I really hope you learn quickly from mistakes. I see more and more the number of players falling, and I do not want the game to go further.

Talking about the other updates, they are good.
    CariseiKylieSSibyllJynnmirta000IonCurAngelicaxoxoShangheiliClericeru
  • MintyliciousMintylicious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,785
    edited 8:16PM November 28, 2018
    TexZero wrote: »

I think you only get the fragments from said dungeons and you need 30 of said fragments to make a thing ?

I can't tell because as you've said its really not cleanly worded or even portrayed in the diagram of changes.

From what I understand, you get the fragments when you run tris/rune in addition to a FULL reroller that you receive after 30 total weekly runs of any dungeon. So like when you get to the point you can use the reset beta, you'll receive a reroller along with your 30 dungeon reward chest.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,555
    TexZero wrote: »

From what I understand, you get the fragments when you run tris/rune in addition to a FULL reroller that you receive after 30 total weekly runs of any dungeon. So like when you get to the point you can use the reset beta, you'll receive a reroller along with your 30 dungeon reward chest.

Yep that sounds about right. 1 weapon reroll and 5 armor reroll when you complete 30 dungeons, so I am guessing you can get 2 weapon and 10 armor reroll for using up all 60 runs per week, which isn't too shabby since people can start enchanting their weapon with sub-par stats.
  • QtzQtz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,365
    edited 8:49PM November 28, 2018
    "State of the Game Week 7" btw , from the overview it looks like people are talking in the old post
    MadokaMagica
  • PurifiedSeaPurifiedSea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 435
    edited 9:30PM November 28, 2018
    People please! Give them a break
    They're trying to improve things and they're still listening to our opinions.
    Proof: Onyx Crystal Changed to Account Bound
    Add rerollers to the dungeon system...This isnt a bad thing at all.
    Crevox wrote: »
    Even IF you get a good roll on your weapon, or spend time running the last two dungeons to get these new re-roller fragments, this doesn't change the fact you need weapon duplicates to enchant. That is the reason why people have to run Temple of Immortals and Lubelisk. All you did was buff the rewards on the last two dungeons which puts those without enough weapons to enchant even further behind those that already do. Even then, getting these reroller fragments (which you have not explained how many you need, how many drop, etc) is still worse and slower than spamming the weapon dungeon for actual weapons with new stats, unless the value you're giving us is very favorable, but you didn't mention it.

This guy is so negative. These are the BONUS rewards...not some default rewards we''ve had before for you to bash on. Slower ? Excuse me ? Who force you to do it?
    Rerollers are not attribute chaging. For those who keep farming the weapons to enchant +11 up, this doesnt affect you and doesnt FORCE you to run the last two dungeons.
    You can still do 30 dungeons and get 30 weapons like before...just not 30 armor...
    ---- IN EXCHANGE, the diversity of the dungeon is increased a little bit, we got 1 weapon reroller and 5 armor reroller. Not mention that sweet Varrekant''s Horn and Wings farming. But i do agree is that after done with the armors from FD/LAB...it''s not even worth running it. But hey , you will still experience FD and LAB as new players enough then can forget about it.

THIS ISNT A COMPLETE LOST AT ALL. I mean, what are you thinking? After +15 and farming armors for the rest of your life ?
    You will eventually get stats you need on your armors. Want to upgrade the stats? Use the freaking Rerollers. I bet it will be a lots.Plzzzzzzzz
    Are you expecting to get a good mid-end game armor gear in 1, 2 weeks ?

These rerollers are also good news for players who got +15 weapon and dream stats on their armor but not high enough.

BOTTOM LINE, Weapon progression is still the same with 1~2 weapon reroller per week and Varrekant farm.
    Armor lost? They''ve made up for it. Those armor rerollesr are something. It doesnt take long for you to farm armor.

Babou
  • VaronthVaronth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 645
    Weapon re-rollers mean nothing. Armor rerollers is somewhat fine I guess, but weapon rerollers are just straight up useless to counter the argument of rerunning dungeons. There is just too much emphasis on the weapon upgrades past +10, and they require weapon duplicates.

A +15 weapon with no secondary stats at all is still worth more than twice the amount of pure damage than a weapon with perfect secondary stats but +10.

So yeah, you realise that people will only run Temple of the Immortal and Lubelisk, but you just don't intent on changing that.

CariseiCaitheMieh
  • LicoriceCLicoriceC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    edited 10:44PM November 28, 2018
    First, I do appreciate the continuing effort towards improvement.

The original post referenced newcomers' experience multiple times, so I hope there's careful assessment of side effects from limiting so many functions based on level. I keep seeing more and more functions limited or removed, but when will it be enough?
    Right now, a newcomer who needs help in game is pretty much limited to begging through local chat - no channel, world, mail, or whispers (even if between friends, which I think should be allowed). They could use party or group chat if they first find someone locally willing to chat.Now they can't even trade with anyone else (selling or purchasing) if <level60/50.
    Meanwhile, bots are demonstrating they don't have trouble reaching level 50/60 - it's just a delay for them. It's hard for players to find fellow humans in the normal dungeons.

Sure, level 50 is technically not that hard to reach, especially if you adhere to the main questline and power through it. I wouldn't have liked my first experience in the game to be like what it is now. Soon it'll become a solo game for new accounts, excluded from the community. Increasing function limitations/removals eventually affect players beyond the level limit, too.
    I don't really understand how this remedy relates to the concerns (or the math from this explanation, glad I'm not the only one).
    On a related note, Labyrinthe Halls & Fire Dragon dungeons currently feel less rewarding because they don't drop rare items currently in high demand on the market; essentially the main reason to run them is to enchant Murpagoth weapons with a side benefit of armor gear/dismantle. Although the planned changes want to provide greater incentive for players to run all the types of dungeons (participate in more of the content), the reward value still feels unbalanced.

Edit: P.S. Isn't this thread title supposed to be Week 7? It currently says "State of the Game Week 6"
    CariseiTeSalveiMiehMadokaMagica