Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Nexon these hacks are available

VisualFxxVisualFxx
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
edited 2:06AM November 27, 2018 in General Chat
So on top of calling out some of the top players in the game by finding them on hacking sites/selling sites cause some of them aren't very smart and can't hide their steps well, I'm also going to post screen shots of currently available functional hacks so that Nexon can hopefully know which method to take to patch these or fix them on their end. These hacks have all pretty much been around since MS1 so the fact they haven't figured it out yet is not a good sign for the longevity of this game. As the first one died from bots/hackers as well then they threw p2w on top of not doing much about the hackers besides "banning" but it's f2p game and it's not like anyone who hacks/bots uses their mains let's get real. They just funnel from bot accounts to the main or other people. So the bans are almost completely useless because it doesn't stop them not even for 5 seconds as you can run multiple instances of MS with Vm's.

@Nexon If these images are not allowed here and there is a way I may contact you without going through the hassle of support which is laughable then please obviously take this down and feel free to PM me about how to reach out as I have pretty decent information or can obtain it and provide it back to you guys. Obviously could find this on your own but I know the team over there is busy at times and can't be doing everything at once.
DanDKMeso_ManHeimerdingerKupoNutThendriksPkmdz

Comments

• MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    You mean busy as in copy pasting the pre-existing events and setting up holiday sales to get those dollars in their pocket?

BAHAHAHA.

Although, those screenshots might do more damage than help out the game, since now everyone who checks the forums are aware of those softwares.
    DanDKBabouThendriks
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    anyone who uses google is aware of these...Literally don't have to type much into google besides what you probably think you should =p We're in the age of technology friend everyone is smart enough to know how to find these so I don't think the pictures did much damage.
    DanDKThendriks
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    At least I wasn't aware of it because I didn't type in "maplestory" "hack" but now I know.
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MochiAi wrote: »
    At least I wasn't aware of it because I didn't type in "maplestory" "hack" but now I know.

Oh well most people who are interested or thought about it know already and if they didn't like I said it's not hard to find out. Everyone knows EVERY game has hacks/exploits so if that was their plan they'd find them on their own. But that's why I said if this was against Nexon or the rules in some way to just take it down if need be. I just think it helps the company to know WHERE the more broken areas of their game are so they can focus on that part of the code and make some more adjustments to it to make it more secure.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    I removed your images because there is simply no reason to add those to a public forum.

I've also forwarded them to the Nexon team, but I am sure they are already aware of it.

These exist, and always will. It's an ongoing fight against hackers and that is never going to change. We can only hope that we get better guarding and they lose some of their willpower.
    Meso_ManVisualFxxOneConfusedMilletian
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    edited 5:02AM November 27, 2018
    Anyone who thinks hacks and bots will go away in a f2p game are idiots. Take a step back and think about it. It's the video game equivalent to life and crime. No matter how many law enforcers there are, there will always be more criminals. If you think otherwise, you are an idiot or just too young and naive.
  • BabouBabou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Nature of hackers; always try to break in no matter how much security you put on. Vicious circle.
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 9:40AM November 27, 2018
    Maplestory 2 (and a lot of Korean MMOs) does a lot of things client-side. That makes it very easy to do stuff like teleportation, swimming in the air, attack speed reduction etc.

No idea why Nexon isn't cracking down on these freely available hacks.

• MochiAiMochiAi
    Sammich88 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks hacks and bots will go away in a f2p game are idiots. Take a step back and think about it. It's the video game equivalent to life and crime. No matter how many law enforcers there are, there will always be more criminals. If you think otherwise, you are an idiot or just too young and naive.

True, hacks and bots will always exist to an extend. Game breaking ones though, will definitely end the game, and that is a fact.
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    edited 2:04PM November 27, 2018

True, hacks and bots will always exist to an extend. Game breaking ones though, will definitely end the game, and that is a fact.
    Unfortunately the closest thing to getting rid of game breaking ones are just getting rid of them temporarily before a new one surfaces. That's a reasonable expectation and request to have, temporarily getting rid of them. Expecting hacks and bots to go away altogether permanently is out of the question yet so many in the community thinks it's beyond reasonable to ask for such a thing when in fact it is not.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    inb4 bots soloing raids with hacks lol
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    Unfortunately the closest thing to getting rid of game breaking ones are just getting rid of them temporarily before a new one surfaces. That's a reasonable expectation and request to have, temporarily getting rid of them. Expecting hacks and bots to go away altogether permanently is out of the question yet so many in the community thinks it's beyond reasonable to ask for such a thing when in fact it is not.[/quote]

Depends on the severity it affects the game by using the said hack. If a hacker can zoom in and out while unleashing abnormal attack speed, that will end the game. If such hack is apparent in the game even for few weeks, that will kill off a game even if the game is good. Remember the original APB? The game was adored by many but had to end their service soon after due to the hackers.
    Good companies are fast on catching those hacks and actually put in great amount of resources to combat that. In Nexon's case, the botters are rampant and their reasoning is that they have evolved from previous versions of MS2 and are hard to catch. This excuse seem reasonable but as consumers, we should not tolerate such slow reaction from the sellers in any way. Sugar coating the situation and defending the game even when they are incompetent will hurt the game more than benefit it. I mean, it's not like people are seeing a botter from time to time, it is more like we see it everywhere like a roach infestation except these roaches are crawling all over your table as you eat.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    Depends on the severity it affects the game by using the said hack. If a hacker can zoom in and out while unleashing abnormal attack speed, that will end the game. If such hack is apparent in the game even for few weeks, that will kill off a game even if the game is good. Remember the original APB? The game was adored by many but had to end their service soon after due to the hackers.

this exists and its on youtube

• MochiAiMochiAi

Yeah, I just youtube searched and see what you mean. This is indeed a game breaking hack and not just botting for mesos. Such hacks are what makes people leave. Why spend time and effort to clear a raid when a guy is just soloing the entire content without breaking a sweat.
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    edited 2:51AM November 28, 2018

Yeah, I just youtube searched and see what you mean. This is indeed a game breaking hack and not just botting for mesos. Such hacks are what makes people leave. Why spend time and effort to clear a raid when a guy is just soloing the entire content without breaking a sweat.
    Well because that person will eventually get banned and you will not if you don't do it. In any case, seeing massive bots in a F2P is pretty reasonable. It's much harder to ban a bot than for someone to make a bot. If you ban 1, they can create 20x more in the time it took to ban 1. However they should be able to remove bots in a somewhat reasonable time meaning you should not be seeing the same bots that exists weeks after weeks.
  • HardCoreMaplerHardCoreMapler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    lots of the best times on the cdev are done with speed hack.

Its pretty funny. People are busting their butts trying for god rolls. +15's and epic pets but they never catch up to the top times. Because all the top times in most stuff in this game is already glitched and exploited.
  • OsairOsair
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Limit the amount of mesos you can gain in a day to 25000 that's how you fix the problem. Of course no one wants that.
  • shokiliciousshokilicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    lots of the best times on the cdev are done with speed hack.
    Top10 on EU is filled by member of codex, which seems reasonable since they even uploaded videos of 3man cdev.

• BananaCatBananaCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    I hope they fix it before pvp comes out.

Played way to many games with people teleporting around in battle to know it is not fun. Right now the game is not very competitive so its not really to noticeable. But the day they launch that pvp maple arena next update, every troll and griefer will be using these to pwn people for that extra 1 up.

GRRRRRRRRR. This will ruin the arena if they don't do something fast!